All Categories

Questions about getting attacked

Questions about getting attacked

Search
Comments
Sep 12, 2021, 01:3409/12/21
09/15/15

xyz: and I guess you found the drop doesn't improve - ie the single hit still counts as multiple low force hits so you get lots more low level items but fewer high level items. The maximum force attacks means you do fewer attacks but the items you do get level up to compensate (and one legendary item is worth hundreds of simple items).

Sep 12, 2021, 01:4009/12/21
06/21/17
pipkin

Mike21daisu: and don't get sucked in trying to be the biggest -  there is ALWAYS someone stronger . There are now more than 70 players with well over 10,000,000,000,000 influence (strength)  each. The bigger you get, the bigger the oponents you come up against, ..... and the more attractive you become as a target for much bigger players  - they need to kill many more higher level troops to get the rewards they need and  hitting small towns becomes a waste of time. 

Don't count on that.

Some will still behave in a way that appears to be irrational, not cost effective, or even of much benefit.

Sep 12, 2021, 01:4609/12/21
09/15/15

xyz: it is a bit ironic that you really need the RG gear when you are low level (and when it is hard to aquire) but once your hero approaches level 60 the gear is almost redundant and is essentially replaced by improved hero skills / knowledge. And by that stage you will be winning most of the hero energy you need through daily tasks etc anyway.

Sep 12, 2021, 01:5509/12/21
09/15/15
xyz

Don't count on that.

Some will still behave in a way that appears to be irrational, not cost effective, or even of much benefit.

They are usually people that want to test all the improvements they have just made to their strength - and fortunately most move on to more challenging targets after a couple of hits.

Sep 12, 2021, 02:4009/12/21
Sep 12, 2021, 02:50(edited)
06/21/17
pipkin

xyz: it is a bit ironic that you really need the RG gear when you are low level (and when it is hard to aquire) but once your hero approaches level 60 the gear is almost redundant and is essentially replaced by improved hero skills / knowledge. And by that stage you will be winning most of the hero energy you need through daily tasks etc anyway.

This raises two other points.

I suspect that for new accounts, it might be worth forging the lower levels of gear sooner, rather than waiting for higher later,when, as you wrote, advantages may become somewhat redundant via knowledge upgrades. 

If you look , its usual to find that many  smarter players building new towns, often have this kind, and don't worry about losses in dismantling and upgrading.

Second point is a choice of value.

Experience gear .v.  saving energy/ invaders attack.guardsmans  gear, you can't equip the hero with a full set of both at the same time.

Currently, post level 70, hero experience gear is no longer required(for experience), but the Guardsman gear is still of use against invaders.

Sep 12, 2021, 20:2109/12/21
09/15/15

I was told to concentrate on invader gear first - makes sense - you need to hit lots of invaders to make any other gear. I have never made any hero experience gear - I just made sure hero knowledge boost was on 24/7. I am  a farmer first so I concentrated on defence gear/knowledge and farming gear/knowledge. The lynx gear was then superceded by top fighting gear which now gives much better defence as well. 

I was going to argue against your first point but changed my mind, It is possible to buy time boosts from Plarium to upgrade knowledge quickly but making gear uses items that you can't buy from Plarium and is only available by hitting certain invaders.  To squander those items on weak gear you are going to replace is in my opinion pointless. 

Sep 12, 2021, 21:0509/12/21
09/09/21

As  a  new player  you  need  to  rethink  your  growth  strategy  IMHO.  First  you  need  three  hero  sets.  Invader,  Lerning/influence  and Build/construction.  All  should  be  in  Legendary gems?  It  takes  approximately  1333  gems  to  make  1  legendary  gem.  Everytime  you  crush  a  lower  one  you  need  to  start  over.  Build  your  town  influence  first.  Troop  influence  is  inflated  and  easily  lost.  Use  CvC  gold  to  purchase  shields  and  booSt.  Find  an  active  clan  with  folks  who  can  support  RSS  growth.  Move  town  to  lvl  26,  32,  then  above  when  able.  These  levels  give  best  growth  potential.  

i

i

i

i

Sep 12, 2021, 22:2709/12/21
Sep 12, 2021, 22:32(edited)
06/21/17

It's always useful to hear different opinions about strategy, where players of all classes might be enlightened, especially  complete beginners who might otherwise be lead astray.

Impressive pictures but they don't need to be so big.

