All Categories

OS when to put boost on?

OS when to put boost on?

Search
Jul 15, 2018, 22:5907/15/18
06/25/18

OS when to put boost on?

Hi,

I have been wondering......... This is quite easy to ask, but it might not be what you start in Vikings to ask, so to say... Ok here we go..

When I want to participate in an Onslaught (normal OS), should I put on my 10 minute enemy reducers before I hit the participate button?
OR can I wait till the last minute before the OS is executed (and the starter hit go) ? 

I would like it to be possible ofc to put on the boosts the "last minute" before the starter of the OS hits go, but I don't know if it can be done..

Thanks
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 16, 2018, 11:2707/16/18
Jul 16, 2018, 12:20(edited)
06/14/17

You can wait until the OS commences. Important thing is that boost is active at the moment of reaching the enemy.

On a side note: this also goes for for example yieldig boost. If boost runs out *after* your troops are sent and *before* they reach layer, the boost is not active on that layer.

* Attack, defend, yield: before reaching target.

* March, build, learn: before starting process.

* Will to Live: before troops are killed.

In an OS one typically make sure everyone has put boosts on in chat – then initiator execute the onslaught and boost the march.

How ever, even then it is not certain you won't waste boosts:

[borkof]: Anyone else want to participate?

[simla]: No, let's go

[gandalf]: I want, wait for me to change shaman

[simla]: hurry up, my boosts are running

[gandalf]: I'm in

[borkof]: Everyone boosted and in attack gear?

[yodol]: Oh, crap, I'm in building gear

[simla]: f***! Only have 3m left on boosts.

[yodo]: OK. I'm ready

[simla]: I need to put on new boosts

[simla]: OK, ready

[miimi]: Can I join?

[simla]: …

- 3 minutes later -

[borkof]: OK. Everyone boosts on, Here we go!

[simla]: hahah he shielded

Jul 16, 2018, 12:5107/16/18
Jul 16, 2018, 12:55(edited)
06/25/18

UVUCA said:

You can wait until the OS commences. Important thing is that boost is active at the moment of reaching the enemy.

In an OS one typically make sure everyone has put boosts on in chat – then initiator execute the onslaught and boost the march.

I think the above answers it regarding OS.... Just what I wanted to know..... That you can put boosts on anytime after joining OS but before execution   (Good routine for the former of the OS to tell in chat to check boosts before go)

Jul 20, 2018, 00:5707/20/18
06/02/17
Yes, For OS it has to be live active boosts upon armies clashing. You just remember for place of power if you are defending it works a bit different. Boosts which are active upon entering stick on your troops after they expire so don't burn them.
Jul 26, 2018, 14:4407/26/18
05/08/17
UVUCA said:

On a side note: this also goes for for example yieldig boost. If boost runs out *after* your troops are sent and *before* they reach layer, the boost is not active on that layer.

* Attack, defend, yield: before reaching target.

* March, build, learn: before starting process.

* Will to Live: before troops are killed.

How ever, even then it is not certain you won't waste boosts:

[borkof]: Anyone else want to participate?

[simla]: No, let's go

[gandalf]: I want, wait for me to change shaman

[simla]: hurry up, my boosts are running

[gandalf]: I'm in

[borkof]: Everyone boosted and in attack gear?

[yodol]: Oh, crap, I'm in building gear

[simla]: f***! Only have 3m left on boosts.

[yodo]: OK. I'm ready

[simla]: I need to put on new boosts

[simla]: OK, ready

[miimi]: Can I join?

[simla]: …

- 3 minutes later -

[borkof]: OK. Everyone boosts on, Here we go!

[simla]: hahah he shielded

Do The boosts still work if you add them after the os has been executed.
Aug 28, 2018, 16:4508/28/18
So If send two marches  to an OS one for OS one for reinforcement then boost for attack OS both marches recieve the same boost.   ??? Which march receives the boost. If I have 16 marches out for is or reinforcement and yielding does all marches recieve the boost after I sent them