All Categories

User interface and game improvements (some are really important)

Search
Jul 11, 2019, 10:2507/11/19
03/01/19

User interface

1. Swap the colours of the tracks of the own troops and the enemy troops on the map!

The red colour is an alert colour, why my own troop tracks annoy my eyes?

The grey coulour on a light green map is poorly visible,  and practically invisible on a dimmed screen (under dialog)

Did you tested the game colors on a poor monitors?

2. The dimmed screen under dialogs should be a player choice option.

2a. The same with the smoke effect under dialogs - it sould be player choice option, it disturbs glancing under open dialog.

3. There should be a consistent policy according clicking out of the dialog.

(at the moment some windows close, some do not - I would prefer if all dialogs close)

4. The landmark dialog should "remember" the last settings, at least during a single session.
   (I mean the settings of the checkboxes - added that because of the misunderstanding)

5. Did you, game designers, ever try to quickly find a hero sent with some troop?

There is not even possibility of seeing, if the he is in town, while view is switched to the map.

6. In the Offence dialog (sending troops) the checkboxes of hero and shaman should be "remembered"

(either the confirmation "A troop led by hero or shaman..." should not appear more then

once in a session, or should be dismissed at all, or there should be a checkbox "Warn me about..."

7. There are two kinds of event sounds: "confirm action effect" and "alert".

The comming back troops or invader hit signals are very well.

There should be a sound "under attack"

or "someone attacked in the neighbourhood" (area signal, like invader hit).

The sounds of "my action confirmation" should be discreet.

7a. The confirm action effect sounds, like "select invader", or clicking "Shamans" button (Hall of the Misteries),

ore entering Barracks, are horribly agressive, disabling using sound in normal  home environment. 

7b. The "my action confirmation" and "alert sound" on/off should be separate player choice options.

Peace shield rules

1. Shielding up should be blocked at least until attacking armies do not come back!

2. Entering the other Stronghold Valley should be disabled fore shielded players

Whithout such rules, the war is not a war, it is just a snick robbery.

To discuss

1. After excile from SH Valley the troops coming back should change the direction to the new location?

(without ability to boost their speed up?). The price of excile should be lower then the price of teleport?
Otherwise the excile is a dumb and needless function.

2. Possibility of taking spies to the yield location?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 11, 2019, 12:1007/11/19
03/01/19

More about GUI

The Time left should be visible on the list of garrisons (Shrine of Odin)

and the shortest time left should be displayed on the Garrisons icon in the down panel.

Jul 11, 2019, 12:4007/11/19
Jul 11, 2019, 13:13(edited)
06/21/17

I always thought the red colour for your own troops was a bad idea, but that was because I had played a game before , where the attacking troops were in red.

It possibly ought to have been red from the start, but changing it now would be a problem.

The smoke and fire Its for atmospheric effect and meant to distract you.

You can get rid of the animation, not sure about he smoke and fire though, Id have to check on that.Yound can also turn the sound off, I do.

You are never alerted if you are attacked on a tile.

If your town is unshielded and you have done the watch tower  upgrades you get alerts then, but why would you be unshielded unlessit was deliberate and a trap?

The landmarks stay where you put them until you remove them.

I would agree with the closing boxes issue being inconsistant,  its been mentioned before , and still unchanged.

Though it is a sneak robbery, they are not going to change the peace shield rules, more would be against than for.

Nor can I see them allowing scouts to be sent with troops

The "rules" about not entering another strionghold, and the banishing I think are somewhat petty, is it a relic from when it was a different type of game altogether?

Exception for the complaint ,there are  dead towns there. and there isnt enough room in the stronghold .

The landmarks stay where you put them until you remove them.

Jul 11, 2019, 18:0207/11/19
Jul 12, 2019, 08:13(edited)
03/01/19

xyz said:

>> It possibly ought to have been red from the start, but changing it now would be a problem.

I don't think adapting to new colours is a big problem. But invisible tracks of enemies are.

>> You can get rid of the animation, not sure about he smoke and fire though, Id have to check on that.Yound can also turn the sound off, I do.

There is no possiblity of switching off the smoke, as well as no possibility of not dimmed map while in dialog.

The sounds informing me that something just happend (like troop came back) I need. But I would like to have ability, as a separate option, to switch off the noisy drumrolls, gongs and trumpets when I click, because I know when I click :) A discrete click is enough to confirm a click.

>>  The landmarks stay where you put them until you remove them.

