All Categories

R.I.P

R.I.P

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jun 7, 2016, 00:4106/07/16

R.I.P

Sportsman of the Century by Sports Illustrated.

What a sad sad morning it was. I wasn't even born when he fought but yet at the age of 13, in a remote town with no Internet or phone I knew who he was. The whole world knows who he is. He inspired thousands who got bullied to stand up for themselves and learn to fight

Considered by many to be the greatest boxer of all time, he made a name for himself at the Rome Olympics in 1960, where he won the Gold medal in heavyweight boxing, though at the time he was known as Cassius Clay. Shortly after claiming the heavyweight title from Sonny Liston, he converted to Islam and changed his name to Muhammad Ali. He would go on to win the title twice more, amassing a total record of 56 wins and 5 losses in his career, including 3 legendary bouts with Joe Frazier and Ken Norton, as well as one against George Foreman. 

However, Ali's greatness stretches beyond the world of boxing. His objections against the war in Vietnam made him a cultural icon, and his persona outside of the ring made him a champion of the people. Needless to say, he will truly be missed. RIP

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 9, 2016, 00:3106/09/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14

R. I. P Champ

always will be the greatest!
Jun 9, 2016, 00:5206/09/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14
R.I.P
Jun 9, 2016, 01:3906/09/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:59(edited)
11/05/14
sirnuto merlin said:

Sportsman of the Century by Sports Illustrated.

What a sad sad morning it was. I wasn't even born when he fought but yet at the age of 13, in a remote town with no Internet or phone I knew who he was. The whole world knows who he is. He inspired thousands who got bullied to stand up for themselves and learn to fight

Considered by many to be the greatest boxer of all time, he made a name for himself at the Rome Olympics in 1960, where he won the Gold medal in heavyweight boxing, though at the time he was known as Cassius Clay. Shortly after claiming the heavyweight title from Sonny Liston, he converted to Islam and changed his name to Muhammad Ali. He would go on to win the title twice more, amassing a total record of 56 wins and 5 losses in his career, including 3 legendary bouts with Joe Frazier and Ken Norton, as well as one against George Foreman. 

However, Ali's greatness stretches beyond the world of boxing. His objections against the war in Vietnam made him a cultural icon, and his persona outside of the ring made him a champion of the people. Needless to say, he will truly be missed. RIP

rest in peace champ!