All Categories

Clans Battle lost due to an error with trained troops (points not added)

Search
Oct 26, 2020, 18:4610/26/20
11/09/18

Hello everybody,

My ID is Dorello, I play in Kingdom #757, Stonbervel.

I had a problem in the last Clans Battle (from 20.10.20 to 22.10.20 00:00:00 UTC+0). I trained 188,160 polybolos during the event, but those points were somehow not recorded and that made my clan lose the event. I have tried to contact technical support by Ticket, but they do not provide any solutions. Their only response is that my troops ended their training on 22.10.20 at 00:22:17 UTC+0, when the event was already finished, but I think that is not correct. Fortunately, a training warriors event was running at the same time, and I can prove that my polybolos finished in time.

Technical support informed me that the troops I trained during the training warriors event were the following:

- On 20.10.2020 at 16:45:32 (UTC + 0) 12 160 mangonel.

- On 20.10.2020 at 16:46:56 (UTC + 0) 47 360 trebuchet.

- On 22.10.2020 at 00:22:17 (UTC + 0) 188 160 Polybolos.

And here I will expose my case. In the text, I will be referring to UTC+0, but in the images you will see UTC+2, my local time (Spain). 

- First, a fact: Clans Battle ended 22.10.20 at 00:00. The PERSONAL event training warriors ended 22.10.20 at 3:00. On 21.10.20 both events were active.

- My last log on day 21.10.20 was around 5:00 in the morning. I had to work all day. I left 188,160 Polybolos training.

- The day before (20.10.20), I had trained 12,160 mangonel and 47,360 trebuchet. This part is ok. These troops summed up 71,680 points in the training event, and 7,168,000 points in the battle of clans. These points were not enough to achieve any checkpoints in the training event, and they were registered in both events.

- On 21.10.20 at 16:49, three checkpoints were achieved in the training warriors event, all at the same time (this is, due to just one finished training), corresponding to more than 4,500,000 point. 

I scored a total of 4,775,680 points in this event. That is to say, 4,704,000 points added to the 71,680 points we had from the day before (mangonels and trebuchets). 

But, according to the records of technical support, no troops were trained at that time. Curiously, 188,160 Polybolos would add those exact 4,704,000 points to the event. And I did leave just those warriors training and never came back that day to train more. What a coincidence.

- Clans Battle was active on day 21.10.20 at 16:49. No points for training troops were added here, and the event ended with the same 7,168,00 points I scored for the mangonels and trebuchets.

- Lastly, let’s say that yes, I miscalculated things and the 188,160 Polybolos were trained on 22.10.20 at 00:22. The event of training troops was active, but no checkpoints were achieved at that time.

Just to be clear, I did not delete any system messages, and did not manipulate any pictures.

So, I just want to know:

- If polybolos were trained at 00:22 on 22.10.20… where did the points in the training warriors event come from on 21.10.20 at 16:49?

- Why aren’t those points registered in the Clans Battle?

When I contact Support by Ticket, they just insist that in their records, polybolos were trained on 22.10.20 at 00:22. I have the impression that they just don’t want to see any further.

I think that some kind of error happened in the game… that unfortunately ended in losing the Battle of Clan. A lot of gold and resources for the clan unfairly lost.

Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 26, 2020, 23:2510/26/20
06/21/17

You may or not be correct in your assumption  that they are unwilling to continue, and that  they say you have lost , your argument,case closed.

Part of the situation I see is that your game messages are in Spanish, and your text in English, which would suggest that either you used a translator, which are prone to errors, or that you understand English as a second language,which can also be problematic.

Though  I take your point that the timings would seem to back up your claim.

Here's  what you also  wrote.

'And I did leave just those warriors training and never came back that day to train more. What a coincidence.'

This would suggest you started the training expecting this to finish in time to qualify for points in the competition,here's where your argument might collapse,its a situation often raised.

Though its a  bit of a sticking point, and controversial,and players have claimed it isn't  always the case, 

They  have previously stated 

You have to be logged in when something like this finishes in order for it to count.

I have seen this for myself  where I have started a process and logged out thinking I will trigger the target, only to wonder the next day it didn't happen, I then realise, I logged out to do something else .

Oct 27, 2020, 16:5810/27/20
11/09/18

First of all, I don't see why it is a problem to know several languages. Technical support should also be able to understand those languages they offer in their games. I am sorry if my English seems to you as if I used a translator. We should see your Spanish ;)

Yesterday, they told me that, on their records, the three chekpoints were achieved at the same time on day 22.10.20 at 00:22:17 (UTC+0). But I got those three messages from the system several hours BEFORE. Can someone explain this?

