All Categories

Clan Missions: Evaluate and Improve Clan Spirit!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Apr 22, 2015, 13:2004/22/15

Clan Missions: Evaluate and Improve Clan Spirit!

It has only been a month since the Clan Missions feature hit Total Domination, but it has already kicked up a lot of nuclear dust. I’ve been getting a lot of questions on them - “How do I get these Missions?”, “What are the rewards?” – stuff like that. Here are your answers!

Completing Clan Missions means rewards for everyone – no Clan Member is left without. Still, players are asking: "What’s the point of Clan Missions?"

I’ll break it down for you - Clan Missions are based on principle of teamwork. None of us is as good as all of us! With the contribution of one or a few Commanders, the Clan can expect basic rewards – nothing too special. But if everyone gets in on it, the Clan is in the running for a big Reward Pack – and huge prizes. So gather your Clan members and get going! Train troops, destroy enemies at Emitters or complete the Mercenary Ops. Everyone should be proving their worth with these Missions.

So, what are the benefits of the Clan Mission completion? Here is a brief overview:

1. Raising team spirit — this challenge is certainly a great way to unite all your Clan members with one common goal.

2. This game element allows the Clan Leaders to monitor the activity of their Commanders on a daily basis and to determine who’s giving their best – and more importantly, who isn’t! These Clans also have the potential to “wake up” players who might have been “hibernating” for some time, as the whole Clan will see if someone isn’t contributing, and push them to take part.

3. Regular rotation of different Missions –Total Domination has hundreds of thousands players who each have different strengths and tactics. Every player, and every Clan, will have different strong points, and with this system they can choose to partake in the Missions that suit them best.

4. Your soldiers don’t need to be sacrificed to reach some of the new Clan Mission goals - for example, one of the Missions has you train troops, and another has you complete Merc Ops. So, in fact, players effectively get the Resources, Units and Boosts that are the rewards for these Missions for free! You can go on to use these Units and Resources in Clan Wars and the more battle-centric Clan Missions, and make your Clan stronger and stronger every day!

5. The Mission rewards are shared evenly between everyone in the Clan. Even players who weren’t active during the Mission and didn’t participate will receive rewards if the Clan is successful – that is, as long as they log in regularly enough to claim the prize!

6. Rewards are received in the form of Reward Packs, which can be claimed from the Black Market for maximal convenience.

Now, let's discuss the details, some of which have caused players some confusion:

1. Clan Missions are not issued to everyone. Some Clans may not have them available at a given time. If your Clan is currently involved in a Clan Challenge, and there are two or more active Global Tournaments and/or a special Discount/Promotion, then you will not be able to take part in a Clan Mission that is issued. If the global event finishes, or your Clan Challenge comes to an end, and the Clan Mission is still active, it will suddenly become visible to you and you can take part for the remaining time.

2. At first glance, the rewards may not seem so impressive when compared with the scale of work Clan Missions require of Clans. However, when you consider that every Clan member gets a Reward Pack, and multiply the reward by the number of Clan Members, you’ll see that it’s very lucrative!

3. When a Reward Pack is opened, its contents are immediately sent to their respective places: any troops report to the Bunker while the Resources, Boosts and other game items are shipped directly to the Black Market. This may seem unusual at first, but eventually you'll get used to it. When you’re in a pinch, just hit up the Black Market and start opening all your prizes!

4. Nothing lasts forever! Reward will expire in 3 days, so be quick to activate them while you can. Don’t let them go to waste! This also serves to prevent inactive members from benefiting from Missions they didn’t help complete.

5. Some of the Clan Missions require investments. It’s up to the players, with the guidance of their Clan management, to make the tough strategic choices with regards to putting their armies at risk for a shot at the biggest rewards or playing it safe but missing out. This isn’t a popular social network-based farm development game - this is a war strategy MMO, after all!

The bottom line is that this feature will change both individual and team gameplay, and every player and Clan can and should develop their own strategies and policies for Clan Missions task completion.

Don’t miss out on these opportunities, Commanders!

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 23, 2015, 11:3404/23/15
08/02/14

@General T. Winters (22 April, 2015, 1:20 PM UTC):
I have a couple questions...

When are the points for Clan Missions rewarded, and what contributes how many points?

I know for raids and Mercenary Ops, 1 resource/Op is 1 point.

Mercenary Op points are awarded on acceptance, raids are awarded when the troops return.

But what about Infestations, Emitter takedowns, troop hunting and troop training?

I know Infestations (and probably Emitter takedowns) award points on completion (IE destroying the Infestation), but what about troop hunting and training?

I feel like the game sometimes ignores my troops trained, so I ask 'When does the game award me points for training/destroying troops?'

And 'How many points does it award me?'

Apr 23, 2015, 13:4304/23/15
Oct 26, 2020, 12:02(edited)

Commander, thanks for your question.

you are absolutely right, the Clan Mission points are counted at different stages depending on the Clan activity.

When you get the Mission to train troops, you get the points after starting the troops production queue. So no troops can be ignored.
The only thing when you don't receive the points is when you are forming the troops queue when the Clan Mission has been already finished.

When it goes about destruction of the enemy units, either Morgana's kids or players troops, the points are added when the hostile units are actually destroyed.

BiohazarDModerator
Apr 23, 2015, 17:0404/23/15
10/04/13

fakeasnever said:

@General T. Winters (22 April, 2015, 1:20 PM UTC):
I have a couple questions...

When are the points for Clan Missions rewarded, and what contributes how many points?

I know for raids and Mercenary Ops, 1 resource/Op is 1 point.

Mercenary Op points are awarded on acceptance, raids are awarded when the troops return.

But what about Infestations, Emitter takedowns, troop hunting and troop training?

I know Infestations (and probably Emitter takedowns) award points on completion (IE destroying the Infestation), but what about troop hunting and training?

I feel like the game sometimes ignores my troops trained, so I ask 'When does the game award me points for training/destroying troops?'

And 'How many points does it award me?'

You get points when you add troops to the queue (ie when you hit the build button), not when the troops finish building and appear in your sector. 

The number of points seems to be the same as the number of pvp points you would get for killing the troops (so a combination of the power and type of troop)

BiohazarDModerator
Apr 25, 2015, 06:0504/25/15
May 7, 2015, 07:57(edited)
10/04/13

Btw here's what is in each level of the clan mission rewards. 

Basic:

Standard:

Exclusive:

Elite:

Jun 14, 2015, 20:2906/14/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:04(edited)
11/05/14

This was my idea Mr winters. Would be nice if you were to send some crystals my direction for coming up with the idea that your developers ended up adding to game. Just sayin... 

Jun 24, 2015, 09:5906/24/15
Oct 26, 2020, 12:02(edited)

Commander NUT Shot,a lot of like-minded players brought such idea to us. It's a pleasure for us to improve the game and add new features suggested by our Commanders.

And I guess, you did it not for crystals, but for the Wasteland Clans, right? 

Jul 27, 2015, 03:0407/27/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:55(edited)
11/05/14

I would like to see a common bank in the clan, where members could deposit resources for the withdrawal and use of all clan members.

Short probation period to apply before getting access ( one month or so ) to common bank.

This would solidify members in a clan rather than a lot of clan hopping .