All Categories

Is this a Super Pack, Mega Pack or Special Holiday Offer

Is this a Super Pack, Mega Pack or Special Holiday Offer

Search
Comments
Mar 17, 2019, 11:4903/17/19
07/17/18

An excellent holiday (St. Patrick's) offer.  74M% profit!

Mar 17, 2019, 12:0003/17/19
07/17/18
WWO said:

In hindsight, I do think your original post deals were indeed deals. I am now taking this from the fact that the contents, at x times the price of the lowest packs, exceeded, and by more than a little, x times the contents of those packs. If you could afford it, they were probably good purchases - the need for the contents being endless, and being more than x times the contents would equate to more than x times you would purchase the cheapest over the coming months. [Just remember, if your desired contents or inquisitor is due to appear soon, any purchase will reduce those contents to the lowest. It can be worth avoiding your offers if what you are waiting for is important. Deals on rss, gold, stamina, etc., will come around again soon enough, as you noted.] So, summary: my yardstick is x times the contents for less than x times the price, of the lowest priced / largest content packs. e.g. 3.6M gp @ $6.49 (US$4.99).

That's my original inclination -- hat they were, indeed, great deals.  I'll explain later, when I have time, the reasoning behind my assertion.
Mar 18, 2019, 01:1303/18/19
Mar 18, 2019, 16:25(edited)
09/09/17

Aryianna said:

An excellent holiday (St. Patrick's) offer.  74M% profit!

Sadly, not available to all. Depends upon where you are in your 'purchase cycle'.

Yesterday's offer, having purchased the day before:

(1/4 yours, 2x price)

Today's offer, having purchased the above yesterday:

(Almost 2x offer, for 2x price. Note that the %'s are pretty close / reflect that. Nowhere near your 74M%, though.)

vis a vis a long past Silver offer (Gold of the Elite was 3M then, not today's max of 3.6M):

So (#):

$10 - 10.875B, $0.92/B (yesterday's offer)

$20 - 21.650B, $0.92/B (today's offer, after having purchased the prior)

$10 -   0.592B, $16.91/B ('normal' 'max' offer. (*))

(*) That max doesn't feel max. I expected 1 - 2 B. I will try to remember to update when I see such come around again.

(#) Ignoring the other items of the offers. e.g. Citadel cart boosts permitting 15M per cart instead of 1.7M.
Mar 31, 2019, 06:5603/31/19
Mar 31, 2019, 08:06(edited)
09/09/17

I see 2 'equivalent' offers for Ann candles tonight. Note that the 2nd 'cheaper' one below contains much less than 1/4 the contents for 1/4 the price.

By that measure, if Ann is of interest to one, and paying so much is of interest, I suppose the more expensive offer is worth purchasing.

Just bear in mind it will take 1,545 candles to open up the last gear slot. i.e. You will have to find and purchase an additional 5+ equivalent offers ... if you have the patience to wait for them to appear.

Edit: See additional commentary below.

Edits:

I now see many of today's offers are duplicated, including to the 'most contents at lowest prices point', Inquisitor candles increasing from the 18-25 range to the greater than 150 range.

My last purchase was Mon., Jan. 28 (probably Sun., Jan. 27, game time - I am UTC-5.) Platinum comes on Mondays and Thursdays for me. [Thus I know my purchase was on Mon.]

These offers above would have started Sat. Mar. 30 for me (Sun., Mar. 31 game time. 0h00z?).

This would be 63 days apart, or 9 weeks after my last purchase.

Current impressions are that offers reset weekly for a week. i.e. These offer levels will be available for at least the coming week.

(I do expect that tomorrow the [higher cost] duplicates will have disappeared, as will have the lowest cost poorer offers by comparison. i.e. Only the $6.49 170 candle offer will continue to be present.)

I though offers reset on Sundays (Mondays?) for the week - the above offers would seem to suggest I am wrong on that.

Currently unconfirmed remains: If the offers remain unpurchased, they will be removed in favour of packs twice the price, with twice the contents, but the same amount of gifts of gold. i.e. Not also twice the amount of gold. That part is confirmed - what isn't is whether it takes two weeks before that happens, or only 1. Or ???

Edit 2: That 1 or 2 weeks must be wrong. I have waited more than that for days where both Platinum and the candles I was looking for at the time were both present. Confirmation / clarification as to when these $4.99 offers become $9.99 would be appreciated.

YMMW.

Apr 1, 2019, 10:0604/01/19
09/09/17

> (I do expect that tomorrow the [higher cost] duplicates will have disappeared, as will have the lowest cost poorer offers by comparison. i.e. Only the $6.49 170 candle offer will continue to be present.)

Confirmed. Pack duplicates disappeared. Only the lowest priced, highest content ones remained / continued the next day.

e.g.

3.6M gp:

1M gp, 2.2M VIP:

170 Inquisitor candles:

Apr 11, 2019, 02:3904/11/19
09/09/17

Seems today's 'Lucrative Offer' is indeed that.

(Matches other recent sales, and OP.)

Especially if using X x US$4.99 pack 3.6M gp contents as a yardstick (fudge factor: 1), considering the corresponding cheaper packs, below.

