All Categories

Story of One Battle contest results

Search
Jul 26, 2019, 07:4907/26/19
01/11/17

Jarls, it's time to reveal the contest results!

You faced a difficult task, but you did well! We've randomly chosen 15 winners from among those participants who gave the right answer: 

• ACCU
  • COBR@
  • DOOGS
  • EDDEY
  • EVOKEK
  • FOOD
  • FUADSALIHI
  • HIPY
  • KILLMOVE-WOOD
  • NICH
  • ONE
  • PASAR
  • ROCKETMANIAC66
  • UTHER
  • WSNELSON1

The following rewards await the winners: 

- 1M Gold 

- 3.5B Food 

- 3.5B Lumber 

- 3.5B Iron 

- 3.5B Stone 

- 3.5B Silver 

To receive your reward, you need to write your game ID (you can find it in the "About the game" section of the Menu) in a personal message to our admin IVAR MARKSMAN before  August 2

The right answer for this contest is: 113%

Bjorn's Town was located in the Valley of the Aesir and his Clan Stronghold was upgraded to level 2, so he received 8% to his total defense bonus. 

Since Bjorn defended his Town from espionage, the level 27 Wall gave him a 43% bonus to total defense, and his level 27 Watchtower gave him 16%. In addition, he was using the Cradle Town Skin and received a 2% bonus to total defense. 

Bjorn crafted Legendary Ice Boots without a defense bonus and an Unusual Warrior Helmet that increased the total defense by 9%. Bjorn got a Legendary Inlaid Belt from the Khazar and got a 9% bonus to total defense. 

Then Bjorn crafted a special weapon – Epic Brodir's Flail from Epic Harald's Tooth, Epic Eriс's Horn, Epic Olaf's Armor, and Epic Sigurd's Cloak. The Flail gives a 15% bonus to scout defense, but to put it on, you need to reach Hero level 50. Bjorn couldn't use this bonus since his Hero was only level 48. 

The Shaman brought four Beast Shell Legendary runes to Bjorn. Each of these runes increases the scout defense bonus by 9%. In order to activate the bonus, you need to inlay the runes into equipment. You can only inlay a rune into Legendary equipment, and Bjorn only has two Legendary pieces of equipment he could put on (Ice Boots and Inlaid Belt). As a result, the runes gave Bjorn an 18% bonus. 

The King of Jotunheim gave the Lands of Strong Shields Title to Bjorn's Kingdom. One of the bonuses of this Title is increased total defense, 60%. At the same time, an active level 25 VIP status increased the defense of all Bjorn's troops by 23%. But the Konung assigned a negative Repute to Bjorn that reduced his scout defense by 75%. 

The other actions didn't affect Bjorn's troop defense, and the total bonus was 113%. 

Thank you for your participation! 

Did you like this riddle? Write your feedback in the comments. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 26, 2019, 08:2707/26/19
01/26/17

Alice Vytsenets said:

You faced a difficult task, but you did well! We've randomly chosen 15 winners from among those participants who gave the right answer: 

• ACCU
  • COBR@
  • DOOGS
  • EDDEY
  • EVOKEK
  • FOOD
  • FUADSALIHI
  • HIPY
  • KILLMOVE-WOOD
  • NICH
  • ONE
  • PASAR
  • ROCKETMANIAC66
  • UTHER
  • WSNELSON1

- 1M Gold 

- 3.5B Food 

- 3.5B Lumber 

- 3.5B Iron 

- 3.5B Stone 

- 3.5B Silver 

To receive your reward, you need to write your game ID (you can find it in the "About the game" section of the Menu) in a personal message to our admin IVAR MARKSMAN before  August 2

Bjorn's Town was located in the Valley of the Aesir and his Clan Stronghold was upgraded to level 2, so he received 8% to his total defense bonus. 

Since Bjorn defended his Town from espionage, the level 27 Wall gave him a 43% bonus to total defense, and his level 27 Watchtower gave him 16%. In addition, he was using the Cradle Town Skin and received a 2% bonus to total defense. 

Bjorn crafted Legendary Ice Boots without a defense bonus and an Unusual Warrior Helmet that increased the total defense by 9%. Bjorn got a Legendary Inlaid Belt from the Khazar and got a 9% bonus to total defense. 

Then Bjorn crafted a special weapon – Epic Brodir's Flail from Epic Harald's Tooth, Epic Eriс's Horn, Epic Olaf's Armor, and Epic Sigurd's Cloak. The Flail gives a 15% bonus to scout defense, but to put it on, you need to reach Hero level 50. Bjorn couldn't use this bonus since his Hero was only level 48. 

