All Categories

Show actual amount of Resources needed

Search
Sep 18, 2019, 01:0609/18/19
12/02/17

Create a 'Hover' that shows the exact amount of Resources needed for upgrades to Knowledge and Construction..too much guesswork with current method....!
Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 19, 2019, 01:3209/19/19
11/30/17

I would suggest that though what you suggest might be desireable and more convenient, its just a minor irritation and the solution is probably low priority.

By the time you dont see the exact figures required,I suspect that it isn't going to be that long before you have the exact amount needed.

If its says 0.9  just wait till you have 1.0.

If you cant wait, search the internet for the exact numbers required, and then look at palace statistics for your exact stock levels.

If you have won or bought extras just use these to top up to the amounts needed.

Sep 19, 2019, 02:0209/19/19
12/02/17

Guess I need to explain it better...

When I want to do an upgrade for Knowledge, the RSS's needed might say 1.2B...what it actually wants is 1,234,678,123....to avoid losing time in a tense situation, and to make sure I get the amount needed, I would have to put 1,299,999,999 of that rss into the hopper...I don't want to do that...a simple hoover would indicate the exact amount needed...not a range of 999,999,999 or 999,999 or, etc!!! I have never played a game with so much guesswork involved...
Sep 19, 2019, 11:2309/19/19
Sep 19, 2019, 11:53(edited)
11/30/17

No you dont.

I knew exactly what you meant and its trivial.

Why would there be a tense situation?

Why would you need to suddenly do some upgrade in a tense situation, and if you really did,how much time would you loose by typing in the exact amount ?

You dont really need  to know the exact amount of resources needed, you either have enough resources to go ahead  with an upgrade or you dont.

Putting extra into the non existant hopper isnt a problem,its not lost.

It might be beneficial if the numbers were not so complex, or if instead of saying 1.2, it said 1.25, such that requirements were less vague.

Sep 22, 2019, 09:3209/22/19
04/07/17

When you are opening up packs of rss it helps to know how much you actually need ... or if you are having a team mate send the rss you need to you ... and a tense situation could be that you are trying to do a number of upgrades one after another when you have a upgrade bonus in use that is on time and/or the end of an event ...

Someone who isn't doing upgrades that need billions of rss obviously has no idea of the amount of time needed to get the accurate amount of rss when you don't have accurate information.  When you aren't getting anymore information than 1.2B it could be 1.201B or 1.299B ... and if your resources are in packs of 300,000 that can be up to 300 packs to open and then look after you open each one since it would be in a different place to see if you have enough rss.  And you have to do that for 5 different types of rss. 

And if you are hyperfarming and others are also ... you don't want to open or have sent to you more than you need.  There is an 8% tax on sending rss to another person and what you usually need sent to you is what you hyperfarm so you don't want extra to then have to send back and get charged another 8% for that.

And yes this would be a nice change and it has been requested in the past for more accurate information on how much rss is needed for an upgrade ...

Sep 22, 2019, 12:5109/22/19
11/30/17

I think you have overstated your argument and underestimated my understanding. 

I don't think it matters what your level of play is, the problem is, if the game says you have enough resources for an upgrade, and when you try do hit proceed it then says you haven't . I've been there.

Oh for the luxury of being able to open 300 pack of 300 000.

I have already conceded that extra places after the decimal point would help,it would also help if either the numbers for upgrades where not complicated numbers dependant on some mathematical formula such that they drifted into those that contained more other numbers than zeros.

Though I think it is true to say that you can find these on the internet and be forearmed.They could also tell you in game  exactly what the next level cost.

However, just like your requested fix, as I am not employed as a programmer for this game I have no idea how difficult or how important any alternation, whatever its desirability  or need is. 

If they did  give you the exact amounts,I wouldn't think acquiring resources in a tense situation is so straight forward, you still have the problem of the time to work out the difference, not everyone is good at mental arithmetic and then find this exact amount quickly.

With regards to hyper farming clan members and the rush at the end of competitions.  

By the time you are hyper farming resources you  probably can afford to pay the tax both ways, though I would 'Ask why would you need to send any excess back? ' Its a tense situation, have you the time to do this?  You might still be faced with a tight situation and yet need to do more upgrades.  

Also I do not see how you can avoid sending excess resources # a. you have to send in rounded figures as well, and #b. even if you could type in the exact amount needed,how much extra time would this take ?

Sep 22, 2019, 17:1609/22/19
04/07/17
I do not think I have overstated my argument or the argument of the OP ... and after your last post I am sure I haven't underestimated your understanding ... and I will leave it at that ...
Sep 25, 2019, 11:1209/25/19
12/02/17

"...However, just like your requested fix, as I am not employed as a programmer for this game I have no idea how difficult or how important any alternation, whatever its desirability  or need is..."

A Listener looks for a specific event...it can be associated, specifically, with a random mouse click or a mouse click on a specific Object...It can be associated with a specific action, such as moving or resizing a screen, or placing your mouse/pointer over a specific section or object on the screen..Listeners are deployed throughout programs to do specific tasks only upon specific actions...in this case, placing your mouse/pointer over the number reflective of the amount of resources needed.

Listeners are very simple to deploy. Each and every aspect of player options, in any game, MUST be identified and placed within an hierarchy. This means, each and every OBJECT can be referenced, manipulated, or used as input for other actions, conditions, or parent of parameters. As such, during any upgrade, a listener can be deployed with a specific range (where range is applicable to any set of objects that exist within a confined set...the parent range is GLOBAL...the Global Set includes everything...so an instruction can be Global or confined to a specific sub-set of the Global Set)...

So, as I stated, it is relatively easy to deploy listeners...the only problem is when your complied program is so fraught with inaccuracies that it becomes counter productive to attempt to keep track of range, variables, and other factors of naming conventions and the like...

Even more interesting to me...your statement implies you are a programmer, just not for this game...if that is so, you do realize the relative simplicity of this proposal...the real question is why you, and Plarium, cannot see how relatively simple this is? And, if you are not a programmer, how can you have an opinion about something which you admit you know very little about??? Exactly what argument are you making...and why?

Oct 8, 2019, 15:4010/08/19
10/06/19
Perhaps a simple solution to this problem is to round-up the resource number rather than rounding-down.   For example a new level 6 food farm tile is shown to contain 1.2M food, but the actual amount of food is 1,296,000 food.  So if the number is rounded up to 1.3M food it would be better and would solve the problem.