All Categories

The Bad Mechanics of Teleporting and Shielding

Search
Aug 22, 2017, 03:1208/22/17
1 minute

First I want to say I like the teleporting and shield abilities in the game as they are needed for many things and help people.  But there are few thing they are used for that really should not be possible to do in the game.

Problem:  Teleporting next to your target so you can attack them in 10 seconds.  This kinda defeats the whole purpose of having a guard     tower and warning.  Also make it not possible to send help to defend.  It just something that the game would better off without.

Fix:  After teleporting you cannot send an attack for 1 hour or ( X amount of time)

Problem: Attacking someone the instantly shielding so no counter attack or revenge can be done. (very cheap if done after teleporting next to your target)

Fix: After attacking anothers players base or troops you cannot shield or teleport for 1 hour.  This would make you actually think about attacking......

Think these changes would make the game much more enjoyable.
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 22, 2017, 07:4208/22/17
04/27/17

pirhana7 said:

Fix:  After teleporting you cannot send an attack for 1 hour or ( X amount of time)

Fix: After attacking anothers players base or troops you cannot shield or teleport for 1 hour.  This would make you actually think about attacking......

No, thanks. It's unacceptable to me.

Aug 22, 2017, 14:0508/22/17
05/04/17

Master said:

yep. for me too. it will be endless wait.

Aug 22, 2017, 20:4908/22/17
Aug 22, 2017, 21:00(edited)
1 minute

Your_Darkness_Queen said:

Master said:

yep. for me too. it will be endless wait.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thats only if you rely on teleporting to attack someone which sounds like that is the only way you play....That what we want to get rid of.....  We basically want you to put your base somewhere and leave it there and just attack from that spot.... like all the other strategy games do.  So teleporting is only something you do when you really want to move to a new spot or the start a Event War.  But yah you actually do all your attacks from your base location that you stay at.....and the attacks have to actually travel....

Aug 23, 2017, 07:2008/23/17
Aug 23, 2017, 07:24(edited)

Hi there! I think, that it's bad idea. It will be so uncomfortable for attack.

Aug 23, 2017, 08:3808/23/17
Aug 23, 2017, 08:42(edited)

There are other things that are in place to make you think before you attack:

1. The defender can have endless troops. Troops don't starve if you hit 0 food, and so you can just train more troops than even 100 march limits can hold. Even if they're all T1, you still beat a full T5 march.
  2. There can be a significant amount of high quality reinforcements in town.
  3. Infirmaries. I know (stupid) people think they are useless, but basically what Infirmaries do is make the following rule true, within their capacity limit: "The attacker loses troops permanently at full cost, the defender only temporarily and at a reduced cost".
  4. The defender's troops have 1-60% added Defense (Wall & Tower) more than the attacker.
  5. Retaliation from the attacked person's order.
  6. Attacking removes your own shield, and leaves your town with less troops.
  7. Without counting points for events (and sometimes even with counting them), the rss you take from a town usually won't cover the re-training costs of your losses.

All of these things combined make it so that any player around your ballpark power level attacking you is (in most cases, not all) making a mistake.

But that's not what you want - you want a game where a tiny 100K power player can (easily) evade a 30/100/more M power player attacking him/her.

You can do that - it's called having a shield up in advance. But even that is not enough for you, because that comes with a cost - a relatively low cost in gold and the fact that you can't attack other towns at will (at least not without paying more gold).

Well, guess what? A game where you can toy easily with someone 1,000 times your size and get away with it scot-free is the very definition of an imbalanced game (and this means a stern NO should be the answer to you).
Aug 23, 2017, 14:1308/23/17
04/26/17
Yes, it's cheap and annoying move. And yet you can evade loses if u'll hide your troops in ordermate Town
Aug 25, 2017, 09:3008/25/17

Jake said:

Yes, it's cheap and annoying move. And yet you can evade loses if u'll hide your troops in ordermate Town

Ha! I did it everytime.

