All Categories

Update: boosts, bonuses, and Clans Battle tasks, game account linking, and much more

Update: boosts, bonuses, and Clans Battle tasks, game account linking, and much more

Search
Comments
Feb 5, 2020, 10:2302/05/20
12/09/17

@khunterj I can't answer most of your questions but here's a couple.

If one clan has a level 4 Stronghold with a Tower of Odin and the other doesn't then both sides can still score points. The clan with the Tower has the advantage because they can choose when to open it and when to defend it. The other clan must attack to score points. The defending clan can score points by killing the enemy clan or the Plarium attackers. I don't think it is fair that Plarium troops count.

I think they put the Place of Power in as a category of its own so that there would be 4 kill categories. This means that the biggest clans can win just by fighting.

What this means is that the biggest clans will be playing for 7 categories but most clans will be playing for 5 categories.

As you say, a clan with few members will have an advantage but this is where strategy and discipline come into play. Unfortunately there is no defense against a credit card no matter what matching system is used.

Feb 5, 2020, 13:5502/05/20
Feb 5, 2020, 22:33(edited)
11/26/15

Hi,

in the cvc before was one step for kill troops in an attack and one step with defence troops.

In our cvc at the moment, kill troops in resource tiles and kill all troobs steps it count 2:0 for our enemy and we had no chance to change this because they not collect and have shield.

Now we must win 2  steps for equal. But there is now one big money player who build so many troops that we had no chance to get him there.

That means the enemy only must win 3 steps to win the cvc. But we can not get this. Stronghold build learning, Intruders and collect ok we could but not troops building. So loose. No chance.

In the cvc before it would count 1:1.And we had a chance in more steps to win.

And now to stronghold 4. That is not fair too. When some clan had one and the other not. The cla with level 4 should only open it for attack when the other clan is off and they win easy this step.

For me goes this game from update to update worse and worse.

Again change the matchmaking before new updates!. Fair fights! Clans against clans who have nearly the same influence, influence each member, number of members, level from stronghold!

And change this last update in cvc from the point kill troops. 3 Steps are enough for kill.

An other change where a troop limit. The cvc enemy big player had build 128 million T6 troops or 64 million T7. I have only 8 million from all.

That is complete stupid. One player destroy a cvc. What is fair in this game anymore???

If this changes come i will spend money in this game again. If not no money!

Feb 6, 2020, 01:0502/06/20
Feb 6, 2020, 01:07(edited)
12/09/17

As you say, in the old category system fighting was mostly 1:1 so fighting didn't count at all unless the enemy could be trapped or there was a tie.

Now fighting counts. So clans need to look at new strategies. It is like when the game changed from just yield or train to win.

As for the Stronghold 4 with Tower of Odin, it is like any other feature of the game to be obtained and used when it suits you strategically. If I use resources and materials to set up a scout trap but my enemy doesn't is that unfair? What is unfair is the points from Plarium troops but as long as players know about it they can try to develop a strategy there also. For example, if you think the enemy clan is much stronger than you in fighting then don't fight and only yield with domain guards, give them the 2 points for category 3 and 4 and try to win categories 5, 6 and 7. Perhaps you can sneak a few points near the end if they think you're not going to attack their tiles (scout tiles before attack of course) and get category 1.

Matchmaking has nothing to do with the new CvC system but has always been a problem. Your CvC opponent would have beaten you under any of the CvC systems.

The limits you set would still not give fair fights. Clans with "nearly the same influence, influence each member, number of members, level from stronghold!" will still have very different levels of fighting/farming, communication, player availability and experience. And perhaps most importantly, credit card size. Also for clans with few members, your system would give many possible opponents but once you got past about 10-20 members it would give almost no matches at all.

Setting a troop limit would just mean the enemy could train and dismiss unless you mean a maximum possible score in that category in which case they would shift their efforts to another category once the maximum was reached.

As you say, this is not a fair game. Whatever changes are made, some will come up with a way to use them to their advantage.

Of course it doesn't hurt to make suggestions. And you are always free to spend your money as you wish.

Feb 6, 2020, 01:2502/06/20
03/22/18

I agree with all those who disagreed with the last changes on the CvC rules. The first CvC with these rules has been played. It was one big disappointment.

