Invaders,which level gives the best value?

7 Replies
User
12 July, 2019, 4:22 PM UTC

Given the following information.

Palace 20, and all available invader research finished, except opening up level 5.

Going to palace 21(to open up the rest of the research to level 10) and opening up invaders level 5, will take about the same time.

In the meantime,which level of of invader should I be attacking ?

UTC +0:00
User
14 July, 2019, 8:27 PM UTC

There doesn't appear to be any up to date information on the internet about this,with the forum, the Information often seems to be second hand,or too vague.

Here is part of a post dated March 29 2018, in response to a post called" invader tips" which at first glance seems quite helpful, but I would say its not detailed enough.

"until you are going to seriously farm materials and did not learn all the necessary knowledge, you need to farm the invaders to 2 levels lower than those opened." 

Which would suggest target L.2?

Though gems,and materials and  most other items that invaders drop are useful, invader materials are what we are more concerned with, we want to acquire them  quickly and as cheaply as possible,so it would be useful if there was a guide which suggested what to do and when, especially at the times when the game gives you alternative routes to choose from.

For what they are worth, results from a small test.

Attacks today on L.1  I obtained an average equivalent of 3 Invader materials  per invader. This may be atypical.

I also obtained 3 Invader materials from one attack on a L.2 but at an apparent much higher cost.

Which is one of the reasons I have been avoiding targeting L.2 or higher.

On a L.3 invader, I obtained the equivalent of 37 invader materials at what would seem a similar cost to level one.

I have avoided L.3 because they are supposed to be bad targets.

In order to eliminate the chance element it would be necessary to have more test results.

User
15 July, 2019, 12:52 PM UTC
If you want to go anywhere with your game, max out your invader-knowledge, until you hit troop health/attack. And then kill uber invaders
User
15 July, 2019, 12:58 PM UTC
Ubers for best materials. Only gear that makes sence to make before you get legendary is Royal Guardsman gear (except sword of vengence) and this is only to get the energy reduction to get the legendary gear. Getting the 5 pieces of blue RG gear with energy reduction will save you alot of energy when you hunt legendary materials.
UTC +7:00
User
15 July, 2019, 4:04 PM UTC

Thanks to the curious for looking, and those that posted for trying to help. 

I was already aware of some of the perceived wisdom surrounding when, and when not, to attack Ubers, or level 5 and 6.

The question was not  about any particular invader,but which level of invaders to attack when you can only attack 1, 2, 3, 4.

To get to troop health/attack on the invader knowledge tree takes a lot of resources,time, boosts or gold, which you have to mass or buy.

I think those, like me, that are not so wealthy, would like to know what to do meanwhile.

Contrary to what appears to be the suggestion elsewhere, of not doing any attacking till you can go for the big guns,Its silly not to use the energy that the game gives you for nothing ,with the possibility of  an added top up, if its warranted on economic grounds.

User
17 July, 2019, 7:27 AM UTC
If your using only free energy best to just attack level 1s as there should be enough to kill it with the free energy, The higher level invaders require a lot more  energy to kill them, it is pointless attacking higher level invaders with free energy as you will not be able to kill it with sustained attack, The first few hits from a sustained attack on the higher level invaders will only give simple or usual material which you can get from level one invaders, The closer you get to your max sustained attack the better the quality of material the invader will drop for example a level 6 invader will be dropping at least rare material when you get to about 270% sustained attack with a critical hit and unusual for a normal hit, If you hit level 4 invaders it is possible to get epic from it but only when your about 225% with you sustained attack with a critical hit same with the level 5s it is possible to get legendary material from them but as I said before the 1st few hits will only give simple or usual or maybe unusual if you get a critical hit but only with the lv5 and 6 invaders the level 2 to 4 invaders will  drop low quality material on the first few hits which you could just get from the level 1s. So my advice to you would be if  you just want to use up your free energy just hit level 1s if you have enough stored energy attack the level 2s and 3s, once you can kill a level 4 invader before you reach your max sustained attack I would recommend attacking them as the quality of material will be greatly improved versus the lower level invaders.
User
17 July, 2019, 7:52 AM UTC
Sweetestsin2 said:

If you want to go anywhere with your game, max out your invader-knowledge, until you hit troop health/attack. And then kill uber invaders
You are quite right about the uber invaders however sometimes level 5s and 6s can be a better option if you looking for only a few pieces of invader material to make some armour, Ubers carry material from 4 different standard invaders so the chances are reduced of getting the last few invader material that  you need to make the armour you want, Also most special armour and shaman armour and some invader armour requires standard material as well as invader materials , Sometimes I have all the invaders material needed to make my new new armour but I'm short of one piece of legendary standard material which you can only get from level 5 and 6 invaders. When I attack level 5 and 6 invaders I get a lot of legendary standard material as well as the legendary invader material which comes in very handy as it is a lot harder to get standard legendary material from level 6 tiles and and doing tasks, But on the whole the ubers are the best to hit but the level 5 and 6s are still worth hitting even when your invader knowledge is maxed I even still hit level 4s on the rare occasion and get a lot of rare and epic material/gems from them.
User
17 July, 2019, 8:51 PM UTC

Thanks that's more in keeping with what I wanted to know.

Definitely useful  information for the free players / low spenders, but as  there's generally enough free energy to kill level 1 invaders, is this a waste, if by adding energy from packs you gain more? 

With  hindsight the title of the post could have been better, because yes, the higher levels of invaders are the most useful.

I will probably test L.3 and L.4 before and after opening L.5, as finishing the invader tree to L.10 will take considerably more time.

6773873 users registered; 112197 topics; 462263 posts; our newest member:Unknown_Ranger