All Categories

Attacking with Shield

Attacking with Shield

Search
Aug 6, 2018, 01:4008/06/18
08/06/18

Attacking with Shield

I am fairly new to game.   There is a Jari in our kingdom who constantly has a shield, but is always attacking others.  Today, they had no marches going but their number of attacks has suddenly increased by two battles from probably a 25 second check on t heir stats.   How is this possible?  Can you hide your marches?  Or am I missing something about how he never unshields?   

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 6, 2018, 02:4208/06/18
Aug 6, 2018, 02:52(edited)
02/21/18

I am a bit confused by the middle of your question  but someone else might figure out  what you are asking.

However some people are smart enough to drop shields, attack and reshield  very quickly so you might not notice.

Is the jarl you are talking about always in the same place?

You can teleport, attack and teleport away again, so you probably wouldnt see tracks as its over so quickly.

If someone attacks from a distance  you should see tracks.

If players increase the watch tower, you get alerts on attacks on towns, but not on tiles.

I am guessing that you are in a new kingdom, when everything can be quite frantic,and your mystery player could have  moved from another kingdom and  is much further advanced in the game.

Check stats  and  town and hero  levels.This should clue you in on expertise and progress in comparison to yourself and others.

Aug 6, 2018, 03:1208/06/18
08/06/18

He's actually a player who has been playing for a long time in  a very old kingdom.   I transported there to build myself up as not much happening within the kingdom and easier to build / etc until I'm ready to fight.

He does transport at times (during kvk, cvc) and I see his tracks, etc then.

But today, he was in his stronghold.  He had, for example, 40,000 fights.   then ten seconds later, he had 40,002 fights but no shield drop, no tracks, no nothing.  I was looking at their stronghold as I was farming nearby.  Few minutes later, he had 40,011 and still no shield drop.   It could be quick, but in the past, I have always seen his tracks.  

Just seem odd and was wondering how he did that.  Guess it could be a bot which is against rules but I'm sure some of them do use it.  

Aug 6, 2018, 03:3608/06/18
09/22/17
Scouting?
Aug 6, 2018, 11:2508/06/18
01/25/17

Hello Jarls!

WARRIORMITCH, if you have noticed a player violating the game rules, please provide us with the following information about this situation in private message:

1. The number of the player's Kingdom and the coordinates of their Town or a screenshot of the player's profile;

2. Screenshots illustrating the rule violation(s).

Thank you in advance and we are waiting for your reply.

Aug 6, 2018, 14:0608/06/18
09/27/17
sounds to me like they are scouting that way you wouldnt see any tracks and with the shield in favorites you can shield so fast if you blink your would miss it, i play on pc and before the favorite option was added it would take at around 6 seconds to re-shield now i re-shield in a couple of seconds and i believe shielding using phone is a fraction faster, also you need to take into account any lag in the game 
Aug 6, 2018, 22:1108/06/18
06/02/17

andyhudson1965 said:

sounds to me like they are scouting that way you wouldnt see any tracks and with the shield in favorites you can shield so fast if you blink your would miss it,...

in fact, if he was scouting tile, he will not drop shield because there is no fight happening when scouting tile...

and scouting tile is fully invisible... don't see the march, target don't see any report... shield are not drop... seem to perfectly match what describe the OP
Aug 6, 2018, 22:5308/06/18
04/07/17
anesfan said:

andyhudson1965 said:

sounds to me like they are scouting that way you wouldnt see any tracks and with the shield in favorites you can shield so fast if you blink your would miss it,...

in fact, if he was scouting tile, he will not drop shield because there is no fight happening when scouting tile...

and scouting tile is fully invisible... don't see the march, target don't see any report... shield are not drop... seem to perfectly match what describe the OP
Are you serious that shield doesn't drop to scout a tile?
Aug 6, 2018, 23:3508/06/18
09/22/17

I don't think that's what he was saying. 

Before favorites, I re-shielded in under 2 seconds, now, if it's set right, you won't see my shield drop when I scout.... It's stupid :/

But yeah, that's prolly what the player's doing.
Aug 8, 2018, 07:4208/08/18
Aug 8, 2018, 07:44(edited)
09/27/17

I often attack or scout a lot of tiles during events and i can def say your shield does drop so i have no idea why Anesfan says it doesnt, any time you send troops or scouts on a march you loose your shield, what im saying is with the new fave option re-shielding is now so fast you might not notice, 

Aug 8, 2018, 09:1708/08/18
04/07/17
andyhudson1965 said:

I often attack or scout a lot of tiles during events and i can def say your shield does drop so i have no idea why Anesfan says it doesnt, any time you send troops or scouts on a march you loose your shield, what im saying is with the new fave option re-shielding is now so fast you might not notice, 

Yes what you explain appears to be what this person was witnessing ....
Aug 8, 2018, 14:3508/08/18
06/14/17

Yeah, I also scout a lot. Both tiles and towns. I usually only leave shield down for a fraction of a second.

Though on tiles I sometimes do a bunch of trips at once, as strength has no effect (no troop fighting). I can send 10 scout trips in a few seconds and re-shield.

And, yes: shield always drops. Only exception is reinforcements.

Aug 8, 2018, 23:0608/08/18
08/25/17

it was long ago but i am sure that shield have not drop in one case, when scouting a pop... but it was maybe a glitch or rules have change since...

And from other, again long ago, it was say that shield don't drop when no combat and spy on tile was a non combat situation... will check it again someday, when i have a little more time...

As today, i almost no spy anymore... usualy direct attack because opportunity of attack are so rare and most of big city unshielded are trap...

Wish there was a detailed log of all change for each update done in this games... it take a lot of time for check everything again after each update... there is plenty of change who are never announced
Feb 23, 2019, 17:5202/23/19
06/22/17

I was attacked several times (no Scouting) with no tracks visible and attacker 35 km away, so there should be at least a couple of seconds track.

Feb 27, 2019, 14:1102/27/19
08/02/16
Perhaps they have troops stationed at the Kingdom Citadel (whatever the Viking equivalent is) defending it for those 2 fights that got added? 
Mar 23, 2019, 17:5203/23/19
10/03/18
There was a castle in 595 that was attacking without dropping shield and right before he changed kingdoms I talked to him. It was a modified exe. He told me he could only get away with it by changing kingdoms a lot or the game programmers would catch him. He was not in our kingdom long so not really a problem. Also he said soon he would have to change account names soon or stop using it. For him that was the fun of games. To find the games with cheats or glitches he could take advantage of. He did not see it as a problem because such things are short lived.  Most games plug the holes pretty fast he figured he was helping by making them aware of the problem.