All Categories

Bug with rune fragment drops from Supreme Ghosts

Bug with rune fragment drops from Supreme Ghosts

Search
Comments
Jul 1, 2022, 06:3807/01/22
07/15/21

@xyz I didn't intended to be rude or offend anyone ... . Please take in consideration that English isn't my 1st language and maybe I've misunderstood you ... .

I'm grinding Supreme Fox for Wisdom Rune not for any events . I need the rune for one of my equipments .

In 100+ hits I'm pretty sure that I will get each number on the dice at least once .

In my case : @122 ~ 142 total hits

40 hits ( for total hit damage ) +2 enhanced hit  + @80-100 normal hits ( after I've checked the rune workshop to see how many fragments I've got ... none .... and I though that maybe I will be able to drop them by doing normal hits ) .

51.880.970 Stamina rune fragment

29.376.340 Valor rune fragment

9.941.870 Storm rune fragment

000.000.000 Wisdom rune fragment 

It doesn't seem normal not to get at least 1 rune in so many hits . I understand that there's a probability to get x , y , z rune / material  but that probability it's getting higher ( or should ) with every try / hit  and it would've  been normal If I wouldn't get any by doing only 10 hits .

If you throw the dice 6 times , most likely you won't get every number on it .... but if you throw it several dozen times  is "almost" impossible not to get it at least once. 

Even on https://vikings.help/en/resources/runes/1405/  the Wisdom rune drop is OFTEN  . The hardest to get are the troops specific ones and building/learning/training ( the 20% ones )  in my opinion , as I have several equipment sets and it took me longer to get those.

Jul 2, 2022, 01:3507/02/22
06/21/17

Apologies also.

I often do consider language issues, but your English was good enough for me not to even consider that it isn't your first language.

I understand what I write,but that is no guarantee that others will, I cross my fingers. 

The situation here, of unwelcome outcomes, is the same kind as discussed in the upgrades of gear, and ages ago when they introduced the special gems and the complaints of not getting them came in.

With respect  to your 'I should eventually throw all 6 numbers on a die,and if I keep on hitting a ghost the probability of success will increase.'

With the die, more likely.

With an attack, the chance of a particular item is fixed for each attack,and doesn't change the more times you attack, the likelyhood of not getting a favourable outcome is a different, but connected, mathematical concept. 

Consider these .

If  you have ever played a board game,eg Ludo, that requires  a 6 to start, you have probably been in the situation, where an opponent is half way round possibly with more  than 1 token, before you have even started, and it's the same die.

The advantage with a die is that you can see there are only six options each with the same theoretical chance of showing on the top face. 

Considering attacks on, ghosts/invaders, you effectively do not know how many of each item is possible,they do not say this, and so  it also gives them the ability to  change it. 

Also, if they said  in order to get enough rune fragments to complete one legendary item the spend would be millions of energy, and the bonus given was  really infintessimly small, many would think twice about even making the attempt, so they don't say this, just let you think what you want, and go ahead chasing, and spending, which is the desired goal.

Like the stores do not tell you that the free item,in the 'buy 1 get  1 free offer' is something you don't really need and could perish before its used.

Supposing all your socks where black except two white ones , and you could only take one at a time out, eventually you would make the white pair, but it would much more dificult  if evey time  you made a mistake  you had to put the black one back , it would take much more time, this is effectively what happens when an attack happens. Each attack is a separate attack with exactly the same variety of events, there is no real connectivity that leads to the desired outcome. 

I looked at the link you sent.

I often find that website unhelpful.

What exactly does Often mean?

How up to date is the information?

I would expect that the more useful items are less likely to drop, and it can take a long time to get desired items, such that by the time they are obtained, they are somewhat redundant as the bonuses are  then not so significant.

Jul 21, 2022, 10:5007/21/22
Jul 21, 2022, 10:53(edited)
09/15/15

Reading the above makes me wonder if the supreme invaders give the more valuable (and usually harder to get) runes as the rewards? I.e  to get the less powerful runes stick to hitting the standard ghosts and invaders?

(  I could do with some Night Veil runes so I shall try hitting some Supreme Guard, it is taking forever otherwise.)

