All about infests

198 Replies
BiohazarD
Moderator
10 January, 2015, 5:03 PM UTC

There's no difference, both offense and defense have the same amount of power, just different troop types and numbers. 

Force is the total amount of offense or defense points the troops in the infest have. 

UTC +0:00
NONE
8 February, 2015, 9:44 PM UTC

Hi Guys!

I have a question about the infest bank. Does the bank reset to zero once it paid? Or the bank never reset that means bank tracks everything from beginning and only add (when loading) and subtracts (when paid out)?

Over the time I have deposited 34M resources and it seems I wont be getting it back. Also, these days I am not getting paid in the high infest level. so after depositing lots of resources and not being paid I had to kill lower ones and my resources get lost over time. 

Can you guys suggests me some tips how I can get back my lost troops?

Thanks!

NONE

NONE
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
9 February, 2015, 4:18 AM UTC

Yes, if you hit a lower level when you have a lot of resources loaded, you get a payout but your bank decreases by more than the value of the payout (this is called overloading). 

UTC +0:00
Atzelo
15 February, 2015, 5:53 PM UTC

Hi guys! I'm a bit confused with the loading thing...

Just a simple question.

Is loading affected by troops u loose at sites or loading is a long term activation upon having resources running 24/7 when u produce troops etc? Cause if its the second that means i can load my bank by not attacking at all correct? 

Thanks in advance keep the tips coming! 

 

 

UTC +0:00
Ayo CK
15 February, 2015, 8:32 PM UTC

Atzelo said:

Hi guys! I'm a bit confused with the loading thing...

Just a simple question.

Is loading affected by troops u loose at sites or loading is a long term activation upon having resources running 24/7 when u produce troops etc? Cause if its the second that means i can load my bank by not attacking at all correct? 

Thanks in advance keep the tips coming! 

 

 

loading/banking.... is happening when your troops die by attacking infest.

UTC +0:00
fakeasnever
Moderator
16 February, 2015, 4:21 PM UTC

About payouts in Infestations, payouts are based on the resource value of troops lost during battles, and then payed back when the bank reaches a certain amount, etc., right?

So based on this, wouldn't it be easier to load infestations by sending troops to the wrong Infestation type?

 

Edit 1:
Yes, I know this would probably take much longer to kill an Infestation, but it's still worth thinking about, to me.

If Internet Explorer still asks to be your default browser, then you can do anything :D
UTC +0:00
CK-Pimp Diggler
16 February, 2015, 5:30 PM UTC

There are more than enough infest so that you dont have to do this.  Its a waste of time IMHO.

UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
16 February, 2015, 8:07 PM UTC

fakeasnever said:

About payouts in Infestations, payouts are based on the resource value of troops lost during battles, and then payed back when the bank reaches a certain amount, etc., right?

So based on this, wouldn't it be easier to load infestations by sending troops to the wrong Infestation type?

 

Edit 1:
Yes, I know this would probably take much longer to kill an Infestation, but it's still worth thinking about, to me.

This used to work, but now troops loaded into the wrong type of infest don't count their full banking value.  This was done because people were exploiting it to get payouts on every single infest, and it allowed them to win troops way too quickly. 

UTC +0:00
fakeasnever
Moderator
16 February, 2015, 11:00 PM UTC

@BiohazarD (16 February, 2015, 8:07 PM UTC):
Heh, they'd have to mix it in to get anywhere without overloading the bank   lol

Seriously, a Battlecruiser has 90 or so defence... And it's like 25K resources. That's some serious banking power lol

Thanks.

If Internet Explorer still asks to be your default browser, then you can do anything :D
UTC +0:00
Maniakaal
19 February, 2015, 4:55 PM UTC

For those who like to see a 4 day run on task-infest from level 62 - 100 pay outs: http://forum.plarium.com/en/total-domination/game-discussion/topics/screenshots-page/4/#8879/   for run on Plarium Server

 

and for a same run on Geotopia (Facebook version of the game) https://www.facebook.com/smartbomb0/photos

 

Mania

Mania DCL R3volution, founder Dutch Elite Force, ex-moderator TD-forum
UTC +0:00
Prince Orcus DiVargo
21 February, 2015, 4:32 AM UTC

Out of curiosity guys, how often is the global events? Like what's the usual space between them?

 

 

JR.
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
22 February, 2015, 5:09 AM UTC

Prince Orcus DiVargo said:

Out of curiosity guys, how often is the global events? Like what's the usual space between them?

 

 

They usually last 1-2 weeks, and there's usually 2 weeks in between them.  So figure one every 3-4 weeks. 

UTC +0:00
fakeasnever
Moderator
25 February, 2015, 1:10 AM UTC

@Maniakaal (28 December, 2014, 12:05 PM UTC):
Huh... Apparently you can win Valkyries and Cyberdogs too   ;)   lol

If Internet Explorer still asks to be your default browser, then you can do anything :D
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
25 February, 2015, 9:06 AM UTC

fakeasnever said:

@Maniakaal (28 December, 2014, 12:05 PM UTC):
Huh... Apparently you can win Valkyries and Cyberdogs too   ;)   lol

Yeah, only on the really low level ones though. 

UTC +0:00
Spartacus
25 February, 2015, 5:24 PM UTC

yup batlecruiser and fighters and light tanks and  extermator it for infest

peter
UTC +0:00
Anger
26 February, 2015, 5:29 AM UTC

Infests are OK until we have these events, which I really feel is affecting the math... instead of a large troop payout you get missiles instead for some bs reward... for the love of god, put them on separate loot tables.

 

UTC +0:00
fakeasnever
Moderator
26 February, 2015, 1:12 PM UTC

@Anger (26 February, 2015, 5:29 AM UTC):
I'm pretty sure they're already on 'separate loot tables'.

You win the item as long as you clear the Infestation, and payouts shouldn't be affected by this.

If Internet Explorer still asks to be your default browser, then you can do anything :D
UTC +0:00
Saad Malik
26 February, 2015, 2:45 PM UTC

BiohazarD said:

better to hit higher levels, you get more items that way, and if you do it right you'll win back the troops you lose. 

Can you please explain what do you mean by "if you do it right"?

UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
26 February, 2015, 7:21 PM UTC

Saad Malik said:

BiohazarD said:

better to hit higher levels, you get more items that way, and if you do it right you'll win back the troops you lose. 

Can you please explain what do you mean by "if you do it right"?

I mean make sure you max out your resources before you get a payout, and follow the banking chart. 

UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
26 February, 2015, 7:24 PM UTC

Anger said:

Infests are OK until we have these events, which I really feel is affecting the math... instead of a large troop payout you get missiles instead for some bs reward... for the love of god, put them on separate loot tables.

 

I haven't found that I get worse payouts during global missions.  Payouts do seem to be lower than they were about a month ago, but I still average a 6-8% profit each time.  

UTC +0:00
1658604 users registered; 33335 topics; 251609 posts; our newest member:Commander #2535351