The Shaman brought four Beast Shell Legendary runes to Bjorn. Each of these runes increases the scout defense bonus by 9%. In order to activate the bonus, you need to inlay the runes into equipment. You can only inlay a rune into Legendary equipment, and Bjorn only has two Legendary pieces of equipment he could put on (Ice Boots and Inlaid Belt). As a result, the runes gave Bjorn an 18% bonus. 

The King of Jotunheim gave the Lands of Strong Shields Title to Bjorn's Kingdom. One of the bonuses of this Title is increased total defense, 60%. But the Konung assigned a negative Repute to Bjorn that reduced his scout defense by 75%. 

The other actions didn't affect Bjorn's troop defense, and the total bonus was 113%. 

But you asked the INCREASED percentage, so Wall and Watchtower add just 3% and 1% respectively, not 43% and 16% 😞

Jul 26, 2019, 12:1607/26/19
Jul 26, 2019, 13:19(edited)
11/30/17

Luismy09,

As I have concerns  myself about the riddle and the explanation of the answer, I understand yours about your statement of

"But you asked the INCREASED percentage, so Wall and Watchtower add just 3% and 1% respectively, not 43% and 16% 😞"

I do not know where you obtained the figures of 3% and1% from.

You have a point,you do not know what levels he was before he got to 27, so you cannot say what his increase was,but if you are able to find the information from somewhere, you can say what increase level 27 Wall and level 27 Watch tower bring, which is spltting hairs over the meaning of the word or text,as you  can say what his increase is, and so effectively was.

I do not even know where the 43% correct answer for the Wall ,comes from, as I could find no reference to this figure anywhere in the game, nor on the forum, as was the case with some of the other needed information, like the title of " Land of Strong Shields" giving 60%.

How are people who have recently started playing the game supposed to find the answers needed?

If you havent got the likes of access to a stronghold to see what special equipment is available and how it works? the answer is you cant

Other players may not know themselves ,or choose not to give an answer, or even supply you with incorrect information, such that you do not impede their chances of being drawn a winner.

Everyone should have an equal and fair chance of getting the correct information needed to working out an answer, to enter it and win.

Shouldnt they?

It has become apparant that a number of people haven't even attempted to figure out an answer, and just copied someone else's, even I did that, but only because I couldnt find the information, I wanted, or verify it  myself  .

Is it fair that a player who hasnt even bothered to solve the riddle gets a prize over those that have taken the time themselves to come up with the correct answer.?

Maybe in the ruthless world of 'Vikings: War Of Clans', it is.

Jul 26, 2019, 12:1807/26/19
05/06/17
I am pleased to see Rocketmaniac is a winner - he was the first to realise that although scouts and presumably shaman are present that their levels, and their  numbers and their strengths are somehow irrelevent in protecting the town from an espionage attack and get an answer of 113%.
Jul 26, 2019, 12:2307/26/19
Jul 26, 2019, 13:02(edited)
11/30/17

Alice Vytsenets said:

• ACCU
  • COBR@
  • DOOGS
  • EDDEY
  • EVOKEK
  • FOOD
  • FUADSALIHI
  • HIPY
  • KILLMOVE-WOOD
  • NICH
  • ONE
  • PASAR
  • ROCKETMANIAC66
  • UTHER
  • WSNELSON1

- 1M Gold 

- 3.5B Food 

- 3.5B Lumber 

- 3.5B Iron 

- 3.5B Stone 

- 3.5B Silver 

The King of Jotunheim gave the Lands of Strong Shields Title to Bjorn's Kingdom. One of the bonuses of this Title is increased total defense, 60%. But the Konung assigned a negative Repute to Bjorn that reduced his scout defense by 75%. 

Yes I like the riddles you post, as mentioned in my other comments about it.

The information needed to solve them should be accesible to every player, and those that are inclinded to take the time to search for the answer, ought to have more standing in the draw for the winners , than those that have just copied someone elses.

Other wise you might as well just say.

' We are having a raffle for lots of resources and gold, just post your enrty here'

Jul 26, 2019, 12:4807/26/19
Jul 26, 2019, 13:06(edited)
11/30/17

pipkin said:

I am pleased to see Rocketmaniac is a winner - he was the first to realise that although scouts and presumably shaman are present that their levels, and their  numbers and their strengths are somehow irrelevent in protecting the town from an espionage attack and get an answer of 113%.

Pipkin I have just read your response.

I think I read all of the answers given, but do not recall Rocket mentioning the things you have just written he did.

This is exactly the point I was going to make just now, the riddle is a bit misleading, maybe it supposed to be, on the one hand it says use your knowledge of the game , but the explanation would suggest otherwise, and we are only supposed to base the answer on the information we are given, and not on what we might surmise.

However are there times when the circumstantial knowledge is important?

