All Categories

Gear upgrade success percentages incongruent

Search
Nov 19, 2020, 06:2511/19/20
01/12/19

Plarium I do believe your success percentages on gear upgrades are way off and you are absolutely shooting yourself in the foot and losing paying players over it.  I have made 3 attempts at a level 8 gear upgrade, all of which using hellfire for the maximum available 75% chance of success.  All three failed.  A teammate also working on levels 7 and 8 said that 7 of their last 10 upgrade attempts have failed.   Given the amount of time, materials, and gold invested, this is ridiculously unacceptable.   A level 8 gear upgrade requires 74 legendary invader materials.  Thats the equivalent of approximately 12-18 hours of invader killing if you have double hero and plunder.  I couldn't even imagine the time investment without those two purchased bonuses.  The upgrade also requires 718 legendary standard materials.  If you are up to level 7, I guarantee you've already spent your entire stockpile, so these materials will cost you around 60 million gold to purchase material coffers.  Throw in the hours invested in helheim to earn the hellfire to increase success chance, we are talking a massive investment of time and money.  That's just one upgrade on one piece of equipment.  Now imagine doing all of that several times and receiving nothing in exchange.  It's absolutely infuriating.  To require such a massive investment and offer only a 75% chance of success is unconscionable.  To do so and then in practice only actually allow 25% to succeed is repugnant and frankly quite criminal.  I have heard many players over the last few days talking about quitting the game over this.  It isn't bitterness over just their last gear failure, it is that plarium finally went so far, asked so much, and gave so very little in return that it threw into stark unfavorable light how outrageously expensive it has become to stay competitive in this game.  It also shed light on how little regard plarium has for its most loyal customers that they would require such a massive investment and not guarantee a favorable outcome.  They instead offer up a "chance" with a more palatable success percentage for yet another additional investment - and even then they've fudged the percentages so that the actual outcomes are nowhere near those that were promised.  Only in a plarium game does 100% chance of success result in a failure.  It's a blatant rip-off.  So very blatant that people are getting really angry over it - I mean REALLY angry - and they are beginning to question just how much they spend on the game and just how little they are getting in return.    Our clan has now begun keeping track of our success rates and I suggest others start doing the same. There's a difference between charging a premium price and robbing people of their investment.  This game was already on the top end of premium price for an online war game.  These new gear upgrades with their massive investment and their disproportionate number of failures, have crossed over the line into robbing people of their investment and plarium is going to lose a number of players over it if they don't set this right very quickly.   I don't mind paying for my entertainment, but if I wanted to gamble I'd go play roulette - turns out the odds there are much better than a level 8 gear upgrade.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 19, 2020, 12:4811/19/20
Nov 20, 2020, 04:12(edited)
06/21/17

Very good,but will they listen? 

There are people who  like the game, but have to operate greatly from you and play at much lower levels  that are just as annoyed at what it takes to do very basic stuff, and for not much progress,or advantage, and so have little chance when some players of your class think its great to throw their weight about in the kingdom, hog the big tiles ,or attack players of much lower status where its obvious who is going to win at the outset.

Yes I know its a war game ,except it isnt. 

Its a farming game where resources are amassed so you can get bigger to farm some more to get even bigger ad infinitum ,which is what you are doing now and eloquently describe in your post. 

A war game would be just about fighting, which most everyone does at the start at the game here   yet have little to no extra skills to use. 

It takes no skill to port around a kingdom and send a larger or superior force against some one, often absent, yielding on a tile,(done it) but only time and money.

Then there are those that cheat in the so called competitions,just so they can'win' so that it makes us think why bother.

Its  probbably already too late to rectify and save things, and I do have some sympathy for those who have paid the way to success,and yet will have nothing to show for it when it all collapses like a house of cards.

Update.

The concept of a low outcome of success when attempting something is not new in this genre of game, nor especially in this one.

Dec 14, 2020, 20:4112/14/20
02/23/20

I am so close to quitting this game myself, so I know what you are saying is very true.  Our clan recently lost nearly 25% percent of players, who now sit in the kingdom clanless, and I noticed some of them still log in every few days, maybe to see if the nightmare has ended.  

But it hasn't so that add more shield and wait a little longer each time.  Eventually, if the game they love is gone for good, they will be gone too.

I am not a gambler, and this game is not going change that.   For me, Helheim is a cheap arcade style game.  I don't play arcade games, they are not fun for me.  I realize skipping Helheim will make you a much weaker player.  I am also hoping for a fix to this tragic update.  But being real, I have already started weining myself off the game, because it seems more likely that future updates will continue the downhill spiral.   

Vikings was very entertaining for a while, but when a game becomes work and a mind numbing grind, I will find a new source of entertainment.

Dec 15, 2020, 05:5412/15/20
01/11/17

Dear Jarls,

We are determined to make the game better, so we'll definitely consider your suggestions, and our developers will decide which of them to implement. Feel free to write us if you have any other ideas or suggestions.

We wish you a good play and glorious victories!

Apr 4, 2021, 13:2004/04/21
12/26/19

I completelly agree with Baba Yaga but there are no changes on how it works.

May 12, 2022, 20:3405/12/22
05/06/19

75% chance is a joke! Again I have had three failures in a row pursuing a specific equipment upgrade. Throw in the towel.

May 31, 2022, 19:4405/31/22
May 31, 2022, 19:45(edited)
09/15/15

I would like to suggest that if the game advises that by contributing x amount of helheim fire you will have 85% chance of success then the game should be counting each attempt so that only the  5th or 6th attempts  fail and all the rest succeed. Quite simple really !