All Categories

Why train higher tier troops?

Why train higher tier troops?

Search
Comments
Jun 13, 2018, 12:5706/13/18
09/22/17
Yeah, that's a different game. I used to play it for free, but it became pay to win as well.
Jun 13, 2018, 13:0606/13/18
Jun 13, 2018, 13:18(edited)

I understand your point that is quite reasonable but why should one leave the game?

Conquering a city is not trivial if it is guarded by troops and all of them have to be killed, if it is not then it's an unguarded farm and the game should'nt make that advantageous.

Also if avoiding being conquered becomes part of the game it will be more fun (in my opinion) and losing a city, and trying to recover it, would be a standard scenario in the game.

Troops that are sent outside of the city might return and conquer it again.... or be destroyed by the occupant if that is the case.

Seems more fun to me and a way to limit the usefulness of multiple accounts that probably are boring for us to manage, matter of fact I'm considering abandoning the game because of the newfound necessity of multiple accounts for being really successful (takes too much time)

I think that Plarium may collect even more money this way.

Again I'm a newbie so I might be wrong :)

Jun 13, 2018, 13:0806/13/18
06/02/17

skinner said:

@ANESFAN

thanks, you've identified my mistake.

I should change second city location

to this

I got it that I have to use the large relocation tool but I don't know how to do it exactly

bet that you main is in kingdom 569...

got to your city in kingdom 699... go to map, click the kingdom icon, seek the kingdom 569, click it... once you are on the map of kingdom 569, search the location of your main, go there and click a spot near... you will be offered the choose of the novice relocation if you meet the conditions

for more info, look at https://support-portal.plarium.com/en/vikings-web/faq/items/novices-relocation

Jun 13, 2018, 13:2106/13/18
06/02/17

skinner said:

And you are :p

i play a other game very similar but there, you can garrison troop anywhere you want... in this case, you idea for take back cities is possible... can change hero gear on the fly too, no need to wait for hero to be back in own city...

what you are asking is a other game who mean a full new coding... new game mechanic... etc...

Sure, plarium update viking and new add feature from time to time but these new feature are build on the top of the actual code... somehow, it will be more easy to build a new game that trying to change the core engine from one already existing...

Plarium have already plenty of similar game to viking and maybe some day, they will make a new one who implement your idea.

As you say, you are a newbie... if you remain playing viking a long time, you will invest a lot of time and maybe some money in your cities... with time, you will hate the idea to loose fully your city... now, being zeroed is already a pain in the a$$
Jun 13, 2018, 13:3806/13/18

anesfan said:

skinner said:

And you are :p

i play a other game very similar but there, you can garrison troop anywhere you want... in this case, you idea for take back cities is possible... can change hero gear on the fly too, no need to wait for hero to be back in own city...

what you are asking is a other game who mean a full new coding... new game mechanic... etc...

Sure, plarium update viking and new add feature from time to time but these new feature are build on the top of the actual code... somehow, it will be more easy to build a new game that trying to change the core engine from one already existing...

Plarium have already plenty of similar game to viking and maybe some day, they will make a new one who implement your idea.

As you say, you are a newbie... if you remain playing viking a long time, you will invest a lot of time and maybe some money in your cities... with time, you will hate the idea to loose fully your city... now, being zeroed is already a pain in the a$$

Well, I read that you have more than 30 millions troops, as I said that's intimidating and I strongly doubt that you would easily loose one of your cities :)

but at least you should split them among those cities so that more cities will help but will also dilute the troops for protecting them.

In a few words more strategy, more fun and hopefully no necessity of multiple accounts, one will manage them all.

May be...
Jun 13, 2018, 13:5906/13/18
06/02/17

skinner said:

Well, I read that you have more than 30 millions troops, as I said that's intimidating and I strongly doubt that you would easily loose one of your cities :)

30 mil is old news, now it is around 40 mil... plenty of new t6 archer since i have unlock the research for it... and never say never... in 1 year, i have be zeroed 3 time... there is always one stronger or smartest around... or both...

but at least you should split them among those cities so that more cities will help but will also dilute the troops for protecting them.

do it from time to time, i use my other cities as unshielded trap... but if i concentrate troop mainly in one city, it is because of the saturation level in combat... i must be strong enough for resist a onslaught from several big lvl 30 together... last time it have happen, i have barely resist it but i have kill 3.5 mil t5 from the ennemy onslaught...

