CVC battle has been destroy in last game change

bad reward

need too many points

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 5, 2022, 20:1009/05/22
04/06/18

Son, the game is too tough for you.  Try something a bit easier.  Farmville might suit.  You are nor destined for Valhalla.

Sep 6, 2022, 06:5409/06/22
01/14/22

Yep CVC is dead, this is what happens when Devs run out of ideas. Just up the points needed for checkpoints by a couple of thousand % and up the rewards by five %. CVC was the only event for thousands of small/medium players (spenders) now we have nothing. 

Sep 6, 2022, 07:0009/06/22
01/14/22
John

Son, the game is too tough for you.  Try something a bit easier.  Farmville might suit.  You are nor destined for Valhalla.

Cool your willing to spend 10 times the amount on packs to get a fraction of the rewards you did before the update. Good for you 👏 VWOC will thank you for that 👍. The thousands of us that won't spend anymore our wife's will thank us for that 😂. 6 years of playing/enjoying spending comes to an end with greed. Well done the current Devs 👏👏

Sep 6, 2022, 22:4509/06/22
04/06/18

Try playing the game instead of shopping, foody.  You might like it.  Your wife is likely better at shopping anyway.

Sep 7, 2022, 07:1409/07/22
01/14/22
John

Try playing the game instead of shopping, foody.  You might like it.  Your wife is likely better at shopping anyway.

Keep spending John, 

Sep 7, 2022, 13:1709/07/22
02/21/18

Two things spring to mind.

You have assumed John is a spender and buys the packs you suggest, which may in deed be less of a bargain than they previously were. John  says he is not a spender, but we can no more monitor the truth in this , than we an see how you play your own game.

Even though the game has changed I believe it is still possible to play smart.

Sometimes the turtle beats the hare. 

Sep 7, 2022, 21:3309/07/22
Sep 7, 2022, 21:41(edited)
05/12/17

El ultimo punto de CvC, 10 T de puntos, 9 T en el personal, desparejado como siempre.

Despues de hacer un asedio, matar infinidad de Ubers y espiritus 6, entrenar medianamente, recolectar billones de plata en minas 8, gastar 2 B de oro en investigaciones, investigaciones en la fortaleza... No conseguiremos llegar al ultimo punto, ni acercarnos, ni en Clan ni en el personal. Entrenando nos faltarian como 11 B de tropas VII. No os habeis pasado?

Plarium anunciando que sube los premios pero no dice que aumenta exponencialmente los puntos para conseguir dichos premios. Lo que se convierte en mas gasto para obtener menos, 🙈🙈🙈

Y que el enemigo no le de la vuelta al resultado y no tengamos ningún premio personal... 

Sep 8, 2022, 04:4409/08/22
06/03/20
WDYWTNTF

Two things spring to mind.

You have assumed John is a spender and buys the packs you suggest, which may in deed be less of a bargain than they previously were. John  says he is not a spender, but we can no more monitor the truth in this , than we an see how you play your own game.

Even though the game has changed I believe it is still possible to play smart.

Sometimes the turtle beats the hare. 

Been playing like a turtle for 3 years. I do pretty well... my personal clan's cvc record speaks for itself, 106 - 15 (the 15th loss being today after a severe bout of in-game depression feeling it's not worth the effort any more)

This cvc reward update brings my f2p playstyle to a complete halt. CVC has been a great source of rewards for me, helping me progress in the game, but at the current checkpoint requirement, it simply costs 5x as much resource as I'll get back from winning.... like buying a 5 dollar bill for a hundred bucks. what a waste of time.

Sep 8, 2022, 09:0609/08/22
01/11/17

Thank you Jarls for your feedback about last changes in CvC. Forwarded it further 🤗

Sep 8, 2022, 09:0809/08/22
03/01/20

The longer you play the game you get less and less, the only thing plarium does is push players to spend money, there are clans that no longer participate in the CVC, with this latest update it will be the end for mere mortals, only those with money to throw around will go ahead, I have spent a lot of it but I think if something doesn't change I'm done playing.
Plarium is only interested in money, to also give players some fun is not in their thinking.
Thanks for destroying a fun game!!!
Happy spending everyone.