You have also jumped quite deep into the game for a beginner as the gear depicted needs many previous items some of which are special items and which take some acquiring at the level shown.

Now I suggest you check your calculation about making legenday items,and redo the picture, it's out by a factor of 4.

Total gems 5330 needed is misleading, and unnecessary, next number  1333 is close but still wrong.

1024 simple /4 =256 usual/4=64 unusual/4=16rare/4=4epic/4=1legendary.

Sep 12, 2021, 23:2309/12/21
06/21/17
pipkin

I was told to concentrate on invader gear first - makes sense - you need to hit lots of invaders to make any other gear. I have never made any hero experience gear - I just made sure hero knowledge boost was on 24/7. I am  a farmer first so I concentrated on defence gear/knowledge and farming gear/knowledge. The lynx gear was then superceded by top fighting gear which now gives much better defence as well. 

I was going to argue against your first point but changed my mind, It is possible to buy time boosts from Plarium to upgrade knowledge quickly but making gear uses items that you can't buy from Plarium and is only available by hitting certain invaders.  To squander those items on weak gear you are going to replace is in my opinion pointless. 

As I wrote in another post, there are many ideas as to the best way to play the game.

I wasn't told anything, except do research on the internet,my forum registration suggests I came here sooner than I recall.

Some wrote, forge straight away, others only forge legendary

Right or wrong, I came to the conclusion that it was a waste of materials,energy, and silver to do otherwise, especially in the case of invaders gear.

If I was starting  a new account now, I wouldn't follow the same plan , partly because it's out of date with all the changes ,and other items ,particulary gold, are much easier to come by than it was.

As to RGM gear being the priority gear to collect , I am still unclear on this.

Like the rest of the game its going to depend on many factors  including how much real cash will be spent.

Sep 13, 2021, 00:3709/13/21
09/15/15

"Like the rest of the game its going to depend on many factors  including how much real cash will be spent"

And personal choices - one of my original items to make was the falcon amulets - I just happen to like falcons
and liked the food, silver and learning boost combination. I soon discovered I needed far more silver and food than my vault could store (production stops as soon as the storage is full) and now I just farm abandoned towns for resources as I need them. I still use the falcons as my knowledge amulets.

Sep 13, 2021, 00:4809/13/21
09/15/15

Dreddslayer "Everytime  you  crush  a  lower  one (gem) you  need  to  start  over".  

Maybe we should point out there is no need to crush gems, just buy the relevant knife to save the gem for inclusion in the next item.

Sep 13, 2021, 01:3909/13/21
09/09/21

That's a  valid  point👍

Sep 13, 2021, 01:4909/13/21
09/09/21

Sorry  about  the  image  size I  just  copied from  my  FB  post  age.  You  are  correct  the  images  shown  are  for  the  special  sets.  There  are  standard  levels  of  some of  the  gear.  Mostly  you  are  correct  because  there  are  a  million  ways  to  play  the game.  My  first  KD  was  102,  since  then  I've developed  a  style  using  three  towns.  I  use  three  devices,  and  it  works for  me.  These  are  things  that worked for  me  over  time.  As  for  the  math  calculations,  I  will  stand  corrected,  thanks  😊.

Sep 24, 2021, 11:0209/24/21
04/03/17
xyz

Quoted.

' without Royal Guard it's 1052/hit on Uber but with top gear it's 916/hit (without any Hero boost). The more powerful the hit the better chance of higher grade items being dropped.'  

This section of your post,and its apparent contradiction, is only one of the reasons behind my scepticism. 

Is the number of hits in each case the same ?

Hitting with less energy isn't much of  saving if you end up using more hits.

Hitting with a larger force may result in an improved drop. 

1052 v 916.? 1052 seems the best option unless the force is the same, but just costs less energy.

Re-edit

The piece of RGM gear that I accidentally built ,( I didn't know then ,what the potential penalties might be, in cancelling the forging process) has no effect on energy used.

Sorry - should have been clearer. The 1052 and 916 refer to the amount of hero juice needed to make 1 hit in each case for the Hero without and with gear respectively. Obviously, Invader and Hero knowledge play a big part too.

When needing to score points more than getting gear I have used enough Hero juice to kill an Uber with a single enhanced attack but the quality of the rewards are much lower as you don't get the repeat attack bonuses.

