All Categories

Invaders,which level gives the best value?

Search
Jul 12, 2019, 16:2207/12/19
11/30/17

Given the following information.

Palace 20, and all available invader research finished, except opening up level 5.

Going to palace 21(to open up the rest of the research to level 10) and opening up invaders level 5, will take about the same time.

In the meantime,which level of of invader should I be attacking ?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 14, 2019, 20:2707/14/19
02/21/18

There doesn't appear to be any up to date information on the internet about this,with the forum, the Information often seems to be second hand,or too vague.

Here is part of a post dated March 29 2018, in response to a post called" invader tips" which at first glance seems quite helpful, but I would say its not detailed enough.

"until you are going to seriously farm materials and did not learn all the necessary knowledge, you need to farm the invaders to 2 levels lower than those opened." 

Which would suggest target L.2?

Though gems,and materials and  most other items that invaders drop are useful, invader materials are what we are more concerned with, we want to acquire them  quickly and as cheaply as possible,so it would be useful if there was a guide which suggested what to do and when, especially at the times when the game gives you alternative routes to choose from.

For what they are worth, results from a small test.

Attacks today on L.1  I obtained an average equivalent of 3 Invader materials  per invader. This may be atypical.

I also obtained 3 Invader materials from one attack on a L.2 but at an apparent much higher cost.

Which is one of the reasons I have been avoiding targeting L.2 or higher.

On a L.3 invader, I obtained the equivalent of 37 invader materials at what would seem a similar cost to level one.

I have avoided L.3 because they are supposed to be bad targets.

In order to eliminate the chance element it would be necessary to have more test results.

Jul 15, 2019, 12:5207/15/19
08/05/17
If you want to go anywhere with your game, max out your invader-knowledge, until you hit troop health/attack. And then kill uber invaders
Jul 15, 2019, 12:5807/15/19
06/05/17
Ubers for best materials. Only gear that makes sence to make before you get legendary is Royal Guardsman gear (except sword of vengence) and this is only to get the energy reduction to get the legendary gear. Getting the 5 pieces of blue RG gear with energy reduction will save you alot of energy when you hunt legendary materials.
Jul 15, 2019, 16:0407/15/19
11/30/17

Thanks to the curious for looking, and those that posted for trying to help. 

I was already aware of some of the perceived wisdom surrounding when, and when not, to attack Ubers, or level 5 and 6.

The question was not  about any particular invader,but which level of invaders to attack when you can only attack 1, 2, 3, 4.

To get to troop health/attack on the invader knowledge tree takes a lot of resources,time, boosts or gold, which you have to mass or buy.

I think those, like me, that are not so wealthy, would like to know what to do meanwhile.

Contrary to what appears to be the suggestion elsewhere, of not doing any attacking till you can go for the big guns,Its silly not to use the energy that the game gives you for nothing ,with the possibility of  an added top up, if its warranted on economic grounds.

Jul 17, 2019, 07:2707/17/19
Jul 17, 2019, 07:30(edited)
05/08/17
If your using only free energy best to just attack level 1s as there should be enough to kill it with the free energy, The higher level invaders require a lot more  energy to kill them, it is pointless attacking higher level invaders with free energy as you will not be able to kill it with sustained attack, The first few hits from a sustained attack on the higher level invaders will only give simple or usual material which you can get from level one invaders, The closer you get to your max sustained attack the better the quality of material the invader will drop for example a level 6 invader will be dropping at least rare material when you get to about 270% sustained attack with a critical hit and unusual for a normal hit, If you hit level 4 invaders it is possible to get epic from it but only when your about 225% with you sustained attack with a critical hit same with the level 5s it is possible to get legendary material from them but as I said before the 1st few hits will only give simple or usual or maybe unusual if you get a critical hit but only with the lv5 and 6 invaders the level 2 to 4 invaders will  drop low quality material on the first few hits which you could just get from the level 1s. So my advice to you would be if  you just want to use up your free energy just hit level 1s if you have enough stored energy attack the level 2s and 3s, once you can kill a level 4 invader before you reach your max sustained attack I would recommend attacking them as the quality of material will be greatly improved versus the lower level invaders.
Jul 17, 2019, 07:5207/17/19
Jul 17, 2019, 07:53(edited)
05/08/17
Sweetestsin2 said:

