All Categories

Screen Shots of Super and Mega Packs

Search
Feb 16, 2019, 05:5802/16/19
02/05/19

please leave screen shots of the super and mega packs for Throne: Kingdom at War along with info on level of stronghold, waiting period for super/mega packs, how long they are available after waiting, & any other useful information. 

This will greatly benefit other players (including me) who are interested in riding the “Mega Waves” 😂👍

Also, if anybody knows the stronghold levels / pack differences; as in, at what level of sh that super/mega packs become more valuable. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 21, 2019, 23:3702/21/19
09/09/17

Punk said:

Also, if anybody knows the stronghold levels / pack differences; as in, at what level of sh that super/mega packs become more valuable. 

That's a new one on me. Packs change / become more valuable?

Feb 27, 2019, 23:4302/27/19
Mar 3, 2019, 16:07(edited)
02/05/19

That is a Silver Super Pack set after two months without buying packs.

When they come: if you wait till the last day in the 3 day count down, then you will have three Super Packs you can buy. 

Super Pack #1 After 2 months of waiting: 

Super Pack #2 & Super Pack #3 come after waiting till the end of the 3 day wait after 1st Super Pack loads:

Keep In Mind that Super Packs are normally $19.99 and when you wait the next month... Mega Packs will come & they will be $9.99 for more than what is in the Super Packs.

Ive not had a Mega Pack yet (this is a new experiment to me) but I have 4 alts that still have 3 weeks to wait for MEGA PACKS... 

When they arrive... I will post them here also! 

Enjoy!
Feb 28, 2019, 01:2802/28/19
Feb 28, 2019, 01:48(edited)
09/09/17

Sorry, can't see Facebook, so can't see your images.

Edit your posts above to include them here in this forum, please, so later readers can refer to them historically.

The confusion comes from your terminology - there is no such thing as a Super Pack or a Mega Pack.

Packs improve in contents over time. No Super or Mega about them. Upon a purchase, they revert to least contents.

Their baseline price is the price you paid on your last purchase.

Price declines while contents remain the same, over time. Frequently half the price delivers half the contents, so the value is the same, but the 'Gift of Gold' remains the same. ('ish?) i.e. Half price, same gold = double the gold. So, if you buy more often, you can purchase the same pack again, sooner. If you wait for the best offers at the cheapest prices, you will wait the longest for their return. 10 - 12 weeks, has been my guess.

Offers seem mostly to be periodic - discerning the period isn't particularly easy sometimes. e.g. Every nth day, day of week, or a rotation. Assume at least a 2 week rollover period, to follow the KvK/r cycle. e.g. Eagle's Nest and Black Castle pack offers occur before different events.

If you see Gold of the Elite or Time to Flourish: Gold for 50%! at or near 3M gold (for $6.99, not the $12.99 4.8M offer), you have arrived at the highest improvement you are going to see.

Watch that you purchase then, soon, or they will soon double in price. (I haven't discerned how soon 'soon' is there, but I believe it to be more than a week. Probably not 2.) The contents will be the same, but the price doubled. In essence you double your 'Gift of Gold' over the more expensive offer.

Pick your purchase day carefully - e.g. the Inquisitor you are looking for, or Platinum packs for building above Level 26. On that day, purchase everything you can at that price - however expensive they are (in the sense of e.g. some packs have more boosts than others) and whatever they contain, they are all much cheaper than the day after you purchase - at which time you will have to wait the entire cycle of time before the same packs at that price point return.

This is not to say that there are no sales. There are. Few and far between. They seem to follow holiday or sale days. (As do special 1 hit assailants. [Whomever thought up SnowCreeps was brilliant!])

Some I can think of or have seen:

- New Years

- May Day ('ish, Easter to some.)

- Black Friday

- Boxing Day (or Week)

Note that not all of them occur all the time, and sometimes are no better than regular packs. Choose carefully, as your pack prices are going to revert the next day, as above. Given that, although some sale packs cost more than the lowest price (but contain more than x times the value and contents), make sure the last pack you purchase is the cheapest. (See above.)

[IIRC, Boxing Day 2017 had good deals, 2018 not.]