Jul 21, 2022, 13:5007/21/22
01/11/17
pipkin

Reading the above makes me wonder if the supreme invaders give the more valuable (and usually harder to get) runes as the rewards? I.e  to get the less powerful runes stick to hitting the standard ghosts and invaders?

(  I could do with some Night Veil runes so I shall try hitting some Supreme Guard, it is taking forever otherwise.)

Hi pipkin! In fact the Supreme Ghost is a better choice as it has way more health points, you can achieve Sustained Attack which results in better damage and drop😉

Jul 21, 2022, 14:1907/21/22
06/11/22
Ivar Marksman

Hi pipkin! In fact the Supreme Ghost is a better choice as it has way more health points, you can achieve Sustained Attack which results in better damage and drop😉

Same thing for uber chiefs? 

As there were some experiments with uber with drops

Jul 22, 2022, 06:5507/22/22
01/11/17
bumba

Same thing for uber chiefs? 

As there were some experiments with uber with drops

More or less, bumba😉

Aug 12, 2022, 15:3408/12/22
12/02/18

Supreme ghosts are still dead content as far as I am concerned.  I was not even trying for the top rune fragment.  I got the top rune fragment quite a bit but not one of the lower ones.

Others have confirmed my point with more extensive testing; some even showed their results here.

Again... Choose theory dictates it may be low, but not impossible to get at least one of each fragment type dropped.  We know exactly how many possible choices there are with ghost drops.  We know how many times we "rolled the dice".  We see the results.  The formula to determine one's chances in an even-handed "roll" has not changed.  Even in a weighted system, the "most valuable" is the usually the least frequent in the result distribution chart.  If there is an algorithm to determine what the player needs and a weighting system applied against that probability, the outcome still should not be zero across a broad sample size.  Plarium has not issued any kind of statement this has been rectified, looked at nor even considered.  So.....

DEAD CONTENT

Aug 13, 2022, 19:4208/13/22
01/11/17

Sorry to hear that you feel this way. Thank you for your detailed feedback, Bilbos Wood! I have forwarded it further 🤗

Aug 16, 2022, 17:5308/16/22
12/02/18

How I feel is irrelevant for this conversation.  The facts stand for themselves.  Plarium can check my history if they want.  That was the last Supreme ghost I ever hit until they come out with a statement this has been rectified.  I am not alone in abondoning this dead content within the game.  They are only a valid consideration for being attacked when there is actually a chance to benefit from doing so.  No benefit (no rune drops of what Plarium says it could drop) means dead content.  Many people in my kingdom and apparently other kingdoms now, have seen the wisdom of these words and stopped hitting them.  That may have even affected the income stream for Plarium, but that is their problem to solve, not mine.

Nov 6, 2022, 05:1911/06/22
12/02/18

It seems that after 4 months, all Plarium can offer, instead of a response, statement or fix, is crickets....

Nov 10, 2022, 19:3811/10/22
06/24/14

wath you expect ?

Dec 24, 2022, 18:1112/24/22
12/02/18

LOL Christmas really did come before Plarium does anything about it....  Gee, maybe next year right?!?!?!?

Mar 5, 2023, 21:0003/05/23
12/02/18

It has been over 6 months since the issue was posted and still nothing from Plarium.  Plarium is either incompetent and/or unprofessional.  I am not which it is (maybe both) but either one is really bad.  I and many other no longer participate in this content due to lack of response from Plarium.

If Plarium does not know how to fix it, they could just admit their incompetence and state it will not be fixed to at least set customer expectations.

If Plarium has fixed it, they should just post something here acknowledging it has been fixed.  This would then provide affirmation players could once again participate in this particular content, which could potentially drive profits up since player may actually buy shaman energy packs to do more with it.

If Plarium just doesn't care, well... they have already been proving that for over 6 months through their deafening silence.... 

Mar 5, 2023, 21:4103/05/23
04/06/18

There have been no moderator posts on any of these forums since Plariums Ukrainian offices had to close.

Perhaps one day mods will return but don't hold your breathe.

Mar 5, 2023, 23:4203/05/23
02/21/18

She is also flogging a dead horse because they are not going to do anything as there is no validation to her original complaint.

She has been told this but ignores it ,I think she just likes to  dig up old  bones to display.

