All Categories

Craftsmen's secrets: gems and runes

Search
Aug 24, 2018, 14:2508/24/18
01/11/17

In the North, the path to glory always goes through war. In endless battles, victory can depend on the smallest thing, whether an accurate arrow or a fine swing of an axe. Don't miss any chance to get an advantage over the enemy with bonuses from gems and runes. 

The Workshop for gems 

To enhance your armor or weapon, use gems. Their bonuses significantly improve your military and economic characteristics and also increase the Hero's stats. 

Attack Invaders and Uber Invaders or complete Premium Tasks to get gems. You can use them in the Workshop. To construct it, you must have a level 1 Palace. 

Rune Workshop 

Runes are the special pride of every Jarl. It is more difficult to acquire a rune than a gem, but it brings many more bonuses. 

To create a rune, first you need to acquire all its fragments. You can get them by banishing Ghosts on the Global Map or yielding resources in Ghosts' Shelters. 

Creating a rune from its fragments can only take place in the Rune Workshop. You will be able to build it after your Palace reaches level 12. 

All rune fragments are stored in your Inventory. That's why you can acquire them before the Rune Workshop has been built. 

Fuse gems and runes 

Gems and runes are divided into classes, which reflect the value of their bonuses. Gem and rune classes are similar to those for equipment types: 

- Simple 

- Usual 

- Unusual 

- Rare 

- Epic 

- Legendary 

To increase the class of a gem or rune, you need to acquire four gems or runes of the same class. For example: 

- 4 Simple Opals = 1 Usual Opal 

- 4 Rare Iron Will runes = 1 Epic Iron Will rune 

You can fuse gems and runes for Silver, but it takes some time, or you can do it instantly for Gold. The higher the class of the gem or rune you are creating, the more expensive the process. 

The maximum class of a gem you can get depends on the level of the Workshop. 

The rune fusing speed depends on the Rune Workshop level and the maximum class depends on the Knowledge studied in the Oracle. 

Bonuses of Legendary gems and runes 

Use the best gems to get maximum bonuses.

There are 24 runes in total. Choose the one that suits your military strategy.

Inlay the Hero's and Shaman's equipment with gems and runes

You need slots to inlay your equipment. The number depends on the equipment type: 

- Simple and Usual equipment – 1 slot for gems 

- Unusual and Rare equipment – 2 slots for gems 

- Epic equipment – 3 slots for gems 

- Legendary equipment – 3 slots for gems and 1 slot for a rune 

Remember that the class of gem you want to use must not be higher than the equipment type. That means that a Rare piece of equipment can be inlaid with Simple, Usual, and Unusual gems; you cannot inlay it with a rune. Only Legendary equipment can be inlaid with a rune. Also, you cannot inlay equipment with two identical gems. 

Every day the Viking world challenges your military prowess. Create unique sets of gems and runes – get ready for any threat.

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 25, 2018, 15:3508/25/18
Aug 26, 2018, 00:56(edited)
02/21/18

Dont know is the answer.

I suspect  by the time the majority of players are able to get to the higher levels, they will have collected enough rune pieces doing it the slow way for all their needs.

As I feel by the time I get the invaders equipment that I want, it will be obselete to my needs.

I would like some clarification on the rule about you cannot put gems of higher class than is the level of equipment ,Its new on me,

QUOTE  from MODERATORS POST.

".........Remember that the class of gem you want to use must not be higher than the equipment type........... "

Have I not seen (as I thought I have) low level equipment with high class gems?

Is it a new rule? If so its not fair on those who havent been able to make use of the old rule

Aug 27, 2018, 08:4508/27/18
01/25/17

Dear WDYWTNTF,

This situation is part of the game's functionality:

1. the class of gem you want to use must not be higher than the equipment type;
  2. runes are only inlaid into the 4th slot of Legendary equipment.

If you have any other questions, we will be happy to help. Enjoy the game!

Aug 27, 2018, 10:4308/27/18
09/22/17

Such as a legendary gem cannot be placed into an epic piece of level 50 armor. But a legendary gem can be placed on a piece of level 5 legendary quality armor.

The quality (not the wearable level) is the only requisite when playing gems and runes.

Aug 27, 2018, 18:0808/27/18
08/25/17

Clamm said:

Do high level ghosts drop completed runes?

No and yes...

No, it don't drop completed runes, it remain fragments...

But as now, hitting lvl 5 ghost, the biggest hit that i have do as today have give me a little over 26k fragment... only runes who look like a gold coin, with the 32% bonus, have low drop, always around a few hundred, no more... but bonus from these runes are impressive
Aug 27, 2018, 20:4108/27/18
Aug 27, 2018, 20:42(edited)
02/21/18

Of course I have no record, but I  thought I had  previously seen others  use equipment with gems of higher quality than the quality of the equipment. 

I never tried  the experiment myself,for various reasons, including thinking its wasteful to build non legendary equipment, or destroy gems by smashing them ,(rather than using a one use only knife to remove them ).

