All Categories

Favoring attacker

Favoring attacker

Search
Dec 15, 2018, 21:5112/15/18
06/11/17

Favoring attacker

It is so unrealistic that a small force of attackers can wipe out a superior force of defenders,  This is unrealistic and bullshit. and has me thinking strongly of just quitting,  There are other games that are more balanced than this crap. Not to mention the game freezes.  I've spent a lot on this game and it's not worth it.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 1, 2019, 22:2701/01/19
10/14/18

Have you got an example? 

I know it is possible with the right hero, shaman combo of skills and gear along with attack boosts and other bonus items (gems, runes, valley of aiser, pop reputes) along with high level knowledge for a troop of t5/6  to wipe out a much larger force 20 times their size.
Jan 2, 2019, 11:1301/02/19
06/02/17

Jim Mazza said:

It is so unrealistic that a small force of attackers can wipe out a superior force of defenders,  This is unrealistic and bullshit. and has me thinking strongly of just quitting,

in fact, it is the other way around... the game favor defense of own city...

first, there is the fact that march are very limited in the amount of troup... a onslaugh allow more troop but it is not huge...

when a defender have a lot of more troop that the march who attack, they have a "saturation bonus" who reduce the amount of lost troop for the defender

defender have their wall who add bonus for defense

Valkyrie citadel can give you huge bonus for defense... attack was recently added to it but i bet that soon we will have health too in valkyrie

In viking, it is a lot more easy to setup trap that attack cities with a lot of troop in it

Personaly, i have in my city almost 50 million troop... half of it are t1... i have be attack with a onslaugh, 5 big guy with lvl 30-31... they have send 6 million t6... i have loose half of my t1 but win the battle... sure, more dead on my side but it is a victory in point because they loose high tier troop...

As S-PI wrote, there is plenty of factor who influence battle... this forum is the right place to learn or ask advice... if you want to become expert in defense and do trap, it is possible... this game is very complex and almost everything is possible... and there is plenty of way for reach your objectif

And yes, it is possible to be wipe out by a small force... i have be zeroed 2 time and loose a lot of troop by my own mistake... i was with a production configuration/gear/hero/shaman and have forget to renew my shield... result, i was wipe out but it was my mistake
Jan 6, 2019, 09:2401/06/19
05/08/17
anesfan said:

Jim Mazza said:

It is so unrealistic that a small force of attackers can wipe out a superior force of defenders,  This is unrealistic and bullshit. and has me thinking strongly of just quitting,

in fact, it is the other way around... the game favor defense of own city...

first, there is the fact that march are very limited in the amount of troup... a onslaugh allow more troop but it is not huge...

when a defender have a lot of more troop that the march who attack, they have a "saturation bonus" who reduce the amount of lost troop for the defender

defender have their wall who add bonus for defense

Valkyrie citadel can give you huge bonus for defense... attack was recently added to it but i bet that soon we will have health too in valkyrie

In viking, it is a lot more easy to setup trap that attack cities with a lot of troop in it

Personaly, i have in my city almost 50 million troop... half of it are t1... i have be attack with a onslaugh, 5 big guy with lvl 30-31... they have send 6 million t6... i have loose half of my t1 but win the battle... sure, more dead on my side but it is a victory in point because they loose high tier troop...

As S-PI wrote, there is plenty of factor who influence battle... this forum is the right place to learn or ask advice... if you want to become expert in defense and do trap, it is possible... this game is very complex and almost everything is possible... and there is plenty of way for reach your objectif

And yes, it is possible to be wipe out by a small force... i have be zeroed 2 time and loose a lot of troop by my own mistake... i was with a production configuration/gear/hero/shaman and have forget to renew my shield... result, i was wipe out but it was my mistake
Hi Anesfan what level are you now and do you still use lynx gear for you traps or is it no longer strong enough now since the t7 troops were introduced.
Jan 7, 2019, 10:2401/07/19
06/16/17

Laird Brinni said:

Hi Anesfan what level are you now and do you still use lynx gear for you traps or is it no longer strong enough now since the t7 troops were introduced.

First, i am anesfan... just one of my other cities...

My main, Anesfan ( zerozerosix ) will become lvl 30 during next cvc.

As lynx gear, it is long time that i have not use it, in fact since the introduction of shaman... it have push me to specialize... i have the archer and spy shaman with full gear... hero with spy and archer stronghold gear, the basic one and the the recent more pwerfull one...

Was mainly making little trap with a bunch of t1 on tile or as reinforcement in in dead city... mostly i was "losing" the battle but in point, i was winner

Since the introduction of the t7, i have not yet trap... with right research, t7 have debuff for t1-t2-t3... i have plenty of t1 and t6 for now and i need to train a lot of t4... with the t7, the cheaper type of troop with some punch will be the t4...

Each time that there is a major update, i need months to learn new strategy and adapt... we have already a lvl 35 with t7 in our kingdom but he was cast out from the top clan because he was acting like a a$$ hitting everybody... he will soon move to a young kingdom where he will probably take control... so, he is not really open to dialogue for give info about new t7...

Personaly, i don't think that i will have myself t7 before 2050... since the update, only 1 bank offert with the gold nugget and other thing for upgrade above level 31... have already difficulty with bronze now but these can be found regulary in package or when making personal task... lvl 32+ and/or t7 are not for usual player... these already there have spend a huge amount of gold and use the "buy" button for construction and/or research

My advice for the moment is to do trap when you fight against ennemy kingdom or clan where there is no lvl 31+ ... these big guy will crush you without problem... the t7 are not the problem in themself but the debuff for t1-t2-t3 ... small player will be exterminated same if they have million and million of t1-t2-t3
Jan 12, 2019, 04:2001/12/19
05/08/17
niimathehutt said:

Laird Brinni said:

First, i am anesfan... just one of my other cities...