Translated with DeepL 

Sep 8, 2022, 12:4109/08/22
12/05/17
foody

Keep spending John, 

John likes to hammer on people who utter criticism on changes that make the game less interesting for non-lvl 40's. But John doesn't spend any money on this game. And John's town is nothing near lvl 40. John can not even attack a Tower of Fury. John is simply not in a position to criticise people who complain about the cost of the game.

Sep 8, 2022, 12:5409/08/22
Sep 9, 2022, 04:42(edited)
12/05/17

As for my experience in the past cvc as a lvl 36 in a clan without lvl 40's. Killing ghost and invaders scores high points, and creating troops also offers high points, making it possible to get some legendary checkpoints. However, the last two checkpoints are out of reach. We can't create billions of troops every week - even though Plarium wants us to - and a lvl 4 Tower of Odin no longer provides enough points for a clan to reach them. Spending 400k power on killing lvl 6 ghosts doesn't do the trick. Sadly, a lvl 5 Tower of Odin is not realistic for most clans. That means the 250k runic coins are out of reach for a whole bunch of players.  

Never the less I believe there is a better balance in the overall point allocation. If Plarium fixes the legendary checkpoint requirements, I would call the changes an improvement.

Sep 11, 2022, 10:4109/11/22
06/21/20

Me as a palace 33 player in my personal league have to kill 625 ubers to get all personal levels done.

If that doesn't look crazy and killing level 6 ghosts/ubers gives you the most points, then it must be me failing to understand how this game works.

I expected a change in CvC points, but this is about insane change.

This isn't a first time to increase it too much, so i wonder do you change it and wait for people to yell at you after that or you do some calculations before?

Sep 11, 2022, 15:5209/11/22
04/06/18

There is a constant inflation within the game and levels must be adjusted.  Making lots of small adjustments would be time consuming for the devs and irksome to players.  So, when a sizeable periodic adjustment takes place there will always be a period when achieving checkpoints is tough.

Inflation is driven by what is done to monetize the site so tends to occur much faster than any attempts to adjust by the devs so I predict that we will lose the present level of challenge very quickly.

It would be good if changes were notified to players in advance but Aristocrat Leisure Ltd has no interest in dialogue with players (save the very high spenders) and only publishes things that it imagines to be attractive.

Sep 13, 2022, 19:2509/13/22
Sep 13, 2022, 19:42(edited)
09/15/15

scout: you are missing the point : you are meant to farm the uber tiles to get CP15 not hit invaders.

People complained big players were taking out all the invaders with single hits and nobody bothered to farm the tiles afterwards, so the Developers increased the speed and rewards on the tiles. Two of our members promptly reached clan cp 15 in the first 2 hours in the next cvc ! So now increased points are needed to reach  CP 15 and it is  not too hard by farming  silver tiles worth 500 million points (x 2 ?) each

Sep 13, 2022, 22:2409/13/22
Sep 13, 2022, 22:37(edited)
06/01/20
pipkin

scout: you are missing the point : you are meant to farm the uber tiles to get CP15 not hit invaders.

People complained big players were taking out all the invaders with single hits and nobody bothered to farm the tiles afterwards, so the Developers increased the speed and rewards on the tiles. Two of our members promptly reached clan cp 15 in the first 2 hours in the next cvc ! So now increased points are needed to reach  CP 15 and it is  not too hard by farming  silver tiles worth 500 million points (x 2 ?) each

Oh I get it. Instead of killing 625 ubers you're supposed to kill 410 AND farm them all out. Yes now it makes sense! Lets take a quick look and see how manageable this process is... At this point oneshotting is absolutely necessary, as in most kingdoms during cvc, the average lifespan of any uber is about 4 minutes, ~400 ubers comes out to approximately 100m hero juice, as well as farming 300-400 lairs (depending on the ratio of silver available) at 1 hour per node with 18 marches that comes out to a manageable ~20 hours straight of farming plus however long it takes to find 400 ubers to kill... lets ignore the fact that you will be competing for kills with dozens of other point-starved players.