As said before task 1 is the same as task 4. In fact T4 is the summary of task 1 to 3. So killing an enemy counts double wherever he was killed. Moreover T2 makes no sense in a CvC. Who is going to attack a PoP in a foreign kingdom? T3 makes no sense for all those keeping their SH below level 4.

Hunting and yielding, tasks everyone could do, are merged and gives only 1 point instead of 2. Task 6 remained unchanged. Task 7 is again a merger of two previous tasks: increasing influence and the development of the SH. The last depends on SH ressources, tactics with transformations and was attainable by everyone having a SH. Increasing influence in such a short period depends only on money. Our opponent, equaly strong as we, scored 3.056.177.500 with only 7 active members, while upgrading a SH from 2 to 3 brings only 350.000.000. So how did they do whitout buying a large number of updates?

In conclusion: these new rules are made for the upper few. For us they are simply killing the joy of the game and encourage passivity.

For information: we consider ourself not as a small clan. We are in the top 10 of our kingdom and the clan exists for over 3 years.

Feb 6, 2020, 11:5202/06/20
02/18/19

khunterj said:

Hi,

in the cvc before was one step for kill troops in an attack and one step with defence troops.

In our cvc at the moment, kill troops in resource tiles and kill all troobs steps it count 2:0 for our enemy and we had no chance to change this because they not collect and have shield.

Now we must win 2  steps for equal. But there is now one big money player who build so many troops that we had no chance to get him there.

That means the enemy only must win 3 steps to win the cvc. But we can not get this. Stronghold build learning, Intruders and collect ok we could but not troops building. So loose. No chance.

In the cvc before it would count 1:1.And we had a chance in more steps to win.

And now to stronghold 4. That is not fair too. When some clan had one and the other not. The cla with level 4 should only open it for attack when the other clan is off and they win easy this step.

For me goes this game from update to update worse and worse.

Again change the matchmaking before new updates!. Fair fights! Clans against clans who have nearly the same influence, influence each member, number of members, level from stronghold!

And change this last update in cvc from the point kill troops. 3 Steps are enough for kill.

An other change where a troop limit. The cvc enemy big player had build 128 million T6 troops or 64 million T7. I have only 8 million from all.

That is complete stupid. One player destroy a cvc. What is fair in this game anymore???

If this changes come i will spend money in this game again. If not no money!

Your requests are pretty stupid. You can not complain that you have less troops than enemy, lol. Train more and get more than them. The match between clans is pretty fair, the single problem is that this match is made with 15 min before the event and in those 15 min you can change the clan so you will be able to score, but also put the enemy in a big problem mostly, if you are a big player in a small clan. 

The stronghold is fair, if you don't have it at 4, build one, but at your level I assume no enemy has it, also, plarium troops are quite powerful, are more powerful than a regular player troops, so don't think at your level the enemy can do something defending that. 

The cvc format is perfect, now you just need to use your brain to win it, and also you can lose if the enemy has more time and money, but this is a general multiplayer issue, so no issue after all.

Feb 7, 2020, 22:2202/07/20
11/26/15

Hi,

SCONTI:

so can only write a big money player or a new player who not play this game since many years.

I see that you are play since 1 year is this right?

Which influence you have?

Do you know how many you need to train 128 million T6 troops?

Do you know how long need a stronghold 4? And what you need for this from resources and booster?

And what have points from Plarium troops do with a cvc? Than also can count all attacks during this event from all players.

Sure when you are so stupid to spend 100 or 1000EUR in this game in the year or better month it is easy and I would say the same about the cvc and the matchmaking.

I play since 2015 and see all the updates. First they are good but than they go only for big money players. The most things in the updates you can only make when you spend money and not less money.

Feb 9, 2020, 09:2902/09/20
10/02/19
HC SSBR said:

Seeing alot of complaints that this new update really targeted helping the bigger players, you all have to keep in mind that the bigger players run out of things to do and goals to accomplish, while smaller players have tons of things to do as they build. Also, bigger players, spend more, hence, in essence, they pay for this game to be around for all to play. The next update will likely make adjustments to the CvC scoring as they get feedback and track results in this CvC, but I like their attempts at balancing things out, before was too weak and too much like farmville, now it seems a bit over balanced toward kills, eventually they will find the balance. I love the new OS and troop boost for training, will make training massive amounts of troops so much faster.

