All Categories

a misjudgement in your new cvc formula. It is flawed.

Search
Nov 13, 2019, 03:1711/13/19
05/08/17

First of all congratulations with the new cvc system. It kills of clans who didn't play but just raised their SH. Thanks for that.

However, a misjudgement crept in : clans wo decide not to attack the enemy will always get a draw between the 'killing enemy' sections of the competition's tasks. They get points for defending, but defending does not require an action, it is automatic. That means they don't do anything. A reward for that is kind of absurd.

The result is that, in such a case,  clans who do attack the enemy clan and risk losing troops will never get more than a draw between both tasks, no matter how much they wipe out opponents warriors, and the passive opponent gets a task win for doing nothing.. That does not sound right in a strategic battle game, and it surely does not reward clans that want to attack enemies.

Clans already figured that out. My opponent sure is happy with this stand-off and doesn't attack but grabs a point for 'defence' aka doing nothing.. But just check out the balance of these two tasks in other battles. There will be plenty.

You REALLY need to fix this.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 13, 2019, 09:1211/13/19
03/06/17
I totally agree the defense and attack should be combined!!!  and combine 2 of the others so there is a clear winner like inf/training. Please fix this i agree there needed to be a change but this needs an adjustment.
Nov 14, 2019, 01:4511/14/19
05/22/15
I think that killing ubers, ghosts and invaders should qualify for the same points at home and in enemy's kingdom. The last cvc, we were trying to kill ubers in a very crowded forest in the enemy kingdom, where they quickly disappeared, while our opponents killed ubers in our home forest, with very little opposition. 
Nov 14, 2019, 03:3511/14/19
05/08/17
Well, I lost cvc because of this stupidity, and I sure as hell will not play another cvc until this is fixed.
Nov 14, 2019, 04:0211/14/19
12/09/17

Yes, I was surprised that there were two separate categories for attack and defence. The only way to win both is to use traps and this will only work if your enemy responds. This might be very well for clans fighting over PoPs but for most it is a zero sum game in terms of categories but could be significant for the overall score. So yes I think they should be combined into 1 Killing enemy warriors category.

If there was to be a reduction to 5 categories, I would recommend combining Developing the Clan Stronghold and Increasing influence as this would also solve the problem of clans with no stronghold always competing in 6 categories only.

As for the ubers / ghosts in the forest, I think this is just one of those luck of the draw things. It's like lvl 8 and 9 tiles - sometimes you have the advantage and other times not. They want people to go to enemy kingdoms so I don't see this changing.
Nov 15, 2019, 08:4211/15/19
Nov 15, 2019, 08:47(edited)
01/16/18

therapeter said:

Well, I lost cvc because of this stupidity, and I sure as hell will not play another cvc until this is fixed.

That is right, you cannot have a clan who only put in total 2.3Bill points and another one who put in 5.9Bill and finally lose because the 2.3Bill clan did 3 tasks where the 5.9Bill did 2.

plus total opponents points do not show, does that mean we have to add them up each time we want to see the score?

Nov 15, 2019, 10:4511/15/19
05/07/17
Dimitri said:

That is right, you cannot have a clan who only put in total 2.3Bill points and another one who put in 5.9Bill and finally lose because the 2.3Bill clan did 3 tasks where the 5.9Bill did 2.

plus total opponents points do not show, does that mean we have to add them up each time we want to see the score?

Oh, I have to disagree. The point of the new system is that you have to spread your attack force. You would send us back to SH victories with what you suggest. That is the whole point of the changes, to stop clans winning by only creating lvl 6 troops or only boosting SH. That is utterly boring combat. Vikings is a strategy game, so much is clear, and lazy strategies should be made impossible. Paid victories minimised.
Nov 16, 2019, 05:4011/16/19
Nov 16, 2019, 05:41(edited)
09/04/17

Combine attack and defense into a single category for kills, like it used to be. Leave it at 6 categories and have the tie breaker be total points scored.

So a clan can win 6-0, 5-1, 4-2 or if it goes to 3-3 tie the clan with the most overall points wins.
Nov 16, 2019, 16:2011/16/19
Nov 16, 2019, 16:21(edited)
02/21/18

I think that you would find if they made it only 6 categories,so it it  could be a 3:3 draw, you would be back to square one, where people trained many warriors in order to win.

Nov 17, 2019, 06:5311/17/19
05/08/17

You are missing the point, attack and defence are irrelevant since they balance each other out for any clan that keeps an eye on it. 

I am not saying it should be 3 - 3, I am saying they should keep attack as one category and no defence, which is not an action anyway. 

Break up ghosts and invaders in two categories and the problem is solved.

They didn't change it, so I am not playing cvc. Waste of time.

WDYWTNTF said:

I think that you would find if they made it only 6 categories,so it it  could be a 3:3 draw, you would be back to square one, where people trained many warriors in order to win.