In a few words more strategy, more fun and hopefully no necessity of multiple accounts, one will manage them all.

i do play in a strategic way... i am not strong enough for brute force... and have plenty of fun... the multiple account are only for rss purpose... you will see when you grow up... everything begin to cost a lot and you will hate the thing called "capacity"... you will produce 20 mil by hour from a type of rss but will reach capacity in 1 hour and production will stop... but you need 100 mil for the next upgrade... so you need send regulary rss elsewhere and stock pile until you have enough for your next research/building...

most clan have player who are bank but i don't trust them anymore... my first clan was with 2 player who act as bank... they have quit the game without warming... result was 2 bank with billion of rss but with shield for at least 6 month... we have wait 1/2 year for have our rss back

Anyway, play 1 year or so... grow strong and we will speak again about the usefulness from secondary account
Jun 13, 2018, 14:0206/13/18
Jun 13, 2018, 14:22(edited)
02/21/18

skinner said:

Thanks Erna,

I'm not sure of the exact meaning of acquiring game advantages in an unfair way, creating a second account is always targeted at acquiring game advantages... when is fair and when not?

Is creating resources only (to be used by the main city) unfair?

I understand on the other hand that inhibiting the creation of additional accounts is near to impossible.

Anyhow there might be a bug, I've created (with a second account) a city that I've then relocated aside my first one.

Weird but they don't appear one aside the other even if coordinates are right, here their locations:

What's wrong here?

Thanks!!

First. 

I am unsure of what it means as well. Seems like a political response.

Though through playing  this game we are all willing victims to a greater or lesser extent, a lot have fallen into the trap of this game in particular, and of modern  life  in general, of impatience, and the need for instant gratification.

This type of game was originally designed such that a player would only have one account, and compete on an equal footing against other such players, or groups of players. 

As mentioned in another post. someone found a loophole, multi-accounting, and exploited it,most of the rest followed like sheep.

If everyone only had one town and was patient ,and the game was totally equal for all players ,there might not be the need for the millions of RSS one says you need to progress.

Given time a player could complete everything that needed RSS, and the game wouldn't need to keep adding things that needed more and more of them with ever expanding of ridiculous amounts of time  for them to complete.

As to your 2nd city problem..

What Anesfan  wrote isn't quite right.

You need to make your new account, and find out where it is, which Kingdom number, and  then move it using the NOVICE RELOCATION (Great relocation is something else)  before you build palace 5.

If you have already gone past palace 5 with your second account you have two options.

#1 Abandon it and start again with another new city, making sure you move it before building palace 6. 

#2 Keep the city and  move it when its Palace 21 using the Drakkar option. 

It may take you quite a while to get to Palace 21. There are all  the other  things you need to do before you get this far. 

The current time needed for me to complete Palace 21 without the in game boosts, is over 7 weeks. 

GOOD LUCK. 

Jun 13, 2018, 14:2506/13/18

Thanks to all you advanced players who have given such valuable insights into the mechanics of higher tiers.

Quite personally I don't like the idea of having to manage something like five accounts for being successful so I'll drop the game,

I'm grateful to you for having disclosed the evolution of this game before I spent too much time with it.

Wish you all the best
Jun 13, 2018, 14:2606/13/18
06/02/17

WDYWTNTF said:

If everyone only had one town and was patient , and the game  was totally equal for all players  there might not be the need for the millions of RSS you say you need to progress

This was true when the max lvl in game was lvl 21... lvl 21 was the cherry on the cake who double the production of your city...

But then plarium have make a few update, city can reach lvl 30 now... increase of production for each new lvl is minimal when compare to the exponential cost of everything...

