All Categories

Limit idle time in Forrest

Search
May 31, 2020, 07:2205/31/20
01/21/19

Hi,

Like in Jot, where you are kicked after 8h idle, maybe doing the same thing in Forrest to avoid people staying there and doing anything (maybe 24h instead of 8h).

That can help to kick the town blocking the pionner 6 (whatever the reason), cause its the only one spot where you cant create a SH to exil it (i see kingdom with a town, off since 30w and shield down in 2years).

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 1, 2020, 12:3706/01/20
Jun 1, 2020, 13:19(edited)
11/30/17

You are not the only player who thinks the pioneer  achievement creates problems for users, but its not the only one,the clamour for invaders makes it difficult for players who don't have the option to go for the higher levels, because all the level ones get snatched up by the big fish.

I think the town you mention must be the exception or the rarity,they couldn't possibly have known that when they left the game 30 weeks ago with a 2 year shield, that the spot would subsequently be needed.

I have seen towns which are long term at the edge of the map,some on the starter tiles, but as you say they can be got rid off, but that in itself is also a further problem created.

Jun 4, 2020, 16:3106/04/20
09/09/17
This is an excellent idea. After 24 hours send them back to their clan aesir. If they are not in a clan then randomly exile them to another part of the kingdom.
Jun 14, 2020, 16:5606/14/20
05/08/17
There is a flaw in your suggestion, lots of strongholds  are bulit at the very edge of the forest so a large part of the strongholds valley of aesir is in the forest so that would been lots of towns would get kicked from their valley of the aesir in the part that is in the forest.
Jul 19, 2020, 09:1307/19/20
04/06/18

Well, building a SH beside the forest conveys advantage - you are close to the highest yielding tiles, Ghosts and Invaders and also the PoP; not such a bad thing if there were to be a disadvantage or two to balance that.

I am unsure about the idea itself.  If the Pioneer spot is the main concern much easier, in the same vein, to kick only towns occupying the one pioneer tile rather than the whole forest.  On the other hand there are advantages to an individual town locating in the forest (as for clans locating on the edge of the forest) so balancing that oot a bit by random relocation from time to time might have some merit.  Might take a bit of programming - you can't really have it interfere with, for example, someone with troops reinforcing the PoP or participating in an onslaught against the PoP.

All in all, leaving the Pioneer spot to one side, I doubt there is enough merit in the notion to justify the time and effort of a change nor the risk of unforseen consequencies.