All Categories

Gear for defending PoP

Gear for defending PoP

Search
Feb 24, 2019, 12:3702/24/19
02/24/19

Gear for defending PoP

I need a little clarification on Lynx gear vs troop specific special gear. I am full melee and will not be attacking defending with anything but melee troops.  This is specifically referring to defense of PoP but could also include using Saracen gear for attacking as well. I have full legendary Lynx set and the clan is a little divided about if lynx gear is better than the special gear for a specific type. Personally I have slowly replaced the lynx gear I used holding pop to melee special gear as I get each piece and I’m one piece short now so only using 1 of the lynx gear now. If I only send my melee troops to defend pop how can the lynx gear be better than a type specific piece of gear with slightly better overal stats. I get if defending palace lynx is bettter by ot covers all types but if I’m just sending melee using melee special gear how can lynx be better??? Please can I get some clarification so we can settle the discussion. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 24, 2019, 15:5902/24/19
04/07/17
For defending POP ... lynx gear isn't better if you only send one type of troop and have that troop specific troop gear on ...
Feb 24, 2019, 16:0502/24/19
Feb 24, 2019, 16:55(edited)
06/21/17

You are probably smarter than me and more advanced, given the question you asked.

However.".I am full melee and will not be attacking defending with anything but melee troops."   maybe is badly stated, if  you meant, I only use melee what ever I am doing . 

If you had said defending attacking,it might have had more sense.

Or did you perhaps mean attacking a defense?

Lynx is only for defending, not attacking, so isn't really going to help with attacks. 

Lots of players have ideas about how the game works , what is best, and what suits their playing style, so opinion is going to be divided, even if the evidence is concrete, as it is in some cases, like Guardsman gear for instance.

I would suggest, as you do not know what you are going to be attacked with, something that covers all eventualities would be better than something specific,

though you might be better off against those that attack you with the same troop type as you have,or those that you are strongest against, but not those you are weakest against.

With a little planning it should be possible to test yours and your clans thoughts on the matter.  

EDIT:

Whilst writing my post , CIM has answered your question,but perhaps were already persuaded of the argument by replacing your Lynx gear.

Feb 25, 2019, 00:5202/25/19
06/02/17

gwalk03 said:

This is specifically referring to defense of PoP... have slowly replaced the lynx gear I used holding pop to melee special gear as I get each piece ...

If I only send my melee troops to defend pop how can the lynx gear be better than a type specific piece of gear with slightly better overal stats.

CIM have give you the right reply but something was forget...

You ask for POP... this is a special case... lynx/sarazen or stronghold top melee gear are not the best gear for defend or attack the pop... what you need for you hero is the ubba gear who have huge stat for all type of troop attacking and defending pop... along with gems defense, health, attack ( tourmaline, ruby, taafeite )... can use gems health/defense for your type of troop but only add 2%... for runes, it is better put these for your troop like "battle cry", +32% attack who are a lot better that the pop runes...

As shaman, you need raines the wanderer, with forteress gear, runes and gem similar to the hero

The point is that pop/forteress is not like defending or attacking usual town or tiles... when a gear exist for a speciality, you simply need it because it is better
Feb 25, 2019, 13:2502/25/19
09/04/15
Raine is broke.  Use standard troop shaman with pop shaman gear.  Rein is only good for Os leader.
Jul 27, 2019, 02:1107/27/19
Jul 27, 2019, 02:12(edited)
05/18/19
Has Plarium made any statements about Raine packs? its been 5 months since they've been offered ...  I'm sure they would make a statement/announcement. What seems to be the problem ... Players who already have a maxed Raine are using it against players who dont have it.
Jul 27, 2019, 04:4407/27/19
Jul 27, 2019, 04:44(edited)
11/30/17

I don't think we should expect those kind of statements.

It doesn't follow that because you have seen no offers that there hasn't been any. 

I would say that the nature of the game suggests that those with any kind of advantage would use it against someone that doesn't

The cynic it me would suggest  that it serves you right for  not buying them , more of them ,5  months ago, and maybe the present situation is how the owners like it. 

I am not sure when I last saw an offer for them.

My Raine hasn't moved since arriving, I think he came as part of a package and with a small amount of charms

Aug 30, 2019, 02:4908/30/19
09/10/18
best charm packs i saw was at xmas/new year eve holiday packs, had every charm there was out on multiple packs, it is how i maxed out so many shaman on my city
Nov 23, 2019, 02:1911/23/19
11/23/19
The lynx gear is the best of the regular gear but after you unlock your gearset in special gear section(unlock in your stronghold) of the troop you selected to specialize in becomes the best gear offered