I am very grateful that training warriors event was running that day, so I can prove my point, even if I was not logged in. This is not just "what I believe may have happened" vs "what the records actually say". I have proof that there was some kind of error in the system. It is there in the pictures (which are not so hard to understand even if you don't speak a bit of Spanish). 

If this is not a bug, or whatever you want to call it, then, what? 

Oct 28, 2020, 00:4510/28/20
06/21/17

HOLA 

It is not a problem to be able to speak other languages, its a distinct advantage,especially here ,where I believe English is required.

Perhaps I should never have pointed out the different languages and just addressed the issue you raised, so I am sorry if you thought I was demeaning your nationality, your laguage or ability therein, however I am speaking from some understanding that if you are not a native speaker or perhaps bilingual, but rely on a translation tool it can cause problems here,and wondered if you had meant what you had written and the text I quoted.

I.E.

'And I did leave just those warriors training and never came back that day to train more. What a coincidence.' 

Which suggested to me you had logged out of the game and might offer an explanation as to why the training went unrecorded.

Yes the pictures you posted where the times and dates displayed are almost universially understood so do not require any translation.

I am sure that your English is much better than my Castillian.

Hace mucho tiempo que estaba en la escuela. Desafortunadamente, gran parte del poco español que aprendí allí se ha olvidado.

Leo frases sencillas mucho mejor de lo que podría hablar o escribir.

Q.B.S.M.

Do you even still write this?

Oct 28, 2020, 05:3510/28/20
01/11/17

Hello, MadNuts!

According to the action logs on your account:

• 188 160  Polybolos train started at 20.10.2020 16:47:47 (UTC+0);
  • 188 160 Polybolos train completed 22.10.2020 00:22:17 (UTC+0);

Please note many parameters and actions performed by players of all Kingdoms are taken into account in the game. We recommend you to be online at the moment processes you earn points for in a Competition finish. It ensures that you and/or your Clan will earn points for this action.
Please keep it in mind when planning to finish the process at the end of the Competition.

If you have any more questions, we will be happy to help!

Oct 31, 2020, 17:5010/31/20
Nov 1, 2020, 09:33(edited)
11/09/18

I was not online because I was working (24h shift). Also, I am perfectly able to leave a training programmed to finish at a certain time. If you are telling me that I have to be online every time a process end for them to count in the events, then, forgive me but this game is a very sh-- game. If this is your best argument, it shows just why I shouldn't be wasting my time here. 

Can anyone just tell me why the three checkpoints were achieved at 16:49, on 21.10.20 if not because of the polybolos? I got the three messages from the system at that time, hours before the logs say the training finished. What, does the system sending the messages have a magic ball that predicted the training?

i

Can anyone look beyond those likely inaccurate action logs in my account and tell me what really happened, and even do something to ensure the problem will not happen again to anyone else and therefore improve the game?

Oct 31, 2020, 18:5210/31/20
04/06/18

So there is something in this need to be online thing.  How odd.

The game downloads a good deal of material onto the player's device which implies that some of the game processes are carried out there.  If troop trainig is processed on the player's device then information about it must be transferred to the game servers and that would be delayed when the player is offline.

Perhaps the reason that there is a difference in the two events is that the game is willing to retrospectively correct results (when it receives the delayed information) for individual events but not for clan events.  After all a result needs to be got out and could not sensibly be delayed indefinately waiting for people to come back online nor changed every time fresh information arrived.

I am not sure how this ties in with the time which plarium's records give for the completion of the training.  Had that time been when you came back online it would have given a further clue.  But it would seem that it does not.

Nov 2, 2020, 21:3511/02/20
Nov 2, 2020, 23:18(edited)
05/06/17

In reply to John: if troop training starts in time to end before a competition ends then surely the game programming will know and accommodate that fact (whether the player is online or not)? The only way the timing can change is if the player is online and makes changes to the instruction?

I think Madnuts may have a valid claim : his troops supposedly completed training more than 7  hours before the clan battle ended and the troop training comp nearly shows that : (i.e. WE CAN'T ACTUALLY SEE THE DETAILS OF THE "3RD TRAINING CHECK POINT" IN THE SYSTEMS REWARDS PIC). What I/we don't know is how long the training  was meant to take. That 7 hours difference is a significant amount. Did the personal competition register any boosts and equipment used that the clan competition did not register? (The training for all three troops were started together.)   

