All Categories

The problem with one hit kills

Search
Aug 31, 2021, 14:4308/31/21
05/08/17

Surely they are good for Plarium's bank. The question is are they good for the game? 

First a statement to keep in mind :

< People can only spend that much time to the game. Most of us have either a family, a job, and yes, we need sleep. That means we have only a certain amount of timeframes available every day to play. What you want to achieve in the game must happen in those timeframes. >

Now, I'm in the middle of cvc, just put my son to sleep and I want to banish ghosts for Ghost Hunt event. The problem is, all lvl 6s are gone. I managed to do a few earlier on the day, but all gone now. All Ubers are also gone. All done with one hit kills. I saw them do it when they killed my targets before. 

Sooooo... I already did influence, did SH SIege, not yielding today because I'm already too far behind in that group anyway. I could waste my precious time and energy on lower lvl ghosts, but I know the time/reward comparison won't make me happy. I only have an hour more to play today and I want to make it useful.

This is the first time there's no lvl 6 ghosts that I know, and the cause is the new levels in the league of Asgard. Heavy investors, sorry, players have no choice but to do one hit kills if they want to reach the last checkpoints and get the runic coins. The requirements are too high to do it any other way. The point is they ruin many other people's game. Same story with invader Hunt last time. I didn't even bother trying to get the 7th checkpoint... 

Plarium, your system is overloaded because of Seasons opportunities. I really believe you have a problem here. 

Update : Second day of CVC, the situation remains unchanged. Only a handful of ghosts left to kill so far. Ghosts are killed in one hit as they pop up again. Impossible to play a normal game to reach checkpoints in Ghost Hunt.

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 31, 2021, 17:1408/31/21
Sep 3, 2021, 22:08(edited)
11/30/17

I have played this game long enough to know when hitting Ubers was expensive,the lairs remained till exhausted, contained many more resources which were fought over, and not abandoned as they are now.

I agree it's a  bad situation, but as you indicate it's only a problem for those that don't like it.

Any changes they make to the game effect everybody, and the owners are the only one who can authorise and implement changes, and you are right, and it seems to be inline with behaviour or something engineered to happen.

Aug 31, 2021, 23:4208/31/21
Aug 31, 2021, 23:42(edited)
10/13/19

A good strategy would be to gaurd uber tiles, once they are farmed the ubers will respawn sooner. I have never had a problem with level 6 ghosts or invaders except for in the biggest of clans where it can be very competitive.

Sep 2, 2021, 08:0409/02/21
Sep 2, 2021, 08:39(edited)
05/07/17
Mister X

A good strategy would be to gaurd uber tiles, once they are farmed the ubers will respawn sooner. I have never had a problem with level 6 ghosts or invaders except for in the biggest of clans where it can be very competitive.

It's clearly about Ghosts. Ubers are always killed immediately during cvc. I think everybody knows about farming Ubers. 

Aside from that, giving advice to use domain guards to someone who's in the game for 5 years doesn't sound awfully smart.

Sep 2, 2021, 16:2609/02/21
11/30/17

I had thought the same thing in respect to suggesting guards , they are ony useful if you are wanting to yield from them, and mostly they are not, which was my point. The goal is the instant points from the kill, not the hindering, and 'too slow' from yielding.

Though you are right the complaint is mainly about the lack of ghosts, he does mention ubers, and the post is about "The problem with one hit kills"  

You are right also about the 'not smart'. but unless  you were familiar with the player or the whole thread,the length of time played is unclear.

Sep 9, 2021, 19:0009/09/21
Sep 10, 2021, 18:22(edited)
03/22/17

Hello all, the problem with 1 hits..

First off all, i strarted to play this game from day 1. We players saw that there was a way to be the best player without to much commitment. A lot off "big" wallet players bought the game. That was unfair. Everybody start complaining to Plarium that it was not a game and it was not fair.

So Plarium started to change a few things... more diversity among players skills,gear and town skins. A few things are also not anymore to buy with money, it need commitment. 

In the past it was not smart to kill invaders with 1 shot(ghosts came a lot later) be course it costed to much and everybody needet the materials. Now we have a few new items to be sure the diversity in this game getting bigger, town and hero skins for coins and uber chiefs. Now the player who spend more time in the game as before , they get the unique items what make them more different and stronger as players who only "buy" the game.

So the players with more time (commitment) and money will be the "stronger" players off this game and thats a good thing.  Its more a game now as it was before. 