Nov 17, 2019, 14:1011/17/19
02/21/18

I do not think that I am missing the point.

I was responding to Khahan's suggestion of making it 6 categories ,when I wrote, doing this would revert the situation back to where clans would return to training warriors for the points total win obtained from a drawn result.

If you read the other posts on this topic you will see that defence is a separate category for those that have a stronghold, and start 'Siege of the Stronghold' ,they get points from other clans attacking, and even if this doesnt happen,supposedly they get points from ingame warriors doing this.

Breaking up ghosts and invaders would not solve the problem either, players without shaman would be at a disadvantage,and ghosts take more killing than invaders.

They are not equivalent  categories.

Nov 18, 2019, 12:3311/18/19
Nov 18, 2019, 12:35(edited)
05/08/17

WDYWTNTF said:

I do not think that I am missing the point.

I was responding to Khahan's suggestion of making it 6 categories ,when I wrote, doing this would revert the situation back to where clans would return to training warriors for the points total win obtained from a drawn result.

If you read the other posts on this topic you will see that defence is a separate category for those that have a stronghold, and start 'Siege of the Stronghold' ,they get points from other clans attacking, and even if this doesnt happen,supposedly they get points from ingame warriors doing this.

Breaking up ghosts and invaders would not solve the problem either, players without shaman would be at a disadvantage,and ghosts take more killing than invaders.

They are not equivalent  categories.

From what I understand you are protecting your new lvl 4 strongholds which much less people have than the number of players who have a shaman. Fine. Go ahead. Do nothing. I'm not playing cvc because it is flawed. And soon enough many will stop playing cvc I bet. Everyone without a stronghold to start off with. Then all the folks who disagree with you.

I have stopped playing for a year before, and you bet I can do it again. The game is FLAWED. Defence is not an action for 95% of the game. 5% is not an excuse.
Nov 18, 2019, 13:2911/18/19
Nov 18, 2019, 13:35(edited)
02/21/18

Hello,I can assure you that I am not advocating on behalf of the game.

I can see you are annoyed and probably have good reason to be.

I am not sure if you are talking about me having and protecting the benefits of a L4 stronghold, or others in general.

I dont even have a stronghold, so I am advocating on behalf of the little people who would like to play the game but, can not adequately because of the way that this game is run.

There  were a number of competitions running yesterday, which in itself is not unusual.

Many of these competitions run over  three or even more days.

Its a struggle to get very far in the levels they set, in exceptional circumstances 3 may be achievable,but if after 2 days of a 3 day event or proportional similar amounts for the longer events, if you haven't even got 3 levels, there is no way you are going to be able to reach any more in the remaining time.

Additionally often level 4 is something like 3 times or more than level 3,and so on,and its not till you reach the upper level that the big rewards start dropping,like for instance, the new star shards needed for the new skins.

They ask and expect the impossible,not for some,but for many.

Nov 25, 2019, 05:3311/25/19
Nov 25, 2019, 05:34(edited)
05/07/17

WDYWTNTF said:

Hello,I can assure you that I am not advocating on behalf of the game.

I can see you are annoyed and probably have good reason to be.

I am not sure if you are talking about me having and protecting the benefits of a L4 stronghold, or others in general.

I dont even have a stronghold, so I am advocating on behalf of the little people who would like to play the game but, can not adequately because of the way that this game is run.

There  were a number of competitions running yesterday, which in itself is not unusual.

Many of these competitions run over  three or even more days.

Its a struggle to get very far in the levels they set, in exceptional circumstances 3 may be achievable,but if after 2 days of a 3 day event or proportional similar amounts for the longer events, if you haven't even got 3 levels, there is no way you are going to be able to reach any more in the remaining time.

Additionally often level 4 is something like 3 times or more than level 3,and so on,and its not till you reach the upper level that the big rewards start dropping,like for instance, the new star shards needed for the new skins.

They ask and expect the impossible,not for some,but for many.

I noticed you are overactive on this forum, trying to have a say about everything. Since you 'don't have' a stronghold, why do you post here at all since you don't know what I am taking about. Please refrain form answering to topics you have no experience with. You are waisting people's time, and mine. 

You also changed the topic which is not desired. If you want to answer at all, stick to the topic. What you said about levels has no relevance to me anyway, and face it : I started the topic, so I can judge what is relevant and what not.

If you want to solicit for a job with Plarium, write them a letter. 

Nov 25, 2019, 13:4111/25/19
02/21/18

The title of your post is

"A misjudgement in your new cvc formula. It is flawed."

So I didn't  go of topic, though maybe I didn't address the exact point you wanted,So I will now.

In your opening line you wrote.

"First of all congratulations with the new cvc system .It kills of clans who didn't play but just raised their SH. Thanks for that."