Feb 9, 2020, 09:4202/09/20
10/02/19
maybe all the small players should just quit  and leave it to all you big players who kept the game going it sure seems to me plarium gets all the money they need from you I know they are not getting anymore from me 
Feb 9, 2020, 11:1302/09/20
Feb 9, 2020, 11:16(edited)
03/21/17
Little new features fine. But what really bothers me is that I cannot save my settings. I am german and I hate the games music. Bevore I can play I have to select my settings, turn music off and so on...und then MUST RESET. After that I put my Invaderset on and after each Invader I MUST RESET because any Invader is not available in the moment (Ödland) AND I do not want to moove to Ödland I want to kill Invaders. After resetting 20 min I deside to leave the game because I am missing the time to use up my 1h Invader booster. For 1h game I must do installation services for 30 min  and that is really a bad outcome. Can you fix that?
Feb 9, 2020, 18:4902/09/20
06/23/17
5pac3balls said:

the new categories cvc are perfect ... for a kvk !!!

reallly wish a rollback from these horrible update
do not worry in time plarium will figure out how to screwup kvk and screw  people out of more money and  there will not be a playable event in the game i mostly login now to just to tell plarium what i think about them now
Feb 10, 2020, 10:2002/10/20
08/25/17

Greg said:

5pac3balls said:

do not worry in time plarium will figure out how to screwup kvk and screw  people out of more money and  there will not be a playable event in the game i mostly login now to just to tell plarium what i think about them now

well, after one cvc with the new rules, i need to said that little change is needed... only get rid of the categorie 4 will somehow make the cvc more balanced...

due to a single tile hit, we have loose directly 2 categorie... ennemy have win training with a huge amount of T7... end up with a score of 2 and ennemy 3... if categorie 4 was removed, it will have be 2 on both side but since our total score was better, way above the level 15, we will have won...

for the next cvc, we are against a clan in a old kingdom who have a bastion 4... since plarium troop count, we will probably loose it... if the plarium troop was not counted for the score, we will have probably try some assault with our few fighters but we will not do it or try it until plarium troop count for the ennemy...

the update is not bad in itself but some tuning is needed for better balance... personaly, i think that the removal of the categorie 4 will help to rebalance le cvc... score being used for select the winner in case of draw with the categorie

Feb 11, 2020, 13:1402/11/20
Feb 11, 2020, 13:15(edited)
04/07/17

5pac3balls said:

Greg said:

5pac3balls said:

well, after one cvc with the new rules, i need to said that little change is needed... only get rid of the categorie 4 will somehow make the cvc more balanced...

due to a single tile hit, we have loose directly 2 categorie... ennemy have win training with a huge amount of T7... end up with a score of 2 and ennemy 3... if categorie 4 was removed, it will have be 2 on both side but since our total score was better, way above the level 15, we will have won...

for the next cvc, we are against a clan in a old kingdom who have a bastion 4... since plarium troop count, we will probably loose it... if the plarium troop was not counted for the score, we will have probably try some assault with our few fighters but we will not do it or try it until plarium troop count for the ennemy...

the update is not bad in itself but some tuning is needed for better balance... personaly, i think that the removal of the categorie 4 will help to rebalance le cvc... score being used for select the winner in case of draw with the categorie

I don't have a  problem with getting rid of category 4 and replace with splitting either category 5 or 7  ... or for it to stay the same ...

The cvc you lost if the rules were different maybe the enemy would have done more in category 5 or 7 ... no reason to think you would have won for sure if rules were different because different rules would influence how enemy "plays" ...

Feb 11, 2020, 14:0102/11/20
02/18/19

khunterj said:

Hi,

SCONTI:

so can only write a big money player or a new player who not play this game since many years.

I see that you are play since 1 year is this right?

Which influence you have?

Do you know how many you need to train 128 million T6 troops?

Do you know how long need a stronghold 4? And what you need for this from resources and booster?

