Mission Interface Redesign!

12 Replies
General T. Winters
Administrator
20 July, 2015, 4:44 PM UTC

Mission Interface Redesign!

Now Even More User Friendly!

Commander!

From now on, ALL Tutorial Missions, Tournaments, Campaign Missions, Bonus Tasks and other operations will be collected under one icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen.

All Missions will now be conveniently categorized:

Completed – Missions found under this header have already been completed. YOU MUST collect your rewards from the Mission window to add them to your account.

Tutorial – These are General Winter’s training missions for new Commanders. Some of his instructions are complex, so take the time to learn how to complete basic tasks. If you want to skip ahead, then refer to the Help section.

Time-sensitive – These Missions will only last for a set period of time. Remember to check this window often to avoid missing out on assignments.

Military – These Missions are related to your military activity. They include tasks that involve building up your forces and interacting with other Sectors.

Construction – These Missions will help you develop and fortify your Sector.

Technologies – This category contains a list of Technologies you are recommended to research or upgrade.

Miscellaneous – Here you will find all other Missions that can provide extra rewards.

If you are new to the Wasteland, it is HIGHLY recommended that you complete Missions in the order they are listed. Otherwise, you could slow down your Sector’s development by depleting Resources inefficiently.

A well-organized army is an unstoppable force. Go conquer the Wasteland with new, deadly efficiency!

END MESSAGE

STRATCOM SECURE TRANSMISSION


UTC +0:00
CK-Basilius Errant Le'reaper
20 July, 2015, 9:54 PM UTC

finally, something we actualy asked for


UTC +0:00
Rhylian
21 July, 2015, 4:48 AM UTC
One request though ... that constantly green bleeping arrow on the left side of my screen is giving me headaches. Please remove it ...
UTC +0:00
General T. Winters
Administrator
21 July, 2015, 9:48 AM UTC

Commander RHYLIAN, this green arrow disappears within few seconds. This is a sign for a Commander not to forget to claim rewards for the Operations completed. Once disappeared, it won't hinder you enjoying the game.

UTC +0:00
Rhylian
21 July, 2015, 1:52 PM UTC
Except it reappears every time I start for example a Mercenary Operation. It start bleeping again. Then next Merc Op I start and finish ... it starts bleeping again .... so yeah it is hindering me A LOT
UTC +0:00
SNOWWHITE
22 July, 2015, 9:12 AM UTC
the green arrow is annoying.
UTC +0:00
General T. Winters
Administrator
22 July, 2015, 11:38 AM UTC
Ok, thanks for this remark, I'll ask what we can do with it.
UTC +0:00
SNOWWHITE
23 July, 2015, 10:27 AM UTC
General T. Winters said:
Ok, thanks for this remark, I'll ask what we can do with it.
Just remove it, the smaller green part with number and a check mark of done ops/stuff is enough to let us know if something is done... really there is no need of that huge blinking arrow its not improving anything and if you are thinking that at least visually is improving the game, trust me its not. 
UTC +0:00
General T. Winters
Administrator
23 July, 2015, 11:37 AM UTC

Commander SNOWWHITE, can I tell you a secret? When TD first appeared, no arrows were shown. We added them as new players didn't know where to look for the missions completed :)
For now I can suggest just claiming the rewards at once so you won't see the arrow afterwards until you get a new mission completed.

UTC +0:00
Rhylian
23 July, 2015, 11:45 AM UTC

Yeah ... one problem with that idea. Because as soon as I finish for example a "engage multiple infests" mission (which is ridiculous to get every freaking day) I might get a: raid 3 sectors. Which is one I DO want. However it disappears in 4 hours because it automatically starts. Now imagine if you get it when you are done with raiding. So poof 4 hours later, gone. So I keep one "finished" mission in case I do get it next so I have it available when I start raiding. And not have "engage multiple infestations" pop up when I start raiding which I don't want.

However this means that every time I start and finish pretty much everything else that annoying green arrow starts popping up.

Soooo yeah your suggestion is a big no-no to me, General ...


UTC +0:00
Smoke
24 July, 2015, 12:59 AM UTC
Rhylian said:

Yeah ... one problem with that idea. Because as soon as I finish for example a "engage multiple infests" mission (which is ridiculous to get every freaking day) I might get a: raid 3 sectors. Which is one I DO want. However it disappears in 4 hours because it automatically starts. Now imagine if you get it when you are done with raiding. So poof 4 hours later, gone. So I keep one "finished" mission in case I do get it next so I have it available when I start raiding. And not have "engage multiple infestations" pop up when I start raiding which I don't want.

However this means that every time I start and finish pretty much everything else that annoying green arrow starts popping up.

Soooo yeah your suggestion is a big no-no to me, General ...


I absolutely agree, this newer system puts everything in one basket, but the awards/rewards are almost non existent now, I wish I could just ignore the whole mess, but that obnoxious Green Arrow is just    p i s s i n g    me off.
Smoke
UTC +0:00
SNOWWHITE
24 July, 2015, 7:33 AM UTC
General T. Winters said:

Commander SNOWWHITE, can I tell you a secret? When TD first appeared, no arrows were shown. We added them as new players didn't know where to look for the missions completed :)
For now I can suggest just claiming the rewards at once so you won't see the arrow afterwards until you get a new mission completed.

How about the icon to be just highlighted when there is something done for collecting, keep the check mark and numbers of done ops, but no blinking and no arrows that pop up ? 
UTC +0:00
General T. Winters
Administrator
24 July, 2015, 1:07 PM UTC

Commander SNOWWHITE, thanks for your suggestion. I'll add it to my report as an alternative.

UTC +0:00
1719981 users registered; 42192 topics; 270358 posts; our newest member:Commander #41747