All Categories

Windows firefox and chrome issue

Search
May 17, 2017, 13:1105/17/17

I have opened a support ticket and getting nowhere.  In the windows version of the game both firefox and chrome have this issue.  Clearing cache doesn't help.  When you go to the kingdom and try and use the offensive frame, the scroll bar doesn't work.  So if you want to gather resources or attack you have the option of the first 3 troop types.  I have sent pictures, video and get no where with support.   The game is pointless if your not willing to fix this in windows.  Sadly I spent money as well before knowing about it so its a bit frustrating if I have to walk away because the game is broken.  At least I can share it here just in case someone else wants to use windows.  Obviously so far the company isn't interested in fixing the problem.
Views
Comments
Comments
May 17, 2017, 13:4705/17/17
Funny support quickly gave me the same document.   Its not an issue with loading the game.  This is an actual bug in the one frame.  All other scroll bar frames work.  I sent them a demo video to show them that other frames with scroll bars work.  Example the bank.  This is an actual bug.   I have several years of experience in the software industry and did a little checking to ensure that its not a browser issue.   Also having tested it on both chrome and firefox it demonstrates that its not browser specific.   I would try it on IE 11 but thats totally broken and throws errors all over the place.  The game won't even come up and when I turned on the browser debug its obvious that it wasn't tested.
May 17, 2017, 14:3505/17/17

After sending pictures and a demo video of the issue and explaining in detail exactly what is wrong this is the response I get from support.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plarium Support Team | 5/17/2017 | 2:47 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lord,

Thank you for your e-mail. The game works correctly. Please try to clean the cache of your browser. Try to use full screen view. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to contact us, we'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Your Plarium Support Team

May 17, 2017, 15:0005/17/17
04/26/17
Can you attach screenshot so we can see your problem too?
May 17, 2017, 16:4905/17/17

This is the image of the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Wbb1TFmGqYSkhhYzdrSEhHWTg/view?usp=sharing

This is the demo I created.  Its a webm file type.  It shows that I can go to the bank and scroll.

But when I try and do an offensive task then the scroll bar doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Wbb1TFmGqYcDdTTmptdGlCQTg/view?usp=sharing

Not sure how long you can access these.  I wasn't able to record it when it goes into full screen.  It is the same behavior both ways.

May 18, 2017, 09:4305/18/17
04/26/17
kow.throne said:

This is the image of the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Wbb1TFmGqYSkhhYzdrSEhHWTg/view?usp=sharing

This is the demo I created.  Its a webm file type.  It shows that I can go to the bank and scroll.

But when I try and do an offensive task then the scroll bar doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Wbb1TFmGqYcDdTTmptdGlCQTg/view?usp=sharing

Not sure how long you can access these.  I wasn't able to record it when it goes into full screen.  It is the same behavior both ways.

Ty for the video. What resolution do you have? It might be problem with nonstandard resolution for notebooks etc
May 18, 2017, 11:2205/18/17
its not a resolution issue.   I have turned on developer tools in Chrome.  There are some errors in the java script  and how they are rendering the screen.  Obviously nobody from the company is eager to address the issue.   I guess most people are using phones or tablets which there isn't an issue.  So being a person on a laptop I am probably a very small percentage.   So for those like me who want to use a desktop or laptop we are out of luck on this game.  I could probably take the time to address the java script but it could be overwritten the next time I start the game.  Not worth my time.  
May 18, 2017, 13:5605/18/17
05/02/17

The very strange issue. I have never seen such bug... 

May 18, 2017, 18:5505/18/17

well update its now even worse then ever.   Now when I go to attack either a city or resource it crashes.  I am very disappointed.   Not sure if they don't fix this, if I am going to stay with this game.   If your interested here is the latest.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Wbb1TFmGqYcEpMV0FYcVh1clk
May 19, 2017, 08:5005/19/17
05/02/17

what a hell is going on?

this is one of the reasons why I play via emulator. 

May 19, 2017, 23:2105/19/17
good luck to you on this game.  I have given up that its not going to be fixed.  Will go find another game.
May 20, 2017, 11:1605/20/17

I have also submitted a ticket. Two actually. One where the game keeps crashing when I select certain Assailants camps on the map. The second ticket is the most critical. The pc version of the game does not allow you to equip any armor on your hero!  The button is completely flat, greyed out. It does nothing. It's been a week with no response from support. I contacted the group on Facebook and was told to be patient. 

My character is severely gimped without the bonuses from gear. I started another character on the phone version. The gear works fine on there. Unfortunately I spent quite a bit of money already on the PC version and if I have to abandon that game, it's going to hurt to start all over!  I don't feel that the PC game was adequately tested before release. Crafting gear is a huge part of the game.

Is there a list anywhere of known bugs and a time estimate of when this will be fixed? I keep getting messages from my Order leader advising me to get proper gear. I need some help, please!

I use Chrome, but it's not the browser. It's in the game coding. Someone forgot to activate that button. I have crafted gear that's way out of date now since I have leveled past it, without ever getting to wear it.

Dikiny on Forberg
May 24, 2017, 09:5205/24/17
04/26/17

Tell us your computer specs, please

May 24, 2017, 09:5405/24/17
04/26/17
Oh btw, Did you know that your Hero must be in Town to equip him?
May 25, 2017, 11:5805/25/17

That was it, Jake!!  I had no idea about the hero needing to be in town to "dress." No message either to explain.  So my gear is functioning now but I do have a question. Does your hero need to be in town for the boosts to production to be in effect? If she's out gathering, do her stats effect the other gathering groups at all, or only the one she's on at the time?

The crashing is still happening. I have pinned it down to assailant camps on the map that are occupied by my own Order. It will instantly crash with an Internal Error message.  Occasionally I get the message that there is no such camp when I attempt to go to one. it's like my map isn't updating frequently enough.  I play the PC version side by side with my phone and I can see the differences. 

To this day, I have never received an email in response to my ticket. That isn't very good customer service. They should at least acknowledge the ticket with some ETA or something. List the known bugs on the forum, so we know they are working on them.  

I have a home built computer. Asus Z87-Plus Motherboard, Intel i7 4770 cpu @ 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Corsair high performance RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 980 video card, Soundblaster soundcard. Running Windows 7 Professional (64 bit). All Windows drivers are up to date and current.
May 25, 2017, 15:1305/25/17
04/26/17

Yes, Your Hero must be in the Town before you start Building\Research process to make effect form his skills. And i siggest you to download this app, it might a little help https://plarium.com/en/plarium-games/

May 26, 2017, 17:0505/26/17

Jake

I downloaded the software you recommended but it still didn't fix my scroll bar when I go to try and gather resources or attack a city.  I still can only see the first 3 troop types.   The crashing disappeared.   Not sure why I can't scroll to add other troop types.  I am basically not able to play the game since I am not going to have a bazillion of the lowest 3 troop types to do anything with.
May 29, 2017, 12:3305/29/17
04/26/17
kow.throne said:

Jake

I downloaded the software you recommended but it still didn't fix my scroll bar when I go to try and gather resources or attack a city.  I still can only see the first 3 troop types.   The crashing disappeared.   Not sure why I can't scroll to add other troop types.  I am basically not able to play the game since I am not going to have a bazillion of the lowest 3 troop types to do anything with.
So u probably play on notebook or tablet?
May 30, 2017, 13:0305/30/17
I am on a windows 7 laptop. 
May 30, 2017, 15:0005/30/17
04/26/17
kow.throne said:

I am on a windows 7 laptop. 
Yes this game has issues with resolutions on laptop. Btw you can download emulator (Bluestacks for example) it might help
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.