If you want to go anywhere with your game, max out your invader-knowledge, until you hit troop health/attack. And then kill uber invaders
You are quite right about the uber invaders however sometimes level 5s and 6s can be a better option if you looking for only a few pieces of invader material to make some armour, Ubers carry material from 4 different standard invaders so the chances are reduced of getting the last few invader material that  you need to make the armour you want, Also most special armour and shaman armour and some invader armour requires standard material as well as invader materials , Sometimes I have all the invaders material needed to make my new new armour but I'm short of one piece of legendary standard material which you can only get from level 5 and 6 invaders. When I attack level 5 and 6 invaders I get a lot of legendary standard material as well as the legendary invader material which comes in very handy as it is a lot harder to get standard legendary material from level 6 tiles and and doing tasks, But on the whole the ubers are the best to hit but the level 5 and 6s are still worth hitting even when your invader knowledge is maxed I even still hit level 4s on the rare occasion and get a lot of rare and epic material/gems from them.
Jul 17, 2019, 20:5107/17/19
Jul 17, 2019, 21:09(edited)
11/30/17

Thanks that's more in keeping with what I wanted to know.

Definitely useful  information for the free players / low spenders, but as  there's generally enough free energy to kill level 1 invaders, is this a waste, if by adding energy from packs you gain more? 

With  hindsight the title of the post could have been better, because yes, the higher levels of invaders are the most useful.

I will probably test L.3 and L.4 before and after opening L.5, as finishing the invader tree to L.10 will take considerably more time.

Jul 31, 2020, 11:0907/31/20
04/03/17

Stumbled across this while looking for table of materials drop.

Best advice I received was to get Royal Guard gear, no matter the level and then improve each piece as you go. Only bit of gear (and probably experience gear) that I would not wait until I had enough to make legend.

RG gear makes big difference. 

If you are after a specific type of gear then go for the highest lvl invader that you have enough knowledge and  juice to kill. 

Remember to set your Hero skills correctly. I use following priorities : Sustained Attack, Energy Depletion, Weaken Invaders, Total Offence and then Energy Restoration. 

Good hunting
Jul 31, 2020, 23:3907/31/20
Aug 1, 2020, 07:48(edited)
04/06/18

The objective is to maximise hits with maximum power (not, for example, to make kills).    So try each in turn looking for the level which does not drain your energy before you are hitting with the highest percentage you can reach but is not so low that the Invader dies before you reach that level.

There was some (not terribly impressive) research which concluded that tier 4 gives lower returns but the difference (even if correct) is not sufficient to displace the point above.

You need energy and by far the best source is a treasure hunt (which occur at Christmas, Easter, Halloween, whatever).  Look for some shortly, as part of what plarium do to celebrate the fifth birthday of the game.

If you have more developed clanmates one or another is quite likely to be willing to bring a Uber or a high tier Royal Guardsman to within an inch of its life so that you can finish it off with a couple of hits.  With a Uber your first hit will be something like 0.1% so you have to get lucky with how your clanmate's last hit works out.

In case you are interested, it is quite different with ghosts.  Returns from tier 3 upwards are a vast improvement over tier 1 and 2 so simply get up to tier three as soon as you can.
Aug 2, 2020, 10:0708/02/20
12/06/19
At  this point in time I would recommend sticking with level 1's for the f2p or newer players. With "The Hunt Has Just Begun" achievement and the vast amounts of Gold available through that you can buy Hero energy to hit the higher levels for better/higher quality materials.
Aug 6, 2020, 06:0208/06/20
05/08/17
RealBigOleDummy said:

At  this point in time I would recommend sticking with level 1's for the f2p or newer players. With "The Hunt Has Just Begun" achievement and the vast amounts of Gold available through that you can buy Hero energy to hit the higher levels for better/higher quality materials.
Sound Advice.
Aug 10, 2020, 13:1408/10/20
Aug 10, 2020, 13:16(edited)
11/30/17

Its just over year since I wrote the question, so interesting that its  been taken up again recently and read what  players are saying now.

Especially as I would now like to know how to get the best materials from L.5 invaders.

Any offers?

Aug 13, 2020, 07:3708/13/20
Aug 13, 2020, 13:50(edited)
04/06/18

Numbers of players have kept spreadsheets recording their results when hitting Invaders and one point stands out from the results.  If you have the time to do so sustained attack is the way to go in all situations.

