All Categories

Letter to Plarium about New Equipment Upgrades.

Letter to Plarium about New Equipment Upgrades.

Search
Helheim bonuses
Nov 20, 2020, 21:4211/20/20
01/12/19
1

Letter to Plarium about New Equipment Upgrades.


Plarium I do believe your success percentages on gear upgrades are way off and you are absolutely shooting yourself in the foot and losing paying players over it.  I have made 3 attempts at a level 8 gear upgrade, all of which using hellfire for the maximum available 75% chance of success.  All three failed.  A teammate also working on levels 7 and 8 said that 7 of their last 10 upgrade attempts have failed.   Given the amount of time, materials, and gold invested, this is ridiculously unacceptable.   A level 8 gear upgrade requires 74 legendary invader materials.  Thats the equivalent of approximately 12-18 hours of invader killing if you have double hero and plunder.  I couldn't even imagine the time investment without those two purchased bonuses.  The upgrade also requires 718 legendary standard materials.  If you are up to level 7, I guarantee you've already spent your entire stockpile, so these materials will cost you around 60 million gold to purchase material coffers.  Throw in the hours invested in helheim to earn the hellfire to increase success chance, and the unbelievable amount of hero energy expended, we are talking a massive investment of time and money.  That's just one upgrade on one piece of equipment.  Now imagine doing all of that several times and receiving nothing in exchange.  It's absolutely infuriating.  To require such a massive investment and offer only a 75% chance of success is unconscionable.  To do so and then in practice only actually allow 25% to succeed is repugnant and frankly quite criminal.  I have heard many players over the last few days talking about quitting the game over this.  It isn't bitterness over just their last gear failure, it is that plarium finally went so far, asked so much, and gave so very little in return that it threw into stark unfavorable light how outrageously expensive it has become to stay competitive in this game.  It also shed light on how little regard plarium has for its most loyal customers that they would require such a massive investment and not guarantee a favorable outcome.  They instead offer up a "chance" with a more palatable success percentage for yet another additional investment - and even then they've fudged the percentages so that the actual outcomes are nowhere near those that were promised.  Only in a plarium game does 100% chance of success result in a failure.  It's a blatant rip-off.  So very blatant that people are getting really angry over it - I mean REALLY angry - and they are beginning to question just how much they spend on the game and just how little they are getting in return.    Our clan has now begun keeping track of our success rates and I suggest others start doing the same. There's a difference between charging a premium price and robbing people of their investment.  This game was already on the top end of premium price for an online war game.  These new gear upgrades with their massive investment and their disproportionate number of failures, have crossed over the line into robbing people of their investment and plarium is going to lose a number of players over it if they don't set this right very quickly.   I don't mind paying for my entertainment, but if I wanted to gamble I'd go play roulette - turns out the odds there are much better than a level 8 gear upgrade.


Like
 

Views
241
Comments
26
Comments
Nov 22, 2020, 14:2011/22/20
04/06/18
236

Your odds to win a bet placed on a single number at roulette outside the USA are thirtyseven to one against.  The odds to fail your next three gear upgrade attempts are thirty six to one in your favour.

Better stick to Vikings 

Nov 23, 2020, 09:3311/23/20
11/23/20
7

Thank you for this article.

Dec 16, 2020, 05:4112/16/20
Dec 16, 2020, 05:41(edited)
03/06/17
22
John

Your odds to win a bet placed on a single number at roulette outside the USA are thirtyseven to one against.  The odds to fail your next three gear upgrade attempts are thirty six to one in your favour.

Better stick to Vikings 

That's if you have blind faith in their system I had two 95% fails in a row what are the odds of that I find this whole system and the reported sucess rate is garbage. Baba is correct people are not putting up with it and have mothballed their towns in the hope plarium see reason and change the system.

Feb 14, 2021, 10:4102/14/21
02/23/20
1

I've had 3 out of 5 upgrades to 8 or 9 fail. I've spent my last dollar trying to get these upgrades. I'll also cut way back on the money I spend on this game. Plarium's greed is taking the fun out of the game!

Feb 14, 2021, 19:3002/14/21
06/21/17
819

So you have had some success but many more failures.

I would ask what induced you to try, and what advantage has the success given you?

Feb 16, 2021, 06:2302/16/21
07/01/18
2

wow, i have to seriouly consider about playing this game ......... the grinding of invader is sucked!