The most pertinent being the second sentence."It kills of clans who didn't play but just raised their SH"

The topic of a changed CvC, of which there are many threads, would probably never have risen apart from the fact clans used to win, just by training troops and nothing else.

Though this wasnt against the rules it created a problematic situation.

You were effectively doing the same  just raising the stronghold influence as a means of 'winning' and getting your hands on the loot.

You were upset because this ceased to be an option for you.

Though this strategy suited you it would have effectively failed,when there was no where else to go.

Sorry for rattling your cage, and being over active here,(you are probably right).

As far as I am aware, Its an open forum,so players are mostly free to say what they want.

I try to only respond to questions that I think I know the answer to, or that I have an opinion about.

Just because I personally do not have a stronghold doesnt not mean I do not now about them, or what the effects of having one, or not having one mean, or that I dont have an opinion about something.

I do not know where Plarium H.Q. is ,if I wanted employment, I would certainly seek them out and do as you suggested.

Nov 28, 2019, 06:1211/28/19
05/08/17

Sorry man. I'm not reading your stuff any more because you don't seem to get the message. Maybe you should spend more time in the game. You seem to be a forum rat to protect Plarium. Say what you want, facts are clear. 

I have data for 6 battles now in two kingdoms and for each battle attack/defence was a draw. Facts prove more than bs.

WDYWTNTF said:

So I didn't  go of topic, though maybe I didn't address the exact point you wanted,So I will now.

"First of all congratulations with the new cvc system .It kills of clans who didn't play but just raised their SH. Thanks for that."

The most pertinent being the second sentence."It kills of clans who didn't play but just raised their SH"

The topic of a changed CvC, of which there are many threads, would probably never have risen apart from the fact clans used to win, just by training troops and nothing else.

You were effectively doing the same  just raising the stronghold influence as a means of 'winning' and getting your hands on the loot.

Though this strategy suited you it would have effectively failed,when there was no where else to go.

Sorry for rattling your cage, and being over active here,(you are probably right).

As far as I am aware, Its an open forum,so players are mostly free to say what they want.

I try to only respond to questions that I think I know the answer to, or that I have an opinion about.

Just because I personally do not have a stronghold doesnt not mean I do not now about them, or what the effects of having one, or not having one mean, or that I dont have an opinion about something.

I do not know where Plarium H.Q. is ,if I wanted employment, I would certainly seek them out and do as you suggested.

Dec 31, 2019, 19:0512/31/19
10/12/17
Easy solution to your problem: Don’t attack the enemy clan.  That advice has wide application.
Jan 1, 2020, 17:5301/01/20
04/07/17

therapeter said:

Sorry man. I'm not reading your stuff any more because you don't seem to get the message. Maybe you should spend more time in the game. You seem to be a forum rat to protect Plarium. Say what you want, facts are clear. 

I have data for 6 battles now in two kingdoms and for each battle attack/defence was a draw. Facts prove more than bs.

WDYWTNTF said:

Our clan has twice won both offense and defense ... it takes some strategy and an enemy clan that does do some attacking ... that being said in the news, updates, contests section of the forum is a post on what will be new cvc rules sometime in 2020 ...

https://plarium.com/forum/en/vikings-war-of-clans/581_news--updates--and-contests/172376_clans-battle-changes/

Jan 2, 2020, 10:0001/02/20
Jan 2, 2020, 10:00(edited)
05/08/17
Khahan said:

Combine attack and defense into a single category for kills, like it used to be. Leave it at 6 categories and have the tie breaker be total points scored.

So a clan can win 6-0, 5-1, 4-2 or if it goes to 3-3 tie the clan with the most overall points wins.
That's a really great idea Khahan.
Jan 12, 2020, 19:5601/12/20
Jan 12, 2020, 19:58(edited)
08/08/18

So Alice said this.  Do we have a date for this next installment ?

Feb 12, 2020, 18:0102/12/20
02/22/17
The new CvC format really sucks. The PoP  category is for the dominate clan only. I tested this as follows: I went to the enemy kingdom while their PoP was in siege status and kicked them out, I got now points because it wasn't held by my opponent Clan; next, my home PoP was in open status so I took and defended it, I withstood 4 attacks by my kingdoms dominate clan's foe, also got no points. We are going to loose this CvC because are foe got an early kill lead of 4m points and closed up shop and wouldn't fight so we have 2 categories and they have 4 because of the double accounting for kilss and there is nothing we can do. We have Odin's Tower, but they won't fight, so all we can do is farm and fight invaders and ghost, train troops and rack up influence and have to win all 3 while they can concentrate on 1 and win. It turned clans vs clans into Clan vs Clan. By day 1 you already know who the winner is so you can stop spending your time and money, what a bore! It's supposed to be a war game between clans, the PoP category should not be a part of it.