All Categories

The reward system on Infestations is now secure against unfair play!

The reward system on Infestations is now secure against unfair play!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Jun 30, 2016, 10:5906/30/16
04/05/13

what is plarium going to do to find the balans in game back now "some" players found and used the vulnerability

?
Jun 30, 2016, 22:3006/30/16
12/13/14

@ Biohazard

Is this blog now completely out of date?

Would it be possible to explain how much has changed .. for example, does the superbonus still exist and do infestations each have their own discrete payout amount?

http://plarium.com/en/ask-a-developer/plarium-game-algo/

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 30, 2016, 23:5106/30/16
Jun 30, 2016, 23:52(edited)
10/04/13

Tony Hobson said:

@ Biohazard

Is this blog now completely out of date?

Would it be possible to explain how much has changed .. for example, does the superbonus still exist and do infestations each have their own discrete payout amount?

http://plarium.com/en/ask-a-developer/plarium-game-algo/

Yes, you can still get a superbonus.  The catch is that the negative bank no longer resets periodically, so you will have to load all the troops you won back in before you can get another payout.  Because of this it is impossible to ever make a profit on the infests (unless of course you never do infests again after a big payout and just leave your bank in the negative).  Also, there is some kind of "tax" on all troops loaded into the infests, so generally you'll only win back about 90% of the troops you have loaded.  This adds up very quickly.  Each level 140 infest takes about 10 million offense or defense to kill.  So lets say you kill 5 of them before getting a full payout, meaning you've sent 50 million power to the infests.  If each one gives you a 1 mil mini-payout, then when you kill the fifth one you'd get about 41 million power back.  That plus the 4 mini payouts means you won a total of 45 million power back, and the other 5 million is lost to the tax (you can't win it back by hitting more infests, it's just gone). 

Each infest level doesn't have an exact payout amount (there is some variation) but it does have an approximate maximum value it will give you on a full payout.  Sometimes they pay out far less than this because of plarium's randomization factor, or don't pay out even when you have more than this loaded, and occasionally you'll get a much larger payout (usually in nemesis, tbolts, and exterms), but this is not considered profit since you have to load it back in before you can get any more payouts.  For level 10-125 this max is approximately 65*n^3.14 where n is the level of the infest, from level 125-140 it seems to go up more slowly, with the max being about 300 mil at level 140.  

Note: This is from my own research and has not been confirmed by plarium. 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 1, 2016, 10:0807/01/16
09/17/15
Danny said:

what is plarium going to do to find the balans in game back now "some" players found and used the vulnerability

?
We already took the necessary measures, Danny 
Jul 1, 2016, 10:0907/01/16
09/17/15
leonlacey3737 said:

i agree there, i am not high in the infests but i still do them for troops and for torniments and i loose more troops then i gain and for me that messes me over when i saw the infest changes i thought it was gonna be loose less gain more but no its even worse, now i have to do the higher ones to get rewards and troops, this is rediculous.
Infestations work as they did before. If you used to raid lower levels, you can still raid them. 
Jul 1, 2016, 10:5507/01/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:09(edited)
11/05/14

NIKITA METEOR said:

Commanders, the new reward system on Infestations is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way.

IMPORTANT: The following applies only to new Infestations, i.e. the ones you have not engaged yet.

A few players have identified weaknesses in the Infestation mechanics and exploited them to gain significantly more Units than they were supposed to. Such actions negatively influence the game balance and are unfair to other players. To remedy the situation, we have slightly modified the Infestation mechanics.

Unfortunately, these modifications will also affect those players that engage Infestations utilizing the following strategy:

- First, they almost defeat Morgana at multiple Infestations of different levels, i.e. there is a small number of Morgana’s Units remaining at each one of them.

- Next, they engage Infestations of higher levels, receiving a reward.

- Then, they finish all the remaining Infestations.

This strategy may now be less effective.

These modifications will not influence those players that engage (and finish) the Infestations one at a time.

these change not is small change..... after you change payment sistem, it isn't more possible play these game 1- it isn't possible, else in infestation lev. 100 +, to take back a "decent" number of troups and else in intermedial lev. , the power necessary to put down is more upper , and else spending a big amount is very difficult play, taking back a very small number of troups.So, after mor as 260 euro spended today not think take mone 1 cent from me...... sorry..... Eugenio Franzoni  uid 3917447 / fb100000228466624 / Geotopia / segment00

Jul 1, 2016, 12:5207/01/16
04/05/13

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Danny said:

?

We already took the necessary measures, Danny 

Alyona can you be more clear about that or is it only the infest system thats  changes or have you done more measures.
Jul 4, 2016, 15:0807/04/16
04/26/13

Replayability ... completely new possibilities for my army ... invest some money and time ... and now Morgana my money and my work .... erases

Plarium gentlemen , if you put your money into something and your time , the game must be reliable

I understand losing my troops against my enemies ... but I take them off the game itself ... sorry ... I do not like this

game over

Jul 9, 2016, 05:3807/09/16

That is why i has left doing infests long ago when first change to the infest system is done.