Returns at the beginning of a run are lower and then build up as 15% is added to the power of the hit each time (capped at 600% which you will not reach with a level 5 Invader).

For a level 5 Invader, ignoring critical hits, your first hits will cause around 1% damage and this will build up to around 8% towards the end of the run.  Each hit will require about 600 units of energy and, depending on luck with critical hits, it will take around 22 hits to destroy the Invader.

So to maximise returns you need: enough time to make 22 runs (how far away the Invader is determining how long that is); and 1200 - 1400 available units of energy (number of critical hits again playing a part).

In the later part of the run you will mostly receive blue (rare) materials but the level is determined by a dice roll so somerimes the materials will be purple (epic) or, every now and then, gold (legendary).

For each Invader there is one item of material which drops more rarely.  When you are focusing your attacks, aiming to craft a particular piece of equipment, you can expect to spend quite a significant amount of time, effort and units of energy chasing down that last bit of material.

Happy hunting.

P.S.  I said in an earlier post that treasure hunts are the best source of energy.  In the recent "Lost Gifts" event for the game's fifth anniversary hero's energy was thin on the ground - lots of rss and charms, a fair amount of shaman power but very little energy.  Make good use of the 10% reduction bonus when it appears and otherwise some of the gold from achievements may have to be spent on energy.
Aug 14, 2020, 15:2108/14/20
Aug 14, 2020, 15:41(edited)
11/30/17

Thanks. 

Except for the spreadsheet,guilty as charged,which is one of the reasons I am convinced that they fiddled with the programming ,and when targeting invaders,more hits are needed, meaning increased energy uses,and there is less of the better materials for invaders gear.

So its not so happy hunting recently.

I am unconvinced of  the rarity element of specific pieces for specific players idea.

As you wrote,I don't think I reached the maximum % which means its a waste of skill points to have hero's skills set at 15.

What I will do is, recheck sustained attack all the way to killing the invader,as I did not notice any advantage of dong this previously, in comparison to ,sustained attack to some point, and then switching to enhanced.

I did not see much of the special gift invaders this time. 

I think I was lucky enough to be on line for the first wave, but subsequently there were gone when they were next supposed to be live.

Rather than flood the field each  gift box contained three items, but if this format was better, and fairer than previous ones,is hard to determine.

Aug 16, 2020, 04:4608/16/20
05/13/19

The answer to your questions has always been the same.

Ubers are the best. 

Ubers have the best value. 

Why? because Ubers give you gems which are exclusive to them only.

You can't get certain gems from any of the other Regular Invaders.

This is what makes Uber Invaders the Superior Invader.

There is only 2 reasons why a person wouldn't attack an Uber Invader.

1st Reason = To Save Time

Laird Brinni commented a year ago with this to explanation. 

It has to do with a player searching for a specific material. 

Example:

You are trying to craft a piece of gear which requires a Lynx Fur. 

The Lynx Fur material drops from 2 places ----> Gepid Uber Invader or Lynx Invader

If you attack the Gepid Uber Invader, The chances of you getting a Lynx Fur is 1 out of 20. 

If you attack the Lynx Invader, The chances of you getting a Lynx Fur is 1 out of 5. 

Thus, A player may decide to attack a Lynx Invader instead of a Gepid Uber Invader "To Save Time". 

2nd Reason = Unable to attack Ubers due to Oracle Research

You want to attack Ubers, but the game doesn't let you!

You haven't met the requirements to attack the Ubers.

This is another reason why a person wouldn't be able to attack Uber Invaders.

Once, you understand what I am saying from above.

You will begin to understand how your new question below is sort of pointless.

ANYONE said:

Its just over year since I wrote the question, so interesting that its  been taken up again recently and read what  players are saying now.

Especially as I would now like to know how to get the best materials from L.5 invaders.

Any offers?

Attacking level 5 Invader can improve your over all quality vs. level 4 Invaders.

Instead of getting a bunch of Green Material Drops, You will begin to get a bunch of Blue Material Drops.

It doesn't change anything else.

The Best Value still is the Ubers.

The advice I can offer you is the following:

• Figure out whether or not you are a Free 2 Play Player or a Spending Player.
  • Figure out what level your hero is.
  • Than based on your hero level ---> Create the Khazar Suit or Royal Guard Suit.

