All Categories

Small players go home

Small players go home

Search
Apr 23, 2022, 04:0404/23/22
07/29/17

Small players go home

To start off, I want to congratulate Plarium with Asgard. I think it is a great start for constructing a Meta-game. You have tons of work on your hands to get it working, but surely the platform is there.

Unfortunately there is a heavy price to be paid for this and the casual gamer is once more the victim. There was a time when this type of player could eventually make it to the top (that was lvl 35 then) and lower lvls could still make a difference, but lvl 40 really requires a lot of money to reach. And then you're still far away from the top because collecting a bunch of town skins and hero skins, not to mention the shaman weapon upgrades and the celestial gems. No, It's not going to happen.

Now basically, that would be ok if Plarium would seperate events for (heavy) lvl 40's from the rest, but that is clearly not happening, rather the opposite. Weaker players are increasingly irrelevant for Plarium as far as battle events go. Holmgang is only for 3t+ clans and weaker clans are wiped away if here is just a single lvl 40 in the opponents clan so that's a no go. KvK seems to be reduced to just one event - if not eradicated - so there is just CvC and Fury of which the latter is in fact also dominated by the big players. Even a lvl 39 with a few town skins is not safe when the Towers appear and generally simply soo slow. So spend lots of money to become a lvl 40 or go home.

Now you may think joining a powerful clan would be a solution, but first, they have to allow (and keep) you in, and next you won't catch many soul shards because the large majority will go to the big players. You will catch a lot of gold, but given the amount you need to upgrade all your level 2 special knowledge, it will still take forever.

So, no, I think the game is dead. I spent over 800 USD last year to this game, and this year so far 10 USD and I don't think I will spend any more. I think Plants vs. Zombies is more fun.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 23, 2022, 10:1804/23/22
01/11/17

Greetings, Baby-dragon! We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. It's important for us to know your opinion on this event 🙏

Your feedback has been forwarded to our developer team. 

Thank you for your commitment to the game and hope you will come back later ❤️

Apr 24, 2022, 03:4804/24/22
Apr 24, 2022, 03:49(edited)
07/29/17
Ivar Marksman

Greetings, Baby-dragon! We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. It's important for us to know your opinion on this event 🙏

Your feedback has been forwarded to our developer team. 

Thank you for your commitment to the game and hope you will come back later ❤️

Well that will depend on Plarium's attitude towards casual gamers - for as much as an 800USD a year customer is still casual. But aside from that, there will be so much to catch up that it is very unlikely that coming back would be realistic. Now it has been fun for five years, and all good stories come to an end, so no issue here.

Apr 24, 2022, 09:4004/24/22
01/11/17
Baby-dragon

Well that will depend on Plarium's attitude towards casual gamers - for as much as an 800USD a year customer is still casual. But aside from that, there will be so much to catch up that it is very unlikely that coming back would be realistic. Now it has been fun for five years, and all good stories come to an end, so no issue here.

We treat our players equally and take all suggestions into consideration, Baby-dragon🙏

I hope that future innovations will satisfy you😇

Apr 25, 2022, 10:4804/25/22
Apr 25, 2022, 10:54(edited)
07/29/17
Ivar Marksman

We treat our players equally and take all suggestions into consideration, Baby-dragon🙏

I hope that future innovations will satisfy you😇

Have a look at the responses on facebook on a query about what people think about Asgard. I have trouble finding a single positive reaction. I think my introduction above is much kinder than anyone is on that Facebook thread.

You see, there is a big difference between what YOU think Plarium does for it's Vikings Players, and what the PLAYERS think about what Plarium is doing. And one thing is cristral clear : Plarium DOES NOT treat all Vikings players equally. Think what you will, you have the crowd against you.

Apr 25, 2022, 14:2004/25/22
01/11/17
Baby-dragon

Have a look at the responses on facebook on a query about what people think about Asgard. I have trouble finding a single positive reaction. I think my introduction above is much kinder than anyone is on that Facebook thread.

You see, there is a big difference between what YOU think Plarium does for it's Vikings Players, and what the PLAYERS think about what Plarium is doing. And one thing is cristral clear : Plarium DOES NOT treat all Vikings players equally. Think what you will, you have the crowd against you.

We continue working on the Competition and will do our best to do it comfortable for all Jarls, Baby-dragon🙏

If you have any particular suggestions on its functionality, I am always ready to forward them to the developers🙂

Apr 25, 2022, 15:2404/25/22
07/29/17
Ivar Marksman

We continue working on the Competition and will do our best to do it comfortable for all Jarls, Baby-dragon🙏

If you have any particular suggestions on its functionality, I am always ready to forward them to the developers🙂

I have mentioned this already before elsewhere. Holmgang is a relatively safe and fun way to catch soul shards. I see it as an ideal point for accounts smaller than 1,5T influence to compete. Clans min. 500b, max 10b, all members less that 1,5b influence, no lvl 40s allowed. This way you have a competition for the casual gamer or the less powerful.

Asgard is excellent for powerplayers, however it needs leagues just like Holmgang. Otherwise it is still a slaughterhouse for the weakest. I believe the min 10T was a good idea. I wonder how many complainers about this limit are still positive about Asgard. 

There was a time Plarium actually took my advice in consideration. Some of my ideas have been implemented, especially around the time shamans were launched. For a while already, I noticed nobody was listening. They had a big plan and it was going to be implemented. I warned about today a year ago. You shouldn't let company goals or dreams supersede the needs of the average player. Plarium has clearly focused on the big players and given peanuts to the rest. The small players need their competition with a more or less level playingfield. You simply are not offering that. Even cvc ceased to be this because lvl 40s need soul shards for their town skins and will attack every siege they see. Small clans don't stand a chance against them. lvl 40s are ANY lower levels doom. They are too powerful compared to the rest. And too expensive in my book, but that is beside the point.

Whether or not you agree or not is irrelevant. Gamers are the expert, Plarium is NOT. I know because I am a developer myself. My customers are the experts in my product. I listen to them.

Apr 25, 2022, 16:1604/25/22
Apr 25, 2022, 20:28(edited)
06/21/17

Still  a lot  self coming through.

Just as it's peeving you, not being able to have a fair crack of the whip in Asgard, there will be players who wouldn't get a fair crack of the whip in the new Holmgang you envisge, similarly with Jotunheim.

The fact they know these competitions are running ,are often slowing down their game performance, whilst boosting certain classes, is not very friendly.

Why should players have to wait till they get to a certain size before getting access to things like soul shards?(Yes I know you can theoretically get them by fighting enemies)

Being able to pick them up whilst growing,would be a big help to those players who want to improve, and don't suddenly find they hit a brick wall because they then have to start collecting for access to higher level items to upgrade? 

It shouldn't hurt to run any kind of competition, or event such that every player has a chance. but the very fact that low level accounts are blocked from most of the old events they used to take part in, and have a chance to collect items in, shows they are not really interested in them,and only want to fast track players, so they are encouraged to spend to get there,and then keep spending when they do, on silly invented fighting games that could be there as soon as a player signs up for an account. 

Apr 26, 2022, 09:4604/26/22
01/11/17

Thank you for the detailed feedback, xyz and Baby-dragon, our major aim is to provide you with the comfortable gaming experience🙏

These comments have been forwarded to the developers. Stay tuned!