All Categories

New Units: Fireballs!

New Units: Fireballs!

Search
Comments
Mar 30, 2017, 20:3303/30/17
Every time they make another change to this game it gives another advantage to players that spend actual money. Every change, a little more towards pay-to-win. Even though I love the league I am in and really like this game if it keeps moving in a Pay to Win Direction I will stop playing. I've spent money on this game before, but I don't have hundreds of dollars to waste like a lot of people. Fireballs are just another advantage given to players who buy sapphires with cash, the same as the raid resource boost for buying sapphires with cash. Making them available at the black market for sapphires that you win in tournaments is a joke. Any big money players can use these to have another advantage over regular players. If they keep going in this direction all the player base they will have left are the people who spend hundreds of dollars a month on the game. They certainly are going to lose me as a player if this keeps up, as well as pretty much everyone I know and I certainly won't be encouraging anybody to pick up the game.
Mar 30, 2017, 20:5203/30/17
08/09/16
I just read in AoW forum that you are working on a def against fb's. Bravo!! Pls include that feature in RoB asap! May I suggest a building for the empty spot we have that will absorb increasing amount of an Fb attack as the bldg gets upgraded, much like alter of weor increases rss production increasingly as it is upgraded this bldg could provide an increasing amount of def till a Lvl that eventually neutralizes a Fb attack... Please consider an effective def even if it takes a while to fully develope. Thank you. Keep RoB fun by maintaining a off/def balance and keep your players otherwise I already know many players that will leave
Mar 30, 2017, 20:5503/30/17
10/08/15

I was attacked with fireballs and my castle defense was not even scratched. I think they deliver too little damage for what they cost. My friends castle that had def units got a laughable damage. Only a few units killed, which partly can be revived. Why should I spent so many sapphires to kill a few archers??! Not worth the money. 

said:

It will kill your def troops with a high kill ratio! Apparently from what mates tell me your castle def is all but useless against this weapon, def your castle is no longer an option, troops left out to def are merely a sacrifice made to your attacker! This is a very bad feature and was part of reason I stopped playing AoW but at least there we used to be able to see it coming and identify our attacker, now you can't even do that so be prepared for nothing but frustration when that def pkg you buy is destroyed and you don't even know who did it! Bad Bad move  Plarium! 

Mar 30, 2017, 21:4503/30/17
11/11/16

Quess said:

Every time they make another change to this game it gives another advantage to players that spend actual money. Every change, a little more towards pay-to-win. Even though I love the league I am in and really like this game if it keeps moving in a Pay to Win Direction I will stop playing. I've spent money on this game before, but I don't have hundreds of dollars to waste like a lot of people. Fireballs are just another advantage given to players who buy sapphires with cash, the same as the raid resource boost for buying sapphires with cash. Making them available at the black market for sapphires that you win in tournaments is a joke. Any big money players can use these to have another advantage over regular players. If they keep going in this direction all the player base they will have left are the people who spend hundreds of dollars a month on the game. They certainly are going to lose me as a player if this keeps up, as well as pretty much everyone I know and I certainly won't be encouraging anybody to pick up the game.

Yeah. And those people that spend that nuch are typically unwilling to use their troops. This is why there are all these huge alliances with NAPs and such.

So when everyone left is NAP, the game stalls and on to the next.

Mar 30, 2017, 23:2503/30/17
Mar 30, 2017, 23:28(edited)
It really gets me angry when developers pull this move. I don't know about most ppl but I play mmo's like this because I get invested in my league or guild or whatever. It's the ppl I come to actually care about.... and then the devs destroy the playability of the game with poorly geared microtransaction and game mechanics...... and the game dies a whimpering death. Happened to me with Secret of Solstice, and I had spent hundreds of dollars on a single character! At this point I won't consider investing another cent in this game till I see what else the dev's have in store for us. I was at least able to keep one or two of my good friends from SoS after it was finally closed down due to lack of playerbase, so if this game goes the same way as so many pay to wins before it I hope I'll still be able to keep in touch with ppl I've come to consider friends.
Mar 30, 2017, 23:3203/30/17
06/25/16

FK!!! One of the few good things about mobile Stormfall is that they didn't introduce the tactical weapon "fireball". Now they have gone and ruind the game here too :(

Mar 30, 2017, 23:3903/30/17
06/25/16

Terrible terrible move. Difficult enough pretending the game is strategic when you bring in this game changing tactical weapon for tactical players with no strategic cabability. No longer a strategic game. Thanks guys. I rally bad move. Not spending any more cash here. :(

Mar 31, 2017, 03:3103/31/17
05/17/15
Horrible. This is why I quit playing PC version. Defense is now useless at a castle. 
Mar 31, 2017, 07:4603/31/17

Hi, guys.

I'm ordinary player too,

Can you advise me, what's so horrible in fireballs vs buying troops/reviving troops for sapphires?

1. 10 fireballs per day - min 400 sapph (10k dmg), max 6000 sapph (160k dmg).
  2. 30% free revive.
  3. Alliance spam troops attack vs fireballs?
  4. Infantry - 24 hours ~ 11520 base power.Cavalry - the same ~ 11520 base power. +differents bonuses -defenders wall and bonuses. Ok, let it stay base. So 23040 base power per day for rss vs 800 sapph fireballs. Don't think is a big problem.
Ofc, there can be different abuse of fireballs, time will judge.

Mar 31, 2017, 08:4303/31/17
09/20/16

Now that you brought in the worst feature of the pc version, my investment has been made useless. Was planning my next investment but not spending a penny more.