[Factors < 1 poorer, > 1 better, deals. Higher is better.]

Making for 'values' of 2.22 and 2/3 (0.67), below. i.e. Top one is 2.22 times the value of the best lowest priced pack equivalent.

- bearing in mind you would have to be able to afford a pack 4 times the cost of the cheapest, and be willing to give up and / or wait for the packs you really want to come around again. e.g. 170 candles of your preferred Inquisitor. If Canute isn't your fave, you may want to pass on this.

The other aspect of the other thread about pack sales was that packs sales come in 3 day cycles. (IIUC.) So tomorrow this pack should be repeated, and an additional better deal pack offered, and the day after both still available and a 3rd better deal pack offer. (Or so the poster claimed.)

If this bears out, someone please post. The implication is to wait for day 3 and buy all 3 better packs then.

Such would also get around the not my desired Inquisitor issue. Tomorrow should be Sixtus, and Adrian the day after.

Platinum comes on Mondays and Thursdays - so Sixtus tomorrow could be of interest. (You need Platinum, lots and lots of Platinum, to raise buildings above 26. (Something like 36 buildings, 9 levels over 26 ... 324 levels to go up ...) And (Sixtus) studies are needed to max out rss generation and troop level training ability.

Mondays are 7d Villein Abodes (which is to say, rss / growth) packs, while Thursdays are 7d Black Castle (battle) packs.
Apr 12, 2019, 00:0904/12/19
Apr 12, 2019, 00:11(edited)
02/20/17
WWO said:

Seems today's 'Lucrative Offer' is indeed that.

(Matches other recent sales, and OP.)

Especially if using X x US$4.99 pack 3.6M gp contents as a yardstick (fudge factor: 1), considering the corresponding cheaper packs, below.

[Factors < 1 poorer, > 1 better, deals. Higher is better.]

Making for 'values' of 2.22 and 2/3 (0.67), below. i.e. Top one is 2.22 times the value of the best lowest priced pack equivalent.

- bearing in mind you would have to be able to afford a pack 4 times the cost of the cheapest, and be willing to give up and / or wait for the packs you really want to come around again. e.g. 170 candles of your preferred Inquisitor. If Canute isn't your fave, you may want to pass on this.

The other aspect of the other thread about pack sales was that packs sales come in 3 day cycles. (IIUC.) So tomorrow this pack should be repeated, and an additional better deal pack offered, and the day after both still available and a 3rd better deal pack offer. (Or so the poster claimed.)

If this bears out, someone please post. The implication is to wait for day 3 and buy all 3 better packs then.

Such would also get around the not my desired Inquisitor issue. Tomorrow should be Sixtus, and Adrian the day after.

Platinum comes on Mondays and Thursdays - so Sixtus tomorrow could be of interest. (You need Platinum, lots and lots of Platinum, to raise buildings above 26. (Something like 36 buildings, 9 levels over 26 ... 324 levels to go up ...) And (Sixtus) studies are needed to max out rss generation and troop level training ability.

Mondays are 7d Villein Abodes (which is to say, rss / growth) packs, while Thursdays are 7d Black Castle (battle) packs.
why cant i see the top offer only the lower one was offered and it is which is a waste of time if i had the higher one i would get it but not this
Apr 12, 2019, 02:4004/12/19
09/09/17

> why cant i see the top offer only the lower one was offered and it is which is a waste of time if i had the higher one i would get it but not this

(1) There is a (deliberately unfixed?) bug in the game whereby on a day offers are duplicated, also apparent when you buy a pack - and most of the remaining packs get duplicated. [To their least valuable levels - so you must be careful on each subsequent purchase that day that you buy the better deal one.]

(2) Packs become more valuable over time. Least valuable the day after you purchase a pack, say 225k (I forget) gold for $4.99, and most valuable 9 weeks (best guess) later where that same $4.99 will get you 3.M gold.

The offers pictures above happen to be at both of these at this moment.

This is why if you're going to buy, buy everything you can that day. For they will revert to least valuable the next.
Apr 12, 2019, 02:4804/12/19
09/09/17

Day 2 (of 3?):

Platinum normally maxes out at 250k for $4.99. This is 1.5M for 4x that - so call this a 1.5 factor.

(As you can see below.) Note that this pack also contains more RSS, boosts and Craftman and carriages, too. And -35% build boosts - on multi-100 week builds ... this starts to matter quite a bit.

Also below, yesterdays offer is still here. (Day 2 of 3?)

Apr 12, 2019, 07:4204/12/19
02/20/17
k so the easiest way to do it is buy nothing of 9 weeks then buy a shitload then wait another 9 weeks or so
Apr 12, 2019, 10:4304/12/19
09/09/17

Seems to be. Essentially.

And ... if you don't buy within, say, 2 weeks (guessing / unconfirmed), prices will double, so will contents, except for 'Gift of Gold' levels which stay as they were. I know / experience this happening - the unconfirmed part is how long until this happens. 2x contents, 1/2 gold.

