All Categories

Managing a new Order

Managing a new Order

Search
Jul 13, 2017, 04:5507/13/17

Managing a new Order

So this is a heads up tutorial to those new players wanting to become successful masters and /or wanting to  stay afloat in their order. 

*********Things in the long run***************

1) Membership dropouts: Players will quite more than the ones you can recruit (you will notice this when the server is full and all the new players will be sent to a another server). Take care of each other, and teach them to play smart. You need to spend some gold to provide safe keeping of troops for the non-spenders. Otherwise expect more players to quit your order or quit the game altogether. Training troops and upgrade castles become exponentially difficult since Players with lots of money will stop by your order to farm you in a regular basis. Later on, the kingdom might mature enough to agree to no tile hits, or no internal war. But by that time a lot of non-spenders will quit by then. 

2) Learn diplomacy, or appoint people to take care of external affairs, and/or internal matters within the order. Allowing others to advice with a cool head can make a big difference in this impulsive game. The master's attitude is a great factor of how the Clan develops, and it ultimately determines who stays and who will endup quitting the order. Sharing the power with some of your members guarantees a stronger bond within the higher ranks. The higher-ups should also be constantly inquiring  about all the other members...  what makes people stay in the game is actually the friendships that develop from within the order, (and also from other members of your kingdom). Have in mind that a tight grip of your members can result in higher frustration, and the high-ranks should not take for granted the loyalty to the order. I mean this is a game. So treat your subjects with respect and dignity.

3) Merging of 2 or more orders. As time goes by, the kingdom will lose more and more players. the Small orders will suffer the most as they are more limited of everything. Be open-minded about merging with other orders. this is where starting diplomacy early on in the game is super important. If you dont  merge with other Orders (out of pure ego, i have to say), you will ended up sinking your own boat, especially if you are not willing to provide shields for the troops of your members. As more members quit, it will be more difficult to gather necessary resources, or accumulate enough Personal Points for the order Store. I've seen this happening over and over... those masters who refuse to merge and give away their position of power, end up losing all of their power because all of their members quite out of rage or frustration. Merging is not necessarily a bad thing, you end up making more friendships, and the higher variety of players allow for more efficient growth. 

My Order started merging with 3 orders that struggle to survive in the first months. Then we ended up merging with orders that didnt even speak our common language, and it has been the best decision I've ever made; We achieved to become some of the top 5 clans in the game (we never imagined this as individual orders), I started to learn 2 new languages (out of necessity, perhaps), and i can share responsibilities that i simply dont have the time to attend all. The best of all this, is that we have  become a unique order  in the sense that decisions are made with a republic-based system. So no one feels like they "gave up" on their order to merge with a new one, this has brought unity to everyone in the order. The chat is a mess (partially this is the reason why im trying hard to learn 2 languages), but with 3rd party chat apps, such as WhatsApp and LINE things are going smoother than thought possible. 

******* Short Term Concerns**********

Shields,

Resources,

events

to be continue for the section above. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 14, 2017, 09:2507/14/17
05/02/17

Awesome article dude. Kingdom political situation is a very important part of the game. You are absolutely right about diplomacy and multinational clans 

Jul 31, 2017, 12:0007/31/17
05/04/17

I agree with you. I like diplomacy and politics in the game

Aug 2, 2017, 09:1408/02/17
05/04/17

By the way, I'm diplomate in our order :)

Aug 2, 2017, 09:1608/02/17
05/04/17

Kris Teilor said:

Awesome article dude. Kingdom political situation is a very important part of the game. You are absolutely right about diplomacy and multinational clans 

What the political system in your kingdom, Kris?

Aug 2, 2017, 09:5808/02/17

Good guide! I think every master must read it!

Sep 7, 2017, 04:1909/07/17
A very good post.....a must read for anyone
Jun 16, 2023, 06:5306/16/23
06/16/23

OMG, thanks!! Never thought I would finally find it!

Jul 12, 2023, 10:3907/12/23
07/05/23

Good guide!