All Categories

Old Cities - New possibilities

Search
Dec 11, 2019, 02:1012/11/19
06/05/17

We all do not like to see unused cities.  So here is a suggestion.

Any city over 12 weeks inactive can be "taken over" (occipied) by anyone.

Benefits:

* Gain a percentage of rss up to the level of the city per day.  (a level 7 city will have 1-7% tax)

* Gain more taxes the longer the occupying force is present. (a level 7 city starts at 1% for the first 24 hours and will gain +1% per 24 hours if occupied for every consecutive day.  This will be caped by the % level equal to the level of the city or 10% max).

Cost:

* You must kill all troops, both scouts and troops in order to occupy.

* Must have an occupying force equal to the cities level x 1000.  (level 24 city must be occupied by 24,000 troops minimum)

* This will use a marching slot.

Other:

* Only cities that can be attacked or occupied must be attackable per normal standards (beginners immunity)

* If the city is attacked for rss then the occupying force is considered defenders.

* If the defence is lost or the troops are less than the occupational force requirements they will imediately return to their town.

* The attacking force or defending force will get points per normal attack and defense rules.

This will cause others during KvK and OvO to seek out these towns for attack and rss possibilities.

And yes they can occupy them also for taxes only during KvK and OvO.

Risk:

If the owner (player) of the city logs in after a long time then the owner of the occupying force will be notified by mail that the town residences have revolted.  Troop losses can be calculated against a level 1 spearman attack.

The cities owner will be notified by system mail that they were occupied by the agressors, like an attack notice.

I am kind of tired so I don't remember if there was something else.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 11, 2019, 02:2712/11/19
06/05/17

Ok, I remember the other part.

Make this a competition.  Rewards for number of taxes gained over a period of time.

Top 10 receive gold or something related to rss for special events and top 100 receive gold for Individual events per league.

Points gained by destroying occupying troops or those who are trying to occupy.  (including trophy of arms)

Points for number of rss gained in taxes (like the Yielding Resources events).

Dec 11, 2019, 18:2312/11/19
Dec 11, 2019, 18:26(edited)
09/28/19

Or be able to destroy them for RSS, stone, iron, wood. I'd recommend making this a tournament event. That way, Orders can fight to clean up their Kingdoms. So, ONLY during the event can deserted towns be occupied, but then entirely destroyed by raiding parties. That would be fun!

Also, you could make it so that Towns that reside inside of a Citadel's protection area are worth more, which would give the incentive for the Order of the Citadel to protect them, and the opposing Orders to take them.

You could even call it THE OCCUPATION EVENT.
Dec 12, 2019, 22:3112/12/19
06/05/17
Nice.  Will have to allow orders to reinforce towns in there territory.