Or a new thought - since the points are clearly allocated differently between the two competitions - are the training times different between the two competitions?

Nov 2, 2020, 23:0611/02/20
04/06/18

It is a pity that the admin does not address Madnut's question 

" If polybolos were trained at 00:22 on 22.10.20… where did the points in the training warriors event come from on 21.10.20 at 16:49? "

Lacking any explanation of that anomaly I agree that Madnuts has a case.

I have gone off my idea above (that the programming might approach personal events and clan/kingdom events differently when players are offline).  I assumed that retrospectively changing a player's score in a personal event would affect no-one else but that is wrong.  The player might figure in the prize list for the event in which case changing their score moves them up and moves others down.

Nov 2, 2020, 23:3511/02/20
Nov 3, 2020, 00:35(edited)
05/06/17

But if the training times are different it would not explain why Ivar told Mudnut that the three training competition checkpoints were reached after the clan competition ended. 

So in conclusion: (since all the screenshots were taken after the competitions ended) and the 3rd checkpoint could have been for anything and not troop training, and it is very easy to delete items in the system folder, and until Mudnut shows what that third item was for - I am going to lean towards Ivar being correct.

Nov 3, 2020, 18:4111/03/20
Nov 3, 2020, 19:49(edited)
11/09/18

Hello everybody, 

This event we are talking about is a personal Training Warriors event. You can only score points, and I mean, ONLY, for training troops. This is, you cannot make points here from any other action in the game. 

I have a screenchot that shows the points you could earn in that event (picture taken the same day that all others, you can see the date there; I didn't think it was going to be necessary in previous posts): 

i

In my firts post I show my total score in this event (corresponding to  12160 mangonel, 47360 trebuchet, 188160 polybolos) , and you can also see how many points I needed for the third checkpoint. The three checkpoints were achieved at the same time (21.10.20 16:49 UTC+0). Here are the pictures anyway, all taken hours after the event finished: 

i

i

My last login on 21.10.20 was around 5:00 in the morning (UTC+0), before going to work. Last thing I did was to boost the training of 188160 polybolos, for them to score in the Clans Battle (I don't actually care much about the training warriors event). You wil agree, it does not take a genius to just make sure the training ended before the Clans Battle ended. 

Next day, when I came home, those points were never scored in the Clans Battle (lost because of that), and when I sent a ticket, the answer was that the polybolos finished the training on 22.10.20, when I have three system messages that prove the training ended hours before thanks to the Trainin Warriors event. 

I insist and insist and insist because, yes, I think I am right and I have a case here. 

This question I did: 

" If polybolos were trained at 00:22 on 22.10.20… where did the points in the training warriors event come from on 21.10.20 at 16:49? " 

Still lacks an answer. 

Only answer I got is: "you have to be online for it to count". 

Am I supposed to be ok with this?

Nov 4, 2020, 04:3511/04/20
06/21/17

I do not really  know how valid your complaint  with regards to the actual timings ,though the other players who are more familiar would seem to agree with you.

This thing of something finishing and not being counted in a competition ,is a topic that returns, and Ivar usually eventually says 'you have to be on line when the competition ends in order for the finishing the level to count'( which he subsequently did in a post above )

Which is exactly what,and why I wrote in my first post. You had written that you left the game therefore, though this may be inaccurate,(back to potential language difficulties) it would suggest, that you were not on line, therefore the points wouldnt count even if the timing was the right timing.

We do not know how the game records what we do and if this makes a difference as was suggested by someone else.

Nov 4, 2020, 13:0711/04/20
04/07/17

We lost a CVC because of this also (actually we lost two  but first one was a long time ago) ... it is a "problem" ... clans need to score points last hour and some places in the world that is middle of the night.  Also ... troop training or influence upgrades can register in personal events when they finish BUT not in the clan events until much later (after event is finished) ... same process registering at different times depending if it is registering in a clan event or a personal event.  That is not right ... 

Nov 15, 2020, 09:1411/15/20
09/15/15

It is still odd that 188,000 t5s (polybots) could possibly train within the same time frame as 47,000 t1s and 12,000 T2s?!!    

I.e if there is a mistake it is that your system message for the polybots arrived a day early ?!

And in a training period of thirty one hours and13 minutes it would be easy to underestimate  the time needed by 22 mins, especially if you have to calculate the time difference as well.