Problem becomes when sales are on. On a day when your desired Inquisitor isn't. And the sale might not be present tomorrow. (Thus the day 1 of 3 notes and speculations. Perhaps your desired Inquisitor will happen tomorrow. And perhaps the sale will be off ...)

Caveats:

1. You will want Adrian (Build & RSS - raise via Special Errand purchases [as with all Inquisitors] and Citadel Order Store), Sixtus (Study & Training - costs a LOT to unlock and/or train t6, but major event points), {battle}, Vigo (everyone will want scouts to crush incoming Spies - -IF- he's Appointed at the time), and probably Ann (years from now). So if you want {battle} but Vigo is on offer at sale time, take a second look. Else, pass. (Candles are too expensive and come around too seldom at reasonable levels to get gold / rss / silver packs that you will come sufficiently close to during your regular purchase cycle anyways.)

2. If you don't need many candles, or can wait for events like Grand Inquisition: Vigo's Candles to finish things off and get to the last discipline level, you could buy earlier. Just remember your 9w cycle will reset to 0. Last slot means Adrian -73% building speed, Sixtus -73% study speed, -5% cost, {battle}/Vigo . For 900 candles. If the sale is that good, it could be worth purchasing anyways. [How long will 12.5B rss x 4 last you, given your playing style and how far along in the game you are. Early, forever, later, less than a week.)

3. Everything goes out the window when certain sales come by - e.g. At Christmas there was a pack containing 500 candles each of 2 different Inquisitors. Especially if you manage to buy it twice - taking you 2/3 of the rest of the way to maxing out an Inquisitor in one shot.

YMMV.

Apr 13, 2019, 05:1204/13/19
Apr 13, 2019, 05:14(edited)
09/09/17

The top offer would be the newest offer, and perhaps the 3rd of 3 per the other message thread (saying pack sales come in 3's and to wait for the 3rd day to buy all 3 ...)

'Sadly', I bought yesterday, so this offer will not be as good as it would have been if I had not purchased.

If someone did not purchase and still has a 32M gold US$19.99 offer available to them, please post a pic of their Sulfurum pack, as offered to you.

In any case, the offer is 3.1B silver, 90 boosts, 675k VIP, 100 x 3 errands. Not overly impressive, but 3.1B silver feels larger than usual.

Also included are the offers from above, post-purchase yesterday. You should be able to contrast what buying a pack prematurely will cost you. Do you want 150+ candles, or the rss sale and wait 9 more weeks for a 150+ candle offer to come around again?

A repeat of the 32M gold pack would be just fantasy ...

Apr 14, 2019, 02:1204/14/19
09/09/17

Following up to the above, today's offer.

I don't believe these are regular, mega, super, or any such thing packs.

I think these are 'event' packs, corresponding with the game update. So, could happen at any time / aren't part of a time cycle.

However, it does appear that the level of the offer correlates with where you are within the 9w cycle, and certainly purchase resets your cycle.

Apr 17, 2019, 01:1804/17/19
09/09/17

These (3) new packs are now gone.

So, seems 'game update' sales last at least 6 days.

3 new packs offered, introduced on consecutive days. Packs did not get better, but they continued to be offered. i.e. If your desired Inquisitor candles will appear on days 3 - 6, you can wait - no need to buy prematurely lest the deal disappear. (At least that seems to be true for this go 'round.) 32M gold is not something to be ignored lightly or without due consideration.

Ignoring it is not necessarily inappropriate, depends upon where you are in your game play, but do think carefully upon it.

[And remember, it is indeed a game - such offers will come around again. Witness the OP. It may take awhile, but you won't hurt yourself if you wait. e.g. Until your financial situation better allows for it.]

GL, HF, Good Mates, Good Hunting!
Apr 22, 2019, 14:2504/22/19
08/02/16
Apr 23, 2019, 00:3304/23/19
09/09/17

Would help us all help faster if you totaled things up for us. e.g. ✘ VIP, 25B RSS x 4, ✘y boosts, 500 x 3 errands.

Based on 25B, and you have the money, and you need Wigmar or Lilian candles, probably worth buying, if you have the spare cash.

[Yardstick being 4 x price delivering > 4 x contents of cheapest / max offers?]

No Silver Though (as usual), so probably look for an accompanying pack.

Would be interesting to see if it duplicates for you again tomorrow, and/or other such packs also become offered.

Apr 23, 2019, 00:3804/23/19
Apr 23, 2019, 00:40(edited)
09/09/17

These seem new. I assume 1 off.

Not quite 170 candles x 4 (680) at 500, but there is 4M gold. [While gold is cheaper elsewhere, if it's available that day.]

Especially vis a vis:

Apr 23, 2019, 12:5104/23/19
Apr 23, 2019, 13:04(edited)
08/02/16

Just a few of the latest ones. I haven't bought any in some time now. Probably since January or December. I'm still ticked at the game so doubt I'll pick any up now either based on what i have noticed over the past 3 years almost. 
Apr 24, 2019, 04:4004/24/19
09/09/17

Adrian not 1-off, present again today, but Sixtus has been combined with Marc to produce:

Apr 25, 2019, 13:2704/25/19
08/02/16
same here plus Darius and Sixtus candles now same deal... Also these.....