All Categories

What are top price on packs?

Search
Sep 13, 2018, 15:2009/13/18
02/20/17

Hi,

I am at the $19.99 pack price with most/all being $49.99 value. Decent value it seems, but I see some $49 regular cost for some stuff. If I buy a $49 item at regular price will my pack offers go to $49? If so, will they be $99 value? I don't mind spending money, but want to get best value. And I am curious what the most expensive offers are and if they are good value? I know in Stormfall the packs went as high as $260, I believe, but that was couple years ago.

I have started a couple alts and waited to get the 2 week power packs...usually spend around $70 and get close to 10 mil gold and tons of other stuff. However, now those have been 6 weeks+ and no price deals, so will the deals come back or are those 1-time events?

Thanks in advance, for any feedback and/or suggestions.

Reddz

GM Midnight Bandits

Server Justertow #107 -- Always looking for good players, come join us!

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 14, 2018, 05:5609/14/18
09/09/17

I don't recall ever seeing packs above $25.99 - which merely reflects my (lack of) spending habits. I regularly see $99.99 and $129.99 'values'. [I'm not in U.S., so my packs are priced a titch higher.]

It has been my (unproven) impression that a pack half the price contains pretty close to half the amount of goodies, and vice versa.

However, it contains the same amount of gold pieces. So half price half the stuff, twice the gold. At least for me.

It seems to take about 3 months to get down to the $6.49 ($4.99) and up to the 3M 'Gold of the Elite!', level, the point at which things seem to top out. Prices go down, but so does the amount of gold. Seems each Monday (?) the amount of gold ticks up a notch.

If I follow that, seems you can get the same amount of stuff, twice as often, as a lower priced pack. Half the gold, though.

I have not fathomed when the pack prices drop a level. They appear to return to the same level you last bought at, soon. They also go up a level, and stay there, for reasons I haven't figure out - either.

Cycle seems to be at least 2 weeks, corresponding around the KvK, KvKr cycle. With other things moving in and around that. e.g. Some every three or every other day, others different. e.g. Inquisitor packs.

Few packs have been one offs. Black Friday comes to mind, and a spring time one. I think the Black Friday offer lasted a weekend, the Boxing Day a week. As opposed to pack grouping changes. e.g. The Flourish packs appeared in the spring - I expect a different grouping will appear in the fall or winter.

Test, I think, has a guide in 'Fan Guides', I think, that talks about how the 'Profit' % is an pseudo-number made up based off the arbitrary gold piece prices at the bottom of the offers.

Not infrequently I'll see the same pack at twice the price. The 'Happy' packs come to mind. Examine carefully - they contain different amounts of goodies. Often losing the particular goodies that attracted you to the more expensive pack.