Gosh that sounds pretty easy... for a 26 million gold reward... 75k runics... couple of boosts... 

the hero energy alone is worth 260m gold (ten times what you get in return) and lets also ignore the 400 hours' worth of domain guards needed to farm reliably, is not possible to get on a weekly basis...

This is the actual math of what it takes to max checkpoints on a level 33-35 town.

edit: bear in mind that I am being charitable in these numbers, supposing you will get a relatively high number of silver uber nodes. The ammount of killing and farming you need to do goes up if you are not actively trying to snipe the precious silver nodes as they are popped open. Oh, and you also need farming repute on at all times to get the yield time under 1 hour. Otherwise you need 1h7m per node either leaving you exposed to attack, or doubling the cost of domain guards

Sep 14, 2022, 11:3009/14/22
Sep 14, 2022, 12:10(edited)
09/15/15

Yeah - the developers are having a tough time trying to keep the game balanced. The big guns spend real money to hang onto any advantage over other big players - which makes buying hero energy trivial. The developers increased the amount of energy that can be bought and stored which means all the ubers get knocked over in single hits quick smart, but they take 5 hours to rejuvenate. So then the speed and resources of the uber tiles are increased so players farm them but which then made checkpoints easy to reach. So then the check points are put out of easy reach of farming, which puts them way out of reach by killing invaders  ... but if the Devs increase the points made by killing invaders it will only increase the pressure put on killing invaders?? And increasing the points rewards for killing troops will  again make sieges the dominant means to win cvc, kvk, Fury etc and people will stop farming the uber tiles.  It's tough !

A possible simple solution is that during cvc everyone allows anyone not from the opponent clan to farm safely. i.e. no rewards are given for killing troops not from the opponent clan. There is then an  incentive to farm without domain shields when opponents are inactive. Non clan members (already disadvantaged in so many ways)  can farm safely without domain shields any time and help uber tiles rejuvenate. And clans with numerous small members can easily farm when a one or two person opponent clan is inactive.

And despite trying to be positive I too have lost the will to try and win, it just aint worth the effort at present. You now need at least 300,000 t1 troops or equivalent on an uber tile which too many people find hard to ignore. Maybe the next step is to increase the carrying capacity of the troops?

Sep 14, 2022, 13:4709/14/22
02/21/18

The above is  likely destined to accommodate a spam link as it's a complete rip off of what  John wrote.

Sep 14, 2022, 15:5209/14/22
04/13/19
pipkin

I'm only a small level 35 player, but to reach checkpoint 15 for personal rewards would require me to farm 1,200 uber tiles to earn 600 bil points.

That's a ridiculous amount to have to farm 

Sep 14, 2022, 18:1609/14/22
06/01/20

@pipkin - There's a difference between having a tough time trying to balance, and not even trying

If they were trying to make farming more attractive by increasing the value of nodes, then what was the purpose of turning around full 180 and upping the checkpoints while dropping the relative farming score down under the point it was before the farming increase? Farming now is even more unattractive than it was before for passing checkpoints. What was the purpose of increasing checkpoints from 22b to 600b -THIRTY TIMES HIGHER than they were?

This isn't a sign of struggle. This is a complete and utter disconnect and lack of regard from the average player. There's a difference between struggling to balance and not even trying, and with this patch they placed their boots firmly on the other side of that line.

also- hotdamn 300k t1 troops... you got banker sub? it takes me 1m t7 siege to clear an uber node. and no, Im not leaving that out there unguarded in a hostile kingdom