Pay close attention to (your) candle levels - normal packs max out at 170'ish, sale packs often have 500 and more, and some have more than one type of candle. If it's not your candle type, you may want to pass as offers are going to decrease, if you purchase. If it is your candle type - buy all you can, they will never be cheaper. [You need 1,545 of them.] And Vigo (Scout) is something everyone needs. Eventually.

Some samples I can put my fingers on quickly:

(After purchase? Or 1/4 price equivalent?)

If you are purchasing multiple packs, be very careful ... the same pack will still be available, but at the lowest tier, not the tier you just bought at. Moreover, many other packs will be duplicated at much poorer deal levels. It is extremely easy to get confused or mis-click and buy a poorer pack - at which point the pack you intended to purchase will have disappeared in favour of these poorer packs.

The only way I have been able to keep things the simplest and most clear is to take screenshots of each pack I intend to purchase, first, and refer to them as I go. With Windows utilities like Snipping Tool and Linux equivalents, it is easy to press a key, draw a square, and Ctrl-V into a document. Watch the price point and Gift of Gold level to distinguish between the otherwise identical offers.

At the same time, sometimes the same pack is indeed offered again - you have to watch carefully. At New Year's I was able to buy the same primo (candle) pack, twice, all but max'ing out the candles for my inquisitor.

Mar 3, 2019, 14:0403/03/19
Mar 3, 2019, 16:10(edited)
02/05/19

And after 2 months a pack will come out on all your alts that have not purchased a pack in 2 months; this pack is called by players - “super pack”.... then, if you wait another month rather than buying the Super, another pack will come out that is far more lucrative called by players - “mega pack”. 

It’s the same concept as found in Vikings 

(CORRECTION)

Ive gotten on a computer to add screenshots of SUPER PACKS... 

I know of the pack process and holiday packs.. Super and Mega Packs are a totally different monster! 

More will follow in a couple weeks about Mega Packs and the difference between them and the Super Packs... 

More Players are welcome to share their experience & expert info on this process they use with their alts on purchasing these packs...

Thank You!
Mar 4, 2019, 00:5203/04/19
09/09/17

Punk said:

> And after 2 months a pack will come out on all your alts that have not purchased a pack in 2 months; this pack is called by players - “super pack”.... then, if you wait another month rather than buying the Super, another pack will come out that is far more lucrative called by players - “mega pack”.

Not by any players I know. For us, the terms merely confuse and disregard.

As said, 10-12 weeks after purchase, packs max out largest content / lowest price wise. This is well into your '2 months', so we are talking about the same thing. (No Mega, or Super.)

And as said, if you don't purchase within a week or two of that, packs double in price (so 1/2 gold), same contents, and stays there. (As opposed to the holiday / sale packs, as you note.)

> It’s the same concept as found in Vikings

Many here wouldn't know.

I have seen here many complaints that things aren't working in Throne as they do in Vikings, pack wise, so YMMV?

> I know of the pack process and holiday packs.. Super and Mega Packs are a totally different monster!

> More will follow in a couple weeks about Mega Packs and the difference between them and the Super Packs...

Please (and thank you)! You have me most curious about such packs - the game is far too expensive to not take advantage of available savings!

Mar 4, 2019, 01:0703/04/19
09/09/17

Punk said:

That is a Silver Super Pack set after two months without buying packs.

These aren't super packs, they are normal every day packs after X amount of waiting. Nothing super or mega about them - just regular content escalation over time, trying to find the price point at which your buy reflex will trigger.

Some packs rotate every 3 days, e.g. Time To Flourish. I suspect that is why you observe the additional packs the next day and the day after. Other packs have different rotations. Periodic or by weekday, for example.

Plarium regularly (by Season?) renames their packs - I assume for less contents or higher prices. e.g. Time to Flourish started spring last year.

'For Any Situation and Every Taste' and 'Want to Become Richer? It's Easy:' started not that long ago.

I am now seeing things like 'Yours and Your Order's: Boosts Discounts' which used to be called 'Speed Advantage! 50% Discount!'

One has to watch the contents not the names. Sadly.

And the names often have little to do with the contents. e.g. 'Assailant's Downfall' had nothing Assailant related within it. (Boo! Hiss! on Plarium!)

From comments here, it seems that PC/browser and phone offers can be quite different, so perhaps that is worth mentioning so people can try to track which applies to them. (I don't play on phone.)