Best Hero Gear to craft in the Forge (Proguide)

26 Replies
User
14 February, 2019, 2:28 PM UTC
My heart is blue with longing for you.
UTC +0:00
User
24 February, 2019, 12:31 PM UTC
I need a little clarification on Lynx gear vs troop specific special gear. I am full melee and will not be attacking defending with anything but.  This is referring to defense of PoP.  I have full legendary Lynx set and the clan is a little divided about if a lynx gear is better than the special gear for a specific type. If I only send my melee troops to defend pop how can the lynx gear be better than a type specific piece of gear with slightly better overal stats. I get if defending palace lynx is bettter by ot covers all types but if I’m just sending melee using melee special gear how can lynx be better???!
UTC +8:00
User
19 April, 2019, 7:36 PM UTC

Tess said:

I made a Vikings War of Clans tool that calculates every piece of material and invader needed to make any piece of hero equipment, including the new special gear. Find it here     

https://vikingswoctools.blogspot.com

Tess, if you see this message:

- Bjorn's Armor is missing the required item Loki's Cloak and associated materials.

- It also lists the material req of TORN cloth under Bjorn's Armor as TOM cloth.  That mis-spelled material appears in one other cell on the sheet.

THANK YOU for making this thing.  It's freaking amazing!!
L3x Luth0r
UTC -5:00
User
4 May, 2019, 12:41 PM UTC
gwalk03 said:

I need a little clarification on Lynx gear vs troop specific special gear. I am full melee and will not be attacking defending with anything but.  This is referring to defense of PoP.  I have full legendary Lynx set and the clan is a little divided about if a lynx gear is better than the special gear for a specific type. If I only send my melee troops to defend pop how can the lynx gear be better than a type specific piece of gear with slightly better overal stats. I get if defending palace lynx is bettter by ot covers all types but if I’m just sending melee using melee special gear how can lynx be better???!
To clarify If you only ever use one troop type for attacking or defending with troop specific gear is better than lynx and saracen gear for attacking and defending with but if you attack or defend with all different troop types better to use saracen or lynx, Lynx is great for defending your town with as it covers scouts too and even though it is not as good as troop specific gear you will have the advantage of troop numbers as you can have an infinite number of troops in your town and the attacker is limited by march size same applies with an onslaught as well.
UTC +7:00
User
13 June, 2019, 3:59 PM UTC

Hi Uhtred please find the screenshots that you asked for about saving your new hero skill points to one of your hero sets.

User
13 June, 2019, 4:18 PM UTC

4 May, 2019, 3:50 PM UTC

Laird Brinni said:

Eleria said:

Laird Brinni said:

Hi sorry it took so long Eleria I have added it now and also warror's capacity as well.

Don't apologize! THANK YOU! for doing what I was thoroughly too lazy to do myself! 😂 You're my hero!

Erm.. Lemme squeeze in this unwelcome note, cuz I bet it already crossed your mind...

It may be prudent to add a little disclaimer to the "resource yielding" bit for, you know... *cough* Gear of the North *cough*. Unless you're refusing on principle, and if so... you have my support either way.

Anywho! Just an idea, no rush or obligation... If you'd like to expand this list sometime, you could add in the best gear for lumber, Stone, iron, and silver production for all those hyperfarmers. Then, maybe, work in something for each of the troop types specifically for people who only have access to Standard & Invader equipment, since the Special equipment kinda speaks for itself in those categories.

Cheers! 🍻

My Pleasure Eleria Yes I will be adding the north gear to the list too as hopefully all players will be able to get it soon at least I hope they will, Great idea about the other rss I have accounts that hyper farm all the different rss so it is very useful to know, The lynx and saracen gear are still the best invader gear for attacking and defending with and they work for all troop types including scouts but there are still some pretty good standard equipment for different troop types which I was using myself before I got the lynx and saracen gear, I still use lynx gear for traps in my town as it covers all the troops but for attack and tile traps I use killer special gear.

Hi Eleria I have finally added the the North gear to my resource yielding list and the good news is it is now available in bank offers for accounts that are palace 16 or lower except the axe of the north which is still only available for brand new accounts, Hopefully the whole North gear will be offered for every player one Day.

User
13 June, 2019, 4:25 PM UTC

Laird Brinni said:

Eleria said:

Laird Brinni said:

Hi sorry it took so long Eleria I have added it now and also warror's capacity as well.

Don't apologize! THANK YOU! for doing what I was thoroughly too lazy to do myself! 😂 You're my hero! 

Erm.. Lemme squeeze in this unwelcome note, cuz I bet it already crossed your mind... 

It may be prudent to add a little disclaimer to the "resource yielding" bit for, you know... *cough* Gear of the North *cough*. Unless you're refusing on principle,  and if so... you have my support either way.  

Anywho! Just an idea, no rush or obligation... If you'd like to expand this list sometime, you could add in the best gear for lumber, Stone, iron, and silver production for all those hyperfarmers. Then, maybe, work in something for each of the troop types  specifically for people who only have access to Standard & Invader equipment, since the Special equipment kinda speaks for itself in those categories. 

Cheers! 🍻
My Pleasure Eleria  Yes I will be adding the north gear to the list too as hopefully all players will be able to get it soon at least I hope they will, Great idea about the other rss I have accounts that hyper farm all the different rss so it is very useful to know, The lynx and saracen gear are still the best invader gear for attacking and defending with and they work for all troop types including scouts but there are still some pretty good standard equipment for different troop types which I was using myself before I got the lynx and saracen gear, I still use lynx gear for traps in my town as it covers all the troops but for attack and tile traps I use killer special gear. 

Hi Eleria I have finally added the the North gear to my resource yielding list and the good news is it is now available in bank offers for accounts that are palace 16 or lower except the axe of the north which is still only available for brand new accounts, Hopefully the whole North gear will be offered for every player one Day.

6428894 users registered; 89832 topics; 430515 posts; our newest member:Unknown_Ranger