All Categories

Translation Button

Translation Button

Search
Comments
Mar 11, 2019, 17:1503/11/19
11/18/18
I have a multilingual order. Here is how mine works. My counselors are bi-lingual. I have Spanish, English, French, German and Indonesian so far. Most chat in their language in pm anyway. Or they post something in order chat and a translator will message them in pm. As order Master when I send a mass mail in English my translators will follow suit in their perspective languages for those that speak little or no English. For those that speak some English we all get a laugh out of trying to figure out what the heck they mean LOL. Once we do, we correct their English for them so they learn the words too. Google translate works excellent for Indonesian. Spanish French and German however because of the different dialects can be a nightmare. Russian script is just plain hell. I take a snapshot save it as a jpg file  and go to translate.yandex.com/ocr. There we can upload and have the jpgs translated . I then go to google use English to Russian, convert back and forth a couple times til i get the words i want and snapshot that and check it with yandex as well. Less confusion that way LOL .Yes, it can be time consuming but I love being the United_Nations! We are looking for a bilingual English to Russian translator so we can also include them in our order.
Mar 11, 2019, 20:0303/11/19
09/09/17

Discord has auto-translators that avoid all these problems.

Things like autoit can inject keystrokes, so in essence you can then cut and paste.

e.g. Chat snapshot, like you say, go to yandex, like you say, image -> translate, select and copy (Ctrl-C) translation, paste that back into game (with an autoit script). [Also means you can have stock translations, or broadcast one message in many languages quickly. e.g. Paste your order code in multiple languages expeditiously.]

Even easier is to get them to do all their chatting in Discord, where the auto-translators are present. Things like auto-translate to main language is present, individuals can set all messages to be translated into their own language (and vice versa), and prefixes, like '?ru ' can be used for the conversations / languages / communicants that fall through these cracks.
Apr 4, 2019, 04:4704/04/19
04/01/19
I am having same issue.  I am new to the game,just learning and have joined a russian order.  The order code has changed, not that I could read it before and the Master has tried to talk to me but his English is very bad, his exact words lol.  I responded with emoticons to try to convey i am taking it in good humour as I have yet to figure out way to translate. I certainly don’t want to start a war lol.  I help all requests from my order so that should keep everyone happy but it would make gameplay alot better if I could get tips from them too and of course know what I am supposed to be doing for them other than requests.
Apr 4, 2019, 11:3004/04/19
Apr 4, 2019, 12:04(edited)
09/09/17

Not the desired solution, but ...

If Win / Browser:

• Screenshots (Shift-Win-S), draw rectangle with the snipping tool
  • Paste shot via Ctrl-V into Yandex OCR
  • Click 'Open in Yandex Translate'. (May need to adjust languages.)

Note:

• There is a real problem with local idioms and short forms. Be generous as to how you read things.
  • There are translate bugs. e.g. Google was translating French chef to English chef, instead of chief, for a long time. Causing much grief.

Reverse:

• Yandex Translate or Google Translate or something.
  • In translation side, Ctrl-A (Select All), Ctrl-C (Copy)
  • Using AutoIt or something, run a script to inject the text by simulating keyboard presses.
  • (You can compile the script, then create a shortcut to it on your desktop. Then you can associate a keystroke, such as Ctrl-Shift-V, to that script.
    - Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, put mouse over chat box, Ctrl-Shift-V, done.)

Even the Plarium chat app has no translator. And low uptake. Despite the ability to group people - e.g. Main Chat where enemy can't see, or Order Battle Group or something. But at least you can cut and paste - no images though.

Without translation and images, I don't expect the Plarium app will reach any critical mass. Pictures are worth 1k words, especially in this game where different languages see different things. e.g. Eternal Stronghold vs Bastion Éternel, or Plans versus Draftings.

'course Discord has all of the above built in.

(Including the ability to screenshot as above, Ctrl-V in chat to yourself in Discord [uploading the image], then right-click the Discord image and copy the link for insertion into this forum.)

Apr 8, 2019, 08:3304/08/19
02/26/19
Of course, translation button is a good idea. I'm really into this game and enjoy playing it everyday. However, it's quite annoying when i can't communicate with others (in case they dont speal English) it makes me feel like playing games from top1apk. 
Sep 21, 2019, 11:5409/21/19
08/18/19
It is 2019 and still a translator issue with members. Can't even copy and paste to help members that don't speak the same language. Will there ever be a solution?