Level 8 and 9 tiles.Do something to help the weaker players.

9 Replies
User
8 July, 2019, 3:07 PM UTC

At the risk of being shot down in flames.(because its a war game and winner takes all)

I appreciate that the strong clans have probably done most in the fury battle to win one of these tiles.

Weaker  players get little to no benefit from them, in fact they are adversely affected by these tiles being there.

Even if  fortunate to have one of these tiles appear nearby, even next to you,you are lucky to get one shot at it.

The big players teleport  in, and in some cases sit on it till its empty.

Not only that,whilst there, any spare marches are used to gobble up any smaller tiles, invaders and ghosts. ,

Please do not suggest teleporting away,those on a small budget ,or free playing dont have the means, and even if they did, where would they go to avoid this?

UTC +0:00
User
4 November, 2019, 5:43 AM UTC
Sad to say, that's just how it goes. You can either spend clan points to get relocation things or take the time to lvl up and become a big player that gobbles up the tiles
UTC +4:00
User
5 November, 2019, 2:17 AM UTC

As a small weak freeplayer, I don't see this problem. I think the present situation is wonderful.

Perhaps it is different in different kingdoms but on day 1 after lvl 8 or 9 tiles appear they seem hard to find and there is some competition for them but on day 2 they are plentiful and frequently unoccupied. Silver is an exception of course and often by the end of day 2 they are all gone.

Then on day 3 and 4 I go to other kingdoms for CvC and I see that if 8 or 9 tiles are present there are usually some especially iron and food around the edges of the map that I can yield. In some cases my clan has reached checkpoints 9 or 10 in CvC through these tiles where usually we struggle to get near checkpoint 2.

As for not being able to move I find that now with all the gold from logging in each day and checking the bank each day that I don't need to bother struggling in events to obtain gold for Retreat, Huge Coffer or VIP. Even before these things I could score enough gold from events. I am curious what you do with your gold that you cannot afford this.

User
5 November, 2019, 10:59 AM UTC

Since I opened the topic, when I only had just the one free relocation, the new features they introduced has improved the supply of gold somewhat , however, being able to move around more now, doesn't stop the big guys from muscling in and taking one of these tiles  nor sucking up the other things around where I am.

User
11 November, 2019, 2:24 AM UTC

This is very true but as Pegasus says it is also very much part of the game that you have to live with if you want to play.

At least we get the occasional shot at level 8 or 9 tiles either in our home kingdom and CvC enemy kingdom.

If it's any consolation, big players have exactly the same problem with even bigger players.

User
12 November, 2019, 10:58 AM UTC
IF you saw the hundreds the top clan spends to get those tiles, you would appreciate it.  They do not farm the tiles for resource.  They want the keys.  Furys cost me between 50 million to 80 million t-7.  
UTC +5:00
User
12 November, 2019, 3:13 PM UTC

I think that is a ridiculous argument.

The only reason for spending money is because someone else, (the opposition) has, if the game was totally free to play someone would still win and have the top tiles.

If they, you ,don't want the resources, why not let the smaller players, who do need the resources, have a chance with them? 

If they do not yield for resources, why do they gobble up the silver ones first? 

As you said elsewhere the keys will  be old news and cheaper soon, and the only reason they keep adding stuff is because of players like you who are like sharks in a feeding frenzy  and spending vast sums of money in a me now, there is no tomorrow situation.

User
12 November, 2019, 3:32 PM UTC

If the game was totally free to play, you can imagine you would not be playing vikings right now.  The game would not exist.  For Profit Company do not make games for free.  its the people that pay that allow people that do not pay the option to play.  

And to be up forward, we do not tile hog.  We have first march rule.  So, if a smaller player starts a march on a tile before a big player, they get the tile.  Now, if your not happy with the situation, try to negotiate.  If still not happy there is the ultimate negotiation,  Tile hit the whole kingdom so if u can not farm, no one can.  One of the options of kingdom peace is equality.

UTC +5:00
User
12 November, 2019, 8:17 PM UTC

I appreciate that somehow the web site has to be paid for, but I have knowledge of a game that was completely free to play, and at first there was no means of paying for extras or fast tracking the game, I believe it remains much the same, at least in comparison to this one.

I suppose that generalisation is a problem, I cannot comment on what happens in other kingdoms including your own, but was reporting on what I have experienced.  

There is still likely to be an argument as to who started the march first.Seen it

In some cases there is no room for argument, its like animal farm.

All animals are equal , becoming but some are more equal than others. Also seen it.

The ultimate opposition suggested, Its a circular argument, because if you are not spending vast sums  there is no possibility to be big enough to disrupt any player yielding.

There is also the whole thread about bullying and the problems of rogue tile hitting. 

I am sure that its not beyond the programmers capabilities to come up with a scheme that at least  at a minimum commensurates every player  for the effort they put into fury.

At the moment I remain in the opinion that its better if we don't get the fast tiles.

User
14 November, 2019, 5:12 AM UTC

Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

For me, this game is completely free to play. On the subject of other games, I have played two that died because people were not spending enough money. The big spenders drive the development of new features. Sure, there's some I'll never use or I don't like but I'm seeing enough good changes that it keeps me interested.

Kingdoms are different and so we don't have the same experiences. But we get to travel to other kingdoms during CvC. I have been to kingdoms where there are still high silver tiles at the end of CvC and some where there are almost no high tiles at the start.

Yes, I've been tile hit and seen invaders and ghosts disappear around me. But I've also reached high checkpoints in CvC and rss yielding events that I couldn't dream of in the usual run of things.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about bullying and rogue tile hitting. It was clear to me from the first week that this was a game of shields and that you had to expect some tile hits. These are very obvious aspects that the mechanics of the game encourage. I don't really understand why people call this bullying. I had to laugh in the General Questions section when a lvl 15 player complained that a lvl 5 player was cheating because they attacked them 98x. This may be a hard lesson for an inexperienced player but you learn or you walk away.

There is already a system to measure and reward the effort that every player puts into KvKF. You get clan rewards for the checkpoints passed. Everything else is a winner's bonus just like KvK, KvKR and CvC now. You receive rewards for personal checkpoints if your kingdom comes first or second. The speed-ups and the high tiles are overall rewards that come to everyone who scores at least 1 point regardless of their effort. I am joking here but If your kingdom wins you could work out what percentage of the overall score came from you but I'm not sure how to work out the fraction of the tiles you are entitled to.

So, it looks like our opinions differ. Vive la difference
7483548 users registered; 151768 topics; 526646 posts; our newest member:Вишня