All Categories

Stronghold Relocator

Stronghold Relocator

Search
Sep 9, 2018, 05:0009/09/18
05/08/17

Stronghold Relocator

Will there ever be a stronghold relocator to move the stronghold that you can buy it in the clan store or for gold in the item store that only the chief could apply, since the update to stronghold level 3 there are too many strongholds that overlap each other now moving the stronghold a few squares would easily eliminate this problem or if you just wanted to move the stronghold to a completely new location because your chief picked the wrong location when they built it. I love the location of our stronghold and if it was possible to move the stronghold we would only need to move it two squares forward to avoid the overlap, When I first built the stronghold level 2 was the highest it could go so I knew that there would be no overlap with another stronghold so if it was possible to move the stronghold you could use the same rule as the drakkar rule where if you relocate to another kingdom you can not move kingdom again for two months so if you did decide to move the stronghold you would not be able to move it again for two months this would stop clan chiefs abusing the option to move the stronghold if you could only do it every 2 months, When the stronghold was first released you could go no further than level one which was only 144 squares, stronghold level 3 is a massive 256 squares which is almost double the size of the original stronghold,  So having the ability to move it would be fantastic.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 9, 2018, 05:0709/09/18
Sep 9, 2018, 05:07(edited)
04/07/17
Out of curiosity what problems do you encounter because of the overlap with other clans?  We don't have that problem because we built a little bit away from the forest (which I am still glad we did).
Sep 9, 2018, 18:0909/09/18
Sep 9, 2018, 18:11(edited)
05/08/17
CIM said:

Out of curiosity what problems do you encounter because of the overlap with other clans?  We don't have that problem because we built a little bit away from the forest (which I am still glad we did).
Mainly farming we have a strict no farming policy in our stronghold from other clans most of the clans in my kingdom have the same rule also the clan that we overlap has filled all the tiles that overlap with there own player's to stop us farming there so we now have less usable tiles in our stronghold for our own clan to use for farming and less space for new player's moving to our stronghold.
Sep 9, 2018, 18:4109/09/18
Sep 9, 2018, 18:46(edited)
02/21/18

Of course kingdoms are free to make their own rules, but it has always struck me as being petty to not let people yield inside,though to be fair its not as if there is a shortage of tiles elsewhere to yield  from .

Often you see that they havent , cant be bothered to clear the tile inside, so ts not going to regenerate

The parking on the edge seems to be taking the  pettiness to the extreme, though it seems its not them parking there thats stopping you yielding, more likely nothing can grow there.

I understand this problem of limited space inside, but is it necessary to be inside? A  lot of players are not in their strongholds .

Sep 20, 2018, 18:3509/20/18

The overlapping Strongholds is a big issue. Someone decided to build stronghold next to us and now keeps expelling Jarls from our stronghold. Creating issues even while transferring rss to the Strongholds. 

Have devs looked into the issue off overlapping strongholds??
Sep 20, 2018, 19:3109/20/18
04/07/17
That is what I was wondering ... if you could expel those who are from the other clan sitting in the area where they overlap ..
Sep 21, 2018, 01:1009/21/18
06/21/17
rajputana said:

The overlapping Strongholds is a big issue. Someone decided to build stronghold next to us and now keeps expelling Jarls from our stronghold. Creating issues even while transferring rss to the Strongholds. 

If they can expel your members , then you should be able to expel theirs, so you could try playing their game... Tit for Tat.
Sep 21, 2018, 16:3809/21/18
05/08/17
CIM said:

That is what I was wondering ... if you could expel those who are from the other clan sitting in the area where they overlap ..
Yes you can expel members that are in the overlap area but it would be pointless as they are a huge clan with over 100 members there is just too many of them to expel the cost in wax seals would be horrendous and they would just come back anyway as I said before once we upgrade to sh lv3 the overlap wll be even worse.
Sep 21, 2018, 17:4909/21/18

Yes just expelling from overlapping stronghold is a never ending issue. In our case it is not a clan with 100 members. If it was fight against a clan it would be interesting. In our case it is a case of abuse by a mentally deranged man with Deep pockets. A pyschopath/ A loser. He expelled people over 500 times in just one week so people cannot send rss to SH. I ported to Stronghold 25 times and he expelled me within 5 seconds. I am assuming a BOT at work.

I happened to land in this clan as I like the Kingdom a lot. He literally have followed some towns from Kingdom to Kingdom destroying Kingdoms. Operates 25+ accounts with BOTS which devs have failed to stop and claim that it is within game rules or Devs just have poor technology.

Bots and multiple accounts aside. Net overlapping StrongHold is subject to abuse and should not be allowed. Developers have not thought through the distance that needs to be maintained between strongholds.

I am not going to be spending any more $$ on Stronghold or expelling this guy. It is  Plariums loss as they just told me they will not address this issue.  or who knows this guy works for Plarium and they want people to spend money dealing with such issues which is not going to happen in my case.

Sep 21, 2018, 17:5609/21/18
Sep 22, 2018, 01:59(edited)
05/08/17
rajputana said:

I have sent numerous messages about overlapping strongholds and the possibility of being able to relocate the stronghold,They just say your suggestion has been forwarded to the developers, but that is far as it goes, How bad is your overlap luckily ours is only one row but it will be a row of 2 once we upgrade to level 3
Sep 21, 2018, 18:0109/21/18

Ours StrongHold is useless as the Psychopath has built two, one on each side totally blocking the stronghold. 