The Khazar Suit is the Best Gear Suit for players who attack invaders with a Hero Level between 35 to 44.

The Royal Guard Suit is the Best Gear Suit for players who attack invaders with a Hero Level 45+.
Aug 16, 2020, 07:3508/16/20
04/06/18

Attacking Ubers before Invader knowledge is maxed and a high level set of Royal Guardsman gear is crafted is a poor idea.

When targeting paricular items of equipment tier 6 Invaders produce faster results because some Ubers will drop none of the targetted items and the others will only drop the tagetted items once out of three.

Aug 16, 2020, 14:0108/16/20
11/30/17

Player J said:

o

Ubers have the best value. 

Why? because Ubers give you gems which are exclusive to them only.

You can't get certain gems from any of the other Regular Invaders.

This is what makes Uber Invaders the Superior Invader.

There is only 2 reasons why a person wouldn't attack an Uber Invader.

1st Reason = To Save Time

Laird Brinni commented a year ago with this to explanation. 

It has to do with a player searching for a specific material. 

Example:

You are trying to craft a piece of gear which requires a Lynx Fur. 

The Lynx Fur material drops from 2 places ----> Gepid Uber Invader or Lynx Invader

If you attack the Gepid Uber Invader, The chances of you getting a Lynx Fur is 1 out of 20. 

If you attack the Lynx Invader, The chances of you getting a Lynx Fur is 1 out of 5. 

Thus, A player may decide to attack a Lynx Invader instead of a Gepid Uber Invader "To Save Time". 

2nd Reason = Unable to attack Ubers due to Oracle Research

You want to attack Ubers, but the game doesn't let you!

You haven't met the requirements to attack the Ubers.

This is another reason why a person wouldn't be able to attack Uber Invaders.

Once, you understand what I am saying from above.

You will begin to understand how your new question below is sort of pointless.

ANYONE said:

Any offers?

Attacking level 5 Invader can improve your over all quality vs. level 4 Invaders.

Instead of getting a bunch of Green Material Drops, You will begin to get a bunch of Blue Material Drops.

It doesn't change anything else.

The Best Value still is the Ubers.

The advice I can offer you is the following:

• Figure out whether or not you are a Free 2 Play Player or a Spending Player.
  • Figure out what level your hero is.
  • Than based on your hero level ---> Create the Khazar Suit or Royal Guard Suit.

The Khazar Suit is the Best Gear Suit for players who attack invaders with a Hero Level between 35 to 44.

The Royal Guard Suit is the Best Gear Suit for players who attack invaders with a Hero Level 45+.

Thank you for the response I am sure that other players reading it may find it useful.

However, though your opening statement of, 

'The answer to your questions has always been the same'. 'Ubers are the best.' 

may be true, its not really the answer to the question I asked,or intended to ask, as I pointed out later on in the early discussion,I was aware of the merits of attacking Ubers when I wrote the O.P.

So I already knew, and understand what you wrote, and my intended question wasn't pointless,as I wanted to know the most cost efficient from invaders 1-4. 

Also I do not think your two reasons  given for not attacking Ubers holds up.

A specific piece of gear  like Lynx Fur such as describe, is not guaranteed to fall from either the Lynx or Gepid  so the element  of time saving is doubtful.

The game disallowing you to attack Ubers because of oracle research being inadequate is nonsense.

Apart from access to the necessary energy to attack any class of invader,being a free to play or spender, has little to do with the  actual mechanics of the game.

Its certainly true though  that with access to vast quantities of energy there is no need to worry about cost efficiency.

A full set of only Khazar equipment is not the best set for attacking invaders,below hero L.44, and the switch to Royal Guardsman gear, assuming you have access to either or both ,is a whole new topic. 

Aug 16, 2020, 14:2408/16/20
Aug 16, 2020, 14:28(edited)
11/30/17

John said:

Returns at the beginning of a run are lower and then build up as 15% is added to the power of the hit each time (capped at 600% which you will not reach with a level 5 Invader).

For a level 5 Invader, ignoring critical hits, your first hits will cause around 1% damage and this will build up to around 8% towards the end of the run.  Each hit will require about 600 units of energy and, depending on luck with critical hits, it will take around 22 hits to destroy the Invader.

