All Categories

Problem with using the mouse on the map

Search
Oct 1, 2019, 02:5410/01/19
06/30/18

I got an issue when using the mouse. When i click on something like a tile or castle or event bar, the mouse click at a random spot on map instead.

In many cases it click where supposed to, but perhaps 25% of the time, it is nessesary to try clicking on the spot i want the mouse in more than once. It is highly annoying, and it really disturb the game play. 

It is only one of my towns who got the issue, the other newer experienced the problem at all using same PC and software. 

The problem been there for some time, the lastest two updates did not solve it. 

A solution will be most welcome, but i would also be interested in if others got the same problem. To confirm the bug.    

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 1, 2019, 05:4110/01/19
01/11/17

Hello! 

Please clarify you game ID ("Menu" ---> "About the game") and send the video illustrating your issue to me in PM! 

You can also send the link on your video.  

Waiting for your answer and thank you in advance! 

Oct 1, 2019, 11:1410/01/19
06/30/18

Made a video illustrating the issue. Clicked on same tile 5-7 times and the only time the tile was showed was the first time i did it. After that the game sent me to random locations 1-5 km away asking me if i wanted to use a jump. 

I don´t see where to attach the video to the PM?

I am not familar with sharing links on videos, so it is not an option, but i am sure Plenarium must have an email for players videos. 

Oct 2, 2019, 05:5610/02/19
Oct 2, 2019, 05:57(edited)
01/11/17

sussesusse said:

Made a video illustrating the issue. Clicked on same tile 5-7 times and the only time the tile was showed was the first time i did it. After that the game sent me to random locations 1-5 km away asking me if i wanted to use a jump. 

I don´t see where to attach the video to the PM?

I am not familar with sharing links on videos, so it is not an option, but i am sure Plenarium must have an email for players videos. 

Good day!

Answered you in PM :)

Oct 3, 2019, 13:5010/03/19
Oct 3, 2019, 13:59(edited)
02/21/18

sussesusse.

Unresponsive or faulty mouse behaviour.

When I read your post I was going to respond because the issue was familar to me personally, and because, here on the forum, I have read much about  similar situations.

I suspect that there are faults in the program and things can go  wrong,  but that  they are sometimes perhaps outside of their control.

Also I wonder if our expectations of the game and our equipment to blame for some of them.

Having observed events, I wonder if missed mouse clicks are down to 

#1 having a mouse which isnt efficient as it was when new.

# 2 moving the mouse too soon because we think, behave, faster than the computer does.

#3 connected to the above, the response time of the game and the computer.

often there is a fixed delay between something happening and a written announcement.

A lot of non response to mouse action seems to happen because the game is  currently doing something else, something it has been told to do ,or not told not to do.

Example.

When using the watchtower to look for new targets, and an event happens and it throws you back to the top of the page, which is connected to the item below.

# 4 priority commands.

Its a bit like being in an elevator where you press to go down and it goes up instead, because someone else on another floor pressed  to go up, before you pressed down.

The game has to finish its previous perhaps unseen command ,before it performs the one we just asked it to do.