Given how hard it is to make them,it ought to be free removal.

You also need the gems.

I have been playing over a year and only recently acquired  my first legendary gem, from a completed task, so it shows how rare they are  to find.

Yes I know about invaders and Ubers.

Surely you can put RARE  gem in a RARE equipment.

The official text suggests not.

Sep 1, 2018, 02:3809/01/18
Sep 1, 2018, 02:48(edited)
11/10/17

WDYWTNTF said:

Of course I have no record, but I  thought I had  previously seen others  use equipment with gems of higher quality than the quality of the equipment. 

I never tried  the experiment myself,for various reasons, including thinking its wasteful to build non legendary equipment, or destroy gems by smashing them ,(rather than using a one use only knife to remove them ).

Given how hard it is to make them,it ought to be free removal.

You also need the gems.

I have been playing over a year and only recently acquired  my first legendary gem, from a completed task, so it shows how rare they are  to find.

Yes I know about invaders and Ubers.

Surely you can put RARE  gem in a RARE equipment.

The official text suggests not.

You are most definitely mistaken m8.  I've been playing for a couple of years now and it's always been the case that the gem must be equal to or lower than the equipment.  It's impossible to be able to select a higher level gem and it always has been. If you try yourself to add a gem to a piece of equipment, you will see the gems which are of a higher level at the bottom of the list and if you try to add them, you will be met with an error msg

With regards to dropping completed runes - no.  Even with Shamen knowledge maxed, you will never get a hit which gives you enough for 1 leg rune.  The more shamen knowledge you build, (with regards to things like critical hit, sustained attack, shamen offense), the more fragments you get.  I'm currently at level 7 on the top row of knowledge and have leg runes unlocked and with a good hit i can get about 2-300k fragments from a single level 5/6 ghost, taking around 30/40k shamen energy respectively.  

Hope that is of some use to you

Regards

Gary
Sep 1, 2018, 13:3709/01/18
02/21/18

Thanks, but I did say I wasnt sure, I  cannot ever remember reading the rule previously, and had never encountered the situation myself.

As to my question about the following quote from the intial post by the administrator.

ADMINISTRATOR wrote "

"Remember that the class of gem you want to use must not be higher than the equipment type.

That means that a Rare piece of equipment can be inlaid with Simple, Usual, and Unusual gems;" 

Recently,I definately  saw  a RARE  piece of equipment inlaid with a RARE gem, so there is a contradiction here.

Though it wasnt me who asked the question,thanks also for the information about Runes.

It will be a long time,if ever, before  its of concern to me

Sep 12, 2018, 08:0709/12/18
04/15/17

If anyone of you need a complete list of Material/Invader, Gems/Invader and Runes/Ghost you can get a copy of my spreadsheets  (MS-Office) -

You can find me in Kingdom 364 Ilorrgskheyr;  x:253 y:590 or write me a PM and we find solution

Danish Thor
Nov 8, 2018, 22:5811/08/18
08/31/17
Please update the runes list with stats for new runes
Nov 12, 2018, 07:4411/12/18
04/07/17
WDYWTNTF said:

Thanks, but I did say I wasnt sure, I  cannot ever remember reading the rule previously, and had never encountered the situation myself.

As to my question about the following quote from the intial post by the administrator.

ADMINISTRATOR wrote "

"Remember that the class of gem you want to use must not be higher than the equipment type.

That means that a Rare piece of equipment can be inlaid with Simple, Usual, and Unusual gems;" 

Recently,I definately  saw  a RARE  piece of equipment inlaid with a RARE gem, so there is a contradiction here.

Though it wasnt me who asked the question,thanks also for the information about Runes.

It will be a long time,if ever, before  its of concern to me

Not really a "contradiction" ... more it would be considered "incomplete" ... rare gems can be put in rare equipment ... per the first statement ... I guess they didn't feel it necessary to include that a rare equipment can hold a rare gem ... It doesn't say "a Rare piece of equipment can ONLY be inlaid with Simple, Usual, and Unusual gems."  So when you put the first statement and the second together and take both as true (which they are both true) you realize that a rare equipment can hold a rare gem ... and I can confirm that is true.
Nov 16, 2018, 03:0211/16/18
05/24/18
The runes table needs to be updated with the new runes please.
Feb 21, 2019, 07:3902/21/19
04/25/17

Hii, 

Since it is very difficult to get the 32% offense runes of any kind. I was wondering how do the 9% health boost runes fare(because i have a lot of them )? 

I read some analysis and heard from many players that health and defense are more important than offense. 
Feb 21, 2019, 20:4702/21/19
Feb 21, 2019, 22:20(edited)
01/31/18

I think you are asking if 9% health is equivalent to, or better than, 32% offence.

You have the choice to use what  runes you have in the mean time, or wait with nothing till you have better. 

Unless  things have changed with the more recent updates. 

Health> Defence> Offence.