If wanting gear I do single repeats until the maximum bonus is reached (600% for me) and then hit with 1 enhanced attack big enough to destroy. Tried doing single hits all the way but no real benefit and runs the risk of a poacher stealing your kill. 😀

Sep 24, 2021, 15:0709/24/21
06/21/17
Estarm

Sorry - should have been clearer. The 1052 and 916 refer to the amount of hero juice needed to make 1 hit in each case for the Hero without and with gear respectively. Obviously, Invader and Hero knowledge play a big part too.

When needing to score points more than getting gear I have used enough Hero juice to kill an Uber with a single enhanced attack but the quality of the rewards are much lower as you don't get the repeat attack bonuses.

If wanting gear I do single repeats until the maximum bonus is reached (600% for me) and then hit with 1 enhanced attack big enough to destroy. Tried doing single hits all the way but no real benefit and runs the risk of a poacher stealing your kill. 😀

I think I understood, but perhaps I wasn't clear.  

Comment 1.

I understood ,that the figures quoted referenced the amount of energy required for one hit on an uber with, and without, R.G.M  hero gear. 

What I was getting at was, if you hit it once with either amount, do you get an equivalent or a lesser quality  drop when using the reduced energy?

Also, is there an increase in the number of hits required to kill the invader when using the reduced energy amount? If so, this could  somewhat negate the supposed advantage.

I.E.

For simplicity

9 hits at 10  energy           = 90 total.

10 hits at 9 energy              = 90 No saving.

11 hits at 9 energy              = 99 A loss.

Comment 2 and 3.  

These tie in with a discusion I had years ago with another player,( ),and also depend on how the game is currently set up.

Presently, series hitting an Uber is a risky  procedure.

Clearly there will be more points available for the total amount of energy used with the accumulated  bonus system, rather than single kill hitting.

As to getting less valuable items from an Uber 1 hit killing, and better gear with bonus hitting that surprises me.

Though I haven't tired this myself (too expensive),it appears to fly in the face of what I have previously read  on this matter, and personal observation of one hit kills on lower level invaders..

I would agree that logically, once reaching the maximum bonus, there seems to be no advantage in one hitting an Uber (or anything) to completion.

I think it is true to say that new players can be confused  by the names and different ways there are to kill the invaders.

I do not know if this confusion is deliberate, accidental, bad translations,or a result of changes that were made to the game, 

Though unlikely after all this time, more appropriate names ought to be used instead that actually convey what occurs .

Feb 9, 2022, 14:2602/09/22
04/03/17

Regarding invaders, the amount of juice used per hit is governed by knowledge (both hero and oracle) and by level of gear. The effectiveness of the hit increases by 15% up to a maximum determined by level of gear and knowledge, subject to an overall max boost of 600%. (I hope this is making sense). If you have the juice and skill to kill an Uber in 1 hit you don't get the benefit of the boost(s) so it costs more in juice and the rewards are not so good.

Like pipkin, once I have the max boost I try to finish the invader off with 1 x enhanced hit as it reduces the chance of someone stepping in and finishing it off.

My enjoyment of the game improved when I joined an active clan, whose members were happy to share experience and I also earned gold etc. in Clan events.

Feb 10, 2022, 01:3802/10/22
06/21/17
Estarm

Regarding invaders, the amount of juice used per hit is governed by knowledge (both hero and oracle) and by level of gear. The effectiveness of the hit increases by 15% up to a maximum determined by level of gear and knowledge, subject to an overall max boost of 600%. (I hope this is making sense). If you have the juice and skill to kill an Uber in 1 hit you don't get the benefit of the boost(s) so it costs more in juice and the rewards are not so good.

Like pipkin, once I have the max boost I try to finish the invader off with 1 x enhanced hit as it reduces the chance of someone stepping in and finishing it off.

My enjoyment of the game improved when I joined an active clan, whose members were happy to share experience and I also earned gold etc. in Clan events.

Assuming your recent post is directed to me, I wonder why you have waited so long to respond.

First, I do not understand  what new insight it gives ,or informs me of anything I didn't know already. 

Secondly, though it could be my fault for poorly asking my questions, it doesnt seem to answer things I really was curious about.

Somewhat coincidentally I have come here to see what the new posts are and refresh my memory as to what the thread contains  only to find that I wrote something here which mirrors a reply I made to a more recent thread .

I.E. I was surprised at the claim made in this thread that one hit killing ubers produces poorer rewards than the more traditional slower methods. 

I still find this proposition hard to believe to be true.