A other reason who have push me to multiple account is the lack of new player for replace the fallen one... at the begin, when we was a new kingdom, there was plenty of player and the clan was big and alive... with time, some old player quit the game and we end up with a clan where we are few... older kingdom are populated with plenty of small dead cities and there is no new blood... going the way to multiple account is needed for survival purpose...

Manage several cities is a lot of work... i would prefert to have new player in the kingdom/clan and help them to grow... but until plarium find a way to remove all these lvl 1 dead cities and allow repopulation by new player, there is no choice really... the drakar thing have allow big old player to move to younger kingdom but it was not the goal... plarium wanted lvl 21 and above to move to older kingdom... they have fail...
Jun 13, 2018, 14:3106/13/18
06/02/17

skinner said:

Thanks to all you advanced players who have given such valuable insights into the mechanics of higher tiers.

Quite personally I don't like the idea of having to manage something like five accounts for being successful so I'll drop the game,

I'm grateful to you for having disclosed the evolution of this game before I spent too much time with it.

Wish you all the best

You don't need 5... but a secondary help...

Pity that you drop the game, it is a good game... where ever you go, i wish you good luck...

Before leaving, take a look at the forum from the other plarium game... they are all a little different, maybe you will find one who please you... if not, there is plenty of game around who are similar but yet different... soon of later, you will find something who please you...
Jun 13, 2018, 16:0606/13/18
02/21/18

skinner said:

Wish you all the best

I

Though you may have just made a very wise decision. 

Sorry we scarred you off. 

At its heart its a decent enough game. 

Jun 13, 2018, 17:0906/13/18
Jun 13, 2018, 17:14(edited)
02/21/18

anesfan said:

WDYWTNTF said:

If everyone only had one town and was patient , and the game  was totally equal for all players  there might not be the need for the millions of RSS you say you need to progress

This was true when the max lvl in game was lvl 21... lvl 21 was the cherry on the cake who double the production of your city...                                                                                                                                            

Response

I  know the maximum Palace level used to be 21,but would a player have done everything else by then? So the  resources would have  just been used  to replace lost troops perhaps?

But then plarium have make a few update, city can reach lvl 30 now... increase of production for each new lvl is minimal when compare to the exponential cost of everything...

Response

Though I had suspected as much, I may be lucky enough to discover this myself.

A other reason who have push me to multiple account is the lack of new player for replace the fallen one... at the begin, when we was a new kingdom, there was plenty of player and the clan was big and alive... with time, some old player quit the game and we end up with a clan where we are few... older kingdom are populated with plenty of small dead cities and there is no new blood... going the way to multiple account is needed for survival purpose...

Response 

I understand the problem of dwindling numbers  but not how this triggers the need for multi accounts. 

As to survival,  less competition and a no tile hitting policy could mean you could get all the resources needed from tiles 

Manage several cities is a lot of work... i would prefert to have new player in the kingdom/clan and help them to grow... but until plarium find a way to remove all these lvl 1 dead cities and allow repopulation by new player, there is no choice really... the drakar thing have allow big old player to move to younger kingdom but it was not the goal... plarium wanted lvl 21 and above to move to older kingdom... they have fail...

Response

Yes I know about the problems of having more than one account , but not how removing the dead cities and replacing them  with new players would negate the necessity for multi accounts.

Though take your point about assisting  new blood in your kingdom .

However it wouldn't be much fun for them if, new players in an old Kingdom were used in much the same way as new players are used in new Kingdoms , by

#1 expert players  who move to a just opened new Kingdom and use this to their advantage  to take it over. Drive away the novice players  because they don't give them chance to learn the game and establish themselves, let alone  a new order. 

#2 the players you say are using the Drakkar to move to newer Kingdoms instead of older ones and do they . same because they want to be Top Dog there , rather than being second fiddle in an older Kingdom.

We have no idea what the owners  actually wanted expert players  to do with their high level Palaces and bored existence in dead kingdoms. 

I had much suspected that the cries for amalgamation of older Kingdoms,if enacted would be problematic, but we don't have a poll of  what every player thinks on that event.

Would multi-accounters have one vote per kingdom, or one vote per town???????????????