Mar 12, 2023, 21:3403/12/23
12/02/18
WDYWTNTF

She is also flogging a dead horse because they are not going to do anything as there is no validation to her original complaint.

She has been told this but ignores it ,I think she just likes to  dig up old  bones to display.

You type that as if Plarium "validates" any complaint with anything other than "I am sorry you feel that way".  I proved the math to them.  People have a lot to gain and learn from digging up old bones, or perhaps all ways of learning about history in an effort to not have to repeat it fall upon deaf ears in the case of some people....

It is a real problem.  I have shown the documetation to Plarium.  Other have acknowledged the issue.  Dismissive minimalists do try to brush things under the carpet when they are uncomfortable dealing with reality.  Hide all you want; the problem is still there....

Mar 13, 2023, 03:2403/13/23
02/21/18

You think  you have proved  it to them because  others back you up, have you not considered that they are just as wrong as you are in their belief?

You have no idea what the chance  of getting a particular piece of material,gem, rune piece, or sundries when attacking/banishing,  they do not publish these,therefore you can prove nothing with your, I did this ,we did this, and didn't get what we wanted, feel we should have got.

A sequence of we didn't get, doesn't  mean there's a fault, each attack has the same chance each time, there is no I've done thousands I should  have got at least one by now, the game doesn't know wether you  have done one  before, or any number of thousands one after the other.

I am not saying things don't mafunction,but have to say that they do err on the mean side, but what you expect,?They  want your money and have a captive audience.

Mar 19, 2023, 10:3203/19/23
05/08/22

Exactly WDYWTNTF. Theres no guarentees in this game. If you don't get what you want from the first Supreme Ghost, do another. Yes, it can get expensive but in MY EXPERIENCE it all evens out eventually. Your next Supreme might dump a bucket load on you, you just never know. I couldn't even calculate how many Uber Chiefs I had to kill before I got enough...... Indicolites I think it was .... for the Conqueror of Bifrost achievement. But get it I did. 

As in life there are no guarentees in the game. 

Mar 28, 2023, 19:4203/28/23
Mar 28, 2023, 19:45(edited)
12/02/18

You guys are hilarious.  Remember, I am not talking about the top drop for that creature.  I am not talking about a small sample size.  I am not talking about a single account.  I am not saying I should get "x" number in "y" number "rolls of the dice".  I am saying the number 0 is infinitesimally small and supremely unlikely given the sample size, account spread and replication of the siutation.

You can white-knight and man-splain this all you want, but it does not make you right.  I do know how statistics work.  I know how randomization engines work.  I also know the flaws in various algorithms for said randomization engines.  There are methodologies for generating random numbers which are published in the world of information technology and mathematics.  What happened here to many, many people across large sample sizes with various account types, levels, etc... is a near statistical impossibility, and not even for the top drop.  You should probably study the law of large numbers and statistics before jumping in and just telling people to spend more money lol.  I know a bug when I see one.  This was at least one at that time.  Whether it has been fixed since... who knows... nobody from Plarium has even weighed in here.  The only wiegh-ins have been a forum mod who felt bad about how I feel, others who had the same experience (and yes, I have been in other forums that are not this one with similar experiences) and you two.

You said yourself you do not know the answer.  So why are you here bothering those of us looking for one?  I don't need your biased input.  I need the input of Plarium staff to say if this issue has been reviewed and addressed.  We still just get crickets from Plarium.  If you want to whine about how you don't think something is an issue, please do so elsewhere.  We are looking for answers and support here.  You clearly cannot provide that.  Leave it to Plarium to suggest resolution.  The rest of us want to know what is actually going on.

Mar 28, 2023, 20:1303/28/23
04/19/21

The fact you keep coming back here and expecting different result is beyond me. The community cannot help you, forum mod cannot help you and the only real folks who could over at support didnt help you. 

Dont know if your compass is busted or what, since you keep stumbling in here and pick up this dead beat thread.  I find it hilarious too, but yes maybe one day a guy will eventually come around and prove that you indeed are right, case is genuine and you will be compensated, but dont hold your breath for it. 

The only thing the mods here will say at the end of the day, is that they are sorry you feel this way, send your expressed emotions to the support department and the problem solved on their end. 

Have you tried facebook?