I already knew that time that this regular changes to infest System is not going to stop.
Jul 14, 2016, 17:3107/14/16
02/24/15

i was expecting answer to my comment and questions .. not to be deleted 

what are you going to do with raid system ?????
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 15, 2016, 02:1607/15/16
10/04/13
Morgoth said:

As far as I'm aware there aren't any changes planned to the raiding system. 
Jul 15, 2016, 12:1507/15/16
Jul 18, 2016, 12:57(edited)
02/24/15
BiohazarD said:

Morgoth said:

am talking about cheating in raid system using crystals 
Jul 18, 2016, 12:5907/18/16
09/17/15
Morgoth said:

BiohazarD said:

Morgoth said:

If you notice any suspicious activity, please report it to our Support Team, they will take the necessary measures.
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 19, 2016, 18:1807/19/16
10/04/13
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Morgoth said:

BiohazarD said:

Morgoth said:

If you notice any suspicious activity, please report it to our Support Team, they will take the necessary measures.
I notified support of this trick a while ago, apparently it's not a cheat, just a special method that players can discover and use to their advantage. 
Jul 20, 2016, 10:0407/20/16
09/17/15
BiohazarD said:

I notified support of this trick a while ago, apparently it's not a cheat, just a special method that players can discover and use to their advantage. 
If you mean using Items to get more points, it's not a cheat. But still, it's a good thing to report anything suspicious. We strive to make this game fair for all players 
Jul 21, 2016, 01:4707/21/16
03/24/15

I'm not understanding something here maybe?

The infests system was changed because there was a group of people who discovered a 'special method' to do infests and get maximum rewards from them, right?

Now another group of people discover a 'special method ' to do raids and get maximum rewards too. Just the small difference is that here they have to use Crystals.( i believe they become ITEMS when needed )

There is some very thin line that makes the difference between good and bad, I wonder what is it ?

Please help me understand

Most respect

M

Jul 21, 2016, 11:3807/21/16
09/17/15

Marsiliana said:

I'm not understanding something here maybe?

The infests system was changed because there was a group of people who discovered a 'special method' to do infests and get maximum rewards from them, right?

Now another group of people discover a 'special method ' to do raids and get maximum rewards too. Just the small difference is that here they have to use Crystals.( i believe they become ITEMS when needed )

There is some very thin line that makes the difference between good and bad, I wonder what is it ?

Please help me understand

Most respect

M

Yes, there are tricks to raid more Resources (which don't require using Items. And there is a way to place in TOP rankings with Item usage. Both of the methods were not determined as exploits or cheats. Those are tricks, but they don't give an unfair advantage to players who use them. 

But the exploit with the Infestations did. This is not a subject to debate as the decision is already made, and the update won't be reversed. If you were playing in a fair way, there's nothing to worry about.
Jul 22, 2016, 18:0707/22/16
Aug 3, 2019, 12:07(edited)
its simple.  they lost money with infestations, so they changed the system. using crystals to raid makes money, so nothing will change . they say players took an unfair advantage but yet everyone had that same system/advantage. just some players took there message to figure it out yourself to heart. and did just that. taking a base form 2mill to 50mill using zero dollars within 2 week time.
Jul 23, 2016, 01:5807/23/16
Jul 23, 2016, 02:45(edited)
05/02/15

If negative bank never resets anymore you better not use a single troop actually playing the game (attacking/defending other human players/emitters etc).  If you lose troops from your long awaited far from equitable payout you will have to wait months to cook troops to replace them in bank. recruiting troops needs to be sped up by x100.  I am rapidly losing faith in the infestation system after being its biggest supporter (and spender).  I will soon make one more run... returning everything I have to infests and if a mega payout does not happen my new sector name will be, "USER DELETED".

Imagine, finally getting that great payout (I doubt it) and you lose, say 30 mill on an emitter attack.  Negative bank never resets so now you need to recruit 30 mill in troops just to bring your bank to zero.  Um... that's like 47.28 years of recruiting at current speeds to begin earning new troops from infests.  RFLMAO!! 

PLARIUM?

Good Luck Plarium.  You are killing all the geese that have been laying golden eggs for you trying to get them faster and faster.

BUSTA-NUT

Jul 23, 2016, 10:1207/23/16
Aug 26, 2019, 12:03(edited)
That change Plarium made will kill the game. Too many people lost their whole armies due to infest change and have no means to get it back unless spending 1000$. In my opinion they will now want to get as much money as they can before everyone that buy Crystals will leave.