Even if we had a poll its still down to the owners to decide how they want to run the game , and its strikes me that there are 3 reasons for the game as it is now.

#1 The  type and shelf life of the game.

#2 The way the game is run. 

#3 The nature of the players. 

Jun 13, 2018, 20:3606/13/18
06/02/17

WDYWTNTF said:

Response

Though I had suspected as much, I may be lucky enough to discover this myself.

You will... but i want to give you a taste of it...

One research where you need 1.5 billion of each rss... and it is not a research at the bottom of the research tree

Since the topic is about high tier troop... have recently unlock tier 6 archer... look at the cost in silver for only 7k of them... if you want to calculate how much rss i have already spend on t6, look at the top left for see how much t6 i have already train...

yielding, same with a no tile hit thing is not a solution... i will die of old age before making something in this game... there is only 2 ways... sell you home and spend everything on bank offert... or several hyperfarm cities... since i rent, first option is a no go for me...

i don't say that i don't spend some money on bank offert... there is thing that you need as hero energy or shaman energy...
Jun 14, 2018, 00:0606/14/18
02/21/18

Thanks for the insight.

However,its not like I needed another excuse to join the other guy in deciding to quit playing. Have quite a lot of disillusionment already.

I recently started paying more attention to the Knowledge trees and for example, how problematic it is to get anywhere near getting the Shamans improved,both in terms of resources, and the times taken for the completion.

I guess that's why they don't post how much something costs, or how much time to complete it,till you can actually build, or research it.

Probably also explains  why advanced players of longstanding, with high palace levels, are quitting in big numbers. 

Jun 14, 2018, 08:2806/14/18
06/02/17

WDYWTNTF said:

Probably also explains  why advanced players of longstanding, with high palace levels, are quitting in big numbers. 

with lvl 27, i am not yet a "high" level... sure, it is already expensive at my lvl but i am growing slowly...

In my kingdom, most of the big player quitting the game are these who have use their credit card in a intensive way and have done almost everything... they become bored...

The other one, they treasure their city where they have put a lot of work in it and will rarely give up...

I am not in the hurry to reach the finish line because i fear that boredom will then hit me too... for reach the top of the actual game, i will need at least 1 year or more of playing... then, i am sure that plarium will have make some new update for keep the game interesting and alive...

This game have some issues but i like it... nothing is perfect but if i have fun, it is ok
Jun 17, 2018, 10:3606/17/18
05/08/17
anesfan said:

skinner said:

30 mil is old news, now it is around 40 mil... plenty of new t6 archer since i have unlock the research for it... and never say never... in 1 year, i have be zeroed 3 time... there is always one stronger or smartest around... or both...

do it from time to time, i use my other cities as unshielded trap... but if i concentrate troop mainly in one city, it is because of the saturation level in combat... i must be strong enough for resist a onslaught from several big lvl 30 together... last time it have happen, i have barely resist it but i have kill 3.5 mil t5 from the ennemy onslaught...

i do play in a strategic way... i am not strong enough for brute force... and have plenty of fun... the multiple account are only for rss purpose... you will see when you grow up... everything begin to cost a lot and you will hate the thing called "capacity"... you will produce 20 mil by hour from a type of rss but will reach capacity in 1 hour and production will stop... but you need 100 mil for the next upgrade... so you need send regulary rss elsewhere and stock pile until you have enough for your next research/building...

most clan have player who are bank but i don't trust them anymore... my first clan was with 2 player who act as bank... they have quit the game without warming... result was 2 bank with billion of rss but with shield for at least 6 month... we have wait 1/2 year for have our rss back

Anyway, play 1 year or so... grow strong and we will speak again about the usefulness from secondary account
If you produce 20m per hour and your production stops after only one hour how often do you empty your hyper farms as it would be impossible to empty them every hour.
Jun 17, 2018, 13:4506/17/18
06/02/17

Laird Brinni said:

anesfan said:

If you produce 20m per hour and your production stops after only one hour how often do you empty your hyper farms as it would be impossible to empty them every hour.

