All Categories

60 minute peace shields

60 minute peace shields

Search
Nov 27, 2018, 22:2811/27/18
11/20/18

60 minute peace shields

If you attack regularly like me in VWOC, you know how quickly you burn through 8 hour shields. I've spent a lot on retreat standard coffers I know that for sure.

With that being said, I must have wasted hours upon hours popping shields sometimes seconds apart, I would like to suggest that the developers consider 1 hour peace shields being added to the item store for purchase.

I think the fighters in the game would lap these up and it wouldn't be as costly to launch multiple attacks in quick succession during events. Plus there would likely be a lot more fighting in the game which means more profit for plarium. It's a win win all round imo. 
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 28, 2018, 00:2911/28/18
09/03/18

I don't think shorter shields would really solve anything except making it even easier for people to avoid combat with people they may actually be evenly matched with. I can't say what percent of people do this, but I'll hazard a guess and say that the majority of players seem to enjoy demolishing the towns of people much weaker than them and then shielding up before there could possibly be any retaliation, delivering cheap shots all day every day while shoving this "shield or die" agenda down the throats of their unfortunate victims. 

Keeping in mind both paying and f2p players... When considering the hefty cost of resurrecting troops as well as the lengthy processes of plundering or yielding huge sums of resources for upgrades and amassing a formidable army, it's no wonder why so many people choose to take very little, if any, risk in this game and a gaming session can usually be described as either dull or infuriating. What would be most helpful is an alternative combat option, some kind of PvP where players could challenge one another in a way that would allow them to send only as many troops as they'd wish in a match that may cost them a percentage of their resources instead of their entire army and resource supply. That could at least lure some people out from under their shields and promote a semblance of sportsmanship. Just one idea.

My point is, I don't think we should encourage this one-directional gameplay by making it easier for people to shield up after every march. If anything, shields should have a MINIMUM of one hour after applying a new shield before you can choose to drop it again.

Jan 10, 2019, 11:0001/10/19
10/14/18

I guess they could the the option that if you drop/cancel your shield to attack another town you can't put your shield up again immediately.

You would have to wait 5 mins before you could reshield. This would allow the other town to attack back encouraging more fighting in the game. 
Jan 12, 2019, 10:0201/12/19
09/03/18
s-pi said:

I guess they could the the option that if you drop/cancel your shield to attack another town you can't put your shield up again immediately.

You would have to wait 5 mins before you could reshield. This would allow the other town to attack back encouraging more fighting in the game. 
Forcing people to remain unshielded for even ten seconds could destroy the game entirely. I think it would be much better to force them to stay shielded for an hour after putting one up. At least then if they want to play chicken and re-bubble right after hitting someone, they can't just hop around and take out everyone's tiles. Especially if they have summoned an Aes or have a bunch of boosts active, there would actually be some sacrifice if they decide to insta-shield after a hit.