For instance the mention of the gods helping, the text being different, is also a red herring I assume.The Aesir and cohorts are desribed as gods, they  give bonuses, but we can only guess what these might be.

I had also been trying to figure out the importance of the seemingly throw away statement, the Shaman brought me legendary runes .

You can only get these from Shaman if you have done the Shaman knowledge tree? and the shaman knowledge tree gives your shaman bonuses. Again do these work in town, do we even know the shaman is in town, which shaman etc?

The only enigmas I was tryng to solve  was the negative repute from the Konung, doesnt a reduction in offense of troops also mean an effective reduction of defense?

Similarly Level 25 VIP, doesnt the -11% reduction in enemy defense and -11% reduction in any offense  effectively increase Bjorns scout defense?
Jul 26, 2019, 14:0707/26/19
07/25/19
How did you knew who copied other and who really found the answer themselves , I worked 1 hour to find the exact answer but some people just copied others, I really believed I will get that reward and my answer was too damn correct with a clear explanation
Jul 26, 2019, 16:0407/26/19
02/03/19
Congratulations to all the lucky winners 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽😎
Jul 26, 2019, 19:0907/26/19
06/09/17

Deepak said:

How did you knew who copied other and who really found the answer themselves , I worked 1 hour to find the exact answer but some people just copied others, I really believed I will get that reward and my answer was too damn correct with a clear explanation

next time don't explain the answer, so other people are less likely to copy your answer, and you have more chances to get the reward

Didn't you think about it?

Jul 26, 2019, 20:1707/26/19
Jul 26, 2019, 20:17(edited)
05/06/17
N.B. The admiinistrators have missed adding the vip defence bonus of 23% in their explanation of the answer - their answer adds up to 90% !
Jul 26, 2019, 21:2807/26/19
09/15/15
P.S. one site that may help others in future is  https//vikings.help
Jul 26, 2019, 22:0007/26/19
Jul 26, 2019, 22:13(edited)
01/26/17

Anyone,

Yeah, you are right, and there were too many variants that were not very clear. I feel a little stupid because the first time, I wrote 113%, and I actually found that value by myself, but when I realized the word "increased" I changed it to 58% hahah.

Well, next time we may have more luck. And about the information that cannot be obtained directly from the game, you can find it on the official Vikings page, on the Wikis or on other pages like www.vikings.help, among others.

Thanks for your comment, and sorry for my english. Greetings :)

Jul 26, 2019, 22:2407/26/19
07/05/17

I am happy for the winners who did the work to find the correct answer and not just copy someone else's work. After spending hours getting the info, I am more upset about the I time wasted, the time I wasted of others, and the wrong answer then not winning.

I didn't know we were to assume the Jarl Bjorn had only been playing for one day hence the full defense points given for the Wall (43%) and the Watchtower (16%). I also didn't know the Buffoon Repute had been given for a whole 24 hours, If it occurred the day before the battle the repute wouldn't be in effect on the day of the battle as it last 3 hours. The tile given out Lands of strong shields lasts 1 week. As you can see I have the correct figures as I used my "knowledge of the game" . It did ask for his increase percentage, not an overall percentage which would be the full defense bonus on the Wall and Tower along with the negative repute.

Please proof read contests, please do the contests for yourselves see how many answers you and your team come up with, it's only fair to your players who genuinely love the game. My Original Post is below:

133%

I'm a sucker for a good contest, but the work put into this... well anyway I am no math wiz but I love Vikings...

Clan SH 8%

Wall 3% (increased 1 level)

Tower 1% (increased 1 level)

Helmet 9%

Amulet 9%

Skin 2%

Runes 18% (2)

Title 60%

VIP 23%

Nothing is given for the Mines.

Nothing White Robe/Brodirs Flail ....

Nothing for 2 of the Beast Shell Runes

Nothing for Repute as this is a story of the day before and Reputes last 3 hrs.

Good Luck to All the Jarls!!!!

My answer is 133%

Jul 26, 2019, 22:5707/26/19
09/15/15
but I haven't yet been able to confirm the interesting point made by Yeti Monsta page 37
Jul 26, 2019, 23:2107/26/19
09/15/15
I'm struggling to find a lv 27/28 town, friend or foe,  with a shaman that has any gear lol
Jul 27, 2019, 00:0707/27/19
Jul 27, 2019, 00:20(edited)
06/14/17

Quest: the percentage by which Bjorn's scout defense increased

As in not total but increased

My rationale for 27 / 35%

A brave Jarl, Bjorn, recently managed to defend his Town from espionage. He is sure that it was the gods and the big defense bonus from his scouts that helped him to win.