Feb 19, 2021, 17:0002/19/21
02/19/21
4

The system is broken and Palarium refuses to acknowledge. I have had 8 failures in a row upgrading from 7 to 8 at 75% chance.  Statistically, 1st try is 75% chance of success, 2nd try after 1 failure is is 93.75% chance of success, 3rd try after 2 failures is 98.5% chance of success. All attempts after 3 straight failures are over 99% chance of success. So statistically, I have been able to win the powerball 4 straight times, yet Palarium says everything is working just fine...... Their unwillingness to even investigate the situation or explain these statistically impossible outcomes is more than concerning.

Feb 21, 2021, 21:2602/21/21
02/19/21
4

I just had another failure at 75%. so now 9 failures in a row. Palriums responses are still the same, everything is the fine, nothing to see 

Feb 24, 2021, 06:3102/24/21
02/19/21
4

10 failures in a row 

Feb 24, 2021, 06:5202/24/21
02/19/21
4

11 

Feb 24, 2021, 13:2302/24/21
Feb 24, 2021, 13:40(edited)
06/21/18
222

You have fallen into the trap, first that you need to do the upgrade,second that it will give you a big advantage to get the upgrade, and third, that the more times you attempt the upgrade, the more likely you will succeed.

None of which, especially the last is true.

Each time you attempt the same upgrade, the chance of success remains the same.   

Just like if you toss a coin, the chance of getting heads or tails is constant as the coin doesnt know if this is your first or millionth try.  


Feb 24, 2021, 17:0002/24/21
04/06/18
236

You are mistaken Josh.  The second chance is 75% as is every further try.  The statistical chance of any particular sequence is a different matter.

Feb 26, 2021, 16:4602/26/21
01/12/19
1

I too, have had upgrades fail on gear repeatedly.. at 95% .. 3 times in a row.. so why upgrade if 95% doesn't work.. I definately wouldn't try at anything less than that. I 'm tired of having to reinvested for the materials, excessive time and gold . Are you that money hungry???? I have been playing for 2 years.. you show in my profile, weeks.. all just little bugs , you say, or not at all.. but it is hard to enjoy the game anymore.

Feb 26, 2021, 21:0302/26/21
06/21/17
819

The time shown in the profile is not the time played, but the time logged in.

I cant argue against your other comments.

Players come and go for similar reasons to those that you mention.

Without the ever increasing upgrades, there would be less incentive to accumulate the materials needed for them, so there would be less incentive to buy things  like the energy required from the banks,so you see where that leads.

Mar 5, 2021, 03:2603/05/21
04/24/19
10

Being  difficult is  what  makes  the  upgrades  valuable.  If  everyone got  the  upgrades  easy  they  would  have  zero  value...

Mar 6, 2021, 14:1303/06/21
06/21/17
819

Being  difficult is  what  makes  the  upgrades  valuable. 

Valuable to whom?

If  everyone got  the  upgrades  easy  they  would  have  zero  value... 

Their value wouldn't change, but just become mostly redundant, but how useful do you imagine the bonus to be worth in the first instance?

Mar 15, 2021, 19:1403/15/21
12/13/18
5

Hello, 

made the same experience as descripted above. I had the mats and die hellfire items, but what had i seen after trying to upgrade? FAILURE!!!! I farmed hours after hours for the things i needed for the upgrade and then FAILURE!! Am i silly? Dont make me a fool, Plarium! 

I dont give Plarium money anymore, until this shit is corrected. 

Mar 15, 2021, 19:1903/15/21
12/13/18
5

But i have only less hope, that Plarium will do that. This post is from 11/20/20 ... 

And no admin had been here .... 

Do you know what i think? 

Its not important for Plarium!!! 

They are busy to count our money ... 


Mar 16, 2021, 13:2603/16/21
06/21/18
222

You have a point.

However,the opening post here was also posted in another part of the forum, and its possible that the admin wrote there, but they may not have, which would be typical, because they generally seem not to react to these kind of reactions to the game.

One of the reasons for this is, because they already decided on policy, and it would take an awful lot of push back to get them to reconsider.

On top of that, they know many complain and carry on regardless, that boycotts seldom have the desired effect, because there are always deal breakers , some never sign up in the first place, some are so entrenched that they cant  give up, disillusioned players with either drfit back or drift away, and while ever there are old mugs or new replacement mugs  to pay the bills, the game will endure.

Mar 17, 2021, 17:4503/17/21
12/12/19
1

this is main reason why i am thinking about quit this game