All Categories

Do you really need four infirmaries?

Search
Jul 6, 2018, 10:0307/06/18
07/03/18

Hello everbody!

First of all let me apologize for my modest English. I am new to this game and got this quest challenging me to build four infirmaries. And after finishing, it lead me to the question, if four ones are really required.

Do you need all of them at a higher level? Or is it maybe more recommend to save the building lots for houses or barracks?

How many infirmaries would you suggest?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 6, 2018, 13:4607/06/18
05/09/18
I only have 1. I guess it would rely on how you are going to play. Are you going to be an aggressive attacker - you might want to have more than 1. Hope this helps. 
Jul 15, 2018, 07:5407/15/18
Jul 15, 2018, 07:55(edited)
09/09/17
steelergrl said:
> I only have 1.

> I guess it would rely on how you are going to play.

Yes.

It is arguable that 4 will not be enough.

Depends where you are in the game, too. Early on, you can get by with 1 House (for Silver), and many barracks to train as many as you can as quickly as you can. Later, when studies can take near 2 billion silver, you can't get enough silver or houses. If you assume it will be a day or more between logins, you would by then be able to get by with only 1 or two barracks - as more means longer to training completion. (If in every 24 hours to restart training, training taking you 2 days to complete is a hindrance.) [More barracks = less infirmaries. i.e. You figure out how many infirmaries you want by first figuring out how many barracks and/or Houses you want.]

> Are you going to be an aggressive attacker - you might want to have more than 1.

This is opposite to correct.

If an aggressive attacker, your troops will be lost outside your town. So they will not be healable, only resurrectable, and so only 1 infirmary is needed.

If NOT an aggressive attacker, your troops will be lost in town - and so take up space in your infirmary. And you will never have enough infirmary space in that case.

- note that once your infirmary is full, only 70% of them get moved into the resurrection slot. The rest (30%) are simply lost.

Currently I have 1 House (Silver), 5 barracks (20k t1's trained per day), and 9 infirmaries. I expect to reduce barracks in favour of more infirmaries, as I grow.

Check out https://throne.help - there you can see how many troops are involved at each level. Be it number allowed per march, or infirmary or barrack capacity by level.

Figuring out what balance works for you is definitely a conundrum everybody faces. :)
Apr 21, 2019, 13:0604/21/19
06/23/18

what about the bonus that u get to send troops out of town to heal.  how does that work?

Apr 21, 2019, 22:5904/21/19
09/09/17

Richard Taylor said:

what about the bonus that u get to send troops out of town to heal.  how does that work?

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but ...

There is no bonus, and they don't get sent out of town.

There are healing troops event points, in most, but not all, events, the points for which you can see in the event details.

Heal a few million t6's and you will really help your team out in an event. Note though that most anything less than 10's of millions of points won't matter much in the result. Which is to say - don't spend time on this early on, for the resources expended there are better ways to spend it to grow. e.g. Buildings or Studies. OTOH, when you have t6 unlocked ... go nuts!

30% of troops are lost forever when they're lost - they go neither to Infirmary for Healing or Resurrection.

It is worth noting that, just like training, healing can be boosted and repeated. Whether you do so twice on 5k troops via 1 infirmary, or once on 10k troops via 2 infirmaries, same result. With the 1 infirmary, though, you'll have another building producing too, e.g. a House.

And if in the end you heal via gold (likely), you're just going to repeat healing anyways - higher troops, longer healing, greater impatience.

[Same argument for only 1 barracks - training t6 will take more than 1 day, and you will be in tomorrow to start the next one, so may as well only have one barracks.]

Infirmaries only matter if your troops are caught in town and you are unshielded. A situation happening less and less frequently, given the game changes.

Also note that things change over time. Accept that you will likely demolish many buildings and rebuild over time. (Just like endlessly redoing hero skills.)

Houses matter for Silver, which mostly only matters for studies. Maybe you fill up on Houses now, and Infirmaries later, or vice versa. High end studies cost > 1.5B each, and there are probably > 300 of those. Yet no point generating it until you need it. [One overslept shield and your silver will be gone!]

Depends upon how you play, and how your play evolves. e.g. Traps will want lots of infirmaries. Anything else, not so much.

Apr 23, 2019, 10:5004/23/19
01/07/18

With the right daily bonus/boost you can actually get troops moved to healing if they die outside the town.

Houses matter for silver only if you don't stockpile, as buildings only produce till your treasury hits the cap, which is far too low when you are looking at really expensive studies. However they really matter for training speed, so you can churn out troops quickly. This is in my mind pretty essential, even after they have reduced the points for training troops when they released the t7. 

Barracks are probably the easiest to have the 'one and done' but it's not just the regular training you need to think of. you might want to train a lot of troops quickly, and that would be easier with more barracks.

Infirmaries are probably only of major use if you have a strategy that involves your main town being hit frequently, or you always have the 'healing' boost when you go out attacking.

May 2, 2019, 01:0105/02/19
06/07/18
Ideally, 2 will be enough. The same with barracks. Use the rest for houses as things will cost a lot of silver later in the game.
May 2, 2019, 18:2005/02/19
09/09/17

rihojo said:

Ideally, 2 will be enough. The same with barracks. Use the rest for houses as things will cost a lot of silver later in the game.

Only 1 of each, actually. [Assuming your troops will only die outside of your shielded town. (Infirmaries only get used when your town is successfully attacked - and if you're shielded, that never happens.)]

* Disregarding the limited resurrect -> infirmary boosts.

For higher tier troops, you can't train them in less than a day, so more than one barracks isn't useful. (You'll be back in in time to set another round doing.)

At 1.7B per study level ... you will be perpetually out of silver.  More houses will at least add a few more grains of sand.
May 20, 2019, 03:2305/20/19
07/11/18

there is honestly no reason to have more than 1 infirmary in your town. The infirmary is basically useless unless you are losing troops at home, and even then they are really not worth it.  I know people who have anywhere from 1-3 barracks, most high level guys seem to prefer 2.

All other buildings should be houses, the reason being is you get a training boost bonus for every house and their level. For example a level 25 house gives a 30% boost for training speed and you can have up to 13 houses max; which added up to up to a 390% training speed boost.

Feb 25, 2021, 00:1102/25/21
02/24/21

how do you use both barracks on the game to train troops it only lets me use 1

Mar 25, 2021, 02:4603/25/21
02/11/16

One of the things that never made much sence to me.  Having multiple bericks or infirmaries yet the extra units don't allow for diversity of action.  All barracks used to train one type or troops.  Can't have one doing striker and anther doing forester.  

I guess any action that doesn't take days to complete isn't worth doing in this game.   

Mar 16, 2022, 18:5703/16/22
08/03/21

how to gain power ?