By a landmark dialog setting I mean the state of marks on checkboxes. Every time I open the dialog I have all of them marked, forcing me to repeat the choice (in a irritating manner).

Aug 6, 2019, 11:0308/06/19
Aug 6, 2019, 11:04(edited)
03/01/19

The next point: the Watch Tower filters should provide multiple choices (eg. with checkboxes on lists). For example it would be great convenience to choose cities above some level or all resource locations of chosen level.

Aug 6, 2019, 15:3308/06/19
Aug 6, 2019, 15:38(edited)
06/21/17

DeerHunter said:

The next point: the Watch Tower filters should provide multiple choices (eg. with checkboxes on lists). For example it would be great convenience to choose cities above some level or all resource locations of chosen level.

I think you are asking for things that can effectively be done already. 

#The towns have several level ranges.

# The resources 9 levels.

Or do you mean mixed resources?

This could be very muddled, especially if you want a specific resource,and they were much lower down the list towards the bottom,it wouldn't save you time at all.

Aug 7, 2019, 04:0508/07/19
Aug 7, 2019, 04:07(edited)
11/27/17
the idea of shields staying down is horrible.  This game is already terribly top heavy with lvl 33+ having a HUGE advantage over everybody else.  If smaller towns still growing can’t shield fast there is no way for them to play this game outside of farming, ghosts/invaders.
Nov 4, 2019, 04:5411/04/19
06/03/19
DeerHunter said:

Watch tower does give you options... every rss type including ghosts, invaders, and lair/shelter has the lvl option. Same with towns. The towns are a bit more wide spread to cover a few lvls at a time, but it's there 
Nov 6, 2019, 01:1811/06/19
11/06/19
The clan leaders should be able to blacklist someone from clan wall. We have someone spamming our wall, it rolls off important message
Nov 6, 2019, 01:3911/06/19
02/21/18
Dont use clan wall for clan messages, and dont look at clan wall.
Nov 6, 2019, 06:5811/06/19
01/11/17

BigD56 said:

The clan leaders should be able to blacklist someone from clan wall. We have someone spamming our wall, it rolls off important message

Greetings!

Have you contacted our support team? You can describe your issue to me in more details in private messages. Also please attach screenshots of the messages you mentioned. You can use any image hosting you want. Will be waiting for your answer!
Nov 7, 2019, 09:5111/07/19
Nov 7, 2019, 09:52(edited)
03/01/19

Pegasus said:

DeerHunter said:

Watch tower does give you options... every rss type including ghosts, invaders, and lair/shelter has the lvl option. Same with towns. The towns are a bit more wide spread to cover a few lvls at a time, but it's there 

Misunderstaning again. For example, how to select all towns of level higher then 25?

If on the currently existing list of ranges one could have ability of making multiple choice checkboxes, the goal could be (almost) achieved.
Nov 7, 2019, 09:5711/07/19
Nov 7, 2019, 09:58(edited)
03/01/19

xyz said:

DeerHunter said:

I think you are asking for things that can effectively be done already. 

#The towns have several level ranges.

# The resources 9 levels.

Or do you mean mixed resources?

This could be very muddled, especially if you want a specific resource,and they were much lower down the list towards the bottom,it wouldn't save you time at all.

I don't mean the mixed resources. I mean, that I would like to be able to select RSS level 4 and 5 simultaneusly.

And there is no way of filtering all silver sites: in normal rss location together with shelters and lairs.
Nov 14, 2019, 20:2211/14/19
03/01/19

Another subject: Unfair timing of events

In my time zone (GMT+1, Summer GMT+2) the events like vanishing ghosts, always start at 9pm (summer 10pm), the best time to play for me, The battle always begin and end at 1pm (Summer 2pm), when I usualy must be in my bed.

If the day cycle is replaced for example with 25h "day", it would me more fair to all time zones.

Nov 14, 2019, 23:2911/14/19
Nov 14, 2019, 23:30(edited)
02/21/18

I dont believe it  would,somewhere someone is going to be inconvenienced by the start and finish times.

They all used to finish at the same time, and now they are staggered which isnt as convenient as it was before for me.

Have you thought about moving so you could play the game at a more convenient time?

Nov 20, 2019, 01:1311/20/19
12/09/17

LOL

For me, this mostly affects CvC. There is definitely an advantage for clans that have their big players on in the last couple of hours although the scores are so uncertain now that you don't really know what's going on.

As for the 25hr day idea, I agree that it would be fairer but I'm wondering if any game like this has ever tried it.