Mar 31, 2017, 10:5403/31/17
08/09/16
The problem for me is you have given the "terrorist" mentality players a nuclear weapon. Furthermore you have taken away the option of retaliation by making them invisible. If attacked with troops there is a trade off defending your castle, with fireballs no trade off... the defender has nothing to show for the time and money put into the castle, they are just a helpless victim who cannot even retaliate. I wonder if you would not see a problem with a weors protection that had no time limit (never ended) and was undetectable to all raiders but destroyed the raid force at contact, this would be the defensive equivilant of the new fireballs as far as I am concerned. It's ALL about balance, for every offensive there has to be an equivilant defensive because for every attacker there is a defender and if the defender is made to be helpless the game is not fun anymore and not worth putting money into! I read in AoW forum that you are developing a def against fireballs, good move and I Strongly advise you introduce it here as SOON as it is developed! I am not a big spender but allow myself to spend now and then to enhance the game, in fact have been waiting for the right pkg for couple weeks now but will not spend another dime here till a def against fireballs is offered! I left AoW bout 2 yrs ago cause it wasn't fun anymore and am going to wait and see if you will maintain a balance and keep it fun here or just just turn the game over to the terrorists.
Mar 31, 2017, 15:5303/31/17
03/01/16
Lords and Ladies, it's true that Fireballs make the attack more aggressive, but it's a war strategy, there's always an option to play smarter!
Mar 31, 2017, 19:1303/31/17
04/14/17

Then I suggest you supply that option as soon as possible. At present we can leave troops out to defend (pvp) incoming attacks and hope we are stronger than they are to defeat them. But now all it takes is a few well timed fireballs to defeat the defence prior to a raid.

You just killed defensive PvP off. All people will now do after being hit by one of these just once is hide their troops. Don't tell me that is the 'smarter to which you refer, because if it is you really ought to take a long hard look at your stats for the next month or so.

They didn't work in the browser version what makes you think that a smaller screen will fix everything? I say again, bad idea motivated solely by bottom line concerns I expect
Apr 1, 2017, 00:3004/01/17
04/03/14

Who is the brain dead idiot that came up with the idea of being able to send shadow fireballs? I refuse to play a fighting game where I don't have the ability to identify my attacker so that I can retaliate. You have just lost this player from the game. Talk about the height of stupidity. You people have just taken that to a whole new level.

Apr 2, 2017, 13:0504/02/17
Apr 2, 2017, 13:13(edited)

Are you kidding me?! "Play smarter"?! That's a bald faced excuse for pay to win. Think, just think, for as long as u need to see the strategic implications of both the know and unknown offensive tactic that fireballs are so u can see they are a game breaking change because they can only be purchased in useful numbers using actual cash. No point in defending anymore if someone can drop unlimited cash on these and burn anyone at will, while staying hidden if they're a coward. Everyday goes by with more of these stinkers hitting my league I find myself playing a little less, soon I'll be done. If the next change to this game doesn't fix this and instead is another in a recent line of blatant money grabs I'm just gunna throw in the towel, there are thousands of these types of games to choose from, I'll pick a better one.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 3, 2017, 09:5304/03/17
09/17/15

Hi, guys! :) We understand that some of you are upset because of being attacked. Especially if being attacked by a "ghost" fireball. I know how you feel because of the possibility to lose Units, when your rival uses none. 

However, he actually does! To attack you, he needs to buy a fireball and lose it. As it only strikes once and is destroyed once it reaches its target. Just think how dangerous a real fight against your Units seems to be for the attacker, so he uses another approach and attacks you without revealing the size of his own army. 

This feature is new and interesting for players, so many of them try it to see how it works. Once they learn more about it, they won't launch it that often. But it still will be a part of someone's strategy. By knowing it, you can think of your own anti-strategy :) Just think about how cool it can be.
Apr 4, 2017, 11:2704/04/17
I'm going to say this one last thing and then sadly it looks like it's goodbye to stormfall forever. It's NOT cool, it's not going to be cool. They don't get used because they're afraid of attacking a person, ppl do it to soften u up before trying to crush u.  Fireballs are cash items, therefore they give a huge advantage to monied players. Palarium has been making every change favor monied players. Maybe you guys don't realized how many other choices we all have for other games. The official responses from palarium's​ppl have seemed only weak justifications for another obvious money grab. I'll ask one of my friends to let me know if palarium decides to change things back to a fair balance, till then it's a frustrating waste of time and money. Clearly I'm a ways past upset given my investment in this, cash, time and emotionally, and hollow justifications for the introduction a new revenue source are feeling more insulting to my intellect each time a new one is reworded and put out to us.
Apr 4, 2017, 13:4904/04/17

I have strane feeling that all messages are depends only on predictions, bad one.

Can you advise me, did anyone get fireball abuse? Not predictions but fact? 

For example, I had 1kk on deff and got 10 fireball shots. 1-2 hits I think and that's all...

Worried about alliance fireball abuse? Hide your troops and enemy alliance will be in deep .....  .

So I don't think fireball is such horrible and unforgivable thing.

Let's wait and see what will be.

Apr 5, 2017, 07:4904/05/17
02/24/17
I don't know what everyone's going on about you get points as if I'd defended against troops I'll face either army's or fireballs all the same to me.. Plus I use them wisely to my advantage ppl who I still want burn but don't want league war got me a secret revenge hit but they may guess but can't prove it haha was great.. N other fireball used to kill of the spy's at castles before can see what they had without massive loss of succubus n thieves can't change it adapt to it ppl wtf the prob with that.. They only strong as few Pallys anyway it's a war game not for the faint hearted haha
Apr 5, 2017, 08:3304/05/17
02/19/17
Why i can t buy : shadow fireball :