All Categories

Balance for Yielding Tiles

Search
Jul 4, 2020, 04:0807/04/20
05/02/20

Just some ideas to help balance out the yield tiles. All of these suggestions are separate so I'm not saying ALL should go in together.

- Increase frequency of earning domain guards. If some billionaire can come vaporize your troops en masse while yielding and dump a large cost for resurrection or retraining on you at least have the option to keep it from happening.

- Automatic retreat from yielding tiles if your town is under shield and/or the attacker is a certain amount higher than you in influence. Let's face it this is a number game and unless the influences are similar it's always gonna go to the person with the much higher influence number.

- Less troop losses for lower influence players against higher influence players in defense defeats. So the closer you are in influence to the target you are attacking the more troops you are going to destroy vs attacking someone weaker. e.g. attack and win against someone 10x smaller than you you only kill 10% of the troops you would've killed against someone your own size. 1% for attacking someone 100 times smaller than you. This would probably be the trickiest to implement.

- Some sort of notification that someone is marching towards a yielding site. Sure this might not be too big of a help if the person has a huge march speed and can get there before you react, but this would literally be the least game changing.

- Debuffs for attacking someone colossally weaker than you. At least on yield tiles. These are supposed to be vikings and they were pretty big on honorable battles. Their whole afterlife revolves around it.

Just some thoughts. Each one on its own should help balance the problems with yielding tiles.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 4, 2020, 10:3007/04/20
06/21/17

So what is your ultimate goal with your game,especially if your ideas were implemented?

Many have complained about someone far superior wiping the floor with them, and I do have some agreement with your idea about doing something to remedy this.

Otherwise I think your ideas are pretty much non starters.