Yes you ruin other players game but you get what you need to win in this game.....  you give up after cp 7 , i did this quest in ... 2 hours till cp 10, i got the coins. 

Sep 10, 2021, 09:5809/10/21
03/06/17

second lv of latest skin requires u to spend ghost juice thats why lv6 ghosts are getting 1shot

Sep 10, 2021, 10:1109/10/21
Sep 10, 2021, 10:18(edited)
01/31/18

That doesnt seem to make sense unless Ghost Juice  is something you get from one hit kills of L6 Ghosts.

If you one hit any of the invaders or ghosts, you are going to use more energy (Juice ???) than if you hit singly till the maximum bonus is reached.

Wait I think I get it, there is a requirement to spend energy,(sounds like another scheme) though  it would be more time consuming. this could be done by killing more and not necessarily L6.

Sep 10, 2021, 12:3209/10/21
11/30/17

Dude.

I didn't play this game till the browser version, so do not know how the older kingdoms were.

You say

Then :

'We players saw that there was a way to be the best player without to much commitment. A lot off "big" wallet players bought the game. That was unfair. Everybody start complaining to Plarium that it was not a game and it was not fair.

So Plarium started to change a few things... more diversity among players skills,gear and town skins. A few things are also not anymore to buy with money, it need commitment.'  

Present:

Now the player who spend more time in the game as before , they get the unique items what make them more different and stronger as players who only "buy" the game.

So the players with more time (commitment) and money will be the "stronger" players off this game and thats a good thing.  Its more a game now as it was before.  

Where's the difference ?

Also it isnt really those that spend the more time in the game that get the new special items, as those that spend get them as well.

In order to get those 10 levels you need certain things which have probably been 'bought'one way or another in the past.

You can only afford to one hit things if you have lots of power to burn.

Moby Dick was complaining about this aspect, he  wasn't giving up as such, it was forced on him,he says he didn't have the time like you did to spend finishing the levels, and even if he had the time, it doesnt mean there would have been ghosts to banish.

Giving up is what players like me have to do, because even the low levels are set too high and then rise very steeply .There is no possibilty or time to finish all of them.

Good for you that you got the coins, but you have to be on a league that can win them, and I know that in these leagues the targets are even higher.

What do you mean here?

'In the past it was not smart to kill invaders (ghosts came a lot later) be course it costed to much and everybody needet the materials'. 

Are you saying the competition was as fierce then as it is now? How can it have been if it cost too much to attack them ? 

So nothing has really changed from then till now ?

I know I wasnt smart enough to start killing invaders sooner, and not smart focusing on those that were most useful.

Sep 10, 2021, 18:2409/10/21
03/22/17
ANYONE

Dude.

I didn't play this game till the browser version, so do not know how the older kingdoms were.

You say

Then :

'We players saw that there was a way to be the best player without to much commitment. A lot off "big" wallet players bought the game. That was unfair. Everybody start complaining to Plarium that it was not a game and it was not fair.

So Plarium started to change a few things... more diversity among players skills,gear and town skins. A few things are also not anymore to buy with money, it need commitment.'  

Present:

Now the player who spend more time in the game as before , they get the unique items what make them more different and stronger as players who only "buy" the game.

Where's the difference ?

Also it isnt really those that spend the more time in the game that get the new special items, as those that spend get them as well.

In order to get those 10 levels you need certain things which have probably been 'bought'one way or another in the past.

You can only afford to one hit things if you have lots of power to burn.

Moby Dick was complaining about this aspect, he  wasn't giving up as such, it was forced on him,he says he didn't have the time like you did to spend finishing the levels, and even if he had the time, it doesnt mean there would have been ghosts to banish.

Giving up is what players like me have to do, because even the low levels are set too high and then rise very steeply .There is no possibilty or time to finish all of them.

Good for you that you got the coins, but you have to be on a league that can win them, and I know that in these leagues the targets are even higher.

What do you mean here?

'In the past it was not smart to kill invaders (ghosts came a lot later) be course it costed to much and everybody needet the materials'. 

Are you saying the competition was as fierce then as it is now? How can it have been if it cost too much to attack them ? 

So nothing has really changed from then till now ?

I know I wasnt smart enough to start killing invaders sooner, and not smart focusing on those that were most useful.

This was a writing fault it must be : to kill invaders in 1 shot.