All Categories

Game optimization: interim results

Game optimization: interim results

Search
Technical issues in the North
Helheim bonuses
May 14, 2020, 15:2005/14/20
01/11/17
169

Game optimization: interim results

Jarls!

We understand your frustration with unstable functioning of the game. As we said earlier, we are doing our best to optimize the game functioning.

For now, we would like to share with you the intermediate results of our recent technical maintenance:

1. Ratings have been fixed to reflect the correct results of Kingdoms Battle: Fury that took place on April 10 and 11.

2. We have activated top-place Kingdom bonuses for Kingdoms Battle: Fury that took place on May 8 and 9.

3. Crafting a lot of equipment in the Forge doesn’t freeze the game anymore.

4. Global Map has been optimized. The following bugs and errors have been fixed:

- Incorrect “occupied / unoccupied” identification of locations, as well as erroneous display of the already killed Invaders and Ghosts on the Global Map;

- Generation of tracer Town copies;

- Incorrect display of Peace Treaty and Domain Guard statuses;

- Incorrect display of Marches.

These problems may resurface from time to time, but their frequency has been minimized. We continue working on optimization of the Global Map, and will try to solve all the related issues as soon as possible.

5. We have fixed the game crashing issue triggered when profiles of certain players were being viewed.

6. We have performed general optimization of the game process. 

We continue optimizing the game functioning, so a number of fixes are scheduled to be performed throughout the month of May. Please, note that some of the improvements may not be evident right away. We’ll keep posting relevant updates in our fan communities. Stay tuned for the good news.

Thank you for your patience and the feedback you provide!


Views
1k
Comments
16
Comments
May 14, 2020, 16:3605/14/20
06/24/14
44

Alice Vytsenets said:


Jarls!

We understand your frustration with unstable functioning of the game. As we said earlier, we are doing our best to optimize the game functioning.

For now, we would like to share with you the intermediate results of our recent technical maintenance:

1. Ratings have been fixed to reflect the correct results of Kingdoms Battle: Fury that took place on April 10 and 11.

2. We have activated top-place Kingdom bonuses for Kingdoms Battle: Fury that took place on May 8 and 9.

3. Crafting a lot of equipment in the Forge doesn’t freeze the game anymore.

4. Global Map has been optimized. The following bugs and errors have been fixed:

- Incorrect “occupied / unoccupied” identification of locations, as well as erroneous display of the already killed Invaders and Ghosts on the Global Map;

- Generation of tracer Town copies;

- Incorrect display of Peace Treaty and Domain Guard statuses;

- Incorrect display of Marches.

These problems may resurface from time to time, but their frequency has been minimized. We continue working on optimization of the Global Map, and will try to solve all the related issues as soon as possible.

5. We have fixed the game crashing issue triggered when profiles of certain players were being viewed.

6. We have performed general optimization of the game process. 

We continue optimizing the game functioning, so a number of fixes are scheduled to be performed throughout the month of May. Please, note that some of the improvements may not be evident right away. We’ll keep posting relevant updates in our fan communities. Stay tuned for the good news.

Thank you for your patience and the feedback you provide!

" we are doing our best to optimize the game functioning"

Same need more, we cant wait 5 years to solve problems from 2018.

We need stable game

May 15, 2020, 03:2905/15/20
10/19/18
29

It is wonderful to see the optimism with which advocates of this game blithely gloss over the constant interruptions in game play amid the constant need for last-second maintenance. I like this game but the inadequacies are so noticeable and glaring. If I were an army ready to fight in the name of Palarium, I would already be sitting with my feet up on an ottoman laughing at the deluded warriors still waging war to win a battle where only those fighting lose; no matter whether they win or not.

We gamers do not find the constant excuses a source of solace for the seeming ineptitude of those running this game. We do not find humor in the reactions we get from support, nor the answers so condescendingly supplied.

Everyone can be wrong...no one is right all the time. But if you are wrong 90% of the time, and charging for the privilege of being wrong so often...well I'm getting tired of watching you smoke after you're though with me!