Aug 31, 2017, 23:5508/31/17

pirhana7 said:

Then you should think a little more.

1. So basicly,  someone that play 1 hour a day can do only 1 attack ?

You think anyone would enjoy that ? Seem like you dont attack at all. Else you would find this completly strange as a suggestion.

2. Right, so first to attack lose ? My order often teleport/counter in 5 sec after an attack and sometime less if its on their screen. So, no shield 1 hour mean that no one will attack... There is no reward that worth you losing all units which render you unable to play. Maybe we should all go play sim city and trade each other ressources and change the army for T1 Stupid sims - T5 Smart Sim. The first to have enough T5 to explain the game to you win.

If you truely find your change good. Sim City would be good change for you. Try Sim City: Cities of Tomorow with rush hour expand. Very good, I love it! CAreful tho, you cannot shield yourself from disasters. (unless you active cheats)
Sep 9, 2017, 04:4209/09/17
1 minute
456 said:

pirhana7 said:

Then you should think a little more.

1. So basicly,  someone that play 1 hour a day can do only 1 attack ?

You think anyone would enjoy that ? Seem like you dont attack at all. Else you would find this completly strange as a suggestion.

2. Right, so first to attack lose ? My order often teleport/counter in 5 sec after an attack and sometime less if its on their screen. So, no shield 1 hour mean that no one will attack... There is no reward that worth you losing all units which render you unable to play. Maybe we should all go play sim city and trade each other ressources and change the army for T1 Stupid sims - T5 Smart Sim. The first to have enough T5 to explain the game to you win.

If you truely find your change good. Sim City would be good change for you. Try Sim City: Cities of Tomorow with rush hour expand. Very good, I love it! CAreful tho, you cannot shield yourself from disasters. (unless you active cheats)
Or dont teleport...... and attack as many times from where your base currently is with no wait........   This how most game were before this game, Vikings, and Last Empire War Z.   Look at Plariums other games, Total Domination, Pirate, Stormfall.  This is the attack system I am talking about.  You dont move your base....  You are known for being at that location and you attack from there....  Only uses teleports for moving once for events.  Actually make it so the Warning tower has a purpose.....
Sep 9, 2017, 05:1709/09/17
Sep 9, 2017, 05:22(edited)

So let's balance your offer.

When under attack, you can't send new marches.

Additionally, either:

1. You cannot chain shields. 1hour cool-off between the end of duration till you can use another.
    OR
  2. Your shield will take 1hour to charge before it begins from the moment you activate it.

Jun 26, 2018, 10:1106/26/18
The whole teleport in to attack and then teleport out is the way of the COWARD !!    Same goes for the attack, then shield technique !!
Jul 5, 2018, 01:2807/05/18

What hes suggested, is actually extremely common in these type of games, and its actually beneficial to Plarium.

An hour, is a little overboard, Most games implement a "rage" or "fury" whatever, And not only does it stop you from being able to shield, but it also gives you an attack bonus. It goes into effect whenever the player makes an "Aggressive" play, Such as scouting, or attacking.

Its usually, or best- Done on a timer based upon your level of your "town". (I.E Palace). Usually making the MAX level town, 15 minute fury. 

Not only does this give the defender a chance to retaliate, But it gives their order mates a chance to defend them also and retaliate. 

The current system, That your all defending, and saying he does not like to attack, is more of a childs play, sneaky system. I can hit someone, then run like a wimp. Anyone that plays a WAR game, should be able take a hit, not hide like a coward immediately.. Its extremely Cowardly and not much of a war game.

This is also, not beneficial to Plarium. Players WILL spend more money to rebuild, if they attack, and because they cant shield immediately, get demolished because they poked a hornets nest. 

This is a common feature in over 50 of the top games of this genre, Plarium, is actually the first Ive seen to not do this. Its kind of...a turn off for true strategy war game players.