My main, Anesfan ( zerozerosix ) will become lvl 30 during next cvc.

As lynx gear, it is long time that i have not use it, in fact since the introduction of shaman... it have push me to specialize... i have the archer and spy shaman with full gear... hero with spy and archer stronghold gear, the basic one and the the recent more pwerfull one...

Was mainly making little trap with a bunch of t1 on tile or as reinforcement in in dead city... mostly i was "losing" the battle but in point, i was winner

Since the introduction of the t7, i have not yet trap... with right research, t7 have debuff for t1-t2-t3... i have plenty of t1 and t6 for now and i need to train a lot of t4... with the t7, the cheaper type of troop with some punch will be the t4...

Each time that there is a major update, i need months to learn new strategy and adapt... we have already a lvl 35 with t7 in our kingdom but he was cast out from the top clan because he was acting like a a$$ hitting everybody... he will soon move to a young kingdom where he will probably take control... so, he is not really open to dialogue for give info about new t7...

Personaly, i don't think that i will have myself t7 before 2050... since the update, only 1 bank offert with the gold nugget and other thing for upgrade above level 31... have already difficulty with bronze now but these can be found regulary in package or when making personal task... lvl 32+ and/or t7 are not for usual player... these already there have spend a huge amount of gold and use the "buy" button for construction and/or research

My advice for the moment is to do trap when you fight against ennemy kingdom or clan where there is no lvl 31+ ... these big guy will crush you without problem... the t7 are not the problem in themself but the debuff for t1-t2-t3 ... small player will be exterminated same if they have million and million of t1-t2-t3
Hi, Thanks for the reply Anesfan but how can you set a trap in your town with ranged gear if you have millions of scouts in your town, only lynx gear covers all troop types when defending or going even further back the old Lion Armour that covered all troop types with a little advantage to killers that was for both attacking and defending with. If your town was scouted while in range gear you could be wiped out, I know that you can not onslaught with scouts but if a player level 31 Plus decided to scout instead of attack you would probably have your scouts zeroed..
Jan 16, 2019, 10:5601/16/19
06/02/17

Laird Brinni said:

Hi, Thanks for the reply Anesfan but how can you set a trap in your town with ranged gear if you have millions of scouts in your town, only lynx gear covers all troop types when defending or going even further back the old Lion Armour that covered all troop types with a little advantage to killers that was for both attacking and defending with. If your town was scouted while in range gear you could be wiped out, I know that you can not onslaught with scouts but if a player level 31 Plus decided to scout instead of attack you would probably have your scouts zeroed..

who say that i setup trap in my town... i have so much troop that few people attack my city unless they are very big and already have t7... a few months ago, i have resist a onslaught of 5 player lvl 30-31 and kill their 5 million t6... and loose 12.5 million t1...

Below, you can see my city stat and amount of troop :

what i like to do is setup trap in smaller cities of our clan... they send rss to the bank, send troop as reinforcement to somebody with shield... then i send my own troop as reinforcement in the empty city who is without shield...

I have do it yesterday... i ( zerozerosix ) have send a reinforcement march to a member of my clan ( shatonneau )... 800k t1 archer and 100k spies...

only a few minute after shatonneau have drop shield, there was already a vulture who have try to hit...

hero was with archer gear along with archer shaman with gear too... i loose 54k influence, ennemy loose 1.7 mil... so, not bad...

sometime, when it is a very big guy, i "loose"... in fact, most of my lost battle are win influence wise... loose only a little amount t1 and ennemy loose bigger troop... so point wise, i am a winner for the event...

What about spies... well, a few minute later, curiosity have kill the cat... the same guy have try to spy...

again a win... 2.6 mil influence loss for the ennemy... you will ask how is it possible without spy shaman and without spy gear ?

sure, gear and shaman help but it is not everything... have legendary gems for attack/defense/health on all my combat gear... it is already 120% for hero and shaman gem... and these gems are nothing when compare to the numerous research who improve combat stat... by example, in the research tree for invader, near and below unlock lvl 6 invader, you have very good research for combat... same think with shaman research... have the spies research maxed too for my level...

The cherry on the top who is deadly is the vakyrie citadel... have maxed it in regard of my level for archer and spies...

At clan level, for massive trap, we use one of my hyperfarm... reinforce with a max of 2 mil troop and launch a fake onslaught who allow a extra 5 million troop in the city...

vikings is a complex game... gear is only one piece of the puzzle... and the puzzle is made of plenty of piece... and trapping is all about deception... no sane player will do a direct attack on a city with 100+ million troop, amount of troop in a march is too small for this... onslaught can be a solution but it take time and most of the big one teleport regulary when without shield, making it almost impossible to setup a onslaught...

personaly, using a little one as trap host, who will attract medium sized ennemies is a good method... there is not a single good strategy, the complexity of the game allow for plenty of good strategie ( and bad one too )... at clan level, you need to do testing and seek what is good for your clan... at each major update, retesting and adapt...

Jan 16, 2019, 11:0501/16/19
08/25/17

anesfan said:

Obviously you have not seen what an onslaught with 102m can do to a mid-size players. 

Jan 16, 2019, 15:3201/16/19
09/22/17
Exactly. This game has become noon strategy and about money. Bye!
Jan 17, 2019, 00:2001/17/19
06/02/17

Ivo Simeonov said:

Obviously you have not seen what an onslaught with 102m can do to a mid-size players. 

nope, not yet see it and will not se it soon... same a lvl 35 war block is limited to a max of 10 million troop for onslaught... so, as today, your 102m is 10 time more that the max allowed by the game...

personaly, the last onslaught who have hit me was long ago... sure it was painfull but at the end, it was not so bad... have learn to not stay too much long at the same place with shield down...