All Categories

Is this a Super Pack, Mega Pack or Special Holiday Offer

Search
Mar 10, 2019, 12:3003/10/19
07/17/18

I am wondering what kind of offers these are.  They were originally $199, but now offered at $20.  The amount of resources are quite abundant for the price offered.  From my understanding, super packs are originally $99 offered at $5, while mega packs are originally $199 offered at $10.  Please help identify these packs.  Thanks in advance.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 10, 2019, 16:0703/10/19
09/09/17

The 1st 2 aren't anything special.

The 3rd is a good deal.

(Nothing 'Mega' or 'Super' about any of them.)

One way to tell is when the normal Inquisitor packs that normally have 18 - 22 candles jump to 170'ish.

Just remember - buy as many packs as you can on that day, the deals will drop on you for several weeks afterwards.

- so, make sure you pick the best day for you, be it for the Inquisitor, Platinum, gold / silver / rss, or whatever suits you.

I'll post pics in a bit - I think I've hit the point where offers are as good as they're going to get.
Mar 10, 2019, 16:3203/10/19
09/09/17

> I am wondering what kind of offers these are.  They were originally $199, but now offered at $20.

I cannot find Test's thread on this, but an upshot was you cannot trust the original and sale $. They never were that much - it's a gimmick.

> From my understanding, super packs are originally $99 offered at $5, while mega packs are originally $199 offered at $10.

Nah. The numbers are all over and meaningless. Eventually you'll see the same offer with prices halved, but less gold.

The %'s are a ballpark gauge of the offers, though. But only ballpark. Those seem like good %'s, but I haven't really looked.

Test's thread discussed these, but I can't find it.

The %'s are based on the cost of the item in the item store against the price of gold at the bottom of the offers. What isn't accounted for in them is the useless stuff that comes along with them, bloating the numbers.

Focus / evaluate based on what you need and ignore the rest. If you compare all the offers available at a point in time you'll see a wide range of cost for stamina, boosts, gold, silver, rss across the packs. Most of which will still be cheaper than the day after you buy a pack.

Then there are the snake oil packs in the same day. e.g. $4.99 for 3.6M gold, then $9.99 for 4.8M gold. {Phooey!}
Mar 10, 2019, 16:3203/10/19
Mar 10, 2019, 16:34(edited)
07/17/18

Thanks for the reply.  I thought I was getting a great deal with the first two offers above; thanks for the clarification. 

I also received the following offers (good for another 7 hours).  I believe this is the inquisitor offer that you mentioned.  What about the others below?

Mar 10, 2019, 17:0103/10/19
09/09/17

If you have hit the 170-odd offer, you are probably seeing as good as you're going to get.

Don't be fooled by the 7h bit, the offers will be available for you tomorrow and probably about a week. After that they will double but keep the same amount of gold (but double the contents). You can wait. The offers rotate through their own individual schemes. e.g. Inquisitors over a week. RSS & Silver/Boosts vs Gold every 3 days. Some like Platinum Monday's and Thursdays (EST - UTC-5).

Which is important if it's not your Inquisitor.

Don't buy Adrian candles - use the errands that come with packs to get the candles from the order store. The act of running the errands will build up both experience points and order points. Similarly, use the errands to run up the experience points for your Inquisitor. Remember to use the Inquisitor experience bonus item. [Wait for KvKr where errands bring order points.]

If you look at your first picks, you are getting more than 4 x the guts for only 4x the price. As you are at the 170-ish level, these are probably good deals. Buy the cheapest packs LAST - the last price becomes the base price, going forwards.

In the end you will need 10's of B's, if not 100's of B's of RSS, decades of boosts, and many millions of stamina. Get them while you can as cheap as you can - you will be repeating things in 10 - 12 weeks. Raise Adrian via errands to 51 to make building cheaper, then the same for Sixtus - Adrian will provide the RSS and all the studies will be endless. To train t6 you have to go through that entire tree.

There is some argument for purchasing the VIP packs when they come with M's. At 7 you get auto-complete, which is a real time saver. At 17 all errand autocomplete. At 12 you get -8% food consumption - combined with -20% skills and the -75% item - troops no longer need feeding. At 20 you get -30% consumption, which means you can drop down to the -50% item - saving 60k gp per week! At 30 you get -50%, and no longer need use hero skills. Sadly, 30 means 10's of M's of VIP points - prohibitively expensive. [There was a new year's sale - so keep an eye out. Just make sure you buy at the same time as above / what you need - for the next day they'll drop again!]