Stop all the whooping and hollering with the ticker-tape parades when talking all glassy-eyed about the "new rollout"! It ain't all its cracked up to be because what it is based on remains fundamentally flawed...with no corrections in sight!

I see product offers for $100; have had conversations with players who have spent $1,000's of dollars; players who have played from the inception of this game...very few are happy! Addicted, yes; happy, no!


Instead of a Translator, we get more ways, and requests, to spend money. Instead of a stable game, we get constant interruptions, without notice and without reason. Instead of fixing the problems, we new layers with new problems that amplify old problems.

This game is akin to heroin, at first relaxing but ultimately an image of the psyche that craves abuse. And what Palarium misses is that in the face of the number of faithful players that continue to play and spur Palarium to make all of these ill-fated upgrades...how many would still be playing if all of the glitches were fixed and more faithful to expectations!


But, I guess Palarium is just representative of the times we live in...ineptitude masked with optimism, blindness, and disregard for those who pay all those salaries...
May 15, 2020, 05:5505/15/20
09/22/17
5
Browser version is not working .....again
May 15, 2020, 06:0605/15/20
May 15, 2020, 06:08(edited)
04/15/20
1

It costs us lots when our shields go down. Our millions and sometimes billions of resources get stolen when the game restarts. It becomes frustrating to play at all.



May 15, 2020, 06:4605/15/20
01/11/17
3067

Greetings!

Thank you for the information provided. Game should be accessable now.

You can also use mobile version of the game. To do that:

1. Install mobile version of the game and launch it.

2. Go to Menu.

3. Go to "Account".

4. Select "Plarium ID" in "Restoration of game progress" section and enter your login and password from browser version of the game.

May 15, 2020, 07:2705/15/20
May 15, 2020, 07:34(edited)
06/23/17
29
kind of hard to do ivar when nether one of them will load game been over three hours now trying to get ether pc or phone to load game i have had my fill of this
May 15, 2020, 07:3505/15/20
01/11/17
3067

Greg said:


kind of hard to do ivar when nether one of them will load game been over three hours now trying to get ether pc or phone to load game i have had my fill of this

Game should be accessable now on all platforms now. 

Please try closing all not used applications and tabs in your browser before launching the game. Please also check your PC's RAM and make sure your Internet connection is stable. Please note that this situation might occur if you have a 32-bit version of the Windows operating system.

Also you can find more recommendations for loading the game by following the link below:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/vikings-war-of-clans/technical-support/106959_what-does-the-game-need-to-work-correctly-/

If the issue is still relevant after performing all specified steps, please let us know.

May 15, 2020, 11:3205/15/20
May 15, 2020, 11:38(edited)
05/10/16
6
Ivar Marksman said:

Greetings!

Thank you for the information provided. Game should be accessable now.

You can also use mobile version of the game. To do that:

1. Install mobile version of the game and launch it.

2. Go to Menu.

3. Go to "Account".

4. Select "Plarium ID" in "Restoration of game progress" section and enter your login and password from browser version of the game.

Mobile version not available in all areas. For me not available.
May 15, 2020, 11:3705/15/20
05/10/16
6

OK I am letting you know, the game still does not work. For hours and hours and hours today, still does not work.

Best regards


May 15, 2020, 11:4805/15/20
05/10/16
6

OK now finally able to log in. Lost a whole day. Crazy waste of time... my daily quest in bad shape 

. Oh well, why we need to pay for daily quests if the game is under development i wonder... 
May 15, 2020, 17:3605/15/20
06/23/17
29
Ivar Marksman said:

Greg said:


kind of hard to do ivar when nether one of them will load game been over three hours now trying to get ether pc or phone to load game i have had my fill of this

Game should be accessable now on all platforms now. 

Please try closing all not used applications and tabs in your browser before launching the game. Please also check your PC's RAM and make sure your Internet connection is stable. Please note that this situation might occur if you have a 32-bit version of the Windows operating system.

Also you can find more recommendations for loading the game by following the link below:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/vikings-war-of-clans/technical-support/106959_what-does-the-game-need-to-work-correctly-/

If the issue is still relevant after performing all specified steps, please let us know.


