First, a few technical remarks regarding recent update:
- In first 24-48 hours after update I had a lot of errors, needed to reconnect or reload browser window or restart browser to continue playing. When things got really bad, I changed browser, to eliminate possible cache problems, which eliminated part of problems, but not all.
- Fun was when blue indicator while loading page was shown on left side of screen, and percentage was shown on right side (instead of in middle of the page, as usual). I saw that at least 20 times, I had faint idea to make a screenshot, but I knew it will vanish eventually (which it did), but that behavior lasted surprisingly long, at least 24 hours.
I know that new content means possible heavier load on servers, because all players need to get a new content, but essentially - CDN's should serve for that, not app servers, so I don't understand why there was so much errors.
Now, some 72 hours later, it is again working as it should. I know that updates with this kind of game, having rich client are bound to be a little "bumpy", but I would suggest that before next update you do a bit more of testing and/or troubleshooting.
I know that you want to push new content to players ASAP, but please try to balance quality (continuity) of high player experience with fast updates. Yes, new content is needed to keep the players occupied, but have in mind - game that does not work is as much disappointing as old game.
Secondly, remark or two regarding added content:
I won't complain about ratio of gains vs gameplay needed to get the goods. That's your prerogative to set it as high, or as low as you see fit.
But, a bit of imbalance in daily tasks is evident:
- on first day I managed to get 100 points of daily tasks, not easy, but it was attainable.
- on 2nd day I did NOT manage to get 100 points of daily tasks, it was simply not attainable, not without spending more than 100 $$ in one day.
- this day (3rd) I'll do all tasks, I'm currently on 75 points and I see that I'll finish this easily.
I do not know how you are choosing tasks, but your algorithm on 2nd day was a way off. On first day I needed to hunt lvl 1 invaders, ond second lvl 4 ghosts, now again lvl 1 invaders. WTF?
To my knowledge, invaders are cheaper than ghosts, so lvl 4 Ghosts are equal to at least lvl 4 - lvl 8 invaders (yes I know, invaders are currently in range 1-6 and über invaders ), but having one day lvl 1 invaders, then lvl 4 Ghosts, and again lvl 1 invaders???
OK, 1st and 3rd day, but what happened on 2nd day?
As I already wrote, your prerogative is to set weight of tasks, but that weight should not vary from day to day too much, from easy to impossible and back. It should be either easy or medium every day, but for daily tasks it should never be impossible, and level of activity needed to get all the points for a day should be constant.
You can change or shuffle activities from day to day searching to get appropriate level of hardness to make game fun, but I would suggest - less is more. Less changes, I mean.
And when I'm already writing, why can't we copypaste anything from clan chat to outside or back?
I know that you disabled right click, and I get it (kind of), but why have you disabled plain copy-paste? This is not my first MMO game, I know that you need to allow or disallow some things in browser to make cheating impossible, but I'm not sure why is copypaste problem?
I only change IP's fast sometimes, that's all. :)
Yes, I have adblocker, but if I pay for your game, you should not be nervous about my adblocker. Or whatever triggered that message, I'm 100 % sure there was not reason for it on my side.
Lastly - I'm playing some 2-3 months, and paying more here than in other/previous games, that means - I care for this game more.
So, I have the full right to state what is good here (or what functions well), and what is kinda ... broken. Not much, few details, but it would be nice if you could polish that details/fix them, so they would not happen in the future.
Thanks in advance, and congrats on good game!