As often that i can... in the week : before work, mid day and a few time in the evening... during week-end a little more... transfert take around 10-15 min for be done... in middle, i stockpile around 1 bil food/silver/wood and 1/2 bil iron/stone by week... around half of it is used for the stronghold and help clansmate...

When i am away for a long period as holiday, i leave my clan and create a new one... hyperfarm store troop in combat account and drop shield... and my original clansmate attack me regulary for empty my cities of rss... so, i am useful for my clan, same when i am away... during kvk/kvkr, my unshielded hyperfarm are somehow the dead goat who attract vulture from other kingdom... some big player from my kingdom are lurking around and wait for these vulture to land and catch them without shield when they attack the goat...

Hyperfarm are only lvl 26 but when increase level of city, at each level, it unlock 1 research for more production and 2 research for capacity in the economical research tree... so, more i grown, my capacity grown more that the production...

About the topic and why high tier troop... you need them if you attack for have a huge amount of attack point... as you can see in the screenshot of a recent attack on my city... a lvl 31 with a lot of influence have fail to exterminate my huge t1 meat shield... if he have attack with t6, i am not sure he will have win but he will have exterminate all my t1-t2-t3-t4... and he will have be winner in the point for the kvk

Jun 17, 2018, 15:4806/17/18
Jun 18, 2018, 16:07(edited)
05/08/17

anesfan said:

Laird Brinni said:

anesfan said:

As often that i can... in the week : before work, mid day and a few time in the evening... during week-end a little more... transfert take around 10-15 min for be done... in middle, i stockpile around 1 bil food/silver/wood and 1/2 bil iron/stone by week... around half of it is used for the stronghold and help clansmate...

When i am away for a long period as holiday, i leave my clan and create a new one... hyperfarm store troop in combat account and drop shield... and my original clansmate attack me regulary for empty my cities of rss... so, i am useful for my clan, same when i am away... during kvk/kvkr, my unshielded hyperfarm are somehow the dead goat who attract vulture from other kingdom... some big player from my kingdom are lurking around and wait for these vulture to land and catch them without shield when they attack the goat...

Hyperfarm are only lvl 26 but when increase level of city, at each level, it unlock 1 research for more production and 2 research for capacity in the economical research tree... so, more i grown, my capacity grown more that the production...

About the topic and why high tier troop... you need them if you attack for have a huge amount of attack point... as you can see in the screenshot of a recent attack on my city... a lvl 31 with a lot of influence have fail to exterminate my huge t1 meat shield... if he have attack with t6, i am not sure he will have win but he will have exterminate all my t1-t2-t3-t4... and he will have be winner in the point for the kvk

Very useful info I currently use my main account to hyper farm food and my other account for stone, I am only lv24 333m inf with an army size of only 1.2m so I guess I will have to start hyper farming iron and wood too for the monster upgrades. At the moment I have billions of all rss in stocks that I got with gold packs but they won't last for ever unless I get a lot of mega packs with rss in them.

Jun 17, 2018, 18:1506/17/18
06/02/17

Laird Brinni said:

Very useful info I currently use my main account to hyper farm food and my other account for stone, I am only lv24 331m inf with an army size of only 1.2m so I guess I will have to start hyper farming iron and wood too for the monster upgrades. At the moment I have billions of all rss in stocks that I got with gold packs but they won't last for ever unless I get a lot of mega packs with rss in them.

You don't need to hyperfarm everything... i have do it because for a time, i was my own clan with only my 5 cities...

But if you are in a clan with plenty of cities, 2 account is more that enough.... you can transfert what one produce to the other... and exchange surplus with other people who hyperfarm in your clan when needed...

what is important at clan level is to have a balance with the type of hyperfarm... don't need everybody to hyperfarm iron...

second, you need to know what troop speciality you want to do now or later... for training, melee need a lot of food, horse need more stone, archer need more wood, killer need more iron, balista are balanced... these high lvl troop training can eat a lot of rss... maybe you are already a good fighter but soon of later, you always meet a more smart or a more stronger, and you will loose plenty of troop in a battle... retraining a lot of new troop cost huge amount of rss...