May 15, 2020, 17:4905/15/20
06/23/17
29
i have been playing since 2017 im not exactly stupid when it comes to trying to get the game to down load and now that im in game now there is no hero energy and made 20 rings and when deleting them kicked me out of game all i have found wrong since getting back into game so far 
May 17, 2020, 21:5105/17/20
06/23/17
29
and i have sat at 256-517 three different times for pioneer achievement last time for over three hours still no upgrade on it and what the hell are you plarium going to do about the inactive dead towns blocking these locations and the dam russians clans who built strong holds and have towns sitting on the locations just to block them
May 18, 2020, 01:5405/18/20
06/21/17
824

If you read all the other posts on this topic, the answer is they are going to do diddly squat. 

Unfortunately certain people have a certain mind set which is highly contagious , all you can hope it hasn't spread to every kingdom. 

They cant block Jotunheim, but you have to be big enough to get there, and then keep your fingers crossed when you are there.

May 24, 2020, 19:5105/24/20
06/14/19
5
Öberón said:

It is wonderful to see the optimism with which advocates of this game blithely gloss over the constant interruptions in game play amid the constant need for last-second maintenance. I like this game but the inadequacies are so noticeable and glaring. If I were an army ready to fight in the name of Palarium, I would already be sitting with my feet up on an ottoman laughing at the deluded warriors still waging war to win a battle where only those fighting lose; no matter whether they win or not.

We gamers do not find the constant excuses a source of solace for the seeming ineptitude of those running this game. We do not find humor in the reactions we get from support, nor the answers so condescendingly supplied.

Everyone can be wrong...no one is right all the time. But if you are wrong 90% of the time, and charging for the privilege of being wrong so often...well I'm getting tired of watching you smoke after you're though with me!

Stop all the whooping and hollering with the ticker-tape parades when talking all glassy-eyed about the "new rollout"! It ain't all its cracked up to be because what it is based on remains fundamentally flawed...with no corrections in sight!

I see product offers for $100; have had conversations with players who have spent $1,000's of dollars; players who have played from the inception of this game...very few are happy! Addicted, yes; happy, no!


Instead of a Translator, we get more ways, and requests, to spend money. Instead of a stable game, we get constant interruptions, without notice and without reason. Instead of fixing the problems, we new layers with new problems that amplify old problems.

This game is akin to heroin, at first relaxing but ultimately an image of the psyche that craves abuse. And what Palarium misses is that in the face of the number of faithful players that continue to play and spur Palarium to make all of these ill-fated upgrades...how many would still be playing if all of the glitches were fixed and more faithful to expectations!


But, I guess Palarium is just representative of the times we live in...ineptitude masked with optimism, blindness, and disregard for those who pay all those salaries...
Well said unfortunately it will most likely fall of deaf ears, We all know plariums true first priority is to capitalize on their greed and expand their already deep pockets and our expense.
Jun 24, 2020, 06:2406/24/20
12/02/17
182

I come to this post because I have noticed a change in the behavior of the game...an improvement! Yes, glitches remain...BUT I SEE IMPROVEMENT!!!!! Small but steady steps, a long time coming, but I do see improvement!!!


In spite of the bitter stench Palarium's slime-trail from the doors of support leaves, I am seeing improvement! Amid all the incessant demands, masked as teeny-tiny inducements, for money...I am seeing improvement! In spite of the heroin-like trance I find myself in, sitting idly watch the same cut scenes play over and over and over and over..ad infinitum...I am seeing improvement! In the cluster of illogical links, boastful failures, and falsely assumed vanities...I am seeing improvement!!!!


And since the owner of Palarium manufactures gambling devices that will see scant use until the thumping of tails alerting the Covid-19 that sent us scurrying into the desolation of isolation is renewed with a virus eliminator, Aristocrat may have to rely on profits from this game rather than attempting to convince a gullible public that every home should have its very own slot machine with a certificate of authenticity that it was truly destined for a now-defunct gambling house so they can  pawn off the dust-gathering stock sitting idly in some warehouse in the interior of NZ....We better see more improvement!