All Categories

Hero Sets  - Help me with an Explanation  in detail

Hero Sets - Help me with an Explanation in detail

Search
Jan 28, 2017, 03:5101/28/17

Hero Sets - Help me with an Explanation in detail

How do I use  Hero sets ? I've clicked around and it seems I use up points and then if I activate and try another it just starts the same kind of thing all over again. I seem to be wasting points and have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I upgrade and end up getting nowhere

Would some please explain in a concise way all about the sets the points and the activation of them.

After messing with it I thought I could delete the sets and try again but Now I lost all the armor etc: That I forged and crafted and spent a fortune on and hundreds of skill points and upgrades gone!

So my level 42 hero is stripped of all his items and I'm back to square one with no points.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 28, 2017, 09:2701/28/17

Same here- Please explain all about sets active sets, fill sets...etc

thx

Rafa
Jan 28, 2017, 16:2801/28/17

I'm no expert ...but hero sets are groups of equipment that you save as sets that are used for specific things you are doing in the game (you can add a label so you know what each set is best for) ...like you would save a fighting set that has the most benefit for fighting, it would give the troops you use the most possible boost,  or a set that's good for boosting your resource production like for food or silver for instance or maybe one that boosts carrying capacity for when you collect from resource tiles. You can have the same piece of equipment in multiple sets as you can only wear one set at a time.

Its just about thinking what exactly you are doing when using each set and thinking about all the things that will benefit you while wearing that set for a specific thing you are doing.

It can be quite complex and you will need to be flexible in your thinking when you put things in sets ...like if you have a building boosting item or a learning boosting item you might want that to be a part of a set you wear the most. 

You activate a set by clicking the activate button beside the set you want to use but you have to have an activation thing in your items ...every time you swap a set it uses one of them up.

Hope that helps 
Jan 30, 2017, 00:2101/30/17

Thanks that helps - so now I know a bit more.

Next:

What about the reset of those skills?

Does that restore ALL the upgrade points in that set for you to redistribute wherever you want - and can you replace those points into just 1 set.

For example: If I reset the set can I delete the set and still keep the points to place in another set?

Thanks again for answering.
Jan 30, 2017, 04:5101/30/17
Jan 30, 2017, 04:52(edited)

Once you 'save' a set, it'll stay like that until you choose to 'replace' it with your current build and gear.

You can use a 'Second Chance' to make changes on your current set and you'll have to click 'replace' on the Hero Set of your choice to save whatever changes you did.

Clicking 'activate' will do just that, and you'll lose your recent changes.
Jan 31, 2017, 14:5001/31/17
Jan 31, 2017, 14:52(edited)

pkalinksky said:

Thanks that helps - so now I know a bit more.

Next:

What about the reset of those skills?

Does that restore ALL the upgrade points in that set for you to redistribute wherever you want - and can you replace those points into just 1 set.

For example: If I reset the set can I delete the set and still keep the points to place in another set?

Thanks again for answering.

you are NOT resetting or deleting the set itself (except perhaps as you build better equipment to replace lesser items) ...you are reallocating the hero skill points and yes they are all given back to reallocate. Have a look at the way the skill points "tree" works. Its a tree but an upside down one...you follow? So on the LEFT side of this tree are the combat/troops skills, and on the RIGHT of the tree are resource gathering/production skills. There is a little bit of mixing through that central line but the arrows lead you into the centre so the left and right differentiation holds true. You will find that you will be reallocating these skill points at various stages of the game. It does not take too long to do but you DO require the second chance item to do it. (you can buy those in your clan store for loyalty points). Hope that helps :-D
might i also suggest you have a look at this website for further info - not that i am tired of answering cause i am not ...but the game is VERY complex and others are much better at explaining it than i am 
http://www.vikingswarofclansdata.com/

Feb 5, 2017, 09:0502/05/17
Feb 5, 2017, 09:10(edited)

Those sets give u the ability to have different builds skillwise and equipmentwise. For example u can have a set with the focus on building speed, a set with focus on attacking. 

That way u can mostly have your building set active, when u attack switch to your attackset etc .... It makes a huge difference.

Gear u can allways change, skills not, so its best to use those sets for hero skills.

If u reset your skills, its will not affect your set.
Apr 22, 2017, 06:5304/22/17
04/07/17

I had all my skill in attack ... but I've decided to build up my knowledge so I reset my skills.  I have a few questions. 

1) Can you save skill sets with no hero equipment?

2) If so can you then take off and put on different hero equipment?  (I currently don't have any hero equipment so I don't know how that works.)

3) What happens when you get new points, I'm guessing you can distribute them how you like and can you then save (over) the old set for "free"?

4) What if you want a set that doesn't use up all your points ... when you put that set on then can you distribute the extra points as you desire?

I guess that is it for now ... :)

Apr 22, 2017, 12:0004/22/17
Which skills are best for attacking invaders ? 
Jun 6, 2017, 23:4506/06/17
Jun 11, 2017, 18:28(edited)
03/21/17

CIM said:

I had all my skill in attack ... but I've decided to build up my knowledge so I reset my skills.  I have a few questions. 

2) If so can you then take off and put on different hero equipment?  (I currently don't have any hero equipment so I don't know how that works.)

3) What happens when you get new points, I'm guessing you can distribute them how you like and can you then save (over) the old set for "free"?

4) What if you want a set that doesn't use up all your points ... when you put that set on then can you distribute the extra points as you desire?

1 Must work because hero skills and hero equippment are not bound together.

2 You can change your equipment always but the one you have saved appears first. When you throw away or change equipment (put gems in it) you see those parts in colours red and yellow in your set.

3 yes you can

4 That happend once to me and I could. 

It has cost me a lot of nerves und boni  to find this out and I hope it is helpful for you.
Jun 8, 2017, 22:1706/08/17

Well 6 months later... I know how to use the sets but think it would be more useful if there were separate windows for resources and military points like there are for the invader points. It would make it easier to understand what to use your points on depending on your choices.

However the one thing that helps is to choose your tree from the bottom up... meaning if you want just resources; go to the choice, like, Resources ll and click - it will automatically take you backwards up the tree til it gets to the one you need to add points to  get to Resources ll then move you down to the where you need to go without placing points where you don't need them.

Jun 15, 2017, 13:0506/15/17
04/07/17
boogie woogie said:

CIM said:

1 Must work because hero skills and hero equippment are not bound together.

2 You can change your equipment always but the one you have saved appears first. When you throw away or change equipment (put gems in it) you see those parts in colours red and yellow in your set.

3 yes you can

4 That happend once to me and I could. 

It has cost me a lot of nerves und boni  to find this out and I hope it is helpful for you.
Thanks so much for your answers.  Oh and I have some equipment now ... :)