All Categories

New feature: Alliances

Search
Dec 13, 2021, 13:3012/13/21
01/11/17

An Alliance is a union between two Clans.

Alliance benefits

A Clan can form an Alliance with another Clan from any Kingdom, but allies from the same Kingdom will have more advantages.

They will be able to:

• Perform joint Onslaughts on their enemies
  • Send resources to each other
  • Exchange reinforcements in Towns and Fortresses (except for Forts in Holmgang)
  • Speed up processes in each other's Towns
  • Communicate in Alliance Chat

In addition, no one from either Clan will be able to dislodge an ally from a resource location by accident since it won't be possible to fight allied Jarls.

i

If an Alliance is formed between Clans from different Kingdoms, they will be able to:

• Communicate in Alliance Chat
  • Speed up processes in each other's Towns

To send resources and reinforcements to an ally, you both need to be in the same territory. To do so, allies from different Kingdoms can relocate their Towns to Jotunheim and to the Islands of Trials during Competitions. You can also relocate to your ally if the ally is in the same Kingdom as your enemy during a global Competition, or if the ally themself is your opponent.

How to form an Alliance

An Alliance can be formed by a Clan's Chief. To send an invitation to another Clan, the Chief needs to open the information window of the relevant Clan and hit the "Form Alliance" button. The Chief can accept or decline offers from other Clans in the "Alliance management" window. All offers are saved for seven days.

i

If the Chief doesn't want to receive offers from other Clans, they can set a restriction on incoming offers in the "Alliance management" window. This won't affect their ability to send offers to other Clans.

i

You can form an Alliance with only one Clan at a time and only on Mondays or Thursdays between 00:00 and 23:00 UTC. To do so, both your Clan and the Clan you want to form the Alliance with must be more than seven days old.

When you decide to form an Alliance, check the time to make sure that it is Monday or Thursday. The time zone in the game is UTC+0. If you live in London, then your local time is the same as the time in the game (when British Summer Time is not in effect). In December, in New York, the game day begins at 19:00, in Paris at 01:00, in Moscow at 03:00, and in Tokyo at 09:00. Please bear in mind that in some countries, winter and summer time may be different (as per the example of London), so the times mentioned may vary depending on the time of year.

An Alliance cannot be formed if one or both of the Clans is gathering troops for an Onslaught. However, as soon as the troops start attacking their target, an Alliance can be formed.

How to break an Alliance

If you are a Clan Chief and you want to break an Alliance, open the "Alliance management" window and hit the "Break Alliance" button. This can be done by you or by the allied Clan's Chief after three days have passed since the Alliance was formed, and only on Mondays or Thursdays between 00:00 and 23:00 UTC.

i

An Alliance cannot be broken if one or both of the allied Clans is gathering troops for an Onslaught. However, once the Onslaught has started, the Alliance can be broken.

If your Clan has troops that are still in your former allies' Towns and Fortresses, they won't be returned back to their home Towns automatically. These troops will defend your former allies and fight you if you decide to attack them. If you wish to retain your own troops, recall any reinforcements.

How to participate in a Competition together with an ally

If allied Clans are assigned as opponents in a global Competition, they can't attack each other. Points in Competitions are scored by performing other actions, such as: 

• Attacking Invaders, Uber Invaders, and Uber Invader Chiefs, as well as Ghosts and Supreme Ghosts
  • Training, healing, and resurrecting warriors
  • Yielding resources
  • Increasing Influence and developing the Stronghold
  • Eliminating warriors from other Clans and Kingdoms
  • Destroying neutral troops: defenders of Towers of Fury and jötunns

If allies are assigned as opponents in Holmgang, they won't be able to attack each other's Forts and Towns. They can earn points by attacking Jarls from other Clans. In order to fight each other, they would have to break their Alliance.

If you don't want your allied Clan to be randomly assigned as your opponents, choose a different time slot for battles in the Competition.

How do I know who my allies are?

At the bottom of the My Clan tab, you can view information about your allied Clan. It is visible to all Clan members.

i

Also, allies and their troops are marked with a green icon with crossed axes. It appears:

• In allied Jarls' profiles
  • In the information window about an ally's Town on the Global Map
  • In resource locations
  • In reinforcements and Onslaughts
i

On the Global Map and in the Navigator, all allies and clanmates are marked in the same green color.

i

In Alliance Chat, clanmates are marked in orange, and allies in green.

i

FAQ

Can I share coordinates in Alliance Chat?

Yes.

Can I view a report about a joint Onslaught with an ally?

All participants in an Onslaught will receive mail with the report, but in the "Clan members' battles" window, the report will be displayed only to members of the Onslaught initiator's Clan.

Can I disband a Clan while it is in an Alliance?

No. First, break the Alliance, and then disband the Clan. 

How do I know if my Chief has broken an Alliance?

Only the Chief will receive a notification about this. Members of the Clan will be able to see that the Alliance has been broken at the bottom of the My Clan tab.

Can I form an Alliance as an Elder if the Chief hasn't logged in to the game for a long time?

No.

Can I send resources to the allied Clan's Stronghold?

No.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 13, 2021, 14:2812/13/21
11/01/21

Good job 

Dec 13, 2021, 21:1912/13/21
02/28/20

During clans battle event, does enemy score points by killing alliance partner's troops?

Dec 14, 2021, 20:2512/14/21
09/19/20
Alt SH

Good job 

Why? What's the point of it?

Dec 15, 2021, 01:0312/15/21
01/31/18

Encourage speed of spending and get the poor to leave the game perhaps

Dec 16, 2021, 08:2712/16/21
11/24/21

salut

Dec 19, 2021, 02:3912/19/21
09/19/20

This and being able to capture POP  in other kingdoms has broken the game.

By February there will be 50% less players.

Dec 19, 2021, 09:2112/19/21
05/31/20

Good morning , request ; 

I have a clan and become an ally of a friendly clan when the allied clan begins the siege of its stronghold, I do not see the times and I do not see the marches that arrive.

is it possible to solve this problem?

you can understand that reinforcing troops without knowing anything is dangerous.

Best regards  

Dec 19, 2021, 17:2212/19/21
11/30/17

You will likely be asked to foward this to tech support, you may save yourself time by doing so as soon as you read this.

Dec 19, 2021, 19:0412/19/21
Dec 19, 2021, 19:04(edited)
04/03/18

This is an awesome update.  But can I ask as someone else did:-  If an ally reinforces my stronghold for siege, will my CVC enemy score points for killing their troops?

Dec 19, 2021, 20:0712/19/21
01/11/17
citrullino

Good morning , request ; 

I have a clan and become an ally of a friendly clan when the allied clan begins the siege of its stronghold, I do not see the times and I do not see the marches that arrive.

is it possible to solve this problem?

you can understand that reinforcing troops without knowing anything is dangerous.

Best regards  

Hi citrullino! Each Clan sees only its own jotun marches, but I've forwarded your suggestion to our developers 👍

Dec 19, 2021, 20:1012/19/21
01/11/17
GSPV4

This is an awesome update.  But can I ask as someone else did:-  If an ally reinforces my stronghold for siege, will my CVC enemy score points for killing their troops?

Hi GSPV4! No :) you can score points only for your direct opponent's troops, as same as your opponent can score points only for your troops.

Dec 21, 2021, 07:2112/21/21
08/11/17

Slightly different to the above - does your ally score points for their CVC when they reinforce my Stronghold during a Seige from killing Jotun troops?

Jan 2, 2022, 22:0401/02/22
05/20/20

I belive myself and many if not all my members will give up playing 😢 so good luck