All Categories

Attacking in the Dominion

Search
May 8, 2020, 16:3005/08/20
02/06/18

Okay - I have been working on improving my troops and have put together the right equipment, I have checked all the attacking and defending boosts... I think I am ready to start battling in the Dominion.

What do I need to know so I don't get my butt handed to me too badly? Can shields be reset in the dominion? I see many unshielded towns.

Are there 'unwritten rules? I see lots attacking the rampart and not each other around it...

Thanks for any advice!
Views
Comments
Comments
May 11, 2020, 03:3805/11/20
02/06/18

thanks but the information there doesn't answer any of my questions.

May 11, 2020, 06:1705/11/20
12/09/17

Obviously too late for this time but food for thought for next time.

Shields can be used in the Dominion as normal except in the area around the Rampart - there you cannot shield. Unshielded towns outside that area are often traps or decoys to tempt you to attack

The towns around the rampart are generally massive towns which are full of troops or empty depending on the strategies being employed - so they might be scouted but rarely attacked.

You don't make any mention of your strength or  Order. Unless you are in a strong Order or you are a massive player, your successful options in the Dominion are really limited to attacking towns like yourself and the opportunities are not frequent.

I don't think that there are any "unwritten" rules.
May 11, 2020, 08:4505/11/20
May 11, 2020, 08:54(edited)
09/09/17

The only unwritten rule I know of is: Kill or be killed. Or don't go to the Dominion.

Your question is too vague or general to get a meaningful response here. But @UNEXPECT's response is a very good one for what is present in your question.

Likely your best source of advice is chat at the time, probably your kingdom's or order's chat, as they have no vested interest in zeroing you in the Dominion.

Dominion is very much a team event. You must collectively raid, watch each other's backs, and jointly attack those who attack elsewhere. (The the traps mentioned - your hero/inq leaves town and you become very much weaker, to be attacked, than otherwise.) Thus the order chat mention, and ... you want to join the very biggest order that will take you.

The top 3 or 5, such as XD or WH20, are going to decimate all other comers. If you are not with them ... well ... prepare to bleed and burn.