So to maximise returns you need: enough time to make 22 runs (how far away the Invader is determining how long that is); and 1200 - 1400 available units of energy (number of critical hits again playing a part).

So I did the quick test. 

Sustained attack took me to 365% and killed the invader without me reaching my maximum available %

There isn't going to be great data from just doing one run.

Though it would seem to suggest that you reach a higher damage level,are using less energy per hit, and a lower number of hits, for a much lower total energy consumption, from which I assume you missed  a zero.

Comparing sustained against a combination of sustained and enhanced, the number of hits needed and,the quality of drop didn't seem to improve much,the loot from the kill blow was mainly green, with only one blue item, but as you mentioned,results can vary from one invader to another, so it would take more testing to eliminate the luck of the dice roll.
Aug 16, 2020, 14:3308/16/20
05/13/19

John said:

Attacking Ubers before Invader knowledge is maxed and a high level set of Royal Guardsman gear is crafted is a poor idea.

When targeting paricular items of equipment tier 6 Invaders produce faster results because some Ubers will drop none of the targetted items and the others will only drop the tagetted items once out of three.

Actually, What your saying is wrong.

I had my Invader Knowledge maxed.

The first gear I used to attack Ubers is Khazar gear.

Aug 16, 2020, 16:0708/16/20
Aug 16, 2020, 17:39(edited)
05/13/19

ANYONE said:

Thank you for the response I am sure that other players reading it may find it useful.

However, though your opening statement of, 

'The answer to your questions has always been the same'. 'Ubers are the best.' 

may be true, its not really the answer to the question I asked,or intended to ask, as I pointed out later on in the early discussion,I was aware of the merits of attacking Ubers when I wrote the O.P.

So I already knew, and understand what you wrote, and my intended question wasn't pointless,as I wanted to know the most cost efficient from invaders 1-4. 

Also I do not think your two reasons  given for not attacking Ubers holds up.

A specific piece of gear  like Lynx Fur such as describe, is not guaranteed to fall from either the Lynx or Gepid  so the element  of time saving is doubtful.

The game disallowing you to attack Ubers because of oracle research being inadequate is nonsense.

Apart from access to the necessary energy to attack any class of invader,being a free to play or spender, has little to do with the  actual mechanics of the game.

Its certainly true though  that with access to vast quantities of energy there is no need to worry about cost efficiency.

A full set of only Khazar equipment is not the best set for attacking invaders,below hero L.44, and the switch to Royal Guardsman gear, assuming you have access to either or both ,is a whole new topic. 

The 2 reasons I gave do hold up!

The Lynx Fur is guaranteed to fall from either the Lynx or Gepid.

This is 100% fact - You can't get Lynx Fur from any other location.

The game has a chart which shows you all the drops given by each invader.

The game has programmed the Lynx Fur to drop from the Lynx Invader or Gepid Uber Invader.

The chance to get a Lynx Fur as a drop material from Lynx is 1 out of 5.

The chance to get a Lynx Fur as a drop material from Gepid Uber invader is 1 out of 20.

When I say the chance to get a Lynx Fur from an Lynx Invader is 1 out of 5.

I don't mean if you attack a Lynx Monster 5 times - You will get 1 Lynx Fur.

That isn't what I am saying.

You have to remember the game has other drops in addition.

Gems - Peace Shields - Gold - etc.

Other items are dropping in addition to the Materials which drop from the Invader.

What I am saying is strictly based on material drops itself!

The Lynx Invader only has 5 materials it can drop at any given time.

-Lynx Fur

-Leather Straps

-Oak Handle

-Raw Hide

-Rough Blade

The material drop pool amount is reduced vs. Gepid Uber invader material drop pool amount.

The Gepid Uber invader has 20 different materials which can drop from it.

You can acquire a specific item faster from the Regular invader vs. Uber invader.

This statement I am making is factual because I have tested it myself.

I never said only Khazar gear.

Players can mix in Hun gear pieces, but in my experience it isn't necessary.

Here is what you have to understand.

The Royal Guardmen Gear is the Best Invader Gear for improving your Damage + Reducing energy cost vs. Invader.

The problem is you can't wear any of the Royal Guardsmen Gear, until your hero is level 45.

How do you plan to reach level 45 with your hero? You have several options I suppose.

- You could spend money on the game to buy Hero Experience Pack from Bank.