Yes Support is useless when it comes to dealing with any game improvement or issues. I have never seen such crappy support including other war game a I play where my account is LB
Sep 21, 2018, 21:1509/21/18
Sep 21, 2018, 21:19(edited)
02/21/18

From the players point of view it would definately seen that the enlargement of the stronghold was ill thought out, we do not know if it was or not.

You have just illustrated a new situation of players finding a  way of exploiting a situation to their advantage,which in the context of a war game might be deemed acceptable .

On the other hand  there are people who take a delight in mischief.

What is there left in the game if you have spent so  much money that you have built and reserached everything,and no longer need to do the routine ?

To those players who got bumped  I thought you could just move back to your stronghold, but now I figure it might not be that simple.

I recall someone building a stronghold such that I was almost enclosed by it ,not long afterwards I was banished and randomly teleported.

So from this, and what you say  you can be banished from your own stronghold if there is either develoment or overlap , which clearly doesnt seem like it was intentional to allow this  to happen.

postscript,

intially they must have thought about this , given the rule about you have to be so many squares away  when you start the stronghold

Sep 22, 2018, 02:1309/22/18
Sep 22, 2018, 17:10(edited)
05/08/17
Jarl_007 said:

Ours StrongHold is useless as the Psychopath has built two, one on each side totally blocking the stronghold. 

Yes Support is useless when it comes to dealing with any game improvement or issues. I have never seen such crappy support including other war game a I play where my account is LB
There is also a psychopath in our kingdom he used to be in the number 1 clan in our kingdom but turned against the chief so he left the clan built a stronghold on top of the top clans stronghold expelling all members from the overlap area, He also overlapped another clan stronghold as a result which he did not care about, He then attempted to build another stronghold on the other side of the top clan stronghold as they were just about to upgraded to level 3, but the top clan opened up hundreds of new account to act as blockers to stop him building a second stronghold which was lucky for me as he would of overlapped my stronghold too. He use to go on common chat asking people to donate scrolls to him so he could build his second sh so he could exile more of the top clan from their sh area.
Sep 22, 2018, 02:2609/22/18
05/08/17
Epsilon3 said:

I cant imagine, that they didn't anticipate crowding, and  everyone wanting to build near the forest. 

Suggesting they must have done this, they have  rules, you must be "X" squares away from another stronghold,  and it cannot be built on the forest.  

A move away from other clans stronghold might be tempting, if it was offered, but why would/should you give into intimidation and move away from where they put the L7 tiles?

Well in my clans case we do not want to move away from the forest we built our stronghold to border with the forest  but if we could relocate it we would just move it 2 squares forward where the forest starts to taper off and as a result we would no longer overlap with the other stronghold.and would still border with the forest so it would be a win win for us.
Oct 4, 2018, 13:0710/04/18
Oct 4, 2018, 13:08(edited)
06/21/17

I see you have re-raised  the topic in another post .

I want to ask if the enlargement of the clan number,and the size of the area it covers, is just window dressing and pandering to the big spenders, and encouraging the bad behaviour of certain players, in what is essentially  a "my dad is bigger than your dad" situation, in a war game, and I want to be the boss of the only clan in the kingdom mentality.

Oct 4, 2018, 18:3010/04/18
05/08/17
xyz said:

I see you have re-raised  the topic in another post .

I want to ask if the enlargement of the clan number,and the size of the area it covers, is just window dressing and pandering to the big spenders, and encouraging the bad behaviour of certain players, in what is essentially  a "my dad is bigger than your dad" situation, in a war game, and I want to be the boss of the only clan in the kingdom mentality.

The only real benefit to a larger stronghold is more room for clan members which is not important to me as my clan is not that big really and also the other benefit is when the kingdom is all yielding in between global events the lv6 tiles are all full apart from the ones in my sh area. I hope they do not make the stronghold any bigger as there is just no need for it, they could still bring new features out for a lv4 sh without the need to increase its size anymore.
Oct 9, 2018, 23:3910/09/18
10/25/17
In my clan's case, the former chief built it much further out from the pop than we like.  There are also 3 SH's that are basically dead clans that are just sitting there useless.   So for us moving our SH would be beneficial.
Oct 14, 2018, 02:1410/14/18
10/14/18

It’s a huge waste of wax, takes 1,000 everytime you exile someone and to keep doing it gets tiresome

Also, some clans have so many dead accts in their sh, it makes it look trashy 
Aug 17, 2019, 10:4508/17/19
05/06/17

Do the game admin is planning or facilitating attacks on strongholds?! If so what will the attacking strategy and what will one gains resources or transformed items?! What is defensive modes  like  shield  etc. 

Aug 17, 2019, 11:2308/17/19
02/21/18

Your post has nothing to do with relocating the stronghold.

If they were planning on introducing attacks on strongholds, or anything else, they would hardly tell us in advance about it, or how it might operate if introduced.
Nov 4, 2019, 04:3211/04/19
06/03/19
WDYWTNTF said:

I understand this problem of limited space inside, but is it necessary to be inside? A  lot of players are not in their strongholds .

It's not necessary, but you do get bonuses from being in your sh Valley.