Mar 10, 2019, 18:1303/10/19
09/09/17

To contrast yours:

Mine (same as yours):

5B RSS, 22.5M VIP, 3 1/3y boosts, 1k errands x 3.

vs (poor):

1.25M RSS, 16 x poorer than above (but 1/4x the cost).

Same as New Year's, not seen since:

vs

vs

- an example of the snake oil offers. Right below the offer 2 up (32M). Should be 3.6M gold for $4.99 - a benchmark for offers getting as good as they're going to. Which would still only be 14.4M at 4x prices - so that 32M offer is a deal. See just below it ...

As said, don't buy Adrian, buy Sixtus, use errands to raise Adrian via order store candles. During KvKr. Use Inquisitor's Experience.

As good as the stamina packs get:

- You can see offers costing more for relatively the same guts, (e.g. 4x more for 4x price), but same amount of gold. So keep an eye on it, and decide if you care. Higher priced offers will return faster.

vs

Offers 2 down from each other:

- $9.99, > 1B RSS

vs Snake Oil:

- $4.99, 225M RSS. 2x = 450M RSS ... or > 1B above!

These tend to be worth it, in the long run:

The Craftsman, Scholar, Double, and Gold offers are all just garbage, avoid. Not worth the $19.99.

(The double is useful, but available in other, cheaper, packs. Often stamina ones - you sort of need one to go with the other, then. And not until then.)

Shop carefully.

You cannot have enough stamina, rss, silver, gold, boosts, vip, errands, platinum. You will run out, likely before the offers come around again.

Black Castle is really only useful for high level fighters. Eagle's Nest marginally useful when out of Tower of Triumph. Arguably Villein Abode does well enough vis a vis all the other junk that comes with Eagle's Nest.
Mar 10, 2019, 18:1603/10/19
09/09/17

Aryianna said:

WWO said:

I cannot find Test's thread on this, but an upshot was you cannot trust the original and sale $. They never were that much - it's a gimmick.

Is this the link:  https://plarium.com/forum/en/throne-kingdom-at-war/600_technical-support/91629_super-discount-packs/?post=437724

That is similar to the one I was thinking of, but can't find. I think Test duplicated his post there - certainly it is pertinent to your question.

The other link I could find (but also not the one I'm thinking of) is https://plarium.com/forum/en/throne-kingdom-at-war/599_fan-guides/70089_test-s-assailant-guide/

Mar 10, 2019, 18:2403/10/19
09/09/17

Wigmar & Lillian will be tomorrow, Vigo after, then Marc. Then Darius & Canute, and then Sixtus.

I too just noticed these offer levels - and have noted on my calendar, based on the above. :)
Mar 11, 2019, 16:2803/11/19
09/09/17

Danielle said:

WWO said:

ar to the one I was thinking of, but can't find. I think Test duplicated his post there - certainly it is pertinent to your question.

The other link I could find (but also not the one I'm thinking of) is https://plarium.com/forum/en/throne-kingdom-at-war/599_fan-guides/70089_test-s-assailant-guide/

Did Test stop playing altogether?  His posts were extremely helpful.

The end of one of his threads says so. I've seen nothing since to indicate otherwise.

Thankfully, because he put it here, anyone can pick it up and continue it. He did the job so well, I've never felt a need to do so! :)

Mar 12, 2019, 09:2303/12/19
09/09/17

Seems gone today. :(

Another (this?) thread noted such packs come in 3's, Day 1's, day 2 adds a 2nd, day 3 same. Recommendation was to wait for day 3 and buy all 3 then.

Anyone know if the above was 1 day only, or day 2 or 3 of 3?

Mar 13, 2019, 04:4403/13/19
01/19/19
I had it for two days.  I didn't buy any of the offers; I'll wait for Easter.
Mar 13, 2019, 04:4803/13/19
Mar 13, 2019, 04:51(edited)
07/17/18

WWO said:

Danielle said:

WWO said:

ar to the one I was thinking of, but can't find. I think Test duplicated his post there - certainly it is pertinent to your question.