And what have points from Plarium troops do with a cvc? Than also can count all attacks during this event from all players.

Sure when you are so stupid to spend 100 or 1000EUR in this game in the year or better month it is easy and I would say the same about the cvc and the matchmaking.

I play since 2015 and see all the updates. First they are good but than they go only for big money players. The most things in the updates you can only make when you spend money and not less money.

:)) You make me laugh a little.

So, you don't see the benefits, real benefits of the update, you complain about the money players that pay for you to play the game, you cry about how many resources you need for 128m t6 (not cheap thing after all), you cry about not knowing why plarium troops should count (the same reason the neutral troops count in fury), etc. This update brings strategy back into the game for cvc and on the same time, this update makes life of low players much better. I am middle player, still understand better than you all the game mechanisms, understand why some updates works the way they work, I know how to win an event and know that spending too much into the game is stupidity, as stupid as are the complains of a non-spending player that cry over the updates that are meant for those who spend money so that plarium can win their everyday bread. If you don't spend money, then why are you here complain about the things? I do spend, but on megas each 3-4 months, so I can spent a little from what I work to have the privilege to do something I like,playing the game at a certain level.

Please, all the players that don't spend money or only 5$ per year, stop complain about anything, you did nothing to be listen after all.

Feb 13, 2020, 07:4902/13/20
05/22/19

category 4 should be removed anyways. getting two categorys for one action is really a joke.

i am unable to understand how yielding and hunting are the the same thing, but if 5 is together or not isn´t that interestig imo. same for 7.
Feb 15, 2020, 04:3502/15/20
08/25/17

CIM said:

I don't have a  problem with getting rid of category 4 and replace with splitting either category 5 or 7  ... or for it to stay the same ...

The cvc you lost if the rules were different maybe the enemy would have done more in category 5 or 7 ... no reason to think you would have won for sure if rules were different because different rules would influence how enemy "plays" ...

have won the last one... was lucky to do a few tile hit at the begin and then forbid our player to yield without tile shield...

but it was a long and epic battle anyway... end up with a score around 3 time these needed for legendary lvl 15... ennemy have end up with only the training categorie but the yielding/invader/ghost and the build/research/stronghold was a continuous battle with score almost identical... moral of our clan was high from the begin due to the 2 combat categorie who give us a advantage this time...

yet, i remain with my opinion that categorie 4 need to be removed for make the cvc more balanced... and maybe the point for yielding/invader/ghost can be a least halfed so that some work is really needed for reach the legendary lvl 15...

we are not a big clan, only 27 cities and around 400 bi influence for the clan...  sure, we have player with plenty of experience but it seem that the new format cvc have become to much easy for make a big score

as for any rules, they are the same for us or the ennemy... so they are not unfair... people who spend more money will always have a advantage but it is not unfair... and without any money spend, the game will be dead long ago...

when i have begin to play this game, reward in gold was so smal that most of the cities cannot buy shield and lot of people was hit continuously... when i compare the game from a few year ago and now, it have greatly improve for the little one... and yet remain interesting for the big spender... i am critical of the new update because i think that it need some tuning but i continue to like the game and appreciate how the game have evolve in the long term
Feb 15, 2020, 11:5402/15/20
08/24/17

Michail Ski said:

category 4 should be removed anyways. getting two categorys for one action is really a joke.

i am unable to understand how yielding and hunting are the the same thing, but if 5 is together or not isn´t that interestig imo. same for 7.

I agree. Get rid of cat 4 and categories 2 & 3 should be combined. That would give one attack category (that only counts once) for everyone, and a second category of killing for the big clans. Then smaller (under palace 4 level) don't get the double points for a single attack and 2 & 3 don't matter to them anyway and big clans can score here and again not have it count double. Combining PoP and SH attacks would be the same as combining personal and SH influence which was a good idea.

Attacking Ghosts/Invaders should also be separated from farming rss. I see a lot of references to Farmville, but I don't think you can get farmers killed in Farmville. There is a lot of strategy on rss farming so it deserves its own category.

I do like the increased points. As a smaller clan with only a dozen jarls, only 3 above a billion infl., we have now been able to make it to lvl 15 as a clan and I've made it personally also. Could not do that with the old point system.