- You could spend money on the game to buy Task Refreshes Pack from Bank. 

- You could spend gold to buy Hero Experience from Items - Treasure.

- You could spend gold to buy Task Refreshes from Items - Bonuses.

- You could spend energy attacking Invaders to level up your hero.

Free 2 Play Players or Low Spending Players may not have a lot of money to spend on Bank Offers.

If you can't spend on Bank Offers, You can't buy Hero Experience Packs or Task Refresh Packs which give Hero Experience.

Free 2 Play Players or Low Spending Players may not want to use Gold on Hero Experience or Task Refreshes.

They might want to conserve there free gold for more important things like upgrading there buildings + research.

So it leaves you with 1 option - Attacking invaders so your hero levels up to level 45.

What gear will you use?

Are you going to attack an invader with no gear on? 

Do you think attacking an invader naked with no gear is good idea?

Obviously, you should wear gear which helps you vs. invaders.

There are only 2 gears types of gear which can help you vs. Invaders below level 44.

1st gear type = Hero Restoration Gear ------> It helps restore energy faster.

2nd gear type = Hero Experience Gear -----> It helps your hero gain more experience to level up faster.

Obviously, I think the gear you should chose is the Hero Experience Gear.

The Khazar Invader drops materials which can help you create Hero Experience Gear.

The Hun Invader drop materials which can help you create Hero Experience Gear.

The Best Hero Experience Gear in the game is the following:

Hun Helmet ----------> Fur Hat 

Hun Armor -----------> Stepped Caftan

Khazar Sword -------> Khazar Bow

Khazar Boots -------> Wanderer Boots 

Hun Amulet ----------> Golden Bracelets

However, It would be stupid for people to do the above set up.

The set up they should do is the  set up I did!

Check out the following set up:

Khazar Helmet -----------------------------------> Plated Helmet

Man Eater or Barbarian Armor ---------------> Bear Coat or Barbarian Armor

Khazar Sword ------------------------------------> Khazar Bow 

Khazar Boots ------------------------------------> Wanderer Boots 

Khazar Amulet ----------------------------------> Inlaid Belts

The Khazar Amulet give 2% less Hero Experience vs. Hun Amulet, but in exchange it gives you so much extra benefit.

---> You get 18% March Speed to travel to the invaders faster.

---> Your hero can be level 35 to wear Khazar Amulet vs. having to be level 40 to wear Hun Amulet.

---> You will need the Khazar Amulets in the future as materials to craft Bjorn Goblet Amulet (Building Speed Amulet)

Clearly, you can see how the trade off is so worth it!

No reason for you to craft the Golden Bracelet.

Notice again how I recommend the Khazar Helmet vs. Hun Helmet

The Khazar Helmet gives you 10% less Hero Experience vs. Hun Helmet, but in exchange look at the benefits.

---> Easy Access - You will be attacking the Khazar Invader tons of times to get materials.

You will need Khazar materials to make Amulets, Boots, Swords!

You will acquire all the materials needed to make the Khazar Helmet in the process!

---> You will need the Khazar Helmet in the future as materials to craft Hermits Boots (Shaman Learning Speed Boots)

Once again, We arrive to the simple conclusion which I said all along.

Players with a hero level 35 to 44 should craft Khazar Gear.

It is the Best Invader Gear for them to use below level 44.

Players with a hero level 45+ should craft Royal Guard Gear.

It is the Best Invader Gear for them to use above level 45.

The Royal Guard gear gives you the most damage per hit.

The Royal Guard gear gives you reduce energy cost when attacking invaders.

BUT YOU HAVE TO BE LEVEL 45.

I was able to max out my Invader Research with a hero level 38.

I was able to attack Uber Invaders with a level 38 hero.

I was able to wear 4 gear pieces at level 38.

- 2x Khazar Amulets

- 1x Khazar Shoes

- 1x Man-Eater Armor

When my hero reached level 40, I was able to wear Khazar Helmet.

My hero was gaining double the experience fighting Uber Invaders using this Hero Experience suit.

It helped me reach level 45 so much faster!

When my hero reached level 45, I began swapping my gear.

I swapped from Hero Experience & Hero Restoration gear to Hero Offense & Hero Endurance gear

Hero Offense & Hero Endurance is what the Royal Guardsmen gear gives.