Did Test stop playing altogether?  His posts were extremely helpful.

The end of one of his threads says so. I've seen nothing since to indicate otherwise.

Thankfully, because he put it here, anyone can pick it up and continue it. He did the job so well, I've never felt a need to do so! :)

I'd like to find all his threads and consolidate them to one post (e.g. cut and paste).  He had such a grasp and understanding of the game's algorithms (some) and dynamics, although most of the former, of course, is rather elusive, unlike other MMORPG's.

There was a thread/post where he talked about the vagueness of the game's algorithm.  I think he either addressed the effect of boosts on battle dynamics or something similar.  Anyway, I agree with him.  There's much "hidden" info that can be deceptive to the user.
Mar 13, 2019, 04:5403/13/19
07/17/18
WWO said:

Seems gone today. :(

Another (this?) thread noted such packs come in 3's, Day 1's, day 2 adds a 2nd, day 3 same. Recommendation was to wait for day 3 and buy all 3 then.

Anyone know if the above was 1 day only, or day 2 or 3 of 3?

It may be back by Easter.
Mar 14, 2019, 01:3503/14/19
09/09/17

An example of the snake oil, and the need to shop carefully (for the gems can be hidden):

Yesterday's offer:

Today's offer (2x price, not 2x gold) - see one after it for 'gem':

Paltry 250k VIP (I need > 9.7M for next level), but look at gp:

So keep an eagle eye out ...

Then below, 2.2M VIP and 2y boosts, plus 1M gp:

Mar 14, 2019, 08:3803/14/19
07/17/18
In your example above, the percentages are not as deceptive as Test described in another thread/post.
Mar 14, 2019, 08:3903/14/19
07/17/18
WWO said:

An example of the snake oil, and the need to shop carefully (for the gems can be hidden):

What do you mean by "snake oil"?
Mar 14, 2019, 08:3903/14/19
07/17/18
Never mind.  I just googled it.
Mar 14, 2019, 14:2003/14/19
09/09/17

Aryianna said:

In your example above, the percentages are not as deceptive as Test described in another thread/post.

Depends upon what you mean my 'deceptive'.

In these particular cases, it is easier to correlated gold prices to pack contents to percentages, given the small number of item types involved in these particular cases. So I too wouldn't really call these %'s deceptive. [The problem being trying to assign a number to represent the value of differing containers of varying types and quantities of disparate things.]

I believe his remark was meant far more for things like "One Pack to Rule Them All" containing many different items of many different types, more than a few of which are of dubious value - distorting the integrity or value of the % figure.

I do think as a gross measure they are useful - if you don't see %'s in the M's, skip or consider carefully.

In hindsight, I do think your original post deals were indeed deals. I am now taking this from the fact that the contents, at x times the price of the lowest packs, exceeded, and by more than a little, x times the contents of those packs. If you could afford it, they were probably good purchases - the need for the contents being endless, and being more than x times the contents would equate to more than x times you would purchase the cheapest over the coming months. [Just remember, if your desired contents or inquisitor is due to appear soon, any purchase will reduce those contents to the lowest. It can be worth avoiding your offers if what you are waiting for is important. Deals on rss, gold, stamina, etc., will come around again soon enough, as you noted.] So, summary: my yardstick is x times the contents for less than x times the price, of the lowest priced / largest content packs. e.g. 3.6M gp @ $6.49 (US$4.99).

To your point, offers in the 10's of M's of %'s bear very close scrutiny.

I do wonder at another thread's claim to the term 'mega' or 'super', wherein it says the deals accumulate over 3 days (so wait for the 3rd day and purchase all 3 then, lest the other 2 offers don't appear due to the purchase), or that 'super' becomes 'mega' (?) if one waits for the next go around.

- in these deals, 32M gold anyways, I do not recall seeing them for more than the 1 day.

[Do let us keep accumulating thoughts and observations here - it is a very good thread you have started / to follow.]

Mar 14, 2019, 17:1003/14/19
09/09/17

An example of snake oil ... purchasing one pack causes other packs to duplicate.

Original:

Duplicate (snake oil) appearing after another pack purchased:

2x price, much less than 1/2 the guts.

Caveat emptor!