As your lvl, inf, and amount of troop, it is not bad... and having reserve is a smart move... don't hurry to grown up, choose the right moment... do something when it count at least in 2 event so you have a max return in gold and goodies for your investment... by example, if you have a kvkr, along with a clan lust for power event and a personal training event, it is the perfect time to train troop because you do point in 3 events...

One important thing, forget about influence... you only need a good balanced city... amount of troop, research and building need to grown together... lvl 31 city with a lot of troop and billion influence but without research backing it is stupid... a lvl 24 as you being smart can beat the crap of cities like me... in fact, the 3-4 time that i was zeroed was with smaller cities that me... if you want to fight, do team with some other from your clan for onslaught...

A important thing too is testing various combat configuration... i usually do it when there is no cvc/kvk/kvkr with a friend from a other clan... he put 100 t1 on a tile and i attack with 100 t1... fine tuning the hero tree, shaman, gear, seeing where i am bad and doing what is needed for become better... 

In real combat, during cvc/kvk/kvkr, if someone beat you, don't be afraid to chat via pm with him and ask info ... i have receive plenty of good advice from people who have beat the crap out of me... and i am sure that i have yet plenty to learn
Jun 18, 2018, 03:2406/18/18
05/08/17
anesfan said:

Laird Brinni said:

Very useful info I currently use my main account to hyper farm food and my other account for stone, I am only lv24 331m inf with an army size of only 1.2m so I guess I will have to start hyper farming iron and wood too for the monster upgrades. At the moment I have billions of all rss in stocks that I got with gold packs but they won't last for ever unless I get a lot of mega packs with rss in them.

You don't need to hyperfarm everything... i have do it because for a time, i was my own clan with only my 5 cities...

But if you are in a clan with plenty of cities, 2 account is more that enough.... you can transfert what one produce to the other... and exchange surplus with other people who hyperfarm in your clan when needed...

what is important at clan level is to have a balance with the type of hyperfarm... don't need everybody to hyperfarm iron...

second, you need to know what troop speciality you want to do now or later... for training, melee need a lot of food, horse need more stone, archer need more wood, killer need more iron, balista are balanced... these high lvl troop training can eat a lot of rss... maybe you are already a good fighter but soon of later, you always meet a more smart or a more stronger, and you will loose plenty of troop in a battle... retraining a lot of new troop cost huge amount of rss...

As your lvl, inf, and amount of troop, it is not bad... and having reserve is a smart move... don't hurry to grown up, choose the right moment... do something when it count at least in 2 event so you have a max return in gold and goodies for your investment... by example, if you have a kvkr, along with a clan lust for power event and a personal training event, it is the perfect time to train troop because you do point in 3 events...

One important thing, forget about influence... you only need a good balanced city... amount of troop, research and building need to grown together... lvl 31 city with a lot of troop and billion influence but without research backing it is stupid... a lvl 24 as you being smart can beat the crap of cities like me... in fact, the 3-4 time that i was zeroed was with smaller cities that me... if you want to fight, do team with some other from your clan for onslaught...

A important thing too is testing various combat configuration... i usually do it when there is no cvc/kvk/kvkr with a friend from a other clan... he put 100 t1 on a tile and i attack with 100 t1... fine tuning the hero tree, shaman, gear, seeing where i am bad and doing what is needed for become better... 

In real combat, during cvc/kvk/kvkr, if someone beat you, don't be afraid to chat via pm with him and ask info ... i have receive plenty of good advice from people who have beat the crap out of me... and i am sure that i have yet plenty to learn
Yes I am not in too much of a hurry to grow to big to fast I am concentrating on my military knowledge before I grow a huge army, I have my T1, T2, and t3 knowlege tree maxed out to lv15 for Health, Defense and offense and am about half way though my t4 tree I have my hero set also maxed out for all troop types and finally ready to stink the rest into a single troop type then I can finally craft the sh armour for my choosing troop which I think will be Killer I will also be using lynx armour for troop and scout traps and sh scout army for scount attacks but at the moment I am not ready but happy to wait also the hero knowledge tree is extremely important too and have a long way to go with that as well.