All Categories

Clan

Clan

Search
Aug 29, 2018, 15:1108/29/18
08/28/18

Clan

Looking for some advice, but first a little about me.  I'm a pretty active (Mon-Fri) light cash player.  I've played similar games in the past and have done well and enjoyed them.

So my questions are:

1.  Do I seek out a clan or be recruited? 

2.  Criteria to select a clan or join if recruited?

3.  I assume you want to be close to clan...so do you relocate?

Thanks to any and all that have some advice! 

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 29, 2018, 18:4508/29/18
Aug 29, 2018, 18:51(edited)
02/21/18

A lot will depend on if you are in a new kingdom, or an established one.

In either case you will gain benefits from being in a clan as soon as possible.

With luck,you  will get help with time boosts for building and research from other clan members.

You will also get clan tasks, which earn points that can be spent in the clan store for your own benefit, or the clans .

Ideally you want to be in a clan where the chief knows how to play ,who will not take advantage of your inexperience, and who will not suddenly quit after a few days playing and leave everyone in the lurch.

You dont want to move your present position,too soon,unless you dont like it there.

Hives can be an easy target for raiders, though offer protection if  a strong clan member can assist you.

You can join open clans quite easily,and see what they are doing, they are less likely to be recruiting directly,especially in a new kingdom, unless you obviously know how to play the game  well already.

Closed clans probably have rules,and only want good and experienced players who play regularly, as there is a clan size limit. 

The clan you first join may not be the one you stay with.

Aug 29, 2018, 19:0408/29/18
Aug 29, 2018, 19:06(edited)
08/28/18

Cheers, most appreciated.

One follow-up if you check back - How close/far should I be from other members of the clan?
Aug 30, 2018, 03:5708/30/18
02/21/18

I check  regularly .

You are welcome.

Expanding on my previous message.

Think about what time zone you are in,if you are close to those in a different time zone there will be less opportunity for assistance, even if you are on the next tile.

If your town is near Level  1 invaders,which is all you will be able to attack for a while, the tiles are slowest to empty, but there is less competition for them.

If your town is near Level  6 invaders, the opposite is true, but this means you will have a long trek to attack the invaders.

So bear this in mind ,when deciding who you want to be near.