«Bjorn told us a story about some things that occurred the day before the battle. Read this story and try to work out the percentage by which Bjorn's scout defense increased»

«"My name is Bjorn. My Hero is level 48 and very tough, even with no upgraded Skills. I'm a member of a decent Clan, and recently our alliance upgraded our Clan Stronghold to level 2. Since then I've placed my Town near the Stronghold and haven't relocated anywhere. »

Bjorn is telling about what happened the day before the battle. We are talking about one day. He start out with an introduction where he say the palace was recently upgraded to level 2. Making recently in the context of the game to mean the same day is surely stretching it, especially considering this is an introductory phrase by Bjorn.

«My builders erected six level 23 Mines and one level 27 Mine, and also upgraded the Wall and Watchtower to level 27. In addition, I've decorated my Town – now it looks like The Cradle. »

The fasit contribute 43% increase in defense to the Wall and 16% to the Watchtower. This would mean he started the day with town level 1! 

More closely;  If we look at the Wall. They say 43% increase. That would not only mean that his town was level 1 at start of day, but that he started playing that day:

• As lvl 1 wall is already there when starting game which gives 1%; and hence:
  • As they say 43% and not 42%

That would mean he created the account and started playing that day + Collected:

• 4 x Legendary Runes or 4,096,000 fragments (even though third grade Runes)
  • 3 x Legendary Invader Materials (4,096 simple)
  • 22 x Epic Invader Materials (5,632 simple)
  • 4 x Unusual Invader Materials (64 simple)
  • 1 Legendary Common Material
  • 14 Epic Common Materials

+ upgraded palace and wall from 1 to 27. That is impossible.

And there is much more.

But: Especially considering they say: Please note: to give the right answer, you need to use all your knowledge of the game.

I call BS. (Or where is what is stated above wrong?)

Jul 27, 2019, 00:2807/27/19
Jul 27, 2019, 01:24(edited)
11/30/17

Luismy09 and Pippit

I remember trying to find the necessary information on the web ,but perhaps not the sites as recommended,most of the places I looked were not up to date.

Have tried finding page 37 and the post you suggested,its tedious to find a particular page. because the arrow system at the bottom of the page doesnt appear to work as it should, the fast arrows take you to either end, and the others only let you go back  or forward ,one page at a time, then each time you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page ,where the arrows are,at least thats what  happens on my system.

If only we knew where Bjorn was we could have asked him............

To assist others here is Yetis  post point.

Yeti Monsta wrote

Bjorn wouldnt be able to inlay legendary runes being only level 27, i cannot imagine how shaman research would allow this. So my answer is 0%

Does he mean Wall 27, or Watchtower 27, does it matter? Is he saying its impossible for the Shaman to get legendary runes?

Does this connect with my point that Bjorn was likely  to have Troop defense with shaman, also shamans influence  on enemy offense  and defense.

He definately had a Shaman and they give bonuses to defense, but as mentioned they  might not have been in town .

However the  reduction  in enemy offense and defense from VIP 25  would automatically affect the outcome of the spying event, as would the other other -ve influence from the Buffoon Repute.

Even if Yeti Monsta is right and Bjorn couldnt have had the runes, his answer of 0%would still have been wrong as  miising runes only account for 18%

Of course many of us could be  just over thinking the riddle.

Jul 27, 2019, 03:0807/27/19
09/15/15
Bjorn needs a level 26 oracle and a shaman that has completed all but the last item in the shaman tree to fuse legendary and presumably inlay legendary so it is doable although the riddle says the shaman brought the items already made.
Jul 27, 2019, 04:2107/27/19
Jul 27, 2019, 16:28(edited)
11/30/17

I just thought they mentioned the Shaman,  find out what skills it brings.

So I had already investigated the Shaman knowledge tree to see if it was feasible, which is why I came to the conclusion Bjorn had to have had some defence capabilities from the Shaman skill tree,  you cant get down to "fuse legendary runes" without.  

Which has to mean you cant know exactly what, so the shaman has not got to be in town, doesn't say either way.   

Maybe they used brought  for a reason, can the runes be directly acquired from attacks? Only the well advanced would know that, but no matter anyway, we were told he had them.

Edit.

Today I tried 

vikings wiki:   very little information there.

vikings.help:   been here before,and still baffled by this site.

I did not find the info about the wall, nor land of strong shields repute, nor the bonus from mines which actually wasn't applicable as they were too low levels to matter. 

So where is this information to be found?

Jul 28, 2019, 00:4807/28/19
09/15/15

Anyone: Vikings help has a tab near top left where you can select buildings: click on the building  you want and a chart comes up with all the relevant information. The chart is too wide for my screen so I click on one item then use my arrow key to scroll right.

the same tab covers just about everything other than buildings

Jul 28, 2019, 02:3407/28/19
11/30/17
Top left on my screen are the resource amounts and that's all.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.