All Categories

True Commander or some greenhorn?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Sep 12, 2016, 19:1709/12/16

Prove that you are not some greenhorn, but a true Commander!

Will new moon come soon? By just glancing at the picture, every experienced Commander can figure that out.

1,000 Crystals will go to one of the Commanders to give the correct answer!

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 12, 2016, 20:2009/12/16
Sep 12, 2016, 20:21(edited)
08/02/14

@General T. Winters (12 September, 2016, 7:17 PM UTC):
I suppose it does matter which side is east, but I would say yes.

Sep 13, 2016, 02:0709/13/16
11/29/13

I love these questions! I really enjoy being able to just sit down and think, hard for a bit. (Thanks plarium! Keep it up!)

We should start out by (assuming) saying the sun is likely setting.

With that in mind, the shadows are pointing west, as the sun rises in the east.

We have direction.

We also know the moon is lit up by the sun. And just by looking at the moon, we know the sun is (if we where facing the moon) at about 10-11 O'clock 'behind' the moon.

With this info, and the position of the shadows, we know the sun is 'forward' of us picture-lookers (due to shadows), and because of how the moon is lit, (we know the sun is 'behind' the moon) the moon is between us and the sun, which means it is in front of us in the sky, not behind us in the sky.

Now we have to realize the 'moon' in the pool of, (mutagen? Or Uranium?) IS a reflection of the real thing.

Its like looking at yourself in the mirror. Touch your right shoulder, and your reflection will touch it's right shoulder, still (according to your perspective) on your own right side Point of view as well.

However, because the moon is 'in front' of us, we can easily relate the lit, left side of the moon int he reflection, to a moon who's left side is also lit (A mirror image)

With that being said, the lit part of the moon would look the same as if it where in the sky, and not turned around.

Now, in relation to our view, the moon, as it goes through it's phases, pans from right to left. Starting with a sliver on the right side, going to full moon, then fading to the left throughout the nights before hitting new moon.

This moon is in it's last few stages of fading off the the left; a 'Waning Crest' as astronomers would call it.

The Full moon has passed already, and the New moon will come very shortly.

"BUT WAIT!" you might be saying right now. "What if you are in the Southern hemisphere where the moon phases from left to right?

Keep in mind the sun STILL rises in the east and sets in the west, as well as the moon and stars.

And SHH. I dont want to dive into all that stuff. So just assume with me we are in the norther hemisphere ;3

Short answer: new moon comin soon!

Sep 29, 2016, 07:5109/29/16
03/02/16

It is time to announce the result of our competition!

1,000 Crystals are going to COOLREXTREME!

Congratulations!

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.