Nov 15, 2020, 16:5211/15/20
04/06/18

The OP started some mangonels which he tells us technical support says finished at 16:45.  The OP seemingly then immediately started some trebuchet and rushed them to complete at, says technical support, 16:46.  The OP then started the Polybolos which are the subject of the thread.  All of the troops trained were taken into account in the training event and triggered three checkpoints all notified at the same time.  Nothing odd in any of that as far as I can see.

The odd thing is that the troops trained including the Polybolos credited to the individual training event triggered checkpoints at 16:49 on 21.10.20 but plarium now say that the action logs on the OP's account record the Polybolos as only completing the following day, 22.10.2020, at 00:22:17.

plarium make no attempt to explain the anomaly and make a gnomic comment about it being better to be online when events happen.

No doubt it is possible to explain the anomaly in various ways including the checkpoints in the training event being credited too soon.  However plarium has not said that any such mistake was made and any mistake at all is disquieting in an automated process.

This would be less disqueting were plarium to acknowledge a mistake or weak programming particularly if an indication could be given as to whether it is intended to make a correction and how much priority that is to be afforded.  For myself, the fact that a player being offline may have something to do with this suggests that the problem lies in information only making its way from the player's device to plarium's servers when the player comes back online.  No doubt it would be a major task to shift all the processing from players' devices to plarium's servers but I would be bucked to learn that there is an intention to do this even if it is not to be expected for a year or two.

Nov 16, 2020, 01:3411/16/20
Nov 16, 2020, 12:19(edited)
06/21/17

Thanks for your analysis and insight.

I actually wrote more here, but on editing the message must have clicked the wrong button.

Nov 16, 2020, 09:0811/16/20
05/06/17

But based on the new evidence I am back on Madnuts' side, ie boosts must have been needed to take several days off the polybolos training period which could easily make the 3 system reward messages correct.

Nov 16, 2020, 14:2311/16/20
Nov 16, 2020, 14:33(edited)
06/21/17

This is a situation impossible for third parties to resolve.

We are relying on information given by those involved both directly and indirecctly being
complete, accurate and truthful.

Previously I had meant to restate that I have knowledge of starting a process, which may have been troop training, logging off and then on returning to the game, found out that I had not reached the level as expected, and then assumed the reason why not,i.e. not being on line at the time of completion.

The complaint is generally about missing points from troop training, what we do not know is the reason for this.

Does it occurr always ,often,randomly, accidentally or intentionally?

Previously there were complaints about the CvC where the opposition were effectively 'not competing', but logging in, starting troop training and doing nothing else and ''winning'' the event.(They may or may not have logged out and  back in before the event finished.)

The other points I mentioned were why/how the same thing could register at different times for different events, and when some of the timings given appear to suggest that it should, why would it count in one event and not the other?

The only explanation which I could come up with later, and so only writing it here now, is that the event that it counted in finished after the event that it didnt register for.

Also,as in my first post ,there is also the difficulty that the original post contains screen shots not in English, which would be difficult to fully understand unless you were a competant speaker or time consuming if a translator was accessible and worked proficently,which they dont.

There are words or phrases or nuances that can be used which maybe unfamiliar, or unknown even with native speakers within the same country.

Nov 18, 2020, 23:3511/18/20
09/15/15

XYZ : I too have had things take longer than expected, and wonder if the occaisional lag (caused by overloaded servers - too many players active at one time?) is not taken into account by the game operating system?

Nov 30, 2020, 14:2811/30/20
02/02/19

HI,

well upon reading the subject, even i want to bring in view that even me and my clansmen faced a similiar issue twice with the CVC event but for us its knowledge points that doesn't count at the final hrs.

and upon asking the support team, they reverted back stating our knowledge finished after the CVC ended.

as a matter of fact i made screenshots this time to prove that my knowledge finished b4 the end  of CVC (Screenshots attached of both knowledge, along with i've also attached the points calculation which were 0 even after 12hrs of CVC end passed.)

i

well my point in circling the image is just to illustrate that the knowledge ends with green circle and the cvc ends in red circle (which in consideration clearly mentions that the knowledge ends b4 CVC).

Question.... Well what would be the issue of the points not being calculated where as the ST mention their logs are perfect.

Can any shade some info on this ?

Thank you.

Nov 30, 2020, 14:3411/30/20
02/02/19

Sorry the other images didn't get uploaded.

i

^ Image of my clansmen.

i

^ Image of Knowledge Category while CVC active.

i

^Image of Knowledge Category post 12hrs CVC end.